Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

View attachment 733984

We’re off to a great start! 🥰
KindlyUnawareGoldfinch-mobile.jpg

Ok all you CR experts…. Is this a lamp? And if it is, how in the heck does it turn on???? 😂. We asked the bellman who brought our luggage up. He had no clue, thought it was just decor until we pointed out it is plugged in. 🤷🏻‍♀️. Thanks!!! 😊

Attachments

• 88103F83-32B2-4B66-BC6F-2E0CDA015492.jpeg
    88103F83-32B2-4B66-BC6F-2E0CDA015492.jpeg
    28.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Ok all you CR experts…. Is this a lamp? And is it is, how in the heck does it turn on???? 😂. We asked the bellman who brought our luggage up. He had no clue, thought it was just decor until we pointed out it is plugged in. 🤷🏻‍♀️. Thanks!!! 😊
Is that not an in-line switch in the cord near the wall outlet? (Hard to tell, but it looks like there’s a bulge in the cord…)

Yes, definitely a lamp. Check that little gold button on the side right below the white ball part. I’m can’t remember exactly if it was just as touch or an actual switch.

Is that not an in-line switch in the cord near the wall outlet? (Hard to tell, but it looks like there’s a bulge in the cord…)

We thought that too & so did the bellman, it’s just like a connector, nothing to switch there

Yes, definitely a lamp. Check that little gold button on the side right below the white ball part. I’m can’t remember exactly if it was just as touch or an actual switch.

I pushed straight in, tried to see if it toggles up or down. Bellman tried to push it too. Nothing. I tried every switch in the room to see if any of them would turn it on. Nothing

That “button” on the right side is what you touch. Hard to see in the video but that’s what he’s reaching behind to touch. Should toggle between 2-3 brightness levels.

@focusondisney - my guess is either that button is damaged, something is wrong with the power outlet, or the bulb is possibly burnt out.

I pushed straight in, tried to see if it toggles up or down. Bellman tried to push it too. Nothing. I tried every switch in the room to see if any of them would turn it on. Nothing
Oh gosh, I wish I could remember how I got it on. I do remember turning it on (unless I’m Disney dreaming), but can’t remember how.

That “button” on the right side is what you touch. Hard to see in the video but that’s what he’s reaching behind to touch. Should toggle between 2-3 brightness levels.

@focusondisney - my guess is either that button is damaged, something is wrong with the power outlet, or the bulb is possibly burnt out.
Yes, I remember there being a couple of brightness levels. Maybe the lamp or the outlet is broken.

If memory serves tap the shade part around the light bulb. I think that's how it worked...the kids were WAY to into that lamp right away so we unplugged it half the trip

Hello fellow DISers! We spent 4 nights at the Contemporary Standard Garden Wing room. It was great! The room was very spacious, thoughtfully designed, and the extra bed was actually comfortable for my teen girl. The Incredibles touches throughout were very nice. We had an outstanding view of the monorail and a partial view of the lake. It was room 5355, which is third floor towards the end of the building. I wish I would have taken a picture. We did not put in any requests and were very happy with such a great view for a standard room.

Tips:
- If you have a Disney VISA, you get 20% off at all Joffrey's locations, including the one in the lobby of the Contemporary. So 20% off cappuccinos, smoothies, pastries, etc.!
- January after MLK weekend is very low crowds. This is a great time to visit if you are not bounded by school schedules. We had great weather too (highs 70-80; lows 55 - 70).
- There is a pool table next to the water near the old ferry to WL.
- Ferry to FW and WL is still not running.

I wrote a bit more about our experiences in the TPAS forum:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...-including-park-hopping.3807247/post-64572277

Here is a pic of the January activities and scavenger hunt:49E798BF-C60D-4C99-9DF7-AD28B83A2EAF.jpeg

Attachments

• F5061166-1717-4F42-83F1-20C39CAC96EA.jpeg
    F5061166-1717-4F42-83F1-20C39CAC96EA.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 28
Hello fellow DISers! We spent 4 nights at the Contemporary Standard Garden Wing room. It was great! The room was very spacious, thoughtfully designed, and the extra bed was actually comfortable for my teen girl. The Incredibles touches throughout were very nice. We had an outstanding view of the monorail and a partial view of the lake. It was room 5355, which is third floor towards the end of the building. I wish I would have taken a picture. We did not put in any requests and were very happy with such a great view for a standard room.

Tips:
- If you have a Disney VISA, you get 20% off at all Joffrey's locations, including the one in the lobby of the Contemporary. So 20% off cappuccinos, smoothies, pastries, etc.!
- January after MLK weekend is very low crowds. This is a great time to visit if you are not bounded by school schedules. We had great weather too (highs 70-80; lows 55 - 70).

https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...-including-park-hopping.3807247/post-64572277

Here is a pic of the January activities and scavenger hunt:View attachment 736026
Thanks for your review. Glad you had a good time. Can you tell us what’s going on with the pool? I know the main feature pool is closed, but the recreation calendar lists lots of pool activities/parties at the BLT pool. Are they letting CR people use that pool for now??

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a good time. Can you tell us what’s going on with the pool? I know the main feature pool is closed, but the recreation calendar lists lots of pool activities/parties at the BLT pool. Are they letting CR people use that pool for now??
The pool over at Bay Lake was open; my husband used it in the evening. It had a water slide, a bar, a putting green, ping pong, bocce. His Magic Band opened the gate.

Tips:

Here is a pic of the January activities and scavenger hunt:View attachment 736026
Oh thx on the Disney visa discount 👍

The pool over at Bay Lake was open; my husband used it in the evening. It had a water slide, a bar, a putting green, ping pong, bocce. His Magic Band opened the gate.
Thanks for the reply. Interesting. I guess maybe they are letting CR people use the BLT pool, but just not advertising it.
Hope you had a good trip. 😀

If anyone is at the Contemporary right now? If so, could you please post the February activities guide. Thanks so much!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter