Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Recently back from a CR stay - just reporting that it looked like other than a few rooms with scrim still on the windows, the Garden Wing was getting close to substantially complete. Parking lot back open, full running trail around the building is back open. Minimal disruptions from what I could tell.

I know there was a report somewhere about pending Tower balcony work but there was no evidence of anything I could see. Although there are definitely some parts of the Tower that need a little exterior work, especially towards the top - metal panels that need re-sealing around the edges, etc - so I am 'guessing' that may be what is to come (but that's just a guess on my part).

DLR vet here, planning our first WDW trip for Thanksgiving Week 2022. Our final two nights (11/22-24) will be at the CR (two teen daughters, my husband and I). I currently have a room booked in the Garden Wing, but am considering splurging for an Atrium Club Level room. I would love thoughts... We're not huge Incredibles fans, but the theming looks fun. We of course absolutely love the Incredicoaster at DCA park. However, reading through recent posts, the new theming isn't getting great reviews. Maybe we'll be happier with the Garden Wing room and splurging at restaurants and experiences rather than CL?

DLR vet here, planning our first WDW trip for Thanksgiving Week 2022. Our final two nights (11/22-24) will be at the CR (two teen daughters, my husband and I). I currently have a room booked in the Garden Wing, but am considering splurging for an Atrium Club Level room. I would love thoughts... We're not huge Incredibles fans, but the theming looks fun. We of course absolutely love the Incredicoaster at DCA park. However, reading through recent posts, the new theming isn't getting great reviews. Maybe we'll be happier with the Garden Wing room and splurging at restaurants and experiences rather than CL?
Good question,

Why did you choose CR?

There are many reasons to pick GV , tower or Cl.

Last edited:
Oops, anyways. There is a thread right now where ppl insist one is better than the other. Lol it’s true. Sometimes the flexibility of non cl trips is nice. This maybe one of those times? The app makes it so easy to book dining or order food or even just a cupcake on a whim.

My next CR stay I do have cl. At time of booking is was less than $100 a night to do cl bs TPV room (our favorite) . We always wanted to try Tower cl and it’s only 2 nights so not as bad vs a whole trip.

Sort of apples and oranges options to some extent! :-)

I’m a CR CL fan, but whether it’s “worth it” is subjective of course. If you think you’ll find some value in the CL offerings then it’s a nice splurge, but if you’re the kind of guest that likes to be out/about property all the time, then probably less so.

Breakfast is their best offering of the day (in my opinion) - having a spot right on the floor to grab a quick bite, coffee, or just to be while others are getting ready can be very convenient.

While I don’t love the Incredibles theme and still struggle with how it all fits in the overall CR theme… IMHO it’s not as over-the-top as I had feared and frankly the rooms are quite nice. The bathrooms in particular are arguably now the best, or among the best, on property. So put me in the camp of cringing at the pics but enjoying it in real life.

Tower vs Garden Wing is an endless debate. Personally I’m a Tower person…. If I’m going to CR it’s for the views, being up high, having a guaranteed balcony, etc. Not that there’s anything wrong with the Garden Wing and it can be a great value - it just isn’t my first preference.

Plus as a first timer with only two nights… that strongly says Tower to me.

Enjoy your trip!

This thought just hit me as I am trying to cover off on every little detail... We are arriving early in the AM on our check-in day and totally not expecting room to be ready. We will drop luggage at bell service upon arrival and head to MK. I just got concerned about our electronics (at least 2 laptops)- do you just keep them in locked luggage or ask that they be put in a safe (if hotels have safes anymore)?

This thought just hit me as I am trying to cover off on every little detail... We are arriving early in the AM on our check-in day and totally not expecting room to be ready. We will drop luggage at bell service upon arrival and head to MK. I just got concerned about our electronics (at least 2 laptops)- do you just keep them in locked luggage or ask that they be put in a safe (if hotels have safes anymore)?
Bell Services does offer secure storage on request, if you can’t or don’t want to lock your electronics in your luggage.

I talked DD into splitting the cost to change from CSR to Cr std garden . I always make myself a map ! Here you go if interested .
Standard room numbers are:20, 21, 01, 02, 62-67, 61-52. That is touring plans designation, can’t guarantee accuracy.
We have GoTG AP preview Sunday !

Attachments

• BE8F521E-3055-4BB7-BD14-A1DEA5C02675.jpeg
    BE8F521E-3055-4BB7-BD14-A1DEA5C02675.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 69

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter