• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Anyone else being told their room at CR for the 50th is not going to be available? I had CR TPV CL booked and now Disney is saying it won't be ready in time.
I believe it. Im at CR now. Not that I can see anything behind the wall covers (pretty tarps!) on each floor, but I can hear hammers, drills, banging all day every day! They dont seem to be even close to "furnishing".

Does anyone know if they are offering room service currently? We are staying in a main tower theme park view for our anniversary in October and would like breakfast in our room. :)
Yes. Im here now and there is room service, though its from Contempo with a few added entrees. Mostly Quick service food though.
No, for now room service is not being offered at any resort except for GF and Disney has suspiciously scrubbed any reference about it from the website. TBD what they have in mind for it returning.
There is room service at the Contemporary now. Its from Contempo with a few added entrees from what seems to be Chef Mickeys! The Wave breakfast has been moved to the Cali Grill location. (Wave menu in Cali Grill).

Anyone else being told their room at CR for the 50th is not going to be available? I had CR TPV CL booked and now Disney is saying it won't be ready in time.

Yikes keep us posted please. Have a regular TPV room booked starting the 6th of Oct. Did you book directly through disney or with a TA?

Is it because of the CL (concierge level)? I heard that was still not going to be available at the Contemporary yet

Yikes keep us posted please. Have a regular TPV room booked starting the 6th of Oct. Did you book directly through disney or with a TA?
Through a TA. They were notified. I was offered the Grand TPV. I don't really have much choice. They said it was due to the refurbishment not being completed. If that is the case then so be it however, it is absolutely poor planning on Disney's part not to have them ready in time. If they are doing it to allow VIPs to stay there I will absolutely lose my mind. So there better not be anyone on those balconies for fireworks. I know it is very negative that I immediately think of that but let's be honest, the way that Disney is money grabbing at the moment and cutting overall service I would not be surprised.

Through a TA. They were notified. I was offered the Grand TPV. I don't really have much choice. They said it was due to the refurbishment not being completed. If that is the case then so be it however, it is absolutely poor planning on Disney's part not to have them ready in time. If they are doing it to allow VIPs to stay there I will absolutely lose my mind. So there better not be anyone on those balconies for fireworks. I know it is very negative that I immediately think of that but let's be honest, the way that Disney is money grabbing at the moment and cutting overall service I would not be surprised.
I thought the same thing when CG wasn't available for booking for Oct 1 but then they opened it again a day later until Oct 2.

I am surprised that no one else has reported being notified about this yet. I called GS and was told there was nothing noted. Did they put you in the main building? Did you get a price adjustment? RPC is nice if that is what you got.

Last edited:
The had nothing in the main tower to offer so they offered the Grand at a very nominal reduction.
If they are giving you a non-CL room for a 'very nominal reduction' it's not really a fair exchange. Were any other options offered?

otoh if they gave me GF RPC for a nominal reduction I would be ok. Location to MK not as good but CL better.

Last edited:
They offered nothing at CR. I was offered GF TPV with CL access (although the room is in an outer bldg so getting to the club will require a walk).
ok, they are not offering Sugarloaf CL anytime soon so they are giving you RPC access with an outer building TPV. Which isn't optimal but I would take it, along with the reduction in price.

I suppose you could counter with non-CL TPV with a bigger reduction in price but I think the lounge access will be valuable during that busy week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter