• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

You are so right about Contempo. Granted the only time I ate there was during Covid. I’d would gladly hop around m the monorail to grab something at Captain Cook’s.

Lol!

Frankly, through a few trips now we’ve been using the To Go option from places like The Wave, Kona Cafe, etc as the quick service. Bad for my wallet and waist line!

Lol!

Frankly, through a few trips now we’ve been using the To Go option from places like The Wave, Kona Cafe, etc as the quick service. Bad for my wallet and waist line!
I got the flat bread at Contempo and was not impressed. My wife and son got the Hot Turkey Sandwich. She gave me a bite and it was very good. I was hoping to try the Italian Beef but it is not currently on the menu. I’m not sure if take out at the TS restaurants was available when we were there in August.

I got the flat bread at Contempo and was not impressed. My wife and son got the Hot Turkey Sandwich. She gave me a bite and it was very good. I was hoping to try the Italian Beef but it is not currently on the menu. I’m not sure if take out at the TS restaurants was available when we were there in August.
DH loved the Hot Turkey Sandwich and attempted to make it a few days after we got home.
(Shhhhh, wasn't as good, lol.)

Guess it’s website updating day for Disney...

Posted on Disney’s CR page:

Starting in April 2021, Disney's Contemporary Resort will begin a refurbishment to reimagine Guest rooms. While some Main Tower rooms will be unavailable during the refurbishment, most resort areas and amenities will still be available for Guests to enjoy.

Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/contemporary-resort/

For those that have stayed in the garden wing, did you feel really separated from the main tower? Like was it a huge deal being in a separate wing? I’d like to stay at the CR but the tower rooms are a little out of budget

For those that have stayed in the garden wing, did you feel really separated from the main tower? Like was it a huge deal being in a separate wing? I’d like to stay at the CR but the tower rooms are a little out of budget

We’ve stayed there twice during Covid. We love it. It’s a very short walk to the main tower and we never had to wait for an elevator.

We’ve stayed there twice during Covid. We love it. It’s a very short walk to the main tower and we never had to wait for an elevator.

It seems like a good compromise given the prices of the tower and the fact that they’re doing tower room renovations soon. Plus, I can imagine it’ll be super quiet.

I’ve dreamt of staying here since I first saw it as a young lad in the 80s.

Super excited to stay a couple nights at BLT in a lake view one bedroom this March. We had a studio booked for our family of four but I decided to splurge since I don’t know when we will be back.
You won’t regret the splurge. The extra room is so nice plus you have a kitchen, washer/dryer and an extra bathroom. Below is the lake view we had in August. I think it was room 8035

It seems like a good compromise given the prices of the tower and the fact that they’re doing tower room renovations soon. Plus, I can imagine it’ll be super quiet.
Absolutely - We've never stayed in the tower so I cannot compare it to that. It is quite a bit more to stay there and I'm not sure if it's worth the price difference unless you'd be staying in a theme park room (during normal times). GW is very quite, which I love, and you can't beat the walk to MK!

Sinks in rooms :)
The sinks are THE WORST! I was feeling some kind of way about them after the last couple of stays. We had most of our meals in our room and trying to rinse dishes in those sinks was...😖

Do you think restaurants will be closed during the refurb?

The notice at the moment says “most resort areas and amenities will still be available for Guests to enjoy.”

I guess it depends on what Disney’s definition of “most” is. :-)

There were rumors (who knows if real or not) way back when of an “Incredibles-themed steakhouse” for The Wave. I’d probably argue The Wave DOES need a refurb - or at least new furniture/lighting/freshening up.

With BLT open there should be enough to keep Contempo Cafe open since you need a quick service, generally speaking.

I wonder if with the Tower closed there will be enough demand to justify keeping Contemporary Grounds open.

Outer Rim is only open now Th-Sun - they could stick to that or close it altogether as it was when they first reopened.

Who knows though, guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

No they are
Do you think restaurants will be closed during the refurb?
Yes food options were open when the tower was closed before July. And CM staff has already been recalled so very unlikely any "need" to close.

We still don't know if Disney is planning to do the entire tower (all rooms) at one time vs individual floors or blocks of floors. They can do TPV rooms on a floor by blocking at the elevator lobby area on a floor and then do Lake view rooms on a different schedule.

Dave

The sinks are THE WORST! I was feeling some kind of way about them after the last couple of stays. We had most of our meals in our room and trying to rinse dishes in those sinks was...😖
[/QUOTE]

Try washing baby bottle in those sinks. So glad we will be past that this stay.

Lol - what if they re-do everything in the rooms and not the sinks.

It will be DIS outrage! :mic:

Actually, if those sinks start showing up in surplus stores, I totally want one!

I would be saltier than the Dead Sea! You should see what my bathroom counters look like on trips. Sephora has less products.

The first thing I thought when I heard about the refurb was “please let us have counters in October”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter