Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

CR experts, I would appreciate your opinions, please. The discounts released today are amazing news for our trip! But also have given me a little predicament. I have to choose between these two rooms: Garden Wing, Garden View: $412.65 or Tower, Lake View $546.53. Is it worth $134 to stay in the tower right now?

A couple of things that I am considering in favor of the garden wing: 1)a garden room might be closer to the pool, where I expect my teens to spend a fair amount of time given the park hours 2)elevator issues would be less applicable 3) the price difference could pay for a dinner out.

What should I be considering for the tower rooms?

CR experts, I would appreciate your opinions, please. The discounts released today are amazing news for our trip! But also have given me a little predicament. I have to choose between these two rooms: Garden Wing, Garden View: $412.65 or Tower, Lake View $546.53. Is it worth $134 to stay in the tower right now?

A couple of things that I am considering in favor of the garden wing: 1)a garden room might be closer to the pool, where I expect my teens to spend a fair amount of time given the park hours 2)elevator issues would be less applicable 3) the price difference could pay for a dinner out.

Longer walks for food and transportation. Garden wing rooms do not have a balcony on the upper floors. Ground floor has a patio, but no divider between the patio of the room next to you. The covered walkway to the garden wing is open on the sides, so you may still get wet walking between the tower and the wing if the weather is bad.
And, of course, not as nice a view.
It's all about which is more important to you personally.

My daughter booked Garden Wing, Garden View for a trip this weekend and was offered an upgrade to Tower for $55/night. She was upgraded to TPV!

$134 more per night would not be worth it to me, but I've stayed at the CR several times over the years. If it's your first trip there and it's in the budget, I'd say go for it. If you're going soon, you might consider taking the gamble and booking Garden Wing and hoping for an upgrade, whether complimentary or paid.

My daughter booked Garden Wing, Garden View for a trip this weekend and was offered an upgrade to Tower for $55/night. She was upgraded to TPV!

$134 more per night would not be worth it to me, but I've stayed at the CR several times over the years. If it's your first trip there and it's in the budget, I'd say go for it. If you're going soon, you might consider taking the gamble and booking Garden Wing and hoping for an upgrade, whether complimentary or paid.
I think that may be what we do! Choose Garden and hope for an opportunity to upgrade :) Thank you!

I just had a 3 night "staycation" at the Contemporary that ended yesterday. Because the runDisney race in Paris was cancelled for this month, I had to cancel the room reservation I had using my DVC points. Since I had to use them by 9/30/20, I chose to stay here in the Tower with a TPV. While no fireworks or electrical water pageant, the views were still spectacular.

I really had no problems with the elevators. I was on the 10th floor. I did use the stairwell going down at least twice. I wear a tracker, and after my dinner at Tony's on Sunday night, the steps were an added "help!"

I rode the bus to DHS late on Saturday afternoon with no problem (there or back). I drove to DAK on Friday (my arrival day) and EPCOT yesterday (check out day). I had a great parking spot in the lot at the Contemporary. I walked to MK on Sunday, except later in the day when I went back for dinner - rode the monorail - no problems. When I left on Sunday night after dinner at Tony's, it was about 30 minutes after park closing and there was a line at the monorail, so I walked back.

I did sit out on the balcony a couple of times. The room comes with a mini fridge and kureg if you drink coffee (or tea). Plenty of room for hanging clothes and some drawer space (2 drawers next to the bed and some in the closet, I had 2 queen beds). The bathroom has motion sensor night lights which I thought were great for when I get up in the night to go the bathroom. It's been many years since I stayed in the garden wind (1994 actually) so I don't know how the layout compares.

I also want to comment that since I stayed on DVC reservation points, DVC had told me that I would not get housekeeping, since it comes on day 4 of my stay (of which there was no day 4). I called the "front desk" from my room phone and was told the same thing. But they actually did come on Sunday (every other day is what they are doing and that is to take out the trash and give you fresh towels). I am glad I prepared for this just in case.

If you need something (clean towels, more soap or TP for example), you can call and they will bring it.

Wave Lounge
Cove Bar
Sand Bar
California Grill Lounge (not 100% sure on this one)

BLT is awesome.

FYI, the bar at Cali Grill is open but the “lounge” area is not, the space is being used for expanded/spaced out restaurant tables. At least it was when I was there in July, which I ‘think’ is still the case.

I'm sorry, as I'm sure this question has been asked and answered, but can anyone tell me if the coffee machines in the rooms are keurigs? I thought they were Cuisinart when we were there a few years ago...

I'm sorry, as I'm sure this question has been asked and answered, but can anyone tell me if the coffee machines in the rooms are keurigs? I thought they were Cuisinart when we were there a few years ago...
Yes they are keurigs now. Only at certain resorts though. CR, CSR, and AKL since the refurb are the ones I know for sure.

Given the choice, would you do Garden wing - King or BLT Studio - Standard view?
How many people? I’m assuming for two people, I’d do BLT. The bed is a little smaller but the extra seating space and kitchenette is nice. You would also have access to BLT pool and hot tub.

How many people? I’m assuming for two people, I’d do BLT. The bed is a little smaller but the extra seating space and kitchenette is nice. You would also have access to BLT pool and hot tub.
Yes, sorry, two people and three nights, and we've never stayed at the Contemporary or BLT. Will be switching to Riviera for the second half of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter