• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I swear someone posted a toll-free number for Disney...does someone have it handy so I don't have to go through 213 pages of info please?

Thanks!

I swear someone posted a toll-free number for Disney...does someone have it handy so I don't have to go through 213 pages of info please?

Thanks!

Toll-free? Disney doesn't have a toll-free number, but this is the one I posted a while back: (407) W-DISNEY.

Thanks WDWKOOK! I could have sworn someone had a secret toll free number. Maybe it was another board ;) LOL

Thanks for the quick reply.

Thanks WDWKOOK! I could have sworn someone had a secret toll free number. Maybe it was another board ;) LOL

Thanks for the quick reply.

There isn't even a secret one. MANY years ago there was, but not any longer. If you're calling from out of the US, is it a matter that could be handled online via email or chat?

How exciting!!! Enjoy your trip!!

Thank you! :-)

LOVE an early arrival! You have the whole day ahead of you! I think you (and I in 18 days), are the last ME stop? Let us know if you're greeted outside - just curious.

I see we're both doing a 3-way split and both BC. I can't recall what you booked at CR, but let us know your first impressions. CR is a magical place and quintessential Disney.

Got on Magical Express at exactly 9:00am. We were the last ones on bus (only 1/2 full) before they pulled away at 9:05am. Arrived at Contemporary first!!! At 9:40am. I didn't know it was even possible to get from airport to Contemporary that quickly. We were dropped off first, followed by the GF and Poly (not sure who was second or third). It was announced that we would be dropped off third, but we were surprised with being dropped off first.
We booked a standard garden wing room. We requested ground floor and near transportation. We received our request - ground floor and really near tunnel leading into main building. Parking lot view. It is so quiet here. HUGE rooms. Fully bottle of complimentary Dasani water, H20 hair spa hair products.
When we arrived, our room wasn't ready, so we left our luggage and hopped on monorail to Poly. We bought mugs (only red, blue, purple handle less mugs there). We toured around the Poly (last year we visited and it was under construction), shopped, then ate lunch at Captain Cooks, followed by Dole Whips at Pineapple Lanai - so good! Then took monorail back around to MK - got pictures in front of MK, got tickets attached at Guest Services, then hopped back on monorail for Contemporary. No issues with monorail other than someone leaning against door and they had to stop for a couple of minutes.
Upon arrival to CR, room still not ready, so went swimming until 2;00pm. Room finally ready so we got our bags delivered and are now relaxing and getting ready to have dinner at Trails End later on tonight. Tomorrow will be EMH at the MK - taking advantage of visiting MK as much as possible while at the CR.
@WDWKOOK you are correct that we are heading to the BC next, followed by PORS. Gotta tell you, we love BC, but these Contemporary rooms are amazing and spacious feeling! DD17 so excited to have her own bed too.
We were not greeted outside. There were a couple of ladies by the valet area, but no one greeting us. However, everyone has been extremely friendly and chatty:-)
So far, things are great!

Thank you! :-)

Got on Magical Express at exactly 9:00am. We were the last ones on bus (only 1/2 full) before they pulled away at 9:05am. Arrived at Contemporary first!!! At 9:40am. I didn't know it was even possible to get from airport to Contemporary that quickly. We were dropped off first, followed by the GF and Poly (not sure who was second or third). It was announced that we would be dropped off third, but we were surprised with being dropped off first.

We booked a standard garden wing room. We requested ground floor and near transportation. We received our request - ground floor and really near tunnel leading into main building. Parking lot view. It is so quiet here. HUGE rooms. Fully bottle of complimentary Dasani water, H20 hair spa hair products.

When we arrived, our room wasn't ready, so we left our luggage and hopped on monorail to Poly. We bought mugs (only red, blue, purple handle less mugs there). We toured around the Poly (last year we visited and it was under construction), shopped, then ate lunch at Captain Cooks, followed by Dole Whips at Pineapple Lanai - so good! Then took monorail back around to MK - got pictures in front of MK, got tickets attached at Guest Services, then hopped back on monorail for Contemporary. No issues with monorail other than someone leaning against door and they had to stop for a couple of minutes.

Upon arrival to CR, room still not ready, so went swimming until 2;00pm. Room finally ready so we got our bags delivered and are now relaxing and getting ready to have dinner at Trails End later on tonight. Tomorrow will be EMH at the MK - taking advantage of visiting MK as much as possible while at the CR.
@WDWKOOK you are correct that we are heading to the BC next, followed by PORS. Gotta tell you, we love BC, but these Contemporary rooms are amazing and spacious feeling! DD17 so excited to have her own bed too.

We were not greeted outside. There were a couple of ladies by the valet area, but no one greeting us. However, everyone has been extremely friendly and chatty:-)
So far, things are great!

Thanks so much for checking in with us. You got there in record time! So glad you got your requested location and don't forget that "parking lot view" is also a "monorail view";)

LOVE TE! Looks like someone's having some fried chicken tonight;). They also have a great breakfast buffet with BBQ Pulled Pork Eggs Benedict - the best. It's like The Samoan over at Kona, but AYCE.

It's going to be SOOO hard heading over to BC after Tower Club. I'm sure I won't want to leave, but I'm trying to make this a "trip of firsts" and BC is the last Deluxe I haven't tried. I've never been excited about it and prefer YC's theming, but I felt I needed to mark it off the list. Tower Club wasn't available anyway with my military rate after 9/8 so I have to move on. While you might not want to leave either, it's great being able to walk to Epcot and DHS and I'm sure your DD (same age as mine) loves SAB and B&C.

I hope you continue having a magical stay.

@MrsBlovesDisney and @WDWKOOK
Heard a lot of Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus by the pool (kids playing pool games). I will try to listen tomorrow:-)

That's the pool party music (sigh) so there's still a chance the 90's are alive and well and coming through those hidden speakers in the foliage.

Hey WDWKOOK what do you think about CR because last time I was there it was OK, so maybe you could tell me what good things I could do at the CR. I stayed in a bay view club level room. and Chef Mickey's was OK, so if you have any suggestions about the CR if you do awesome!

Hey WDWKOOK what do you think about CR because last time I was there it was OK, so maybe you could tell me what good things I could do at the CR. I stayed in a bay view club level room. and Chef Mickey's was OK, so if you have any suggestions about the CR if you do awesome!

I'll let KOOK answer, but I loved how CR was so close to MK for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! I also thought the club lounge was very relaxing! :)

You stayed in my favorite view at WDW, so if you weren't crazy about that, maybe you'd like a view of MK better?

I'm not a fan of CM, but I think it's a great opportunity for picture taking with all the big characters. It's not really about the food, but more about the character interaction. I think it gets too loud and the food isn't the best, but everyone should try it once, especially with young children. Have you tried CA Grill? The view is amazing and I think the food is really good and they have a lot of wine for your mom;)

Do you like walking to MK? That's a huge benefit to staying at CR or BLT. Do you like a huge villa with two bathrooms? Then that's a huge benefit of a one bedroom at BLT. Do you like water activities? The marina and Sammy Duval have so many fun things to do and AllEars has a 20% off coupon!

Do you like arcades? They have a great one at CR. I love the pinball machines. Do you like going over to FW and WL or taking the monorail to Poly and GF? It's a breeze from CR!

@pixarmom is right about the lounge, it has a great view. I assume you stayed Atrium Club? I'm staying for the first time on the Tower Club level which is the 14th floor and I'll be posting a LIVE TR! I'll be very honest about my impressions so I hope you'll join me. I'll post the link here probably 9/4.

I'll let KOOK answer, but I loved how CR was so close to MK for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! I also thought the club lounge was very relaxing! :)

When is your next trip after January?

I'm staying for the first time on the Tower Club level which is the 14th floor and I'll be posting a LIVE TR! I'll be very honest about my impressions so I hope you'll join me. I'll post the link here probably 9/4.

It's been a few years since we've stayed at the CR (we're DVC members so we stay at BLT ), but previously we have stayed on the 14th floor a few times! One time we were upgraded to a one bedroom suite!! It was AMAZING!! Sending you pixie dust that you get an upgrade as well!

Things we observed (again going back a few years).... LOVED the bigger balconies, and LOVED the deep fill sinks (unlike the flat sinks)! If memory serves me correctly there are only 2 King bedrooms on the 14th floor?? One being HA...(just so you're aware). Also, keep in mind that you can't look down onto the Concourse like you can from all the other floors because it's enclosed.

As far as we're concerned there are NO BAD ROOMS/VIEWS at the CR (unlike at the BLT - where you may be looking at a loading dock, or looking across the way into someone else's room). We only stay in a TPV room at the BLT......and as long as we don't get the 4th floor (which HAS happened) we are happy!

Can't wait to hear your review!! Best wishes!!

Last edited:
You can still view Wishes from CA Grill, if you have a same-day ADR. If you are a DVC member, you can watch from BLT's Top of the World Lounge. You might also be able to watch it from the Sky Bridge which is next to the observation deck, however, I don't know if this is allowed.

We don't have a Cali Grill reservation- we have my crazy three year old with us and she cannot handle a slow paced meal like that at this point (although she did great at 10 months). I know there are other acceptable places to watch it, it just sucks that all the ones at the resort are effectively going to be off limits to me.

We don't have a Cali Grill reservation- we have my crazy three year old with us and she cannot handle a slow paced meal like that at this point (although she did great at 10 months). I know there are other acceptable places to watch it, it just sucks that all the ones at the resort are effectively going to be off limits to me.
You could still get out to the deck as of 8/12. The middle was full of crap but the side closest to the park was open and there were seats.

I know that a while back there was a pool noodle thread (people being told not allowed). We just spent an hour in the Contemporary pool with our noodles. We did ask the lifeguard before we entered the pool, as we didn't want to break any rules. We were told 'absolutely you can use them'. Just wanted to let you know that was our experience today.

And, we timed our walk from the garden wing rooms to the front of the Magic Kingdom - 14 minutes. Leisurely walk. Awesome!!!

They are working on the walkway from garden wing into the main building during the day, but it's open in the evening and early morning.
Took bus to Disney Springs - it took a long time (shared with Typhoon Lagoon and Wilderness Lodge) and not quite as cold as usual on the bus (I love it cold). I think we've been spoiled taking the boat from Port Orleans to Disney Springs. I can't believe the changes in Disney Springs over the last year!
Still enjoying it here. Beds are so comfortable and it's so quiet in the garden wing - can't hear anything and the monorail is going by our patio door!

I think you're thinking of the BLT Room View/Number thread, @Disney dreaming2. The link is in the first BLT chapter of the thread or just go right to it HERE.

First, check-out the link above to the BLT Room View/Number thread. Did you book on points or cash? If cash, you can call and add any requests directly to your reservation. If points, and you're the DVC member, you can call MS yourself. If renting points, the owner will have to do this for you.

By co-located, do you mean adjoining or connected? Adjoining rooms are next to each other without a door in between. I don't know if LV Studios even have a connecting door option, but you can make your adjoining room request anytime during or after booking (a cash reservation). Requests need to be made no later than about one week prior to arrival. You can't add comments to an OCI room request, so best to call them in.
@HatboxHaint BLT studios connect to 1 bedroom unit to make up the 2 bedroom lockoff units. There are no connecting studios there (only the Poly has them). If close proximity of the rooms is the most important thing to you I would make that your top request. You want to have member services or Disney CRO (depending on where you booked) notate traveling with reservation #xxx on each reservation to increase the likelihood of being placed near each other. We have done this twice (once BLT and once CR) and been placed very close together (across the hall at BLT and in connecting rooms in CR garden wing)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter