• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hey, guys!

I thought I'd stop by today as the guys from the DISUnplugged team just released a really heart-warming video talking about all the reasons why they love Disney's Contemporary Resort! I hope you enjoy it!

Thank you, @WebmasterJackie for posting the new video here. I'm going to hyperlink it on the first page.

You're right, it was heartwarming and I have a feeling many of us feel just as Kevin does each time we go under that water bridge. I think emotions associated with WDW parks, resorts and family vacations, can be very strong.

Will the DISUnplugged be covering all the resorts, starting with the Deluxes?

Thank you, @WebmasterJackie for posting the new video here. I'm going to hyperlink it on the first page.

You're right, it was heartwarming and I have a feeling many of us feel just as Kevin does each time we go under that water bridge. I think emotions associated with WDW parks, resorts and family vacations, can be very strong.

Will the DISUnplugged be covering all the resorts, starting with the Deluxes?
You're so welcome! Thank you for linking it on the first page too!!

I lost it at the end when @DisneyKevin talked about the feels when going under that water bridge!! Awww - I just LOVE that he still feels that way too. WDW is such a special place.

There will be 4 videos this week, I believe. They're covering Contemporary, Polynesian Village, Beach Club, then Animal Kingdom Lodge!! I'll post them on their respective threads the minute they go live on YouTube. :)

First timer at Contemporary this August. When we check out of Contemporary and move to Beach Club, we were thinking of breakfast at Garden Grill in Epcot. I have a 10:00am reservation booked, just in case this seems doable. We were hoping to leave our luggage at Bell Services to have them transfer it to Beach Club (is this service still offered?)

and then have breakfast at Garden Grill (what time should we leave Contemporary? Do we take monorail? Or should we take bus - is a bus even offered?) and then we will walk through the International Gateway to the Beach Club. Doable? Thanks for your help. So excited to be staying at CR!

Congratulations on your first stay at CR, @OurLaughingPlace. I thought I had read that resort transfers had either ended or were ending. Hopefully, some wise person will shed some light on this. Let's assume you can still do this...

Go ahead and take the monorail from CR to Epcot and head on over to GG. For a 10:00 ADR, I would arrive at Bell Services by 8:15, arrange for your transfer and get your luggage receipt. Head up the escalator to the 4th floor and one more escalator to the monorail platform. You'll need to change to the Epcot monorail at the TTC, go through security at Epcot and if all goes according to plan, you should be at GG before 10.

If they won't do the transfer, just Uber it on over to BC. I would do this instead because then you would have access to your luggage whenever you'd like and you'd be more "settled" when you come back from Epcot. You can then check-in and your room might even be ready! If not, store your luggage and then head to the IG and GG. I would do this at 8:30 to leave plenty of time to get an Uber and check-in. You might even be pleasantly surprised and your room could be ready. You can note that you'd like a 9:00 check-in on your Online Check-In form and they'll text you about an hour or two prior with the status.

deleted - my question was answered already

:)

What at the Contemporary can you refill your mugs?

Mug refills are available at the Contempo Café on the 4th floor in the Tower.

What a really nice video! I feel the CR love, because as a kid, I always wanted to stay there too. In 2007, I made real my goal to ride in the front of the monorail and in 2014, I brought my own family to stay at CR. Some people say CR isn't themed, but to me it will always be the futuristic Tomorrowland resort.

For our resort day, I'd like to plan a surprise scavenger hunt for my family. Participating will be my DW, DS9 and DS3. We're staying at Poly so I'd like to keep it within Poly, GF, CR and WL (we'll take the boat over). I would love suggestions with an estimated difficulty rating included so I know who to assign them to (easy for DS3, medium for DS9, and difficult for my wife).

Ideas would be like
At Contemporary:
"Entrance to Chef Mickey" for my DS3 and
"Sign with 'California Grill' on it" for DS9. Etc.

Any more suggestions for CR or BLT would be most welcomed.

Also, my DW and DS9 love looking for hidden Mickeys so those are welcome also.

Thanks!

Just got back from 4 nights at the Contemporary. Here is my mini review! I booked a garden wing standard view room through a travel agency exclusive deal. I did online check in around 60 days out and requested Ground Floor and close to transportation. Our flight got into Sanford at 5pm, and we rented a car, so I put our expected arrival time at 6pm. At 6pm on the dot I got my text that my room was ready and I could bypass the front desk. I drove to the Contemporary and through the main entrance. I told the bellman/valet guy that I was checking in and that I had my room ready text. He was VERY nice and made sure I had a magic band, asked if I needed help with my luggage, and gave me directions on how to park in the garden wing area. I drove over there, there were plenty of available spots.

Our room was 5165. This met both our requests! I was surprised when we got there that it was a king bed room. This worked fine since it was just me and my three year old, and I would be lucky if I got him to sleep in a bed by himself in a hotel, ha ha. This also left plenty of extra space in the room which was nice. The room was in great shape and very clean. The patio was very nice and as always, my son loved the monorail view. I can see how the walk to the lobby could be far for the other wings of the garden wing, but from our location it was super easy and we were so close to the pool. Comfortable bed with plenty of pillows. Room fridge was super cold which I love. 4 nights and we didn't turn on the TV even once if you can believe that, so I cant speak about that. I was expecting the sinks to be a problem from what I read but since I was expecting a problem I thought they were just fine! I give the location and room a big thumbs up.

After we settled in the room I went to the front desk to ask about our dining plan and mugs. I was actually a little off put by this interaction. I just walked up and said, "we just got here and went straight to our room after our text," and I swear I thought he rolled his eyes at me, but I continued "and I was wondering where we pick up our dining plan mugs?" He just says "contempo café." With no other explanation or offer of information, which felt odd and very impersonal. So yes, I know that I need to go up to the 4th floor and get the mugs from the café now, but I've only been in this building once in my life and that was via monorail. I feel that when I told him I literally just checked in he should have offered that information, or at least offered me a map, I didn't even know where the elevators were. So my front desk interaction gets a thumbs down.

Mousekeeping was great. I had no problems and the room seemed to be done nice and timely. Thumbs up.

Noise level: Almost none! Very quiet room. No connecting door which I think helps. Mild noise in the hall since we were near the door but nothing bad and I was not woken up at night even once (which happened SEVERAL times a night last trip at Yacht club). Thumbs up.

Pool area is a bit boring compared to some of the other deluxes, but it was SO EMPTY that it more than made up for it. I never had to wait to order food, there were chairs available no problem, etc. The sand bar café doesn't have a self-refill for your mugs, you ask at the counter and they give you are regular cup of soda instead. Pool area thumbs up.

Transportation was spotty. Of course the walk to MK was just magic. Worth the price of staying there for sure. I can't believe how fast we were in bed after Wishes! It's just a great feeling to veer away from the masses at the exit and head down that walkway. Two days we had early plans and the monorail wasn't working. We took a bus to Epcot instead and it was easy. Both the bus home from AK and DHS seemed to take a bit longer than expected. The bus home from AK was terribly crowded, lots of people going to dinner reservations and the bus was shared with Wilderness Lodge. Overall thumbs up though compared to other Disney resorts!

Great stay overall! Next time we go back we are staying at the Poly again but I would definitely consider coming back to the Contemporary, especially if I got a good rate in the main building, but would easily stay garden wing again as well.

For our resort day, I'd like to plan a surprise scavenger hunt for my family. Participating will be my DW, DS9 and DS3. We're staying at Poly so I'd like to keep it within Poly, GF, CR and WL (we'll take the boat over). I would love suggestions with an estimated difficulty rating included so I know who to assign them to (easy for DS3, medium for DS9, and difficult for my wife).

Ideas would be like
At Contemporary:
"Entrance to Chef Mickey" for my DS3 and
"Sign with 'California Grill' on it" for DS9. Etc.

Any more suggestions for CR or BLT would be most welcomed.

Also, my DW and DS9 love looking for hidden Mickeys so those are welcome also.

Thanks!
Right off the top of my head, a difficult one would be finding the 5-legged goat in the Grand Canyon Concourse mural.

We are in garden wing standard view. Requested high floor and early check in. Had room ready txt when we landed at 11:30a. 535X. Can see the top of the castle, seven seas lagoon, gf

Walk to MK is exactly 15 minutes from door close to tap style. It is very quiet which is nice. Haven't used the pool but it looks more than I expected. Have had really good luck with the monorails for the 3 days we've been here so far. Been early to everything due to planning for delays

We like it. Probably don't love it yet but it is staying on our list of resorts to consider for future visits

Right off the top of my head, a difficult one would be finding the 5-legged goat in the Grand Canyon Concourse mural.

This suggestion is great, and must be difficult to find as I'm hearing it from a lot of people! Thanks for helping out. Any other suggestions for the visual scavenger hunt?

Hello all!:wave2: We are currently booked for the CR Bay Lake View this June 2-5!! We cant wait!!! Is anyone else worried about the monorail closures? Could someone tell me more about it? Id hate to be there and not be able to take the monorail its one of our favorite parts and we have a first timer joining us!

We pulled the trigger and will be back at CR 1bedroom bay lake view CL 9/3-9/10. We also added on free dining which will mean it's time to start training to eat! ;)
Beyond excited to be back after our June 2015 stay in what may be the same room!
Looking forward to following the thread.

Laundry Question - Is there now a laundry room in The Tower? Everything I've read says there's only one in the Garden Wing. I was checking out the Laundry View website and saw one listed for The Tower. Is this correct? I am sooooo looking forward to our first stay at CR but dreading doing laundry on vacation which seems to be a necessary evil (for us at least) once you have kids. It would be awesome if a laundry room was in The Tower. Thanks!

Laundry Question - Is there now a laundry room in The Tower? Everything I've read says there's only one in the Garden Wing. I was checking out the Laundry View website and saw one listed for The Tower. Is this correct? I am sooooo looking forward to our first stay at CR but dreading doing laundry on vacation which seems to be a necessary evil (for us at least) once you have kids. It would be awesome if a laundry room was in The Tower. Thanks!

Ugh! Nevermind! I'm still not fully awake. I misread it. It's for Bay Lake Tower. Oh well.

Just got back from our quick weekend stay at the Contemporary. It was everything I imagined it would be and more! My husband now swears he will not stay anywhere else. I'm guessing I have now spoiled all of us too much! ;)

We were booked in a TPV room and did online check in around 60 days out. We requested an odd number room, high floor. We arrived around 9:30 am on check in day. (We stayed off site after dinner with family the night before.) Our room wasn't ready yet, no big shock there and we were all set up for the text notification. We stowed our luggage with bell services and headed off to MK. We got a text around noon that our room was ready. We were in 4735 on the 11th floor. The view was great and we loved it! We watched Wishes from our room every night, one night from bed!

Mousekeeping was great! They kept us well stocked on ammentinties (water, shampoo, lotion, etc.) and the room was always neat and tidy. The Contempo Cafe was great and we ate lunch there a few times during our short stay. Front desk and conceirge staff were helpful and courteous. Elevators were smooth and easy to take. The one day we used buses they arrived a minute after we did and we had a private bus to DHS.

All in all, the stay was everything we hoped it would be. Can't wait to stay at the CR again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter