Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I haven't stayed there yet, but as I recall the pool area is on the other side of the tower from MK?
That's correct. The pool/marina/beach area is behind CR. The front of CR faces Seven Seas Lagoon and the MK is off-center to the north.

This may sound like a silly question, but has anyone requested and received a room DOWNgrade upon check in? Do you think this could be an option?

I apologize in advance if this gets a little long, but here's why I'm asking...

We've been planning our upcoming trip (less than 2 weeks!!!) since we got back from our 2012 trip. Unfortunately, staying in the Tower isn't an option for our budget, but my DS6 is absolutely in love with the monorail. I so, so wish that we could crunch some numbers to stay in the Tower, but we just can't. So, since the Tower is not an option for us, I've been trying to book a Garden Wing Standard View room since my 399 day mark with zero luck. Finally, I just gave in and accepted we would get a Garden View. Silly, I know, that I would be disappointed to get the better view, but I was really hoping that with the Standard View room we could somehow work a room request so that we could at least see the monorail out of our window over a parking lot.

Do you think there is any chance that if I ask a CM upon check in if we can downgrade to a Standard View room that it would be possible?
I'm not sure why they have been booked solid for that entire week for such a long time (conference? wedding?) so a room may not even be available, but I'm still trying to swing some way to see the monorail from our room...

Any thoughts or advice? Thanks in advance.

WDWKOOK...... I need another ride on the log-o-rail!!!
Booked for BLT studio lake view for 5/2/2015 thru 5\9\2015.
Wooo Wooo!!!!
Thanks again for all you do for the community!!!

My Tinkerbell is working, but my counter seems to be borked. Hmmm. Oh well. 28 days!!! 28 days!!! 28 day!!

For security reasons, room numbers are never released prior to check-in and then they are only released when they are actually ready for occupancy.

You can always ask at check-in for a general description of your room's location, even if it isn't ready yet. If it sounds like it doesn't match the requests you have in your reservation, you can always ask if a room closer to your request is available. Sometimes it will be available and sometimes it might be available after one night and they will offer to move you the next day.

If you ask to be upgraded, be prepared to pay usually the rack rate difference, though sometimes the discounted difference, between what you booked and the upgraded room.

that makes complete sense...thank you so much for answering! We are so excited!

We will be there in only 4 days!! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool1::cool1:

This may sound like a silly question, but has anyone requested and received a room DOWNgrade upon check in? Do you think this could be an option?

I apologize in advance if this gets a little long, but here's why I'm asking...

We've been planning our upcoming trip (less than 2 weeks!!!) since we got back from our 2012 trip. Unfortunately, staying in the Tower isn't an option for our budget, but my DS6 is absolutely in love with the monorail. I so, so wish that we could crunch some numbers to stay in the Tower, but we just can't. So, since the Tower is not an option for us, I've been trying to book a Garden Wing Standard View room since my 399 day mark with zero luck. Finally, I just gave in and accepted we would get a Garden View. Silly, I know, that I would be disappointed to get the better view, but I was really hoping that with the Standard View room we could somehow work a room request so that we could at least see the monorail out of our window over a parking lot.

Do you think there is any chance that if I ask a CM upon check in if we can downgrade to a Standard View room that it would be possible?
I'm not sure why they have been booked solid for that entire week for such a long time (conference? wedding?) so a room may not even be available, but I'm still trying to swing some way to see the monorail from our room...

Any thoughts or advice? Thanks in advance.

I can't help with the room question, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip and enjoy the CR :wizard:.

We are 3 days away form check in!!!! So so excited. I booked club level as a surprise to the kids. They are gonna be so excited.

Have a great trip :dance3:.

Booked for BLT studio lake view for 5/2/2015 thru 5\9\2015.
Wooo Wooo!!!!
Thanks again for all you do for the community!!!

Congrats on booking for next year :yay:.

I second the thanks to KOOK for everything she does here :goodvibes.

28 days!!! 28 days!!! 28 days!!!

:dance3:

Does anyone know if there are cool mist humidifiers available? Thank you

Ironic that you ask that question as we always request one, but never managed to get one (got an air purifier though). We were there last week and ended buying one at Walgreens for $23 before we arrived so I never followed through on the request. We did leave it behind, so maybe housekeeping hung on to it. You should definitely ask; hopefully it's still there are they have others. The one time we requested a humidifier from another hotel, it came with the evaporative wick all dried up and cruddy... had to buy one anyway.

Booked atrium club level for early next December! So excited!!! We wanted to go from Christmas to New Year's Day, thought it would be quite magical, but decided against it because of the crowd levels. Is it worth fighting the crowds to be there for the holidays? We have a 4yo, 5yo & 2yo. I'm so torn!

Just got back last night from a wonderful week stay at BLT (and a quick side trip afterwards). It was our first there, after four previous stays in the CR Tower. Honestly, I can't see us staying anywhere else from now on! We were in a Lake View Studio. The rooms were noticeably smaller than we were accustomed to in the CR, but since there are only two of us it wasn't too bad. Although, we're already saving for a 1BR next time.

I did learn one lesson on this trip. I did the online check in prior to our arrival, and because we stayed at the Orlando Drury Inn on our arrival night since we didn't get into town until that evening, I indicated that I'd be checking in early (I think I put 9:00 am) the next morning. We arrived around 9:30, finalized our check in, and were told that I'd get a text message when our room was ready. We then headed off to the MK. I can't be 100% certain, but I think they do whatever they can to get you a room in your category ASAP if you check in that early. I had requested inside the C, higher floor. I got a text at 11:00 am that our room was ready. It was 4th floor, facing the CR marina. So exactly the opposite of what we had requested. We were understandably disappointed, but thankfully a quick phone call to them rectified the situation. We were told they could give us something closer to what we were looking for, but the room wouldn't be ready until 3:00 or 4:00. (This is why I think checking in so early is the reason for disregarding our room requests.) We said that would be fine, because we'd be in the parks until after lunch, and then we'd be heading out to do a little grocery shopping. We got a text shortly after 3:00 that our room was ready - we would be in 8409, 14th floor inside the C. EXACTLY what we had asked for! The room was great, the view was perfect. We honestly couldn't have asked for a better first (and certainly not last) stay at BLT.

I'll post pictures later -- we're still unpacking and getting reorganized. Until then, let me know if anybody has any questions!

Booked atrium club level for early next December! So excited!!! We wanted to go from Christmas to New Year's Day, thought it would be quite magical, but decided against it because of the crowd levels. Is it worth fighting the crowds to be there for the holidays? We have a 4yo, 5yo & 2yo. I'm so torn!

I personally would say it is not worth it. However, I think you are going at a great time the first week of December. The parks will be all decorated, the resort decorations will be up, the Candlelight Processional will be in Epcot and the Magic Kingdom will have the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party as well. You will have a very magical time, we sure did last year the first week of December. :goodvibes

We've been back for a few days for the start of school and just a few notes about the CR - CL stay. We were lucky to be able to stay on the AC-Cl floor with a TPV view...never thought that TPV was worth the up charge but it was definitely a treat. Our room was 4841 which was close to the lounge, but offered a beautiful view of Seven Seas lagoon and the MK, Space mountain looked like it was just outside our window.

Check in was an adventure, the CM from the entrance took us up to the Atrium level check in where we were introduced to Kathy at the CL desk. It was only supposed to be a quick stop to pick up our bands but DS' band wouldn't work and his account was merged with DW. This messed up the reservation completely as FP+, Park entry's for DS and DW were merged. So after dealing with that for about 30 min, they told us our room was ready, even though our bands wouldn't open the door. Eventually they did and they said we can go to the parks. Long story short, It took the CL team of Kathy and Kelrick 2 days to create a new account for DS and try to match all the FP+ to the rest of the families. Even though the CL team couldn't do much else to fix the problem (nor could Disney IT) we were compensated by given 3 priority FP+ to use as well as a couple of extra FP+ thrown in when we needed them.

The CL staff were amazing, lounge items were always restocked frequently and any requests handled efficiently. Small water bottles to take to the park were available on request at any time and the CL text service to make FP+ adjustments, ADR adjustments, etc. was a Godsend. You were practically connected with the CL staff (at GF via text service) at all times during regular CL hours. That was pretty helpful and worked very well even to the last minute request of a late checkout. The convenience at CR was amazing...monorail was running properly and we didn't experience any delays or interruptions during our stay. The advantage of being able to walk to CR, was not really taken advantage of because of the heat; even leaving the park at EMH closing at 2AM, the bus to the door was preferred over walking the 10 minutes or so.

Rooms / Housekeeping / Turndown were good; God-awful sinks and poor quality linens and Towels are the only complaint. Didn't order room service. Valet parking was fine; easier to get around with Valet parking options at all resorts and rental car. I had 2 parcels delivered to the resort which were received by the business centre at a charge or $3 / package as outlined in the information at the beginning of this thread; had to go there as well to print stuff ($1/page.) Had a rental car so didn't rely on Disney buses at all, even to Downtown Disney which we were lucky to find parking on the 2 occasions that we went there. Laundry facilities (2nd floor GW) were fine (middle 2 dryers were available free as the credit card scanners weren't working.)

DD and I did the Sea Raycer rentals out onto Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon which was hot and fun. Didn't use the pool. (crazy, I know!) Dining at Ohana, Cape May (yes there were crab legs!) Chef Mickey (real let down in terms of cost / food quality) Teppan Edo, 50's Cafe, BOG Lunch with FP+ and Tony's. Typical, nothing exceptional - OOP, no free dining. In contrast, we had a night at Universal PBH midweek; hotel and food there definitely a notch above Disney standards but that is another story.

Thanks for putting up with my report, I might be able to answer some question, but probably not as well as others on the thread.

We've been back for a few days for the start of school and just a few notes about the CR - CL stay. We were lucky to be able to stay on the AC-Cl floor with a TPV view...never thought that TPV was worth the up charge but it was definitely a treat. Our room was 4841 which was close to the lounge, but offered a beautiful view of Seven Seas lagoon and the MK, Space mountain looked like it was just outside our window. Check in was an adventure, the CM from the entrance took us up to the Atrium level check in where we were introduced to Kathy at the CL desk. It was only supposed to be a quick stop to pick up our bands but DS' band wouldn't work and his account was merged with DW. This messed up the reservation completely as FP+, Park entry's for DS and DW were merged. So after dealing with that for about 30 min, they told us our room was ready, even though our bands wouldn't open the door. Eventually they did and they said we can go to the parks. Long story short, It took the CL team of Kathy and Kelrick 2 days to create a new account for DS and try to match all the FP+ to the rest of the families. Even though the CL team couldn't do much else to fix the problem (nor could Disney IT) we were compensated by given 3 priority FP+ to use as well as a couple of extra FP+ thrown in when we needed them. The CL staff were amazing, lounge items were always restocked frequently and any requests handled efficiently. Small water bottles to take to the park were available on request at any time and the CL text service to make FP+ adjustments, ADR adjustments, etc. was a Godsend. You were practically connected with the CL staff (at GF via text service) at all times during regular CL hours. That was pretty helpful and worked very well even to the last minute request of a late checkout. The convenience at CR was amazing...monorail was running properly and we didn't experience any delays or interruptions during our stay. The advantage of being able to walk to CR, was not really taken advantage of because of the heat; even leaving the park at EMH closing at 2AM, the bus to the door was preferred over walking the 10 minutes or so. Rooms / Housekeeping / Turndown were good; God-awful sinks and poor quality linens and Towels are the only complaint. Didn't order room service. Valet parking was fine; easier to get around with Valet parking options at all resorts and rental car. I had 2 parcels delivered to the resort which were received by the business centre at a charge or $3 / package as outlined in the information at the beginning of this thread; had to go there as well to print stuff ($1/page.) Had a rental car so didn't rely on Disney buses at all, even to Downtown Disney which we were lucky to find parking on the 2 occasions that we went there. Laundry facilities (2nd floor GW) were fine (middle 2 dryers were available free as the credit card scanners weren't working.) DD and I did the Sea Raycer rentals out onto Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon which was hot and fun. Didn't use the pool. (crazy, I know!) Dining at Ohana, Cape May (yes there were crab legs!) Chef Mickey (real let down in terms of cost / food quality) Teppan Edo, 50's Cafe, BOG Lunch with FP+ and Tony's. Typical, nothing exceptional - OOP, no free dining. In contrast, we had a night at Universal PBH midweek; hotel and food there definitely a notch above Disney standards but that is another story. Thanks for putting up with my report, I might be able to answer some question, but probably not as well as others on the thread.

Thanks for your review! We're staying at CR Atrium CL in December. I hope they continue the texting service when we're there

I believe I read this somewhere (probably on this thread!) but of course now I can't find it...there is a boat that goes between CR and WL, correct? Can anyone tell me where the dock is, and about how long the trip is? Thank you!

Hello All,

I have a bit of an odd question I hope someone can answer. We are going to WDW October 24-28 2014. During the late fall sale I booked both CR and GF with the room only discount. We are going to stay at the GF and I need to cancel the CR reservation. Before I do that, I'd love to post it for transfer in the event someone else would like to take advantage of the savings. Is there somewhere on DIS where I can do this?

Thanks!

I believe I read this somewhere (probably on this thread!) but of course now I can't find it...there is a boat that goes between CR and WL, correct? Can anyone tell me where the dock is, and about how long the trip is? Thank you!

The dock is just past the main pool on the East side of the resort. Head toward the water and you can't miss it. The trip to WL only takes about five minutes if the boat is going that direction, or about 10 if it goes to FW first. Usually there are two boats on the lake doing this loop and they run in opposite directions. Either way you will get to WL, and the trip is nice and pleasant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter