Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Just wanted to make a note for anyone staying at BLT this summer...

We had 'direct MK view' as one of our requests because we knew the 2 bedroom MK villas ending in 30 were around the corner a little and you had to stand in the corner of the balcony to see the MK. I was a little bummed when we arrived and got a room ending in 30, but hey, we're in Disney in a beautiful villa so no biggie. Well, last night we were getting ready to watch Wishes from our balcony and around 9:45 I heard booming and thought it was storming since it wasn't time for Wishes yet. We went out on the balcony and we could see the Frozen fireworks from DHS to our left and then 15 minutes later we turned to the right and watched Wishes!! So awesome!! Tonight after Wishes my mom said she's officially spoiled and is never staying anywhere else again :) ha!

We had 'direct MK view' as one of our requests because we knew the 2 bedroom MK villas ending in 30 were around the corner a little and you had to stand in the corner of the balcony to see the MK. I was a little bummed when we arrived and got a room ending in 30, but hey, we're in Disney in a beautiful villa so no biggie. Well, last night we were getting ready to watch Wishes from our balcony and around 9:45 I heard booming and thought it was storming since it wasn't time for Wishes yet. We went out on the balcony and we could see the Frozen fireworks from DHS to our left and then 15 minutes later we turned to the right and watched Wishes!! So awesome!! Tonight after Wishes my mom said she's officially spoiled and is never staying anywhere else again :) ha!

You have to love those completely unpredictable moments like that.:tinker:

Tonight after Wishes my mom said she's officially spoiled and is never staying anywhere else again :) ha!

princess: That's great!

You have to love those completely unpredictable moments like that.:tinker:
Yes ::yes::

mickeynut1 - you know I will be sharing many pics:joker: I stayed in a Bay Lake view room 20 years ago :-)scared:) but have no photos of it. It will be nice to add some Bay Lake views to my photo arsenal :rotfl:

Wish I were enjoying my morning coffee on the balcony right now :p
637_zps51b1f15a.jpg

That's awesome! I wonder if that applies to the high floors of whole southern lake view as well? I have to think this Frozen thing is going to be semi-permanent.

Joining in :goodvibes We will be staying BLT LV 11/29-12/7. This is our first stay here. We are so excited. We are renting points and will be putting in a room request hoping for a little MK view. I can't wait to keep reading and learning more about this resort

Joining in :goodvibes We will be staying BLT LV 11/29-12/7. This is our first stay here. We are so excited. We are renting points and will be putting in a room request hoping for a little MK view. I can't wait to keep reading and learning more about this resort

not sure a room request will be helpful, if you are renting points, the person you rented from would need to book theme park or lake view or standard - i think those are the views. And it depends on how many points you rented from the person Not saying upgrades have never happened, but thats a pretty busy timeframe

That is awesome :wizard:.

mickeynut1 - you know I will be sharing many pics:joker: I stayed in a Bay Lake view room 20 years ago :-)scared:) but have no photos of it. It will be nice to add some Bay Lake views to my photo arsenal :rotfl:

Wish I were enjoying my morning coffee on the balcony right now :p
637_zps51b1f15a.jpg

Good....I can't wait to see all of them :goodvibes.

That balcony pic is great.....like you said, makes you want to be there now :cloud9:. And you WILL be there very soon :dance3:.

It's always exciting to stay somewhere new. Hope you have a great trip :).

ClarabelleCow said:
not sure a room request will be helpful, if you are renting points, the person you rented from would need to book theme park or lake view or standard - i think those are the views. And it depends on how many points you rented from the person Not saying upgrades have never happened, but thats a pretty busy timeframe

Actually there are some BLT rooms that are technically considered a Bay Lake View, but actually have pretty nice MK views. We've rented points twice, did our room request and have gotten a pretty nice MK view both times.

Actually there are some BLT rooms that are technically considered a Bay Lake View, but actually have pretty nice MK views. We've rented points twice, did our room request and have gotten a pretty nice MK view both times.

What have you requested that got you good MK views with a lake view room? Can you be specific? Thanks :)

One more experience I wanted to make a note of before I forgot... We were at the feature CR pool yesterday and I was getting a bottle of water at the Sand Bar. I was behind a nice couple who were asking if there were any food options available for the wife who had a peanut allergy. The gentleman working said they cannot deal with food allergies there and that she'd need to go to the Contempo Cafe and speak to a chef.

Hi all! My family will be staying in a GV room 11/16-11/22. I am wondering what room requests I should make to get a nice view? Anyone have a particular view or location they prefer in the Garden Wing?

TIA!

shellypaige said:
What have you requested that got you good MK views with a lake view room? Can you be specific? Thanks :)

Ask for a room on the outer part of the "c" on the north end as high as possible. There's a thread somewhere (could b linked on the first post of this thread) that shows actual room numbers and views of Bay Lake. ...that's how I found it originally.

Ask for a room on the outer part of the "c" on the north end as high as possible. There's a thread somewhere (could b linked on the first post of this thread) that shows actual room numbers and views of Bay Lake. ...that's how I found it originally.

Thanks!

EGW113 said:
Hi all! My family will be staying in a GV room 11/16-11/22. I am wondering what room requests I should make to get a nice view? Anyone have a particular view or location they prefer in the Garden Wing?

TIA!

I would request, 1St floor lake front.

Those rooms have patios about 4 feet away from Bay Lake. Best "Garden View" rooms in all of Disney World!

One more experience I wanted to make a note of before I forgot... We were at the feature CR pool yesterday and I was getting a bottle of water at the Sand Bar. I was behind a nice couple who were asking if there were any food options available for the wife who had a peanut allergy. The gentleman working said they cannot deal with food allergies there and that she'd need to go to the Contempo Cafe and speak to a chef.

THANK YOU for posting that! I will make a mental note, it saves us a lot of time to know where my son is likely and unlikely to find food. (no wheat, soy, egg, dairy, peanut, some treenuts, sesame, buckwheat or shellfish, plus some aged foods bother him)

I just saw the most adorable thing!!! Outside Sammy Duvall waiting for a jet ski tour, and just watching the pool area. I noticed 3 lifeguards wearing Mickey hands, towel capes and sorcerer hats start spinning around, waving their arms and then touching the ground. When they came up, the water jets turned on. They did the same routine for the large center spout. And then for the slide, they went over and pulled an imaginary rope until the water turned on and came all the way down to the bottom.

Very fun to watch and it's great to see these hidden little traditions here.

I just saw the most adorable thing!!! Outside Sammy Duvall waiting for a jet ski tour, and just watching the pool area. I noticed 3 lifeguards wearing Mickey hands, towel capes and sorcerer hats start spinning around, waving their arms and then touching the ground. When they came up, the water jets turned on. They did the same routine for the large center spout. And then for the slide, they went over and pulled an imaginary rope until the water turned on and came all the way down to the bottom.

Very fun to watch and it's great to see these hidden little traditions here.

:wizard::wizard: Hilarious! How festive. Thank you for sharing that... I just read your post to my daughter and we are laughing and so excited about our upcoming trip :banana:

Have fun!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Hi again Ariel! Here is the link to help you. To get a MK view with a lake view booked room you want a room on the north tower. Any room ending in 02-14 will do.

I have had a room ending in 42 - awesome view of Seven Seas lagoon, Bay Lake and Cr .

05 - was view of lake and pool(inside C)

04 was view of Space Mtn and Castle. We could watch wishes from balcony great but not from inside the room like the true MKV rooms can.

We loved the resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter