Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I just got upgraded to the Contemporary from Caribbean Beach to a “Main tower - theme park view”. Which building would that be? I know nothing about the contemporary other than the restaurants and that the monorails run thru it. I am really excited- just trying to figure out if I need to ask for anything
That’s the main building that the monorail goes through, on the side facing the MK! Nice upgrade! I would request high floor, other than that you know you’ll have a balcony and great view. That’s the beauty of the views from the CR main tower, no bad ones! You can see HEA from your balcony every night with music from the TV.

That’s the main building that the monorail goes through, on the side facing the MK! Nice upgrade! I would request high floor, other than that you know you’ll have a balcony and great view. That’s the beauty of the views from the CR main tower, no bad ones! You can see HEA from your balcony every night with music from the TV.
Oh that is awesome!! They originally told me lake view but when I checked MDE it said theme park view

Oh that is awesome!! They originally told me lake view but when I checked MDE it said theme park view
Well, you can also see the Seven Seas Lagoon, but typically I would have assumed lake view would be the other side, facing Bay Lake (also a great view BTW). But if your MDE says TPV that’s the side facing the MK!

Are small pool towels provided?
Would like to swim on departure day but don't want to have my giant beach towel taking up room in my carry on on the way home.
There is a huge cart of towels and this past week they actually set all the chairs up with a towel at the foot of the chair when they opened in the am. In addition CR pool has lockers for guests to use near the bathrooms and there is a single shower in the women’s room there with shampoo and stuff if you need to shower before your flight.

60848C97-E297-4C4D-BF83-6D52442EE1B9.jpeg
Is anyone there now? Anyone have a picture of their Easter schedule?
This was the schedule for this year. Obviously won’t help anyone who needed it this year but for future reference gives guests an idea of what to expect. We were at BLT and this sign was posted in Community Hall on Friday and then a big sign was posted on the lobby as well on Saturday. I’d guess a similar one was in CR lobby but never made it to their lobby until Tues. We attended the AM events but not the ones at the pool. It was cute and my son had a lot of fun. The characters were Mrs Easter Bunny and Chip and Dale in tuxedos. Also for kids that showed up late and missed the Easter egg hunt they had bags full of eggs with candy ready to pass out to them.

I just got upgraded to the Contemporary from Caribbean Beach to a “Main tower - theme park view”. Which building would that be? I know nothing about the contemporary other than the restaurants and that the monorails run thru it. I am really excited- just trying to figure out if I need to ask for anything
The exact same thing just happened to us! I'm so excited!

The exact same thing just happened to us! I'm so excited!

I just got upgraded to the Contemporary from Caribbean Beach to a “Main tower - theme park view”.

How did it happen? Is CBR so full that they just put you somewhere else? I hope that doesn't happen to me. I book CBR because I want to be there. Do they give you an option of staying at CBR, or is the upgrade something you have to accept?

Last edited:
Contemporary Resort scheduled for room renovations, I hope the flat sinks in the bathrooms bite the dust!!!

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/downloads/20190212461.pdf?parent=DOC2609S7126
My husband is a plumber. I showed him the Contemp sinks once and asked him why would sinks be designed so flat? He said rich people want it that way even though they are extremely expensive, ugly, inefficient and difficult to clean. He's put such sinks before.

I'm sad to think that they are going out. It's fun to complain about sinks!

I must be weird because these sinks don't bother me. In fact, our home has sinks like this in our boy's bathroom, and they aren't a problem there either.

How extensive of a renovation are we looking at here? Timeline? That document just says "General construction." That could mean anything.
What is the purpose of a flat sink? Does it look better? Match the rest of the bathroom? Reduce splashing? Make the sink easier to clean or quicker to drain? Flat bottomed such that you can wash a baby in it? It may not bother you, but what is the purpose of choosing them, given that they are more expensive than traditional sinks that are otherwise similar?

Thanks for sharing!!! Yayyyy!!!

Although I am pretty salty that the one year they didn’t have this available was last year when we spent a week there and were looking forward to it!

We do have a quick trip at the Polynesian this year so the kids will be happy at least to visit and see it back. I made them go try the Grand Floridian arcade last year and they were unimpressed!! Just too bad it couldn’t have been while we had a week there!!
My kids were insulted when they took a first look at the GF "arcade."

No, just twice. Once when you enter the monorail line at the Contemporary and a second time after exiting the monorail at Epcot. You are already inside bag check at the TTC when you change monorails. It's still painful, but better than 3 times!
I think that's unforgivable for Disney to force 2 bag checks.

That's awesome! It really sucked when I took my boys to play games and found ourselves facing a daycare. Why would they need that much 4th floor premium space for a daycare? But ever since Disney Quest went out, my boys (I wanted girls, got 4 boys) have nothing to do in Disney World.

Haha, I totally agree with everything you wrote!! My boys love arcades, including my DH, and always loved the CR one. I wanted girls and saved all of the book series I read as a child/teen to give my girls when I had them. I had 2 boys, had a surprise pregnancy and had twin boys!

I think that's unforgivable for Disney to force 2 bag checks.

Annoying for sure!

What is the purpose of a flat sink? Does it look better? Match the rest of the bathroom? Reduce splashing? Make the sink easier to clean or quicker to drain? Flat bottomed such that you can wash a baby in it? It may not bother you, but what is the purpose of choosing them, given that they are more expensive than traditional sinks that are otherwise similar?

Well, I didn't choose them, the builder did when the house was built in 2015. Its a style choice, but yes, it does reduce splashing, now that you say that. The sink area itself is larger. They also extend further out towards the edge of the counter so you aren't left with a ledge that constantly has water on it. So, you can wash your face, for example, and all the water stays in the sink instead of splashing all over the counter. Our master bath has traditional bowl shaped sinks and I am constantly cleaning up water from the counters. Plus, they are not porcelain, but rather the same material as the counter, which is a composite, so it's very durable and easy to clean.

How did it happen? Is CBR so full that they just put you somewhere else? I hope that doesn't happen to me. I book CBR because I want to be there. Do they give you an option of staying at CBR, or is the upgrade something you have to accept?
They told me that there was a 'Varsity Buyout' of CBR. I'm guessing cheerleader group?

Can anyone give me any information on the showers in the Bay Lake Tower studio rooms? From my research, I see that the showers are attached to the wall and do not have a detachable head but I don’t know if this is current info or not. Thanks in advancez

I could have stayed if I wanted she said.

TPV at the Contemporary will totally spoil you! We only had two nights there last Dec as part of a 3 resort split stay. Nothing like watching HEA from your balcony while in your jammies!

CBR is lovely but the convenience of the Co temporary is pretty awesome!

I could have stayed if I wanted she said.
I just told dh of your good fortune. We arrive at CBR on May 17 and he said he hopes we get uograded. I told him not to get his hopes up!

Hi! Starting to get excited about our first BLT stay in 70 days! I've heard that people have run into Captain Hook in the BLT community hall when he stops by on his way to a pirate cruise. Has anyone seen him recently? If so, what time did you see him? Thanks :-) My 2 1/2 year old loves Captain Hook. She has a hand me down Peter Pan playset that came handed down with a bunch of Captain Hook figurines, and she thinks he's great. I haven't explained that he's a bad guy. Don't want to rock her world just yet. Ha.

We saw him and Smee there in Nov. We happened to be getting off the elevator in the south bank (ones closer to CR) when he, Smee, and their handler came in the door there from the path to CR. We followed them into Community Hall and visited and got pics with them. I want to say it was close to 8 (maybe 7:45 ish) when we ran into them? Not sure how long they stayed as they were still there when we left and headed up to Top of The World Lounge for appetizers and drinks. We then later ran into Peter Pan around fireworks time (9:45 ish) when we were returning to Top of the world lounge to see the fireworks. This was a Christmas party night when the fireworks start around 10 pm. Since Happily Ever After is earlier (9:15 this past week) I’d assume you’d catch the characters earlier than we did if they show at all. My understanding is that if they are ready to meet guests earlier than they need to appear at The Pirates and Pals party they will swing by BLT community hall as a surprise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter