Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Does Magical Express make a stop at BLT & Contemporary or just the Contemporary?

We stopped at Wilderness Lodge, BLT, Contemporary Tower then Polynesian when I arrived on August 16th. They seemed to group based on who was there. It was 1:30pm on a Thursday and not very busy at DME. Bus was less than half full and made four stops. Upon departure it seemed to be Wilderness Lodge, BLT, then Contemporary Tower. No Poly afterward. I was staying in the Tower, so I was the last pickup and the bus was pretty packed. Some families had to separate when they got on.

I think it only stops at the Contemporary.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. We drive so usually don't have to worry about it, but we have family taking ME this time so wasn't sure if it would stop at both places. I guess I can always ask once I get there if we beat them. Thanks!

We stopped at Wilderness Lodge, BLT, Contemporary Tower then Polynesian when I arrived on August 16th. They seemed to group based on who was there. It was 1:30pm on a Thursday and not very busy at DME. Bus was less than half full and made four stops. Upon departure it seemed to be Wilderness Lodge, BLT, then Contemporary Tower. No Poly afterward. I was staying in the Tower, so I was the last pickup and the bus was pretty packed. Some families had to separate when they got on.

I knew it would stop at other hotels just trying to figure out if it will unload at Contemporary and then move to BLT to unload those guests. Just like to meet those arriving after us if I can so wasn't sure if the bus would stop at BLT. Thanks!

I knew it would stop at other hotels just trying to figure out if it will unload at Contemporary and then move to BLT to unload those guests. Just like to meet those arriving after us if I can so wasn't sure if the bus would stop at BLT. Thanks!

They definitely did BLT before the main Contemporary drop off and pick up. I don't know if other drivers might skip BLT, but our driver asked people where they were going as they got on the bus. Some said BLT and some said Contemporary. So maybe make sure your party says BLT to make sure? Just in case.

They definitely did BLT before the main Contemporary drop off and pick up. I don't know if other drivers might skip BLT, but our driver asked people where they were going as they got on the bus. Some said BLT and some said Contemporary. So maybe make sure your party says BLT to make sure? Just in case.

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

So just a quick post for anyone wondering if TP room requests work. We went to the front desk to check in and the CM say she had my room request and would it be ok if she gave us the room next door. I said sure! I couldn’t believe it. This is why I always stop by the desk.

We do have to wait a bit for it to be ready, but it’s worth it to us.

Looking into a garden standard room for me, dd age 7 and my parents. How is the spaciousness vs. A moderate standard room? What cooling system is used? My dad snores and I am hoping a little.more space in the room and a constant cooling fan will.help the situation :)

This isn’t my first choice for which resort I would like to stay in, but I’ve been thinking, we will have a toddler with us, he’ll need one nap during the day and will be spending three days at Magic Kingdom and I think their location alone might be worth it. I just heard that there’s not a lot of kid friendly activities there, what are your thoughts?

This isn’t my first choice for which resort I would like to stay in, but I’ve been thinking, we will have a toddler with us, he’ll need one nap during the day and will be spending three days at Magic Kingdom and I think their location alone might be worth it. I just heard that there’s not a lot of kid friendly activities there, what are your thoughts?

I think contemporary is hands down the most convenient resort for those with small children. I have twins that just turned six. We LOVE staying at the contemporary, especially for short trips. It's our go-to resort for anything four nights or under. The walk to MK is so valuable, you save a ton of time. There is plenty kid friendly, too.

So just a quick post for anyone wondering if TP room requests work. We went to the front desk to check in and the CM say she had my room request and would it be ok if she gave us the room next door. I said sure! I couldn’t believe it. This is why I always stop by the desk.

We do have to wait a bit for it to be ready, but it’s worth it to us.

Was the CM Ana? She checked us in when we stayed two weeks ago, and mentioned the fax. She said she couldn't put us in where we requested, they'd picked out another room, here's where it is, would that be ok? (and it WAS!!) She was wonderful and very helpful about getting us into the room with enough time to get ready for MNSSHP that night.

And when we took the ME, it stopped at both CR and BLT for drop off. At pick up, it started with BLT, CR (but no one to pick up there), Wilderness, Poly, and finally GF before heading to the airport.

Was the CM Ana? She checked us in when we stayed two weeks ago, and mentioned the fax. She said she couldn't put us in where we requested, they'd picked out another room, here's where it is, would that be ok? (and it WAS!!) She was wonderful and very helpful about getting us into the room with enough time to get ready for MNSSHP that night.

And when we took the ME, it stopped at both CR and BLT for drop off. At pick up, it started with BLT, CR (but no one to pick up there), Wilderness, Poly, and finally GF before heading to the airport.

Her name was Nikki. I actually have an update on my post and room situation. At 4pm the room still wasn’t ready and we were pretty beat. We went to the front desk to check on it and they asked if they could switch us to another room. We turned out getting a better room! We have a garden view now and are close to the pool. It worked out even better! It was so nice of them.

What kind of activities do you think you’ll miss by being there?

The walk is super convenient, but I also think that any of the boat ride resorts are good too. The boats are relaxing. I think you’d need to fold the stroller though, but I’m not positive. Walking is great when you are leaving after fireworks as you’ll have a wait at a boat or monorail resort as everyone else is leaving then, too.

But again, it would be good to know what kind of activities you’d like to do with your toddler.

We're down to 47 days until our trip, and we can't wait for our stay at the Contemporary! We originally reserved a Theme Park View room, and opportunely we'd love to have stayed there. But we shifted to a Garden Wing room to be able to extend our stay by a full day, at essentially the same cost.

We either start or end each day of our trip at Magic Kingdom, so proximity to the park was a big draw for us. We have a little bit of time built into each day to enjoy the resort and still *hopefully* get everything in we want to experience.

Contemporary Transportation Questions -
1) Contemporary to Disney Springs - once the bus arrives, aprox. how long does it take to get from Contemporary to Disney Springs?
2) I have PPO breakfast at EPCOT at 8:00 (park currently scheduled to open at 9:00), what transportation options do I have available? Are the buses and/or monorail running that early?

TIA!

Good evening, everyone! We're slated to stay at the CR from October 22-26! Just randomly checking things out on the website shows NO availability whatsoever for any room in the CR during that time period.

Is there a possibly a conference booked at the resort during that week, or something else blocking people from booking rooms at this time?::MickeyMo

We will be there for a conference the second week of October, and we booked our room there a year out. And even then, we couldn't book for ten days like we wanted at the time, could only book for seven and had to start on the grand expedition of making a split stay.

Haven’t seen any recent info on this - they have hair dryers in the rooms, correct? I know hotel hair dryers are usually sub-par, but I’m trying to pack light(er).

Quick amenity question - we are checking into BLT on Sunday; is body lotion one of the items left along with shampoo/conditioner/shower gel? I didn't see it pop up in the list on the first page but lotion has always been standard are hotels we've stayed at (this is our first stay at BLT).

Are the hair/shower items H20?

I'm making my packing list ;) Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter