Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Lol, I didn't "price" anything upcoming...
Just contacted my TA and said 50/50 CR abd AK 4 and 4. I don't WANT to know how much money I would save by staying somewhere else.
Omygoodness, I sound awful!
I don't mean I'm an entitled brat, I just WANT so bad to stay there again, I just bit the bullet!

That does not sound like an entitled brat at all. I do the same - I just try to forget what the other hotels cost. :rotfl:

Stayed at CR 5/6-5/9 in a garden view garden wing room . I was in room 6304. This was a very quiet location. This was my first CR stay and I hope to be back some day . In the past , I thought I wouldn’t like the decor and theming but the convenience to MK trumps that . I did an evening EMH and an EMM so the walkway was well worth it. I could see the top of the MK fireworks from my room which was a nice bonus. While I personally prefer the EPCOT area resorts , I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend staying at CR .

Stayed at CR 5/6-5/9 in a garden view garden wing room . I was in room 6304. This was a very quiet location. This was my first CR stay and I hope to be back some day . In the past , I thought I wouldn’t like the decor and theming but the convenience to MK trumps that . I did an evening EMH and an EMM so the walkway was well worth it. I could see the top of the MK fireworks from my room which was a nice bonus. While I personally prefer the EPCOT area resorts , I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend staying at CR .

That is great - I agree about the walkway - there are times we are leaving MK late and the lines for the monorail and buses were insane - and I would say - now why are we not staying at the CR. The walkway late at night is worth everything.

Great to read as we love the Epcot resorts as well. We are excited to try BLT!

Does anyone have the email/contact for the manager at Contemporary? We had a fantastic stay last week except one night when our AC was on the fritz, and the front desk manager (Eric) went above and beyond to make things right. We were all very impressed and wanted to make sure upper management was aware how awesome he is...

So jealous! We'll be at the Contemporary for the first time ever in August, and I can't wait. Have a fabulous vacation :goodvibes

I'm staying at the Contemporary for the first time ever in August as well. I'll be there the 16th-25th. 76 days to go! Hope we all have a wonderful time! I've been dreaming of staying in the tower there for so long. I can't believe it's finally happening.

Does anyone have the email/contact for the manager at Contemporary? We had a fantastic stay last week except one night when our AC was on the fritz, and the front desk manager (Eric) went above and beyond to make things right. We were all very impressed and wanted to make sure upper management was aware how awesome he is...
As simplistic as it sounds tweet his name and a brief message/location to @wdwtoday with #castmembercompliment
It's easy and they'll usually acknowledge you with picture of the CM getting kudos, and it does go in their file.

I'm staying at the Contemporary for the first time ever in August as well. I'll be there the 16th-25th. 76 days to go! Hope we all have a wonderful time! I've been dreaming of staying in the tower there for so long. I can't believe it's finally happening.

Hey, we'll overlap! We're there from the 21st to the 26th. Didn't get Tower though, we're in the Garden Wing. I definitely plan on having a fabulous time! My youngest is big-time into the Sorcerers game at Magic Kingdom and he's so excited to walk there every morning to get his "cards of the day" :thumbsup2

I've had an amazing year of Disney - celebrated my 50th there last November, did the Fairy Tale challenge with my two nieces at the end of February, and chaperoned my son's high school band trip in April. August will be my last trip for a while, so I'm going to live it up :woohoo:

Your best bet is to email Guest Services with the CMs name, date, what they did, etc. Your email will go in their file and will be read aloud with the CM present and they make a big deal out of it. It's very cool and a huge feather in their cap so to speak.

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Pretty excited, just booked a week in August. This will be our first time at the Contemporary.
Had a heck of a time getting flights added to the reservation. At first I tried to do it online, wouldn't work so I called and they took almost an hour. The system keeps changing our birthdates, middle initials etc. Now when I look online, instead of 5 8 day tickets, we have 7 of them, my lucky wife and second son each have double tickets :)
Additionally, does anyone know of an easy app to confirm when is 60 days out for fast pass scheduling? We check in Aug 14th so I'm counting June 15th I should be able to book them? Just am hoping to confirm in case Disney uses strange math or something :)

Well, that didn't last long, tickets have been correctly updated ... was fun while it lasted :)
We'll be there from the 14th - 21st of August.
Does anyone know if they still have ping pong tables by the pool? I saw this in some pics and know my kids would enjoy it.

Pretty excited, just booked a week in August. This will be our first time at the Contemporary.
Had a heck of a time getting flights added to the reservation. At first I tried to do it online, wouldn't work so I called and they took almost an hour. The system keeps changing our birthdates, middle initials etc. Now when I look online, instead of 5 8 day tickets, we have 7 of them, my lucky wife and second son each have double tickets :)
Additionally, does anyone know of an easy app to confirm when is 60 days out for fast pass scheduling? We check in Aug 14th so I'm counting June 15th I should be able to book them? Just am hoping to confirm in case Disney uses strange math or something :)

June 15th is correct. All crowd calendars show your important dates and MDE does, too.

No you are correct. Just a reminder FastPass+ time starts at 7 AM ET. You can also start online check-in the same day.

Here is a link that might be helpful if it passes the DIS validation process. http://www.themouseforless.com/walt-disney-world/planning/date-calculator/

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter