Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hi again.
Checking into blt this morning around 830. I know my room won’t be ready...but. Where do I check in? The Contemporary orbit lobby?
If your reservation is for the Tower or South Garden Wing, you check-in at the Tower. If your reservation is for Bay Lake Tower, you check-in there.

I hope you have a great visit!!

Good morning!

I am so sorry to do this, but I searched and couldn't find the info that I am sure is already here. Can some detail what the security changes are for the Walkway to the Magic Kingdom (if there are any!) We've stayed at the Contemporary dozens of times, but I last visit was in December before the changes. How have these changes affected the time needed to make it from the hotel to the tapstiles? I was able to find details about the monorail, but not this.
Thanks!
Jen

Good morning!

I am so sorry to do this, but I searched and couldn't find the info that I am sure is already here. Can some detail what the security changes are for the Walkway to the Magic Kingdom (if there are any!) We've stayed at the Contemporary dozens of times, but I last visit was in December before the changes. How have these changes affected the time needed to make it from the hotel to the tapstiles? I was able to find details about the monorail, but not this.
Thanks!
Jen

We found the security on the walkway to MK was easy and fast. For EMH there was a total of 7 people walking to MK when we did so only added a couple of minutes. A bigger crowd will add a little more time.

We found the security on the walkway to MK was easy and fast. For EMH there was a total of 7 people walking to MK when we did so only added a couple of minutes. A bigger crowd will add a little more time.
Thank you so much for this. So basically, just clarifying, there is a kiosk now along the walkway just for people walking from the Contemporary? After that you continue along the same path and go straight to the tapstiles and enter the park, no additional security?

Thank you so much for this. So basically, just clarifying, there is a kiosk now along the walkway just for people walking from the Contemporary? After that you continue along the same path and go straight to the tapstiles and enter the park, no additional security?

Really just a table to put your backpack or purse on for the security guard to look at then walk through a metal detector. (Same pathway) No additional security after that just go stand in line to scan your magic band or ticket to get into MK.

Really just a table to put your backpack or purse on for the security guard to look at then walk through a metal detector. (Same pathway) No additional security after that just go stand in line to scan your magic band or ticket to get into MK.
Perfect! Thats what I was assuming. Thank you so much.

Hi again.
Checking into blt this morning around 830. I know my room won’t be ready...but. Where do I check in? The Contemporary orbit lobby?

Did you register your phone number and check in online? Then no reason to check in unless you need luggage put in storage. Main lobby for that.

Good morning!

Thanks!
Jen

Your question has been answered, but just wanted to say I find the new security setup on the walkway great. Very quick/efficient. Have fun!

Hello!

My husband and I will be staying at CR for the first time ever, next fall. We booked a standard view in the Garden Wing and my travel agent asked for a room request and I was totally stumped.

My questions are: is there any way to avoid a parking lot view? Also, are there any rooms with even a partial view of fireworks?

Thank you!

Hello!

My husband and I will be staying at CR for the first time ever, next fall. We booked a standard view in the Garden Wing and my travel agent asked for a room request and I was totally stumped.

My questions are: is there any way to avoid a parking lot view? Also, are there any rooms with even a partial view of fireworks?

Thank you!
The standard view rooms either overlook the south parking lot or have an obstructed view. You might luck out and be assigned a garden view. You could request a 1st floor room so you would have a patio. The 2nd and 3rd floor rooms do not have balconies. None of the garden wing rooms would have a view of the fireworks. You'd need to upgrade to a tower theme park view room in order to view the fireworks from your room.

Hello!

Thank you!
A parking lot view = a monorail View :)

The standard view rooms either overlook the south parking lot or have an obstructed view. You might luck out and be assigned a garden view. You could request a 1st floor room so you would have a patio. The 2nd and 3rd floor rooms do not have balconies. None of the garden wing rooms would have a view of the fireworks. You'd need to upgrade to a tower theme park view room in order to view the fireworks from your room.

Thank you! I wanted to ask to be sure. However, if we can see the monorail from the standard view room, it may actually be better for my husband. I’ll just have to live with it. :)

A parking lot view = a monorail View :)

Okay, I didn’t know that! My husband wanted to stay at CR because the monorail runs through it. He’s an engineer and that’s just so neat to him. He’ll be so happy if he can see it in the distance. Thank you!

Thank you! There's a lot I do like about BW, but the more I thought about how we'd likely spend our time (most likely starting the day early and ending our evenings at MK), along with a couple of other factors, everything points to staying at CR. Plus, we're always a monorail ride and a short walk to the BW area if we want to explore during some down time!::MickeyMo
The bolded part is pretty much my wife and I, too. Well, maybe not the "starting the day early" since my wife likes to sleep in on vacation. But, we typically spend at least a portion of most days, quite often at night, at Magic Kingdom. This is exactly why I don't envision us staying anywhere else. The convenience of a short walk to the park at which we spend probably 50% of our time has us spoiled.

The bolded part is pretty much my wife and I, too. Well, maybe not the "starting the day early" since my wife likes to sleep in on vacation. But, we typically spend at least a portion of most days, quite often at night, at Magic Kingdom.

My DD and I will be similar. We'll be there for four days, three nights and she currently has a pretty simple food palate. Staying at the CR allows us to be closest to what I anticipate will be a core of most of her "must do's", for attractions and dining, and we'll likely be at Happily Ever After each night. And if we're ending the night at MK, I just want to trot back over to our room without having to hop on a bus. This is actually her second trip, but she went with a group so plans were always dictated by others and it was just a 2-day jaunt. This trip is all about her and what she'll want to do, and I'm hedging bets that most of that happens on the north side of the park.::MickeyMo

Thank you! I wanted to ask to be sure. However, if we can see the monorail from the standard view room, it may actually be better for my husband. I’ll just have to live with it. :)

Okay, I didn’t know that! My husband wanted to stay at CR because the monorail runs through it. He’s an engineer and that’s just so neat to him. He’ll be so happy if he can see it in the distance. Thank you!
This is the view from my standard first floor room...first photo is looking left out the window second is looking right.
738BC52B-4F7B-4368-AA0F-A5A1F4E3AB6B.jpeg 75C7F5DA-81CE-4807-9118-3453430D68D6.jpeg

I'm so excited, I had booked POR a few months ago for my trip at the end of this month. I love POR and have stayed there several times but I actually have the funds to stay at a deluxe resort for the first time and when I initially booked no deluxe resorts were available. I've been checking back now and then and this morning I lucked out and got Contemporary! It's our 5th anniversary so I'm super excited to be able to book the Contemporary, a place I've always wanted to stay but have never been able to afford!

Anyways, I know very little about the contemporary resort. When I booked the booking said Tower - Bay Lake View. Does that mean I'm in the Bay Lake Tower or the main building? I'm assuming it's the Bay Lake Tower. Also, it doesn't tell me what type of room it is, whether it's a studio or a 1 bedroom or what not. I'm hoping for a King room on an upper level but I don't even know if king rooms are available! Has anybody had recent experiences that could help me out? If it helps, the nightly rate was ~$600...

The Contemporary Bay Lake view is in the hotel's main tower - but facing away from the theme park. Bay Lake Tower is the DVC property to the north of the hotel. It is a one bedroom. Most have 2 queen sized beds and the sofa that converts into a bed. If you want a higher floor, you can request that. There is no guarantee you will get it.

It's been the only place we have stayed for the past decade. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Thanks, I called and was told that if the reservation says Tower, it's for Bay Lake Tower but I thought the main building was called tower as well, so I was very confused! I guess I'll just wait until we get our check in text to see where we are. Can't wait till 30 November for check in!!! I didn't push too hard because the woman on the phone was super nice and tried to be as helpful as she could be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter