Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hey peeps! Long time lurker on this thread, but we've finally decided to take the splurge on CL. We have a choice between Coronado CL, WL CL, and BW CL. We're foodies so that's a priority in terms of food offerings. Looked at some reviews online and saw that Coronado is on the lower end in terms of food offerings (although maybe more adventerous). We prefer to pour our own drinks and we've noticed that some club lounges do the pour for you (WL?).....booooo!

Any advice on which one we should go with? Planning on a MON-FRI stay in the winter.

Hey peeps! Long time lurker on this thread, but we've finally decided to take the splurge on CL. We have a choice between Coronado CL, WL CL, and BW CL. We're foodies so that's a priority in terms of food offerings. Looked at some reviews online and saw that Coronado is on the lower end in terms of food offerings (although maybe more adventerous). We prefer to pour our own drinks and we've noticed that some club lounges do the pour for you (WL?).....booooo!

Any advice on which one we should go with? Planning on a MON-FRI stay in the winter.
I promise, I am not trying to stir things up. I know this thread is full of CL lovers. I've done many, many stays myself and enjoy it for what it is. That said, there is nothing available at any club level that would satisfy a "foodie".

I promise, I am not trying to stir things up. I know this thread is full of CL lovers. I've done many, many stays myself and enjoy it for what it is. That said, there is nothing available at any club level that would satisfy a "foodie".
Agree, although maybe the hot appetizers that are served at AKL CL (not on their list) from the restaurants there? But maybe they dont even do that there anymore? Plus, cheese and wine selections there. If any was foodie, I’d say there. Probably from their list I’d say WL had maybe a few different hot appetizers. Although I’d pick BWI as a favorite and drink selections.
Don’t know anything about CSR, but it is a different animal, no?

LOL! Thanks, I agree that most of the offerings at CLs would not satisfy a foodie, but just looking at what food options are best. I've seen that Coronado is Spanish themed and maybe a bit more adventurous, whereas WL serves brisket, etc.

We looked at some YouTube videos and we just can't decide between the rooms/themes, the lounges themselves, and the food offerings. We will be traveling with kids, so pool and food options factor in as well. Heard that Mickey Bars are easier to get at some CLs than others.

LOL! Thanks, I agree that most of the offerings at CLs would not satisfy a foodie, but just looking at what food options are best. I've seen that Coronado is Spanish themed and maybe a bit more adventurous, whereas WL serves brisket, etc.
Not sure where you are getting info, but I think Coronado is easily the best CL in terms of food options for adults. None of them serve anything that a foodie would call adventurous. But Coronado has more options geared toward adults

Hello everyone , seeking opinions/thoughts about the overall club experience at AKL. Not too worried about the overall pros/cons about the resort in general as we have stayed at AKL in the past , would have a car. The things I would like to understand is the overall lounge seating availability/comfort, convenience, the food offerings , and the quality of the views of the Savannah rooms for club guests (hopefully better than the DVC rooms) . Any other general feedback welcome. TY

So I just booked my bounceback. Booked BWI for next summer for a family trip. However, I couldn't get cl with the offer. The only CL available with the promo was the garden cottage (but we are a family of 4) or the GF which my family refuses to stay at. I will call back to see if something opens up or I will change it when another promotion pops up.

Hello everyone , seeking opinions/thoughts about the overall club experience at AKL. Not too worried about the overall pros/cons about the resort in general as we have stayed at AKL in the past , would have a car. The things I would like to understand is the overall lounge seating availability/comfort, convenience, the food offerings , and the quality of the views of the Savannah rooms for club guests (hopefully better than the DVC rooms) . Any other general feedback welcome. TY

We love AKL CL. Room views will be 4th fl, Arusha savanna view (main) unless you are in a 1 or 2 bed suite. For food, it's a mix of dishes you would see at Boma and Sanaa plus the usual cheese and vegetables but with an African twist. At peak times most tables will be occupied but we've never had an issue finding a table. The lounge is on the 6th floor, overlooking the lobby. You cannot see the savanna from the lounge.

We love AKL CL. Room views will be 4th fl, Arusha savanna view (main) unless you are in a 1 or 2 bed suite. For food, it's a mix of dishes you would see at Boma and Sanaa plus the usual cheese and vegetables but with an African twist. At peak times most tables will be occupied but we've never had an issue finding a table. The lounge is on the 6th floor, overlooking the lobby. You cannot see the savanna from the lounge.
Love the idea of boma like food at the lounge - do they restock frequently?

Is there somewhere you can see the menu/s for club level? We're going to the poly in December so just wondered what the current offerings are for some idea (reaise they might not be the same then). Thanks

Is there somewhere you can see the menu/s for club level? We're going to the poly in December so just wondered what the current offerings are for some idea (reaise they might not be the same then). Thanks
You hit the nail on the head. The menus change, even day to day. I have not seen any reliable menus anywhere. I monitor this thread whenever I have an upcoming CL stay because members do a decent job of posting pics of the latest offerings. Speaking of which, I am headed to the Beach Club club level on Thursday! Yay :dancer:

I have to disagree with the PP. The CL offerings really don’t change much. For example, the Y & B clubs are on a 3 day rotation which has not changed since they reopened. We have been at YC & CR many times since reopening. Everything has been exactly the same every time. Every post from other people is exactly the same as what we’ve seen. The other CLs are all the same. So yes, they may change day to day for 3 days. Then you’ll see the same things the next days. They don’t do seasonal menus & make big changes every few months. Do a search & whatever Poly has had the last year is what you’re very likely to get also. The only issue might be which days of the rotation you’re there.

Last edited:
I will second an extremely positive experience at AKL CL. The rooms have perfect views overlooking the Arusha Savannah. It was awesome sitting on the balcony with morning coffee watching the animals. We have been to WDW during peak seasons, and the lounge does fill-up, however, as the first poster mentioned, we never had a problem finding a seat (Family of four). The lounge has a great view of the Lobby area, but it does not overlook the Savannah. The food offerings are from the restaurants at the resort, with the exception of Jikos - I do not think Jikos as any representation.

Overall, I found the service to be awesome, with the staff really going all out to help make stays be incredible. They are a font of wisdom regarding all the different offerings/recreation at the resort, and extremely helpful in terms of helping plan unexpected events. For example, I spontaneously decided that I wanted to celebrate my daughter's 18th birthday at Jikos, and they were able to secure the reservation, get a cake, and arrange for the chef to come to the table to speak to us (my daughter is interested in culinary arts).

Your drinks will be poured for you at all club levels now. Coronado’s Toledo was added to the Florida Michelin Guide in April and is absolutely phenomenal. Three Bridges is very, very good. Both are very easy to get into. Unique (non-all-WDW) cocktail menus. Bars that close at midnight, including one with a high-rise panoramic view towards Hollywood Studios. Chronos Lounge with a panoramic high-rise view towards both Hollywood Studios and Epcot, (and fireworks from both.) Maya Grill and El Mercado which are strong options as well. And extraordinarily friendly and helpful club CMs. Combined with short, easy bus, rideshare, or Minnie Van trips anywhere on property, since Coronado is nearly dead center. And in term of the club, far more private than staring down at the lobby—and being stared back up from—at WL.

How difficult is it to get to the Innkeeper’s Club if you have a Deluxe room on the 3rd floor? My mom has one lung so we try to limit unnecessary walking when possible and would need to use the elevator not the stairs to go to the lounge. Is it a bit of a trek from the 3rd floor? Wondering if I should request a room on the 4th floor or just take whatever we get. Thanks!

How difficult is it to get to the Innkeeper’s Club if you have a Deluxe room on the 3rd floor? My mom has one lung so we try to limit unnecessary walking when possible and would need to use the elevator not the stairs to go to the lounge. Is it a bit of a trek from the 3rd floor? Wondering if I should request a room on the 4th floor or just take whatever we get. Thanks!
Yes , request close to lounge so you are within the CL doors. Unless I missed something when I stayed there, Elevators are way down a whole other hallway that is not included in the doors. There is a stairwell at desk, but doesn’t sound like that would be ideal for you.
We stayed deluxe CL since we needed the extra bed and were almost directly across from the lounge and it was awesome.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter