• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I’ll be there for my first CL stay in 11 days, and will absolutely share when I can!

But if anyone has new pictures or any recent tips/advice I’d love to hear them too. Getting close now!
Thanks!!! We are going for Thanksgiving and we are very excited!!!

For many years club level rooms are sold out for discounted rooms in fall and winter and often available during the summer months. Generally speaking the demographic that typically books CL doesn't vacation at Disney during the heat of the summer.
I always get a discounted CL room for the week in January that starts with the marathon. We go every year, as my husband has business meetings and then goes to the Mecum Car Auction in Kissimmee while I head to Disney. I’m hoping there will be the usual AP discount, and I can ditch the regular BW room I have booked with the bounce back. I actually think I’m going to call and see if there’s a regular WL room available and then add on the CL when we get there - make my own CL discount in case they don’t release any new ones.

Bad news on the table..there is not one!!! What were they thinking...I pulled the chair next to that lamp with the little attached table...or ate on the balcony..always a nice option...the deluxe room has end tables and a coffee table...so that solved the table issue..lol
They told us the tables/desks are on order. Sounded like it will be there for purpose as a desk which will work as a table.

They told us the tables/desks are on order. Sounded like it will be there for purpose as a desk which will work as a table.
I inquired about this during a recent stay..and was told the rooms are fully furnished and would remain as they are...no additional table or desk...I was disappointed...I miss the original furnishings which included a small table a 2 chairs...and then the desk with that rolling table...but I guess that's not so important to most any more...🤷‍♀️

Posted in the GF thread but thought I'd share here as well -
News Flash: GF RPC CM's who had been deployed elsewhere due to construction are being called back to the GF by end of August, at which time they will be participating in a multi-week training schedule. I have no further details.

I inquired about this during a recent stay..and was told the rooms are fully furnished and would remain as they are...no additional table or desk...I was disappointed...I miss the original furnishings which included a small table a 2 chairs...and then the desk with that rolling table...but I guess that's not so important to most any more...🤷‍♀️
I was told they are coming. So interesting. In back next week and will ask again

News Flash: GF RPC CM's who had been deployed elsewhere due to construction are being called back to the GF by end of August, at which time they will be participating in a multi-week training schedule. I have no further details.
Very exciting news..thanks for sharing @sdk!! Hoping to add RPC to a fall split..🤞...plus..there's nothing like being in a brand new room! So curious if they will match the outer building rooms...and what the suites will look like...

I travel a decent amount for work and my opinion is current hotel designers are at war with those who want a desk. The acrobatics of setting up a computer for a video call call or even a nice laptop/notebook layout without a proper desk/chair are maddening. I’ve come to accept that is life with modern day hotel design trends, until styles change again in another 10-15 years. :-)

(BTW, hi @BlueSkies, nice to see you around!)

Not me! Lack of a table was the 1st thing I noticed!

I might have to resort to my value resort trick. Put the ironing board up and use that. Put a towel on it if you may be messy. 🤔🙄😂
That may not even be an option anymore. I didn't see an ironing board or irons in BWI or Poly just a steamer. I don't think there was one in the CR either, I suspect that is another thing going away with the room referbs. :sad2: Never used it though, I bring a big bottle of wrinkle releaser with me.

Well that’s interesting. Wonder why they would need a multi week training?? What could possibly be changing that they couldn’t be updated on in a single day?

That may not even be an option anymore. I didn't see an ironing board or irons in BWI or Poly just a steamer. I don't think there was one in the CR either, I suspect that is another thing going away with the room referbs. :sad2: Never used it though, I bring a big bottle of wrinkle releaser with me.
AKL CL only had a steamer a few weeks ago. DS thought it was the coolest thing & pulled it out - that’s the only reason I know!

Either is fine. When we are in that type of situation we usually keep that night inexpensive, esp since we won't get full benefits. I'd choose the one with the best deal.
I was able to change my flight to get in around 4, so went for YC CL! Will hit apps, maybe try Crews Cup for the 1st time, and hit the hay early for a RD morning. I saw BWI CL resort view CL when I was first thinking about it (sl cheaper) but never again, and I’m not keen to stay there without CL.

I travel a decent amount for work and my opinion is current hotel designers are at war with those who want a desk. The acrobatics of setting up a computer for a video call call or even a nice laptop/notebook layout without a proper desk/chair are maddening.
What, you don’t like balancing your laptop on your lap for video calls? 😂 I do think the table and the “chair” part at the end (of couch/sleeper) at CR works well, just gotta be sure not to get Incredibles stuff in the background…

I was able to change my flight to get in around 4, so went for YC CL! Will hit apps, maybe try Crews Cup for the 1st time, and hit the hay early for a RD morning. I saw BWI CL resort view CL when I was first thinking about it (sl cheaper) but never again, and I’m not keen to stay there without CL.
Yay! Have fun. 🤩

Well that’s interesting. Wonder why they would need a multi week training?? What could possibly be changing that they couldn’t be updated on in a single day?
Good question. It's a 3 week training schedule currently set for Aug 28 - Sep 15. Unknown what that training will entail. Possible changes to backstage areas? Serving area? Specific food/drink offerings? Doing mock shifts? Just getting back into Grand mode after being deployed for a couple of months?

Good question. It's a 3 week training schedule currently set for Aug 28 - Sep 15. Unknown what that training will entail. Possible changes to backstage areas? Serving area? Specific food/drink offerings? Doing mock shifts? Just getting back into Grand mode after being deployed for a couple of months?

It just seems strange that any of that would take 3 weeks. I did staff orientation for our nursing unit in 2017 when we moved into a newly built hospital. A whole new hospital on a medical campus 1 mile away from the old one. I don’t remember exactly how much orientation the staff got, but it was only a few days, like 2 or 3. Days, not weeks. For a hospital, where absolutely everything was different. I can’t imagine needing weeks for a prep area & menus.

It just seems strange that any of that would take 3 weeks. I did staff orientation for our nursing unit in 2017 when we moved into a newly built hospital. A whole new hospital on a medical campus 1 mile away from the old one. I don’t remember exactly how much orientation the staff got, but it was only a few days, like 2 or 3. Days, not weeks. For a hospital, where absolutely everything was different. I can’t imagine needing weeks for a prep area & menus.
There's the normal way of doing things and the Disney way of doing things.
One will never comprehend the Disney way of doing things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter