Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

5 days into a 7 night stay at Poly and very much doubt I’ll be back. Lovely room but the lounge is a complete zoo. The behaviour of some of the guests is something else, every sitting I’ve been at has been a grim lesson in human behaviour 😂🙈 Off to WL on Wednesday and hoping for a better experience. Poly CL easily the least relaxing experience I’ve had. Also, the mouse keeping service attending every day between 4 and 5 pm not ideal. You live and learn 👍

You’ll be going from the biggest CL by standard room count to smallest - it will be quite different, enjoy!

I was recently at Poly CL as well and can’t say I disagree with your observations. Granted it’s always been like that to some extent, but I think I’ve finally outgrown it. 😕

5 days into a 7 night stay at Poly and very much doubt I’ll be back. Lovely room but the lounge is a complete zoo. The behaviour of some of the guests is something else, every sitting I’ve been at has been a grim lesson in human behaviour 😂🙈 Off to WL on Wednesday and hoping for a better experience. Poly CL easily the least relaxing experience I’ve had. Also, the mouse keeping service attending every day between 4 and 5 pm not ideal. You live and learn 👍
I witnessed a guest chewing out one of the CL CMs this morning. It was awful. A grim lesson in human behavior indeed.

I witnessed a guest chewing out one of the CL CMs this morning. It was awful. A grim lesson in human behavior indeed.
We can usually go with the flow but the sense of entitlement from some guests here is pathetic. Stayed a few times club level but not for a few years. Some of the treatment to the staff is disgraceful. A few more red wines and I may be forced to ‘comment’ 😂 staff are first class and so is the food but these silly wee serving plates are a bad move.

You’ll be going from the biggest CL by standard room count to smallest - it will be quite different, enjoy!

I was recently at Poly CL as well and can’t say I disagree with your observations. Granted it’s always been like that to some extent, but I think I’ve finally outgrown it. 😕
It’s a shame as it has a lot going for it. Location, staff etc. Our last CL stay was at WL and it was a completely different experience. Off to Trader Sams so can’t complain to much 👍

Received a call today for our upcoming stay 8/5 at BWI. This was tacked on before the 8/8 trip to CR that I’ve had planned for a while. I wasn’t able to answer the phone because I was in a work meeting although I saw that Disney number and desperately wanted to excuse myself. It was from someone named Mandy, I don’t know if they’re typically club staff or if it was just DSS calling.
That close to your trip it would have been a cast member from the Innkeepers Club. They usually call 5 days out from your trip. They call to check if you have any food allergies to let the chefs know for the food in the lounge or if you have any special requests. Joe or Stephanie usually call me. I love getting that call!

It’s a shame as it has a lot going for it. Location, staff etc. Our last CL stay was at WL and it was a completely different experience. Off to Trader Sams so can’t complain to much 👍

Yeah, it still has vibe going for it, which I enjoy. The music, the views, the smells, the drinks. Still has a lot of vacation appeal to me, even if the CL part feels more bustling.

I really can’t tell if it’s just me being older and more observant after other CL travels, or if the human race really has changed manners/behaviors in recent years, or what - probably a bit of everything.

I do miss the pre-Covid morning CM crew - those women ran a tight ship in that lounge!

Hope yo enjoy the rest of your trip.

Does it get crowded? Yes, guests that are there have decided this is worth it for them, so they will take advantage of it. I counted about 60 seats. At 3-4 people per room, that’s 12-20 rooms that can sit at a time. They have more than 20 CL rooms available so sometimes it is full for seating.

Sorry about the lack of pictures, always forgot to take them!

This comment made me wonder…
We have our first CL stay coming up, and we’re staying at GDT. I know Coronado is somewhat(?) unique in that any room in the tower can be used for club level, not just a particular floor. I am sure though they still limit capacity - anyone have any idea how many rooms they allow under the CL designation on a given night at GDT?

23 days and counting 😁

Tge
We have our first CL stay coming up, and we’re staying at GDT. I know Coronado is somewhat(?) unique in that any room in the tower can be used for club level, not just a particular floor. I am sure though they still limit capacity - anyone have any idea how many rooms they allow under the CL designation on a given night at GDT?

23 days and counting 😁
Not sure if WDW Prep is correct but it says there are 50 CL suites and rooms at GDT.

And that’s about how many AKL Club suites and rooms I counted at Touring Plans and like GDT, AKL has CL rooms in different places. There are many errors on TP on room categories, but that does sound about right to me; we know 6th floor DVC is all club and there are also some DVC club on the 5th floor, plus the 2 BR villas and some of the 4th floor Arusha view kudu trail rooms.

The clubs all close at 10:00 pm, and they’re usually very punctual. If you want a drink after hours, you can take something back to your room fridge. Some CLs insist on opening beer before they hand it to you, so you might ask if they can leave it sealed - just make sure it’s a twist top or that you have access to a bottle opener.
Thanks!

Is there a post or page on this statistic? I was told it’s 350 people a day at Poly club level. What are other clubs like GF?

Is there a post or page on this statistic? I was told it’s 350 people a day at Poly club level. What are other clubs like GF?

Poly CL serves 102 regular guest rooms and 6 suites. An imperfect exercise but if you take the max possible guest count in each that’s around 510 standard room guests and 39 suite guests (549 total). Obviously not every room is occupied to the max, or occupied at all. If I randomly say avg 3.5 guests per room and take a few off the suites, that’s 388. Adjust for occupancy and that 350 # probably isn’t that far off.

GF serves 75 main building rooms (66 standard and deluxe rooms, 9 suites) (max guest count around 352) and 16 outer building suites (max guest count around 100) for a max potential guest count of 452, although again not realistic as not every room is occupied to the max). That’s one reason I think RPC kind of gets a raw deal with SL now closed seemingly for good - many of those outer building suite guests would have used SL (and there even use to be some debate/variability if outer guests even bad access to the main building) but now all use RPC.

WL serves around 34 rooms for a total max guest count of 154’ish - so very tiny. Plus however many they let pay the “add on” option, and likely why WL is the only resort that has that option.

* All numbers are approx.

Hope that helps!

We head out for there in 3 weeks. I know about the small plates in the evening, but what are the current breakfast offerings?

Tge

Not sure if WDW Prep is correct but it says there are 50 CL suites and rooms at GDT.

And that’s about how many AKL Club suites and rooms I counted at Touring Plans and like GDT, AKL has CL rooms in different places. There are many errors on TP on room categories, but that does sound about right to me; we know 6th floor DVC is all club and there are also some DVC club on the 5th floor, plus the 2 BR villas and some of the 4th floor Arusha view kudu trail rooms.

For DVC there's technically 5, 2 bedroom units that can be split into a 1 bedroom and studio with each having a max capacity of 4. So at full capacity, theres max 40 DVC people at AKL. No DVC CL rooms on the 5th floor. Only the presidential and VP suites on that floor

One thing you also need to consider is the physical size of the club. I’ve always liked GF because there are tables/seating on multiple floors and distributed around the circumference of the lobby atrium. It is so, so spread out that it is always possible to escape the melee somewhat. The crowding at poly is a key reason it was a one and done for me. Which stinks, because it is such a great resort! I have good memories of WL, as well.

We just got done with a Kilimanjaro Club stay. The staff were great - very friendly and accommodating. The lodge is always beautiful, and we had a great Savanna view. Transportation was surprisingly efficient, whether we did bus, Uber, or MV. That being said, we didn’t particularly like the experience. The food would have been okay, but hot items were always cold. Rather jarring taking a bite of butter chicken and have it room temp or less. I never once chose a hot item that was hot, and we were not waiting until the last minute to head to the lounge. Housekeeping didn’t come one time - saved me a few days of tips. We don’t necessarily care about the made beds and such, but when you’re paying CL prices, I expect the amenities that come with it. Someone dropped a cupcake in our hallway, and it stayed smashed in the carpet for the last two days. Halls were lined with trash; I imagine it might have been difficult to maneuver with an ECV. We decided to try the lodge after several years absence, and we will not do it again. We sat in Ale and Compass lounge during a rainstorm and had serious FOMO, so I’ll be calling for the bounce back offer (which was never advertised to us) to see if I can change my September trip to one of the CLs in the Boardwalk area.

23 days and counting 😁
I stayed CL GDT and CL BC on my last trip. The club at GDT is very big, so it never felt packed even when all the tables were taken (and when all tables were taken, one usually opened up a few minutes after). BC felt much much crowded because of the smaller room and closer seating.

I wanted to pop in and comment on a club level stay I’m taking in a Marriott right now. I know we’ve all seen those posts where members of the dis bash CL at Disney as being disappointing compared to other hotel chains. Granted, this is my first non-Disney сlub level/concierge stay. But it’s been fairly terrible. The rest of the hotel is nice. But the breakfast food is what I could get for free at a springhill suites. The appetizers at night are on par with a chain gas station. And the woman who runs the lounge followed me around last night berating me because my 20-year-old daughter and 15-year-old son went to the lounge a few minutes before me. She complained that she couldn’t leave the lounge when children are present because of the “honor bar.” There was more that I honestly couldn’t understand because she was talking so fast. But then she pointed out scratches in the wood of the liquor cabinet and said that someone’s kids broke into it a few years ago. Mentioned again that she couldn’t leave the lounge. It was so bizarre and unhinged. It went on for so long, I finally said, “I get it, I screwed up, I’m sorry, and I won’t do it again.” She said it wasn’t my kids (which I knew - they were literally sitting quietly at a table for two minutes waiting for me). But something that happened a couple years ago. I’ve never experienced that before at any hotel anywhere. I ended up changing our reservation for the last night because I’d rather start our drive home early and stay somewhere else. I did complain to the manager, because her behavior was completely unwarranted. If there was some rule violation, she could have simply told my kids they couldn’t stay or mentioned it to me privately. There were several other people in the lounge at the time. I was the only one with kids, I think, but according to my daughter, she lectured them, too. I realize this is not the norm, but even without the absurd outburst from the lounge staff, this is been a pretty disappointing stay from a club lounge perspective.

The funny and sad part is we cancelled a CL stay at BWI to come here because my son qualified to compete in the Junior Olympics. I’m so glad we’re going back to Disney in January. I already have a CL room booked for BWI. Hoping for a discount to come out in the meantime.

Poly CL serves 102 regular guest rooms and 6 suites. An imperfect exercise but if you take the max possible guest count in each that’s around 510 standard room guests and 39 suite guests (549 total). Obviously not every room is occupied to the max, or occupied at all. If I randomly say avg 3.5 guests per room and take a few off the suites, that’s 388. Adjust for occupancy and that 350 # probably isn’t that far off.

GF serves 75 main building rooms (66 standard and deluxe rooms, 9 suites) (max guest count around 352) and 16 outer building suites (max guest count around 100) for a max potential guest count of 452, although again not realistic as not every room is occupied to the max). That’s one reason I think RPC kind of gets a raw deal with SL now closed seemingly for good - many of those outer building suite guests would have used SL (and there even use to be some debate/variability if outer guests even bad access to the main building) but now all use RPC.

WL serves around 34 rooms for a total max guest count of 154’ish - so very tiny. Plus however many they let pay the “add on” option, and likely why WL is the only resort that has that option.

* All numbers are approx.

Hope that helps!
Very interesting! I had no idea WL had the add on option and is smaller. Can you add on if you stay as DVC or cash DVC? The 350 number came up in a conversation with a Poly chef I spoke to when discussing safe options with allergen restrictions. I wonder if thats what they plan for and that's why it can cleaned out easily when at max capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter