Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hi all.
Checking into YC CL tomorrow.
Unfortunately, our flight has already been delayed over 4 hours, obviously also causing problems with the connecting flight. We got rebooked but the seats on our new connection are not together and my 7 year old is scared to sit apart from a parent. We are going to try to beg the gate agent for help since this wasn’t poor planning on our part. We’re in 1st class, so there really isn’t a bad seat except maybe row 1, which none of our seats are in. We also had plans to go to Epcot for a nice evening and now we’ll be lucky to set foot in the place.

I know these are first world problems for sure, but I’m pretty stressed out right now. Not the start to my trip I was imagining.

Last year, we were severely delayed out of Orlando and missed our connection and had to stay overnight in Atlanta. It’s a 16 hour drive for us but I’m considering going back to that. 😬

Hi all.
Unfortunately, our flight has already been delayed over 4 hours, obviously also causing problems with the connecting flight. We got rebooked but the seats on our new connection are not together and my 7 year old is scared to sit apart from a parent. We are going to try to beg the gate agent for help since this wasn’t poor planning on our part. We’re in 1st class, so there really isn’t a bad seat except maybe row 1, which none of our seats are in. We also had plans to go to Epcot for a nice evening and now we’ll be lucky to set foot in the place.

I know these are first world problems for sure, but I’m pretty stressed out right now. Not the start to my trip I was imagining.

Last year, we were severely delayed out of Orlando and missed our connection and had to stay overnight in Atlanta. It’s a 16 hour drive for us but I’m considering going back to that. 😬
That must be so frustrating. Still, if I was travelling with a 7 year old I'd move to wherever needed to get 2 seats together. Hopefully the gate agent can help with this.

Hi all.

I hope your trip went off smoothly. I am thinking surely you’ll have a passenger that will move so you can sit with your child. 99% of humanity are good about that
I moved on a Southwest flight recently so a child could sit with their adult after they were last to board due to connection delays. It makes no difference to me to sit by DH. We live together and vacation together. We can sit apart on a 1 hour flight

We just returned from our first club level experience at the polynesian. We don’t think we can ever not stay club level now. which resorts club level lounge food options are your favorite? We are deciding which resort we want to do next year lol

Hi all.

Can the airline get you on an earlier flight?

Checked into BC CL yesterday it’s been very nice but so packed. For apps we had to bring the food back to our room bc it was so full, a big group had two tables pushed together and chairs from a few other tables.

It’s also just so tight in there. Even when there was a table for desserts just getting back to the food/your table is a maze.

Over heard a guest talking to CM saying they were at GTD then switched to BC when they heard he (the CL CM) was working here at BC. Was that any of you? Lol

We just returned from our first club level experience at the polynesian. We don’t think we can ever not stay club level now. which resorts club level lounge food options are your favorite? We are deciding which resort we want to do next year lol
If you don’t mind sharing, what were the offerings driving breakfast? We arrive in a little over 3 weeks!!

Checked into BC CL yesterday it’s been very nice but so packed. For apps we had to bring the food back to our room bc it was so full, a big group had two tables pushed together and chairs from a few other tables.

It’s also just so tight in there. Even when there was a table for desserts just getting back to the food/your table is a maze.

Over heard a guest talking to CM saying they were at GTD then switched to BC when they heard he (the CL CM) was working here at BC. Was that any of you? Lol
Is it all refurbed. The rooms and all.

Sorry to hear this. I will say, some of the lounges can get pretty packed. It has shaped my preferences quite a bit! Hopefully it empties out a bit as the week progresses. 🤞

Just returned from a triple-split stay: started out at Caribbean Beach Resort for three nights, we were able to get a room in the building closest to the Riviera so we were able to eat there for breakfasts and also use the Skyliner to get to our dinner at Monsieur Paul and EPCOT early entry to do the Remy ride and enjoy World Showcase with no crowds.

Then we moved on to AKL Club Level for three nights, had dinner at Jiko one night, and ate at the club lounge for the other dinners and for breakfasts. We really like the food there and the lounge (and rest of the resort) is nice to have during the very hot times of the day.

Finally, three nights at Wilderness Lodge Club level, we ended up cancelling dinners at California Grill and Narcoossees and enjoying the food at the lounge. They had a different cobbler each night at dessert which was really good. My favorite was the apple cranberry, my wife liked the berry. They now have ice cream to go along with the cobbler, which is a great addition from the last time we stayed there.

@Poohbear80 yes! I didn’t even realize at first. But then I noticed there was no rug lol

I managed to get one pic at breakfast this morning. There was also a veggie egg scramble and chicken sausage. Very yummy!

Edit to add - scored a full balcony with a great view!

Attachments

• 19BB65B3-874D-467D-9E0A-E87765765762.jpeg
    19BB65B3-874D-467D-9E0A-E87765765762.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 6FBE515E-664F-4349-BDF6-59699B99BC65.jpeg
    6FBE515E-664F-4349-BDF6-59699B99BC65.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 09C9F7B6-C8D6-47B5-AD4C-7EB56D922469.jpeg
    09C9F7B6-C8D6-47B5-AD4C-7EB56D922469.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 1ECEF1BF-ABF8-4230-B914-96FE64B08422.jpeg
    1ECEF1BF-ABF8-4230-B914-96FE64B08422.jpeg
    39.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
We will be arriving around 9 AM to the Wilderness Lodge. I know the room won't be ready but can we have breakfast in the lounge?

Does the lounge have a view of the fireworks? If not, where is the best viewing area? TIA

We will be arriving around 9 AM to the Wilderness Lodge. I know the room won't be ready but can we have breakfast in the lounge?

Does the lounge have a view of the fireworks? If not, where is the best viewing area? TIA
Not sure about fireworks but you can use the lounge all day on your arrival and departure days.

We’re stuck at MCO due to weather (our plane coming from ATL got diverted to Melbourne), so I have lots of time to write about our experience at AKL Kilimanjaro Club!

The last time we stayed here was pre-pandemic and I’m happy to report that the offerings are pretty similar to what I remember having in 2019.

We selected AKL because of its more interesting CL food offerings and we were not disappointed!

Morning offerings (7-10:30am) included:
Hot dishes (Day 1 it was bobotie and bacon, Day 2, it was bobotie and sausage, Day 3, it was scrambled eggs with chives and goat cheese and biscuits and gravy)
Pastrami smoked salmon
Hard boiled eggs
Condiments (Boma mustard)
Sliced cheese
Oatmeal with toppings and pudding
Yogurts (both sweetened and unsweetened Greek yogurt)
Granola
Fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, melon)
Pastries
Bagels
Kids cereals
Fresh whole fruit (Apples/bananas)
Juice
Water/sparkling water
Tea
Cappuccino/espresso
Sodas

Mid-day offerings included:
Chips, SunChips
Make your own mix (spiced nuts, chocolate covered raisins, yogurt pretzels, goldfish crackers)
Crudités with hummus and/or ranch
Fresh whole fruit (Apples/bananas)
Water/sparkling water
Tea
Cappuccino/espresso
Sodas (Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite)
Frozen treats (Mickey bars, ice cream sandwiches, strawberry paleta).

Evening appetizers (5-7pm)
These were really nice
Small plate (didn’t go Day 1; Day 2 it was a chicken stew and rice with lime and guacamole; Day 3 was Indian Butter chicken and basmati rice)
Crudités
3 different types of hummus
Crackers and pita
A cold salad (for example, tabbouli or chick pea cauliflower salad)
Nice charcuterie (chorizo, etc.)
Nice cheeses (manchego, blue cheese) with honey and compote
Kids’ area had a mealie pap one day and meatballs the other day, Uncrustables, and watermelon
Water/sparkling water
Tea
Cappuccino/espresso
Sodas (Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite)
Frozen treats (Mickey bars, ice cream sandwiches, strawberry paleta).

Desserts and cordials (8-10pm)
I know they had cookies and a couple of little desserts.
They had 3-4 different cordials: kahlua, cognac, orange liquour.

Wines were from South Africa and were very good. Cast members can get you wine during the day; from 5-7pm you can put yourself. I was offered a white wine flight the first day and they can also make you a mimosa or POGmosa.

Beers, they had a Goose Island IPA, Blue Moon, cider and Bud light.

Is CL worth it? The question about whether CL is worth it comes up a lot. I think it depends on whether you would take advantage of what is offered, when it’s offered. We enjoyed the offerings very much and considered them restaurant quality. We love the cappuccino maker and the sparkling water machine (saved quite a bit just on those 2 offerings). We stayed at HRH CL last year and the offerings there were terrible; they were supermarket quality. We were very happy that AKL still offered a quality product. We’ve been to the parks many times and are happy to spend only a few hours in the park and spend more time relaxing, so we were able to take advantage of the Club lounge. We also eat pretty much everything. I would not recommend it if you are looking to start your day with a Mickey waffle or something specific.

Is it convenient? Yes, it can be. It’s not super close to the pool, but it’s not far either. Most rooms are in the 4th floor facing in Kudu trail. It’s a short walk from those rooms to the elevator to the 6th floor CL. I think it’s about as convenient as putting a mobile order at Mara or having breakfast at Boma.

Does it get crowded? Yes, guests that are there have decided this is worth it for them, so they will take advantage of it. I counted about 60 seats. At 3-4 people per room, that’s 12-20 rooms that can sit at a time. They have more than 20 CL rooms available so sometimes it is full for seating.

Sorry about the lack of pictures, always forgot to take them!

Received a call today for our upcoming stay 8/5 at BWI. This was tacked on before the 8/8 trip to CR that I’ve had planned for a while. I wasn’t able to answer the phone because I was in a work meeting although I saw that Disney number and desperately wanted to excuse myself. It was from someone named Mandy, I don’t know if they’re typically club staff or if it was just DSS calling.

5 days into a 7 night stay at Poly and very much doubt I’ll be back. Lovely room but the lounge is a complete zoo. The behaviour of some of the guests is something else, every sitting I’ve been at has been a grim lesson in human behaviour 😂🙈 Off to WL on Wednesday and hoping for a better experience. Poly CL easily the least relaxing experience I’ve had. Also, the mouse keeping service attending every day between 4 and 5 pm not ideal. You live and learn 👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter