• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

This is a very balanced post and it does a great job of pointing out how widely experiences can vary and that so many factors can make or break a situation. First impressions don't always tell the whole story. Of all of the negative experiences that have been mentioned on the last several pages, the one thing I find really unforgiveable and completely preventable is the story someone posted about non club level guests being given club access as an upgrade. It's totally unfair to give a bunch of people something for free when it causes the people who actually paid a premium to be crowded out. That one is mind boggling to me and I'd be mad enough to insist that my room rate be adjusted to a non club rate. Normally I'm one to just walk away and go find another place to eat, drink, or sit if the club is busy but in that situation I would take a stand. I felt really bad for that poster.
I have the feeling this was room upgrades, right? I didn’t say anything here, and I very rarely complain at WDW (maybe 3x?) but I think this is a situation where I’d have done so.

I have the feeling this was room upgrades, right? I didn’t say anything here, and I very rarely complain at WDW (maybe 3x?) but I think this is a situation where I’d have done so.

I don’t know. How could you complain someone got a room upgrade, even to CL. People post here about getting upgrades or hoping to get upgrades or ask what the best way to get an upgrade is all the time. If someone was lucky enough to be given an upgrade, that’s really Disney’s decision & no one else’s business. IMO it’s no different than if I paid rack rate & someone else booked with a discount.

Now could the CMs have asked them to close the door, sure. Taking all the food, it happens even from guests who booked CL. Many of us have seen it happen. But I just don’t think it’s anybody’s business if Disney chooses to upgrade guests. Anymore than it’s our business if someone paid rack rate, or a public discount or AP etc.

Have people been receiving calls from Poly CL before arrival? We arent new to CL, but it’s been awhile and there is just something magical about seeing that number pop up on the phone!

I don’t know. How could you complain someone got a room upgrade, even to CL. People post here about getting upgrades or hoping to get upgrades or ask what the best way to get an upgrade is all the time. If someone was lucky enough to be given an upgrade, that’s really Disney’s decision & no one else’s business. IMO it’s no different than if I paid rack rate & someone else booked with a discount.

Now could the CMs have asked them to close the door, sure. Taking all the food, it happens even from guests who booked CL. Many of us have seen it happen. But I just don’t think it’s anybody’s business if Disney chooses to upgrade guests. Anymore than it’s our business if someone paid rack rate, or a public discount or AP etc.
Oh, to be clear, sounds like the door thing would have been just about all the CMs could do in the moment. I’d definitely have asked for that. I have no beef with room upgrades, my own sister was upgraded from garden to tower club last year. But if it was really, really bad, I’d have commented to management as OP (you were OP, right? I can’t find the post now) did about overloading this particular space, which is quite small. If I was cheesed enough in the moment, I might have requested some possible consideration for myself (such as requesting a plate of sushi to skedaddle back to my room!) but that’s far less likely, I’m much more likely to get two giant glasses of wine and grumble on my balcony!

Have people been receiving calls from Poly CL before arrival? We arent new to CL, but it’s been awhile and there is just something magical about seeing that number pop up on the phone!
I booked my July trip in February and received a call in March(?) but when I asked about wrist bands for CL folks on 4th of July they couldn't answer my question which makes me think it was just generic Signature Services and not actually CL staff. I didn't receive any other calls.

I booked my July trip in February and received a call in March(?) but when I asked about wrist bands for CL folks on 4th of July they couldn't answer my question which makes me think it was just generic Signature Services and not actually CL staff. I didn't receive any other calls.
I think that’s accurate. That happened with our last 2 trips at GDT and AKL. I not only emailed DSS about our allergies, but they also called me asking if we had any. It wasn’t until the actual CL CM’s called me a couple days prior to the trip that I realized nothing I gave DSS was passed along or noted. 🤷🏻‍♀️

But if it was really, really bad, I’d have commented to management as OP (you were OP, right? I can’t find the post now) did about overloading this particular space, which is quite small.

No, that one wasn’t me. I was the one complaining about the BWI lounge being over crowded with no seats & our room was on the 3rd floor. ;) :rotfl2: So that’s how I know stuff can happen even if no upgrades. And I did do the grumbling just without the wine.:rolleyes1

Oh, to be clear, sounds like the door thing would have been just about all the CMs could do in the moment. I’d definitely have asked for that. I have no beef with room upgrades, my own sister was upgraded from garden to tower club last year. But if it was really, really bad, I’d have commented to management as OP (you were OP, right? I can’t find the post now) did about overloading this particular space, which is quite small. If I was cheesed enough in the moment, I might have requested some possible consideration for myself (such as requesting a plate of sushi to skedaddle back to my room!) but that’s far less likely, I’m much more likely to get two giant glasses of wine and grumble on my balcony!
Haha that’s me. It was a really a situation of bad timing. They had a bunch of trainees in, so they were spending most of their time in the back together doing the same jobs - they should have separated and spent more time out by the guests, but they were new.

The managers were as frustrated as we were with the way these new guests behaved - the upgrades were out of their hands. That was the main purpose of my email - to let those making these decisions understand how impactful a few larger family upgrades at the same time can be on this small space.

Hopefully this doesn’t become a trend. I’m relatively confident if Jim and his usual crew were there, things would have been better.

At least at breakfast people leave in a timely manner. During the appetizers they stick around like they've reserved the table for the evening.
For anyone with a food allergy, they might have no choice.

Breakfast offers many prepackaged items, like yogurt, plus foods like grapes that are not likely to be cross contaminated. And often the CL's will prep up a plate the night before if they know a guest has a food allergy. They also sometimes stock items like prepackaged gluten-free bread/muffins.

WDW doesn't prep ahead for appetizer hour though. Guests with allergies have to wait for an allergen-free plate to be prepped and brought up to the CL. That can take quite a bit of time.

Mind, I'm sure some people are sticking around just to relax, but food allergy at WDW = eating takes extra time.

Haha that’s me. It was a really a situation of bad timing. They had a bunch of trainees in, so they were spending most of their time in the back together doing the same jobs - they should have separated and spent more time out by the guests, but they were new.

The managers were as frustrated as we were with the way these new guests behaved - the upgrades were out of their hands. That was the main purpose of my email - to let those making these decisions understand how impactful a few larger family upgrades at the same time can be on this small space.

Hopefully this doesn’t become a trend. I’m relatively confident if Jim and his usual crew were there, things would have been better.
I have 2 stays upcoming, but one is late Aug, and I doubt it’ll be too bad - the other is in early Dec, though - I guess we’ll see. You really drew the short straw, such a disappointment.

A PP said the same thing but I’d strongly recommend a table over around the sandy area on the YC side. My kids spend hours there and it’s a good spot to keep an eye on things. It’s worth the extra steps over to that side of the pool, IMHO.

BTW, not sure of your exact ages and how much freedom they have, but if you have ones you need to see/be with all the time get ready for a workout running around SAB all day, especially if they like the slide (which you access by leaving the pool fenced area).

Enjoy your stay!
6 and 8. I will most likely go to that are the first day and then do from there. Thanks!

For anyone with a food allergy, they might have no choice.

Breakfast offers many prepackaged items, like yogurt, plus foods like grapes that are not likely to be cross contaminated. And often the CL's will prep up a plate the night before if they know a guest has a food allergy. They also sometimes stock items like prepackaged gluten-free bread/muffins.

WDW doesn't prep ahead for appetizer hour though. Guests with allergies have to wait for an allergen-free plate to be prepped and brought up to the CL. That can take quite a bit of time.

Mind, I'm sure some people are sticking around just to relax, but food allergy at WDW = eating takes extra time.
At contemporary, they had plates specifically set aside for our kids bc of allergies. It was super convenient to just let them know we were ready for the food and they would go in the back to grab it. Animal Kingdom it was a 20-40 minute wait each time and it ended up being something pretty plain.
Hopefully Beach club will be more along the lines of Contemporary, but we will enjoy it either way!

At contemporary, they had plates specifically set aside for our kids bc of allergies. It was super convenient to just let them know we were ready for the food and they would go in the back to grab it. Animal Kingdom it was a 20-40 minute wait each time and it ended up being something pretty plain.
Hopefully Beach club will be more along the lines of Contemporary, but we will enjoy it either way!
In our experience it varies - not just from CL to CL, but also from visit to visit at the same CL over time. Staff changes are part of it.

was able to snag a coronado cl room and was wondering how the process goes? do you have to scan in every time? are the rooms behind another door like boardwalk cl?

was able to snag a coronado cl room and was wondering how the process goes? do you have to scan in every time? are the rooms behind another door like boardwalk cl?
The rooms are scattered in the tower. You do scan into the locked lounge on the 15th floor. There are 2 balls of elevators so no room is really that far from the lounge.

Last edited:
The club is on the 15th floor, and you will have to use your magic band or key card to scan in each time. Last time we were there, we were not on the same floor as Chronos, so we had to take the elevator up to the 15th floor. I’m not sure if rooms are scattered throughout the building or if different categories are on different floors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter