Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Just starting to think about a longer trip for next year and wanted some opinions on the Poly club level versus the Contemporary club level.

I have stayed at a Poly club level room one time several years ago. I liked the club well enough. Great staff, decent food, nice view of the fireworks, and i liked the second level (often less busy) seating area. Overall I recall everything being decent but nothing outstanding (other than very friendly staff). The downside was that we stayed in the Moorea building and had to hike over to the club building each time we wanted to use the club.

Never been to the Contemporary club level. Is there a big difference between them? Is one much better than the other. Is the CR club in the main building with the rooms (like Beach, yacht, or GT Tower)? Thanks
***I had a friend not like her room location and chose to be in a different building so I know it’s random but for those reading this post cl booked is rooms only in Hawaii. Beside the regular cl rooms there is the Tonga building which has the suites and a lite lounge but you walk to Hawaii for more food/drinks.

Ok poly is great for beach and pool access. Cr feels so far away because you are up so high.

Views are different but both are to me equally good, 😍both.

Food, currently I give a nod to CR. Breakfast, snacks and appetizers are hardy at cr both Atrium and Tower cl’s.

So poly you have 3 floors in Hawaii, floor 2 no balcony . You pay extra for lagoon or TPV. However the views still vary a lot from one room to another. Aka I find it stressful wondering if I get a balcony/patio and or a nice view. The rooms at least are all close to the lounge since it’s all in one building. You access the lounge on floor 2 by stairs or elevator. Also a second seating area on floor 3 with a bathroom.

CR you book your choice of view. TPV or Bay lake side. ( names changes recently but views still the same lol).
What is nice is the Atrium is one floor. So you exit elevator and lounge is right there. It’s in the center of the TPV aisle side but it’s just as easy to get to bay lake rooms as well. I’ve been in the last room on both ends TPV side. Truly I don’t care which I get all good, same view. There’s no stress for view or close to lounge because it’s all pretty convent with lounge in the center. Also you can grab stuff and get to your room easy, don’t need to do steps or elevator like some resorts.

I think since reopening all the cl’s have friendly staff, haven’t heard of any issues anywhere .

Both are good options. What is your priority? Food, room decor, lounge space, view etc? Sometimes I lean one way or another depending on what we are doing or season etc. Thats why I don’t just stay at the same one over n over. My needs change so lounge I need changes.

***I had a friend not like her room location and chose to be in a different building so I know it’s random but for those reading this post cl booked is rooms only in Hawaii. Beside the regular cl rooms there is the Tonga building which has the suites and a lite lounge but you walk to Hawaii for more food/drinks.

Ok poly is great for beach and pool access. Cr feels so far away because you are up so high.

Views are different but both are to me equally good, 😍both.

Food, currently I give a nod to CR. Breakfast, snacks and appetizers are hardy at cr both Atrium and Tower cl’s.

So poly you have 3 floors in Hawaii, floor 2 no balcony . You pay extra for lagoon or TPV. However the views still vary a lot from one room to another. Aka I find it stressful wondering if I get a balcony/patio and or a nice view. The rooms at least are all close to the lounge since it’s all in one building. You access the lounge on floor 2 by stairs or elevator. Also a second seating area on floor 3 with a bathroom.

CR you book your choice of view. TPV or Bay lake side. ( names changes recently but views still the same lol).
What is nice is the Atrium is one floor. So you exit elevator and lounge is right there. It’s in the center of the TPV aisle side but it’s just as easy to get to bay lake rooms as well. I’ve been in the last room on both ends TPV side. Truly I don’t care which I get all good, same view. There’s no stress for view or close to lounge because it’s all pretty convent with lounge in the center. Also you can grab stuff and get to your room easy, don’t need to do steps or elevator like some resorts.

I think since reopening all the cl’s have friendly staff, haven’t heard of any issues anywhere .

Both are good options. What is your priority? Food, room decor, lounge space, view etc? Sometimes I lean one way or another depending on what we are doing or season etc. Thats why I don’t just stay at the same one over n over. My needs change so lounge I need changes.
Thanks! As far as CL priorities, I would say good food options (especially vegetarian) and ease of access/close to room are most important. Room decor and view are secondary. GDT has probably been our favorite CL the past couple years. We also really like BC. Poly was fine when we stayed there a few years ago, but as I mentioned, less than easy access to the actual lounge was a bit of a bummer. We still liked it though.

Based on your information, I am leaning toward giving CR a try

Not everyday. Some days it’s another

Does anyone know if wilderness lodge club has bacon in the mornings?
Speaking about WL club level, I booked there and within less than 24 hours, heard from DSS! I was quite shocked and surprised. I did however lose the phone number they gave me to call when my 60 days out comes up. My phone captured 407/939-7777. Does that look right or is there more than one number?

What's the quickest trip you've taken? I'm debating a 2 night stay for the Christmas party. Flying out of Newark so not bad. I don't even know if my kids want to go lol. It would be a few days before Christmas because it's the only time college and HS's days off align. Would it be nuts coming back the 23rd of December? I don't host the holidays but do all the baking.

BWI Club Level offerings. Three night rotation. Pretty easy for everyone to
find something that they would like. They have kid-friendly offerings like chili mac and pasta.
There was not a kid's food area per se.

Attachments

• IMG_9386.jpeg
    IMG_9386.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9379.jpeg
    IMG_9379.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_9377.jpeg
    IMG_9377.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_9376.jpeg
    IMG_9376.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 101
I do 2 nighters on occasion but don’t love them - prefer at least 3. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!
I prefer 3 too. I did a quick 3 night stay with my kids once and it was one of our best trips. I found a 6am going and an 8 pm on our way home. I could probably do 3 nights after but then no Christmas party and I'm guessing more crowded. We would be leaving for home Saturday before Christmas. Guess next thing is to see if kids want to go. It seems crazy and I'm not sure my youngest will be off.

Thanks! As far as CL priorities, I would say good food options (especially vegetarian) and ease of access/close to room are most important. Room decor and view are secondary. GDT has probably been our favorite CL the past couple years. We also really like BC. Poly was fine when we stayed there a few years ago, but as I mentioned, less than easy access to the actual lounge was a bit of a bummer. We still liked it though.

Based on your information, I am leaning toward giving CR a try
Why were you in moorea? It’s dvc so doesn’t have cl access. Hawaii is the cl building and pretty convenient. If you booked that you may enjoy it more, However my CR trips post Covid have been good.

Why were you in moorea? It’s dvc so doesn’t have cl access. Hawaii is the cl building and pretty convenient. If you booked that you may enjoy it more, However my CR trips post Covid have been good.
I didn't ask why. We booked a club level standard room and the front desk said they were upgrading us to Moorea. I didn't question it

We have never stayed CL, but considering it for our arrival night and wondered if it would be worth it or not and if it would be useful to us. We will arrive on a Thursday night after midnight and I know it closes at 10:00 pm so we wouldn't get to use it that night. What I am wondering about is the next day. We could have breakfast, but does it extend for the whole day, even after we check out at 11:00 or would we only be entitled to breakfast that morning? We are DVC and AP holders staying the rest of the trip on points. Paying cash for arrival night. With the 35% discount, it's not much more out of pocket for a CL room than the regular room we have now. We can choose from AKL, CR, WL, BC or YC. If this is a good option for us, which resort has the best CL?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter