• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Any recent BC CL reviews since reopening? I changed 3 nights of our July split stay to BC CL today! Are all the rooms
Refreshed? Thanks for any insight!!

Thought I’d share from the GF Thread…

Upper Floors of Disney’s Grand Floridian Main Building Closed for Refurbishment

While visiting Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort today to check in on the construction area we spotted in the lobby yesterday, we noticed that the upper floors are now behind construction “walls”. Crews were also testing the alarm system throughout the upper floors, lobby, shops, and more as part of the early work. Floors 3-5 are now closed, but the second floor will remain open at this time for monorail access and more. Here’s a look at the lobby building as of this afternoon!

1686684331757.png

1686684402692.jpeg

Anyone hear any more about the removal of the desks for the CL employees? Any reasons why? Was it at all resorts?

do any of the lounges have any out door type of patio seating or is it all inside? i have wilderness lodge booked for jan 10-14 but open to moving. i stayed at boardwalk last year and i know they didnt.

do any of the lounges have any out door type of patio seating or is it all inside? i have wilderness lodge booked for jan 10-14 but open to moving. i stayed at boardwalk last year and i know they didnt.
Contemporary does, but especially Tower Club (vs Atrium, though they also have baconies) - huge balconies.

The Yacht Club has a small balcony that overlooks the front entrance & trees. Has 2 or 3 small tables out there. Contemporary has balconies that have MK views. The Tower Club (14th floor) is big, with several chairs & maybe 2 tables. Atrium Club (12th floor) has a balcony, but I haven’t stayed there, so not sure what seating they have. Grand Floridian has a balcony with seating on the 3 floor, but the food service area is on the 4th floor.

So....this may be an unpopular opinion - but we will NEVER come back to YC CL again. The staff is (mostly) delightful. And the food has been good.

The deal breaker for us is we have a water-view room and the balcony is unusable due to the inability to turn off the balcony lights at night on any room on the 5th level.

It interferes with the ability to really see the fireworks. And the sheer volume of bugs the lights attract mean you can't go out there without being swarmed. And you can't really open the door without risking the bugs coming in with you. When you get up in the morning the doors are still covered in those tiny little gnats and things.

We love sitting on the balcony after a day in the parks to relax and have a glass of wine. And it was one of the big factors in us choosing this resort - and the reason we paid the extra for a water view....

(OH. And if you are assigned to 5171 ASK TO BE MOVED before you settle in. It's right next to the elevators and all morning and night you hear the mechanics of the elevators rumbling - we were fortunate there was another room available that night and didn't have to stay - but we were unpacked...)

So....this may be an unpopular opinion - but we will NEVER come back to YC CL again. The staff is (mostly) delightful. And the food has been good.

The deal breaker for us is we have a water-view room and the balcony is unusable due to the inability to turn off the balcony lights at night on any room on the 5th level.

It interferes with the ability to really see the fireworks. And the sheer volume of bugs the lights attract mean you can't go out there without being swarmed. And you can't really open the door without risking the bugs coming in with you. When you get up in the morning the doors are still covered in those tiny little gnats and things.

We love sitting on the balcony after a day in the parks to relax and have a glass of wine. And it was one of the big factors in us choosing this resort - and the reason we paid the extra for a water view....

(OH. And if you are assigned to 5171 ASK TO BE MOVED before you settle in. It's right next to the elevators and all morning and night you hear the mechanics of the elevators rumbling - we were fortunate there was another room available that night and didn't have to stay - but we were unpacked...)

Sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay. That’s do annoying with the price you pay. Sounds like you might have run into love bugs? We stay at YC CL most trips, I’ve watched fireworks many times without issues. Although I don’t sit out there at night, just watch them & go back inside.

Smart you asked to move away from 5171 that first night. We’ve been in that room twice. It gets even worse at 6:30 am. That’s when the CL staff starts banging carts & dishes & doing something that entails emptying lots & lots of ice from the ice machine. I’ve never asked for a room change, but I will if we ever get assigned that room again.

Sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay. That’s do annoying with the price you pay. Sounds like you might have run into love bugs? We stay at YC CL most trips, I’ve watched fireworks many times without issues. Although I don’t sit out there at night, just watch them & go back inside.

Smart you asked to move away from 5171 that first night. We’ve been in that room twice. It gets even worse at 6:30 am. That’s when the CL staff starts banging carts & dishes & doing something that entails emptying lots & lots of ice from the ice machine. I’ve never asked for a room change, but I will if we ever get assigned that room again.

Yes - may be love bug season. But also: who wants to sit out on the balcony with the lights on at night? Is that relaxing for anyone? Part of being out at night is - well - night - to see what's out there. When the lights are on it affects your ability to see the night.

We were told it's a "safety" feature - but a concierge staff we talked to said he felt it was an aesthetic thing they want from a distance for the resort and blame it on safety ;-)

Dumb question, but do we know what they’re doing with the outer building “CL Access” suites at GF while RPC is closed? Are they putting a temporary lounge with light offerings somewhere, or one of these you pay the same rate even without the CL part situations we’ve seen before? Maybe a room credit for supplies from Gaspy’s? I’m assuming no temporary setup since it’s not all that many potential guests, but just curious.

Dumb question, but do we know what they’re doing with the outer building “CL Access” suites at GF while RPC is closed? Are they putting a temporary lounge with light offerings somewhere, or one of these you pay the same rate even without the CL part situations we’ve seen before? Maybe a room credit for supplies from Gaspy’s? I’m assuming no temporary setup since it’s not all that many potential guests, but just curious.
Sorry, I don’t know the answer to this, however there are a couple of people currently at The Grand. Can try asking in the GF thread and see if they might be willing to ask at the front desk. If not, @sdk1231 might be able to help.

Ew, 5171. We’ve been there. 👎👎👎 DH loves YC CL, so we always be sure to put that we DON’T want that room in our request. The lighting thing is weird - I don’t recall that, we were there in Nov. That would upset me, as well.

Sorry, I don’t know the answer to this, however there are a couple of people currently at The Grand. Can try asking in the GF thread and see if they might be willing to ask at the front desk. If not, @sdk1231 might be able to help.
I'm told that the Outer Building suites will just be suites, no CL offerings or amenities while CL is under refurbishment.

We had the same room assigned to us for our 11 day trip last December. Same problems, we did not sleep at all the first night. I called for a room change immediately in the early morning. The central office sent me ear plugs(what a joke) and tried to move me to the BC but not a CL floor but I would still have access. I finally went to the YC CL manager at 7 am. She was wonderful. She moved us to my original requested room on my third day, gave us a room credit. That room 5171 is in a horrible location. Never call the front desk, it goes to a call center. Go right to the YC CL manager. They know what to do. The vets on the board were very helpful to me when I first complained at 5 AM that morning. They knew who to contact and what to do.

We had the same room assigned to us for our 11 day trip last December. Same problems, we did not sleep at all the first night. I called for a room change immediately in the early morning. The central office sent me ear plugs(what a joke) and tried to move me to the BC but not a CL floor but I would still have access. I finally went to the YC CL manager at 7 am. She was wonderful. She moved us to my original requested room on my third day, gave us a room credit. That room 5171 is in a horrible location. Never call the front desk, it goes to a call center. Go right to the YC CL manager. They know what to do. The vets on the board were very helpful to me when I first complained at 5 AM that morning. They knew who to contact and what to do.

We complained to the CL Concierge that was on duty and she finally got it changed that night - it was a pain to move but there was no way we would be able to sleep - especially since it was extended hours at Epcot that first night!

It's funny - when we got into the room I mentioned to my husband that the coffee by the Keurig was OLD - it was all 50th anniversary coffee. Sure enough - the new room is stocked with the 100th anniversary cups!

When we get home I'll take some time to post on the main YC/BC thread because any of the 171 rooms will be the same! (and I'm guessing the 1st room on the other side of the elevator has the same issue.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter