Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Got this note today. I have CR king Tower Club in June, GF RPC standard in Dec, and a 2 BR CR suite in Dec. All look the same right now, but maaaaybe they’re finally going to put in more accurate Tower Club desceriptions soon…?

I got this email today too. I have CR standard tower club room and garden/water view YC rooms booked for this summer.

I’m guessing it’s meant for the CR room but it still looks the same on MDE.

Got this note today. I have CR king Tower Club in June, GF RPC standard in Dec, and a 2 BR CR suite in Dec. All look the same right now, but maaaaybe they’re finally going to put in more accurate Tower Club desceriptions soon…?
There was a small write up this morning on WDW Magic….

Disney simplifies room naming categories at Walt Disney World resort hotels

Disney is renaming its resort hotel categories at Walt Disney World to provide a more straightforward description of the various room options.

In most cases, Walt Disney World deluxe hotels will now offer three categories of rooms - resort view, water view, and theme park view.

Existing room categories include lagoon view, pool view, marina view, standard view, and more.

There was a small write up this morning on WDW Magic….

Disney simplifies room naming categories at Walt Disney World resort hotels

Disney is renaming its resort hotel categories at Walt Disney World to provide a more straightforward description of the various room options.

In most cases, Walt Disney World deluxe hotels will now offer three categories of rooms - resort view, water view, and theme park view.

Existing room categories include lagoon view, pool view, marina view, standard view, and more.
Saw that! Was probably about my GF room (standard view booked). Thanks!

We just returned late Saturday night from an AKL CL stay. It was myself, dh, dd23 (this trip was her college graduation gift) and ds21, and we had a fantastic time! CM’s throughout the resort were wonderful, minus the very rude young woman at check in. CL CM’s were generally friendly and attentive. Francisco was absolutely amazing and went above and beyond every day to make us feel pampered. He is just such a kind gentleman. Housekeeping was so professional and friendly and asked repeatedly if everything was to our liking, etc.

CL food was very good and they offered a good variety. My husband has to eat very low carb for health reasons and there was plenty for him to eat, which also means that there were plenty of options that naturally do not contain gluten, for anyone curious. Wine was pour it yourself during the 5-7 time frame, which I appreciated. They served 3 reds and 3 whites. Our favorite was the Pinotage. My dd23 did mention feeling that the food was not replenished very well and I would agree. During the busier times of day we found it somewhat difficult to find a table, which is particularly important when some of the rooms are so far away from the lounge. They really do need to prioritize finding a way to fit some more tables.

We stayed in a two bedroom CL suite, room 2481, which is near the pool. The suite was in great condition. One of our balconies had a perfect savanna view, and the other had a combo of a savanna view and a view of the animal overlook just off the savanna. This location is the closest possible location to the lobby for this specific room type and the walk probably took us 3 minutes, max. We also had quick and easy access to the pool bar from our room. We were thrilled with the suite itself as well as its location and views. The suite was extremely spacious with lot of closet space and three bathrooms (one was a half bath). We saw so many animals every single day, no mater what time of day we were out there. We are not park renegades and we spend a lot of time at the resort relaxing. I have read so many people report that they didn’t see many animals and thankfully this was not our experience at all. Our second floor location was amazing since the animals were so nearby. The price difference for us between booking two savanna view rooms and this suite was not large and was well worth it.

We had dinner at Jiko. Our server was a sommelier, so that made the dinner a lot of fun for us. The meal itself was fantastic. Dinner at Boma was nowhere near as good as we had remembered it. We remembered there being more selection. I’m sure we just aren’t recalling correctly, but we were nonplussed. We are adventurous eaters, so we liked the type of food they serve, but it was also so chaotic and loud. We had a wonderful server at Victoria Falls one night; I wish I could remember her name to give her a shout out. The wine sampler might be responsible for the trouble I’m having retrieving that info, lol.

@trishadono thank you for the tip to look for Francisco; I probably would have known he looked familiar but not been able to place where I knew him from. He was SO excited that we remembered him!

We just returned late Saturday night from an AKL CL stay. It was myself, dh, dd23 (this trip was her college graduation gift) and ds21, and we had a fantastic time! CM’s throughout the resort were wonderful, minus the very rude young woman at check in. CL CM’s were generally friendly and attentive. Francisco was absolutely amazing and went above and beyond every day to make us feel pampered. He is just such a kind gentleman. Housekeeping was so professional and friendly and asked repeatedly if everything was to our liking, etc.

CL food was very good and they offered a good variety. My husband has to eat very low carb for health reasons and there was plenty for him to eat, which also means that there were plenty of options that naturally do not contain gluten, for anyone curious. Wine was pour it yourself during the 5-7 time frame, which I appreciated. They served 3 reds and 3 whites. Our favorite was the Pinotage. My dd23 did mention feeling that the food was not replenished very well and I would agree. During the busier times of day we found it somewhat difficult to find a table, which is particularly important when some of the rooms are so far away from the lounge. They really do need to prioritize finding a way to fit some more tables.

We stayed in a two bedroom CL suite, room 2481, which is near the pool. The suite was in great condition. One of our balconies had a perfect savanna view, and the other had a combo of a savanna view and a view of the animal overlook just off the savanna. This location is the closest possible location to the lobby for this specific room type and the walk probably took us 3 minutes, max. We also had quick and easy access to the pool bar from our room. We were thrilled with the suite itself as well as its location and views. The suite was extremely spacious with lot of closet space and three bathrooms (one was a half bath). We saw so many animals every single day, no mater what time of day we were out there. We are not park renegades and we spend a lot of time at the resort relaxing. I have read so many people report that they didn’t see many animals and thankfully this was not our experience at all. Our second floor location was amazing since the animals were so nearby. The price difference for us between booking two savanna view rooms and this suite was not large and was well worth it.

We had dinner at Jiko. Our server was a sommelier, so that made the dinner a lot of fun for us. The meal itself was fantastic. Dinner at Boma was nowhere near as good as we had remembered it. We remembered there being more selection. I’m sure we just aren’t recalling correctly, but we were nonplussed. We are adventurous eaters, so we liked the type of food they serve, but it was also so chaotic and loud. We had a wonderful server at Victoria Falls one night; I wish I could remember her name to give her a shout out. The wine sampler might be responsible for the trouble I’m having retrieving that info, lol.

@trishadono thank you for the tip to look for Francisco; I probably would have known he looked familiar but not been able to place where I knew him from. He was SO excited that we remembered him!
You are welcome. I agree, with the long walk to lounge, add more seating!

Glad you have a great family trip! It gets harder to do as they get older.

Anyone been to wilderness lodge lately? Wondering what their offerings are. Thinking about trying it next year

Anyone been to wilderness lodge lately? Wondering what their offerings are. Thinking about trying it next year
I was just there about a month ago and posted pics when we got back (around April 20 if you want to look back in this thread, not sure if Page 1 is keeping up with links of reviews/pics). We enjoyed it!

Edit to add: my pics started on page 2003, I believe.

Any word on whether the deluxe CL rooms and suites at BWI have been refurbed/reopened?
I’m not sure about the Deluxe rooms, I think at least some of them might be done. But the suites are still fairly far from being complete. I heard late June as a possible reopening. There were crews actively working on them while we were there, and you could see they were still down to the studs, so it definitely wasn’t close to being done.

The garden cottages also looked like they wouldn’t be used for some time as they were housing the big lifts in their courtyards as they do the outdoor painting/maintenance. Beyond moving the lifts, the landscaping beds will need some TLC.

I’m not sure about the Deluxe rooms, I think at least some of them might be done. But the suites are still fairly far from being complete. I heard late June as a possible reopening. There were crews actively working on them while we were there, and you could see they were still down to the studs, so it definitely wasn’t close to being done.

The garden cottages also looked like they wouldn’t be used for some time as they were housing the big lifts in their courtyards as they do the outdoor painting/maintenance. Beyond moving the lifts, the landscaping beds will need some TLC.
We have a deluxe room booked for end of May and have not been contacted so I am assuming it’s still good.

I’m pretty sure someone ( @trishadono??) confirmed that homemade chips were back in the afternoons at Tower Club (CR)— we’re they also at the Atrium Club?

If you had to choose between Club Level at the Yacht Club (Water View Room) and Boardwalk (Garden Cottage with Club Level Access) what would YOU choose. (BW is $1000 more)

(Grand Floridian is not available., Contemporary IS available but DH doesn't like the hotel)

• It's DH and I only. HIS last stay was at the GF RPC pre-covid. He LOVES The GF and club level there.
  • We are meeting friends and doing a VIP Tour one day which will knock out most of the headliners (except we won't do RISE on tour as it's a time such for the $$).
  • Time in the Lounge will be important - good food, good atmosphere
  • He is not an early morning person naturally and I want the walkability/closeness to a park
  • AND it's our first vacation together in a long time (most of my Disney trips since COVID have been solo/ girlfriends meet up)
PS - Contemporary Atrium club is available and is same as the Yacht club - so my TA is holding it for me in case my DH changes his mind about his love of the Contemporary)

If you had to choose between Club Level at the Yacht Club (Water View Room) and Boardwalk (Garden Cottage with Club Level Access) what would YOU choose. (BW is $1000 more)

(Grand Floridian is not available., Contemporary IS available but DH doesn't like the hotel)

• It's DH and I only. HIS last stay was at the GF RPC pre-covid. He LOVES The GF and club level there.
  • We are meeting friends and doing a VIP Tour one day which will knock out most of the headliners (except we won't do RISE on tour as it's a time such for the $$).
  • Time in the Lounge will be important - good food, good atmosphere
  • He is not an early morning person naturally and I want the walkability/closeness to a park
  • AND it's our first vacation together in a long time (most of my Disney trips since COVID have been solo/ girlfriends meet up)
PS - Contemporary Atrium club is available and is same as the Yacht club - so my TA is holding it for me in case my DH changes his mind about his love of the Contemporary)
In my opinion, YC WV is very nice especially when it is $1000 less. Food and CM's are great, nice view of the lake and pool plus Epcot fireworks. Big balcony. Rooms are clean with no rugs on the floors, nice to watch the action 5 floors up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter