Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

You can no longer go out on the balconies, they are locked.

ADA code issue due to transition in floor level, also we heard that possibly inspection comment was made that the balconies were not designed for live loads.
Thanks for clarifying. That's interesting, or terrifying, considering how often I've been out there.

Thanks for clarifying. That's interesting, or terrifying, considering how often I've been out there.
Edited my reply, I think the comment was if the balcony got extremely crowded, not that they should ever be used.

It was made clear by two CMs that they were to be kept off limits.

Advice from anyone who has stayed at one or both recently. I’m trying to decide if I should stick with CR Atrium Club for our entire stay this summer or split stay with the YC CL.
Initially booked a longer week long trip bc we planned on doing a split stay. Due to all the crazy lack of CL availability this summer ended up with just a regular CR TPV room. Then switched to Atrium Club when those were just recently released. Was very excited with that and thought we were all set now, however, was just recently finally able to get a YC CL room (with a great discount) for the last two nights of the trip.

CR is usually our favorite hotel and really the only ding on it is the blah pool for a pre-teen/young teen. I’m afraid that we might be at CR for too long and our main goal for switching to YC would be for SAB, especially for check-out day.
Is the hassle of switching worth it? We’ve never stayed club at CR before and have seen some comments that their food offerings are a weak spot??

We’ve done a few YC/ CR splits. YC CL has been our favorite room for about 20 years. We only started staying at CR the last few years. We have only stayed Tower Club tho, not atrium. We like the food at YC better, it’s more to our taste. There is plenty of food at CR, just that YC is more foods & seasonings we normally eat. I also like that I can skip buses & get to 2 parks without having to rely on Disney transportation.

We don’t find split stays to be too inconvenient. It’s my husband & me, so we have 2 suitcases. I try to put clothes for both of us for first half in 1 suitcase, 2nd stay in the other. On transfer day, dirty clothes go in the 1st case. I keep toiletries in zip lock bags so i put the bags out & then just zip up & toss in a suitcase. Bell services will transfer luggage, although it can be anywhere from 1-5 pm before it’s at the 2nd hotel. We have bell services transfer them, go to our park for the day & return to the 2nd hotel in the afternoon. Of you want your stuff sooner, you can ride share to YC & leave them with bell services there.

For a kid, SAB is so much fun. There are shower rooms nearby that are convenient if you’re swimming after check out. I think split stays are a good way to check out a new resort, you might find a new favorite. That’s what happened when after more than 25 years of Disney vacation, we finally tried CR.

Thanks. Your tip about how to split the suitcases is a great idea. I always split suitcases by person, but your idea is perfect for a split stay. I’ll definitely try it.
YC is our close 2nd favorite to CR. We usually do split stay btwn them, but usually a regular room at CR and CL at YC as an end of the trip treat. We haven’t gotten to do YC CL since COVID. I agree that the breakfast sounds better at YC. More typical breakfast foods (ie. no coddled eggs), but dinner sounds a little more gourmet at CR. We’ve done it both ways, but prefer the ride share over. Our room has NEVER been ready early at YC though. SAB is tempting for the final checkout day so we don’t bother with a park. I remember there being a small bathroom at YC CL, am I correct?

Thanks. Your tip about how to split the suitcases is a great idea. I always split suitcases by person, but your idea is perfect for a split stay. I’ll definitely try it.
YC is our close 2nd favorite to CR. We usually do split stay btwn them, but usually a regular room at CR and CL at YC as an end of the trip treat. We haven’t gotten to do YC CL since COVID. I agree that the breakfast sounds better at YC. More typical breakfast foods (ie. no coddled eggs), but dinner sounds a little more gourmet at CR. We’ve done it both ways, but prefer the ride share over. Our room has NEVER been ready early at YC though. SAB is tempting for the final checkout day so we don’t bother with a park. I remember there being a small bathroom at YC CL, am I correct?

Yes, it’s right across the hall.

Correct it’s right outside the lounge. YC CL is my favorite also. Food usually pretty good on a 3 day rotation plus I love eating on the balcony. Everything is well stocked including ice cream and beverages.

Your tip about how to split the suitcases is a great idea. I always split suitcases by person, but your idea is perfect for a split stay.

I always did by person too. Then on one trip home, 1 suitcase didn’t get home til the next day. I started thinking, what if that was on the way to Disney. One of us could be without clothes & the other has everything. So I started packing half in each & found it works great for split stay too.

I always did by person too. Then on one trip home, 1 suitcase didn’t get home til the next day. I started thinking, what if that was on the way to Disney. One of us could be without clothes & the other has everything. So I started packing half in each & found it works great for split stay too.
Gosh, I never thought about that. What a good point & a good idea! 😀 👍

Quick question about BC club level. We stayed at BWI club level last year, but no availability for our trip this June. Has anyone heard when BC club level lounge is reopening? The refurb started April 15th I believe. I'm hesitant to book it if there's a change they won't be reopened by June 10th. Thanks!

Quick question about BC club level. We stayed at BWI club level last year, but no availability for our trip this June. Has anyone heard when BC club level lounge is reopening? The refurb started April 15th I believe. I'm hesitant to book it if there's a change they won't be reopened by June 10th. Thanks!
There was a notice or story that went out about that not too long ago, but from what I’ve heard and seen on this board, the CL is open. I know rooms seem to be open for booking. Can any recent visitors confirm that?

Last edited:
What about one night? Would I be crazy to switch over to another CL just for the last night?

Edited to add that as I’ve rethought this, I probably would be crazy to do it.

What about CR CL—recent opinions? I’ve been following @2vets and @trishadono recent photos.

Last edited:
ADA code issue due to transition in floor level, also we heard that possibly inspection comment was made that the balconies were not designed for extreme live loads.
This seems like someone in Disney is misinterpreting the code. As an existing building, current accessibility requirements do not necessarily need to be applied per the existing building code, only 20% of the value of the renovation should go towards increasing accessibility, there is nothing in the code that stipulates closing areas that were designed to previous codes due to accessibility. Now granted maybe the EPCOT code differs from the IBC for this, but then why haven't other areas been shut down for this reason?

As for the live load, recent codes have increased the live load for balconies and decks, which I suspect is where this has been misinterpreted. However, if the balcony was designed per previous code required live loads (which maybe it wasn't...but that's a huge oversight on Disney's part), it would still be fine today since the increase in balcony live loads is limited to 100psf, which is historically what a balcony in an assembly area would be designed for anyways. Or perhaps the balcony was originally designed to be a guest room so was designed for a lower load? :confused3

We'll be there in a few months and I'm tempted to dig into this further...sometimes it's a problem being a structural engineer and in code enforcement. :rotfl:

What about one night? Would I be crazy to switch over to another CL just for the last night?

What about CR CL—recent options? I’ve been following @2vets and @trishadono recent photos.
I have done so many odd splits lol. Often we book last minute and slim pickings!

If you are ok without a room 11-3 then it works. Sometimes you can get a late check out, sometimes check in early. Gf/bc split last year we couldn’t get a late checkout and waiting at BC for 4.5 hours they refused to give us a different room, made us wait to what was assigned. It was at the end of a hall and last to be cleaned. With park hopping we couldnt get in a park until 2p and assumed are room ready soon so waited, and waited.

However most times it does work smoothly. That split was non cl.

Cl late check in is def easier. We tend to RD in the morning then Uber to 2nd resort around 11a so we have access to our things. That has worked well for us.

What about CR CL—recent opinions? I’ve been following @2vets and @trishadono recent photos.
I’ve done many split stays with just one night at the second hotel. Most recently did it with beach club club level. It’s a fun way to try out a new hotels

I have done so many odd splits lol. Often we book last minute and slim pickings!

If you are ok without a room 11-3 then it works. Sometimes you can get a late check out, sometimes check in early. Gf/bc split last year we couldn’t get a late checkout and waiting at BC for 4.5 hours they refused to give us a different room, made us wait to what was assigned. It was at the end of a hall and last to be cleaned. With park hopping we couldnt get in a park until 2p and assumed are room ready soon so waited, and waited.

However most times it does work smoothly. That split was non cl.

Cl late check in is def easier. We tend to RD in the morning then Uber to 2nd resort around 11a so we have access to our things. That has worked well for us.
I was thinking one night at the poly cl. Too bad I can’t take my luggage on the monorail 😂 Not sure it’s worth a different pool for the hassle of moving and possibly waiting on the room for a LONG time. We’ve had some of those long waits at YC.

I know you are a frequent CR ‘er. What do you think of their CL?

I was thinking one night at the poly cl. Too bad I can’t take my luggage on the monorail 😂 Not sure it’s worth a different pool for the hassle of moving and possibly waiting on the room for a LONG time. We’ve had some of those long waits at YC.

I know you are a frequent CR ‘er. What do you think of their CL?
I have really enjoyed it! They really have a good staff currently. Having 8 different personalities for the bachelorette party, well you discover the lounge has something for everyone. I had 2 stays at poly Sept and Dec and really struggled in the evening and was surprised how lacking breakfast was as well compared to others.

CR is nice because you :don’t have to worry about your view, know you’ll get a balcony, lounge is convenient when getting off elevator to take to rooms on either side, they have the water dispenser which is accessible at night , and I really enjoy the big pots of food so you can take a little or a lot!

The castle view is nice and with 3 balconies not a problem finding a spot.

They actually have a lot of snacks midday too, Grapes, apples, uncrustables, hummus , chips both bagged and 3 kinds of the house made chips, cookies and candy ! Oh and a bowl of whole fruit.

My only issue is no mug or glassware in the room. GF has it and they all used to. I take some from the lounge and wash and reuse as needed. I hide in closet so the maid doesn’t take it. 👍 Coffee in a MUG. Water in a glass! 😂

I have really enjoyed it! They really have a good staff currently. Having 8 different personalities for the bachelorette party, well you discover the lounge has something for everyone. I had 2 stays at poly Sept and Dec and really struggled in the evening and was surprised how lacking breakfast was as well compared to others.

CR is nice because you :don’t have to worry about your view, know you’ll get a balcony, lounge is convenient when getting off elevator to take to rooms on either side, they have the water dispenser which is accessible at night , and I really enjoy the big pots of food so you can take a little or a lot!

The castle view is nice and with 3 balconies not a problem finding a spot.

They actually have a lot of snacks midday too, Grapes, apples, uncrustables, hummus , chips both bagged and 3 kinds of the house made chips, cookies and candy ! Oh and a bowl of whole fruit.

My only issue is no mug or glassware in the room. GF has it and they all used to. I take some from the lounge and wash and reuse as needed. I hide in closet so the maid doesn’t take it. 👍 Coffee in a MUG. Water in a glass! 😂
I love your tips. I need my coffee in a mug too.
Thanks for all the info. I followed your recent pics closely. Despite STILL serving coddled eggs, there does seem to be a wide array of choices. I really like the idea that the room is open and h2o is available all the time. I doubt I’ll pop over at 2 a.m. but I like the idea that it’s not locked at 10 p.m. like YC CL and some others. Looking at pics and reviews, it does seem like POLY food isn’t up to the other lounges. A yummy breakfast is important to us. I certainly don’t mind popping down to Contempo on coddled egg day and supplementing by bring up an order of mickey waffles. 😉 Maybe by next month they’ll serve normal scrambled eggs. 🤞 whatever it lacks in looks and more resort-style vibes, CR always gets me with its convenience. Glad to hear the staff is good as well. Is the food on about a 3 day rotation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter