Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I had to move our upcoming trip because my daughter is sick and I’m worried she won’t be better when we leave. I had originally booked an atrium club standard room and a tower level room was available for our new dates for king standard room. Anything I should know about this room? Is this a better option? It’s ok to just have the king bed we still used a pack n play for our daughter.

I had to move our upcoming trip because my daughter is sick and I’m worried she won’t be better when we leave. I had originally booked an atrium club standard room and a tower level room was available for our new dates for king standard room. Anything I should know about this room? Is this a better option? It’s ok to just have the king bed we still used a pack n play for our daughter.

There are two of them, 4911 and 4912 - both face the MK. They are right next to the lounge, just steps away. The rooms themselves are basically identical, with a few nuances:

4911 - One side is the lounge back-of-house prep area, the other side is 4912 (with a connecting door). You can occasionally hear commotion from the service area, but this isn’t overly material IMO. This room only has a shower, no tub.

4912 - This room has connecting doors to the rooms on both sides, if you have noisy neighbors it’s not the most soundproof setup. This room has both a shower and a tub.

Plenty of room for a pack-n-play, in my opinion. Probably a good time to book this room now while your DD is too young to count for the occupancy limit as they only sleep 2 people.

The combination of the connecting doors and proximity to the lounge does at times create some extra noise in both rooms. I don’t consider this a fatal flaw of these rooms, but just a minor/moderate observation, in my humble opinion.

For better or worse Disney likes to scrub the floors in the lounge/elevator area overnight, typically 12-1’ish. It doesn’t last all that long but I’ve been woken up by it a few times as both rooms are close enough to hear whatever machine they use. I typically roll up a towel and put by the room door as there’s a bit of a gap.

I wouldn’t not book that room type due to the above (certainly doesn’t stop me), but just trying to give a full picture in case a concern. Obviously it’s a hard to find a room in any hotel totally devoid of noise.

Hope your daughter feels better soon.

There are two of them, 4911 and 4912 - both face the MK. They are right next to the lounge, just steps away. The rooms themselves are basically identical, with a few nuances:

4911 - One side is the lounge back-of-house prep area, the other side is 4912 (with a connecting door). You can occasionally hear commotion from the service area, but this isn’t overly material IMO. This room only has a shower, no tub.

4912 - This room has connecting doors to the rooms on both sides, if you have noisy neighbors it’s not the most soundproof setup. This room has both a shower and a tub.

Plenty of room for a pack-n-play, in my opinion. Probably a good time to book this room now while your DD is too young to count for the occupancy limit as they only sleep 2 people.

The combination of the connecting doors and proximity to the lounge does at times create some extra noise in both rooms. I don’t consider this a fatal flaw of these rooms, but just a minor/moderate observation, in my humble opinion.

For better or worse Disney likes to scrub the floors in the lounge/elevator area overnight, typically 12-1’ish. It doesn’t last all that long but I’ve been woken up by it a few times as both rooms are close enough to hear whatever machine they use. I typically roll up a towel and put by the room door as there’s a bit of a gap.

I wouldn’t not book that room type due to the above (certainly doesn’t stop me), but just trying to give a full picture in case a concern. Obviously it’s a hard to find a room in any hotel totally devoid of noise.

Hope your daughter feels better soon.
Thank you! So a standard room has the magic kingdom view? I would have thought that’s bay lake. I modified my existing reservation and had called to make a request for a bath tub for my daughter. Would that still be on it or would I need to call again to have that request remain?

Thank you for telling me about the noise. It may be a reason to switch to atrium club since our daughter goes to sleep around 8 and I’m also a light sleeper

Thank you! So a standard room has the magic kingdom view? I would have thought that’s bay lake. I modified my existing reservation and had called to make a request for a bath tub for my daughter. Would that still be on it or would I need to call again to have that request remain?

Thank you for telling me about the noise. It may be a reason to switch to atrium club since our daughter goes to sleep around 8 and I’m also a light sleeper

If we’re talking about the room labeled “Standard Room - King - Club Level” on Disney’s website (and should be on your reservation), then yes, both face the MK.

If this were me I’d call DSS and note the request for a tub again, or specifically request 4912. Something like “traveling with infant, request tub/Room 4912.”

If the tub is super critical (which I totally get, it would have been for us when ours were young) obviously this is a pretty high risk booking as with only two rooms you could easily get the one without a tub.

It sounds like I’m being super picky about noise and I’m really not (I swear!) but the Tower Club floor does have the benefit of being on a self-contained/closed off floor not open to below like the Atrium Club floor and occasional noise drifting up from Chef Mickey’s and other 4th floor action below. Again, I’m slicing the onion really thin with all of these opinions/preferences, but Tower would get my vote.

HTH!

If we’re talking about the room labeled “Standard Room - King - Club Level” on Disney’s website (and should be on your reservation), then yes, both face the MK.

If this were me I’d call DSS and note the request for a tub again, or specifically request 4912. Something like “traveling with infant, request tub/Room 4912.”

If the tub is super critical (which I totally get, it would have been for us when ours were young) obviously this is a pretty high risk booking as with only two rooms you could easily get the one without a tub.

It sounds like I’m being super picky about noise and I’m really not (I swear!) but the Tower Club floor does have the benefit of being on a self-contained/closed off floor not open to below like the Atrium Club floor and occasional noise drifting up from Chef Mickey’s and other 4th floor action below. Again, I’m slicing the onion really thin with all of these opinions/preferences, but Tower would get my vote.

HTH!
I really appreciate it! It’s interesting on the website it says views of either magic kingdom or bay lake. And yes that’s what my reservation says. I’ll call to readd the requests. I don’t like noise at all maybe I’ll bring a sound machine or something. I know this level is harder to get so I don’t want to switch because of that lol

This is the bathroom in 4912. The tub is pretty deep & not really convenient IMO. I’m 5’2 & just used the shower. But I remember thinking I would have a hard getting in or out & glad it was a room for 2 because of how hard it would be to bathe a child in there. Now if you’re taller or the child is a little bigger, it’s probably fine.

521E86B4-E369-444E-B292-4D54E8212267.jpeg

This is the bathroom in 4912. The tub is pretty deep & not really convenient IMO. I’m 5’2 & just used the shower. But I remember thinking I would have a hard getting in or out & glad it was a room for 2 because of how hard it would be to bathe a child in there. Now if you’re taller or the child is a little bigger, it’s probably fine.

View attachment 733603

Yeah, I found this layout so odd. The tub has a sliding glass door but no shower - what is the reason for the sliding glass door? Keep a kid from crawling out? Maybe there’s a logical reason that I don’t understand?

And while I appreciate that both of King rooms don’t have wall-mounted toiletries (still not really sure why?), there’s no shelf/ledge in that shower above, just that little entry lip area. No where to put a bar of soap, razor, shampoo, etc. At least the shower in 4911 has a shelf built into the wall, which makes way more sense.

View attachment 733603
Thanks for the picture! I think these tubs are just what contemporary has now. I stayed in a normal room back in May and had the tub for my baby and it was super deep and a little awkward and she was much smaller then lol. But she’s never actually been in a shower and I’m not sure how I’d bathe her in one I don’t think she’d like the water hitting her head

@GADisneyDad14 one other thing. Should I try and keep an eye out for the standard view with two queens to become available? Are those quieter and worth the switch?

I don’t have direct experience with that room type so can’t speak from experience - sorry! Someone was posting about these rooms several pages back, but I can’t remember who it was? Maybe a search will show something?

Those rooms are further down the hallways so won’t have lounge or cleaning noise. I ‘think’ they all have connecting doors to adjacent rooms, that’s hard to avoid on Tower Club since they pretty much all connect.

One of the 2Qs has accessible features (eg, a roll-in shower) that some may not find favorable compared to a normal room.

Hopefully those with direct experience will chime in as well. That room type does not get discussed frequently and only recently started showing up on the website as an option (you used to have to call).

I don’t have direct experience with that room type so can’t speak from experience - sorry! Someone was posting about these rooms several pages back, but I can’t remember who it was? Maybe a search will show something?

Those rooms are further down the hallways so won’t have lounge or cleaning noise. I ‘think’ they all have connecting doors to adjacent rooms, that’s hard to avoid on Tower Club since they pretty much all connect.

One of the 2Qs has accessible features (eg, a roll-in shower) that some may not find favorable compared to a normal room.

Hopefully those with direct experience will chime in as well. That room type does not get discussed frequently and only recently started showing up on the website as an option (you used to have to call).
I noticed lately everything that never showed up before now can be booked online. I wouldn’t want an accessible room. Both the king rooms are regular rooms?

Thanks for the picture! I think these tubs are just what contemporary has now. I stayed in a normal room back in May and had the tub for my baby and it was super deep and a little awkward and she was much smaller then lol. But she’s never actually been in a shower and I’m not sure how I’d bathe her in one I don’t think she’d like the water hitting her head
How small are we talking? If she's small enough to fit, it might work to simply bathe her in the sink. The sinks are pretty big, and a sponge bath kind of bath might be plenty to clean her up. Maybe have her sit on a small bathmat (if you can pack a small one) or a hand towel. By bathmat I mean the inexpensive, small foam/sponge kind.

(Oh how funny...I searched up sponge bath mats to see if places still sold them and now my banner ads are all for diapers and baby stuff!)

How small are we talking? If she's small enough to fit, it might work to simply bathe her in the sink. The sinks are pretty big, and a sponge bath kind of bath might be plenty to clean her up. Maybe have her sit on a small bathmat (if you can pack a small one) or a hand towel. By bathmat I mean the inexpensive, small foam/sponge kind.

(Oh how funny...I searched up sponge bath mats to see if places still sold them and now my banner ads are all for diapers and baby stuff!)
Oh definitely not lol. She’s 2 now and 97% in height. We took her a couple weeks after she turned 2 and got lots of questions if she was 3 lol. Gotta love retargeting ads lol

First ever CL stay started tonight (at Beach Club). Very unimpressive so far, following not getting a pre arrival phone call.

Maybe this is standard CL practice now, but I got no welcome letter, in room gift, concierge contact info, welcome drink, or dessert after 9:30 when they let the paltry spread run out. No system here to easily take any water from the club to your room, either.

I’m reserving judgement until I see how other times of day are tomorrow, but so far, so meh.

First ever CL stay started tonight (at Beach Club). Very unimpressive so far, following not getting a pre arrival phone call.

Maybe this is standard CL practice now, but I got no welcome letter, in room gift, concierge contact info, welcome drink, or dessert after 9:30 when they let the paltry spread run out. No system here to easily take any water from the club to your room, either.

I’m reserving judgement until I see how other times of day are tomorrow, but so far, so meh.
I’m so sorry to hear about your disappointing first day. I hope things turnaround. Let us know how breakfast and apps go tomorrow. Hopefully today was just a glitch. 🤞 🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter