Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

@jemtx

I like (all) CL very much but if I had to pick one resort to do without, I'd probably pick Poly.

Food choices are not optimal for me, and there is easy access to other food sources on resort grounds (or use monorail). Can't watch the fireworks from the lounge, but can watch from the beach. Also probably the best themed resort in Disney, regardless of room category.
we have only stayed at the poly once in 40 trips to wdw in dec 1993, our DD's 1st trip; we stayed in the concierge; i am trying to remember, so please tell me if my memory is shot; wasn't the longhouse called tonga and the king kamehameha lounge was in the main lobby opposite the checkin desks? i know the CMs were there but i think i remember thats where the food was as well?

we have only stayed at the poly once in 40 trips to wdw in dec 1993, our DD's 1st trip; we stayed in the concierge; i am trying to remember, so please tell me if my memory is shot; wasn't the longhouse called tonga and the king kamehameha lounge was in the main lobby opposite the checkin desks? i know the CMs were there but i think i remember thats where the food was as well?
I'm not sure about the longhouse but the lounge was definitely in the GC House.

We are heading to WL CL for a long Easter weekend (4/6 to 4/10). It’s been about 8 years since we have been at the Old Faithful Club since we fell in love with BWI but we are looking forward to the return! Two questions:
1. I read somewhere that CL guests can use the Minnie Vans for transportation to the airport. Can it be used both ways? If so, do we arrange that through Signature Services?
2. Any recent pics or reviews of the CL offerings on this thread you could direct me to?

Thanks!
In response to #2: https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-questions.3414590/post-64469569
Hope your stay is great!

When we stayed in Tonga the hot food was in the Hawaii building. There were light snacks in the suites longhouse. This was in 2015.

tikimanpages on FB used to have info on that. The lounge def was in the main lobby but I can't remember where the rooms were.

Sorry you didn’t get the call, but I hope you have a wonderful CL stay!
You will be fine. Once you get to your resort, see seek the greeter at the main entrance door to bring you up to club level. At the YC it was Tom, I don’t know the name at the BC. Once you’re up stairs, see the concierge to set up your magicband, room etc…get a welcome drink and use the club level snacks etc.. while they check on your room. They will get you what ever you want to drink such as beer, wine or sparkling wine. Have fun!

@jemtx

I like (all) CL very much but if I had to pick one resort to do without, I'd probably pick Poly.

Food choices are not optimal for me, and there is easy access to other food sources on resort grounds (or use monorail). Can't watch the fireworks from the lounge, but can watch from the beach. Also probably the best themed resort in Disney, regardless of room category.
I feel like the Poly CL is very polarizing. From reading the boards over the years, you either love it or hate it, there is no in between. We have stayed club level at BC YC and Poly and LOVE the poly. The offerings are a little different because of the theming, more Asian inspired I would say, but you can't beat the location. Also, there's nothing more convenient than laying by the pool and being right next to the Hawaii building for a quick beer refill and snack. I truly feel transported when I'm at the Poly between the smells, the landscaping, tiki torches. It's a total vibe.

I feel like the Poly CL is very polarizing. From reading the boards over the years, you either love it or hate it, there is no in between. We have stayed club level at BC YC and Poly and LOVE the poly. The offerings are a little different because of the theming, more Asian inspired I would say, but you can't beat the location. Also, there's nothing more convenient than laying by the pool and being right next to the Hawaii building for a quick beer refill and snack. I truly feel transported when I'm at the Poly between the smells, the landscaping, tiki torches. It's a total vibe.
I agree it does seems like people love it or never want to stay there again—no between. Thanks for your perspective—the location does seem perfect.

Returning to Club Level in less than 2 weeks! Finally going to experience the Chronos Club at Gran Destino/Coronado. Has anyone been recently? Hoping the offerings are decent. I was originally at WL and then found a cheaper rate at Coronado including CL so decided to make the switch. Love the property and I'm an early bird so missing out on evening hours isn't a big deal for me. Transportation has never been an issue for me....if I'm not in the mood for buses I grab an Uber (expect to MK of course).
We have been to CSR staying club level 2X, really, really love it and the staff. The buses were always totally fine, the food and beverages offered were great. Breakfast is really good whether you want to eat pretty clean or not, many options. Enjoy, we aren't going back until XMas 23, or later.

The bungalows are DVC...it's really a house, not a hotel room. If you aren't going to take advantage of the full kitchen, living room, laundry, etc then as nice as they are, it's not a cost that sounds "worth it" given your touring style.

Go with the CR CL for now, and if you want something decadent at Poly try calling/stalking for a CL suite there instead of a regular CL room. Or really, a CL suite anywhere, that's going to give you a larger space that fits your touring style better.
While I don't think the bungalows are worth the asking price, and do not cook when visiting WDW, we greatly appreciate having a full fridge and a real dining space (table) in our hotel room whenever we have one.

It is nice to open the fridge and just have space for a pizza box, a bottle of milk, and a freezer to freeze cold packs. Over the summer we lucked out and got a suite at the Swan Reserve. It still only had the mini-fridge and no microwave, but the extra space was fantastic. Everyone had plenty of space and outlets to charge their devices. We also loved having a large table in the room. It is just nice when everyone has room to sit while we discuss our next move.

One thing I loved about the prior Contemporary rooms was the glass desk/shelves. When we return to our room, we always seem to have lots of stuff we wish to quickly put down somewhere: bags, jackets, maybe a drink or some food. Over the summer we stayed at a hotel that had a wall of wall hooks and it was brilliant!

We also always appreciate having access to silverware, a microwave and coffee mugs in case we need them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter