• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Just booked WL club for our April trip. Never been to this one. So excited specially since I booked with an AP discounts. How big is the lounge for seating compared to AK? And where is the lounge located? Thanks
I much prefer the WL set up! Alcohol is first in the serving line. They have a fridge with chilled glasses for your drinks. Next up is the cold apps: cheese, meats, crackers, vegetables, etc. Then a few hot items like mushroom soup, ribs, kids hot items. Then another drink station for coffee and water. Across the way from that is bread and juices. All self serve without staff breathing down your neck.

The sitting area kind of wraps around the top of the lobby. There are chairs and tables right against the overlook so you
can watch the goings on in the lobby from your seat. This is a bit different from AKL Club where the seating is not near
the overlook and is a bit more congested. WL feels much more spread out and roomy. WL Lounge area can be loud from the noise from the lobby and Whispering Canyon. In spite of this, I tend to spend a lot more time in the WL lounge than at AK which can feel a bit cramped and crowded. However, I prefer the AK food. They are both awesome club
levels! I am hoping to get back to both this year. With how expensive CL has become, I think you still get good value
from ALK and WL club level.

I much prefer the WL set up! Alcohol is first in the serving line. They have a fridge with chilled glasses for your drinks. Next up is the cold apps: cheese, meats, crackers, vegetables, etc. Then a few hot items like mushroom soup, ribs, kids hot items. Then another drink station for coffee and water. Across the way from that is bread and juices. All self serve without staff breathing down your neck.

The sitting area kind of wraps around the top of the lobby. There are chairs and tables right against the overlook so you
can watch the goings on in the lobby from your seat. This is a bit different from AKL Club where the seating is not near
the overlook and is a bit more congested. WL feels much more spread out and roomy. WL Lounge area can be loud from the noise from the lobby and Whispering Canyon. In spite of this, I tend to spend a lot more time in the WL lounge than at AK which can feel a bit cramped and crowded. However, I prefer the AK food. They are both awesome club
levels! I am hoping to get back to both this year. With how expensive CL has become, I think you still get good value
from ALK and WL club level.
Thanks for the overview. Last August when we were at AK the lounge was packed and we had ti bring food back to the room. No chairs or tables to be had. Sounds like WL has much more.

My goal is to try all club levels. WL is one of the last. I can hardly wait.

One last question. Is there more than 1set if elevators at WL? Thanks

Morning all! Breakfast was the same this morning… French Toast Bread pudding replaced the sticky buns and there was bacon today instead of biscuits/sausage. Lounge was full this morning, all new faces.

We're booked AKL CL again for November! Do you know if Francisco is still working there? Hoping to see his happy face when we go.

I've been away from the Dis for a while. Life got busy and I'm a FL resident now! We've done a few CL stays recently. AKL for DD (was 14, now 15) b-day during the first week of December, and our first WL CL stay in November for Turk's 17th b-day.
The food offerings at WL were disappointing when we were there. I had heard good things, but it just didn't live up to its reputation. Any kitchen can have a couple of off nights, so I don't want to discourage anyone with an upcoming stay. The same foods were served both nights. The mushroom soup and mac and cheese were memorable for how bad they were. The scrambled eggs were cold at breakfast and there just really weren't as many choices as the other resorts we've stayed at. CM's were fabulous. Also our first time at WL around Christmas and it was beautiful!
AKL was as good as always. Helpful CM's. Plenty of food and variety at breakfast and in the evening.

We'll be at YC CL, just one night from 1/2-1/3. It's still my favorite and college kid will be visiting and staying with us for her first CL. I can't remember the name of the welcome drink- Captain's something?

I can't remember the name of the welcome drink- Captain's something?

I've stayed at YC CL maybe a dozen or so times and am in the camp of folks who have never been offered a welcome drink... which I have never really understood, we have kids in tow of course we need a drink! :-)

But I have read about it around here so I know it must exist for some.... just not us. :rotfl:

It was sparkling wine and strawberry juice and they made a kiddie version with Sprite. I'm usually not a fan of wine drinks/ mimosas and I liked it. Adult kid loves those things, so I figured she'd really enjoy it.

I've stayed at YC CL maybe a dozen or so times and am in the camp of folks who have never been offered a welcome drink... which I have never really understood, we have kids in tow of course we need a drink! :-)

But I have read about it around here so I know it must exist for some.... just not us. :rotfl:
I have also been at YC CL and always been offered a welcome drink. It usually is sparking wine, two weeks ago it was a raspberry sparkling wine. The greeter at the YC, Tom, brought us up and we were greeted with open arms. When you arrive see the greeter, he has the captain uniform on and have him bring you up.

The food offerings at WL were disappointing when we were there. I had heard good things, but it just didn't live up to its reputation. Any kitchen can have a couple of off nights, so I don't want to discourage anyone with an upcoming stay. The same foods were served both nights. The mushroom soup and mac and cheese were memorable for how bad they were. The scrambled eggs were cold at breakfast and there just really weren't as many choices as the other resorts we've stayed at. CM's were fabulous.
Fabulous CMs shouldn't be serving cold eggs and really bad food. I would have complained to the resort manager. Unacceptable at that price point.

I’ve now been able to secure 3 straight days in akl club level on dvc points over easter weekend :woohoo:still hoping to get incredibly lucky again and find the first night we are missing before heading to universal but still can’t wait! We have stayed at Portofino CL before but this will be our first time Disney CL and akl seems unique! Knew this thread would understand my excitement! Open to any tips from akl cl vets :)

I’ve now been able to secure 3 straight days in akl club level on dvc points over easter weekend :woohoo:still hoping to get incredibly lucky again and find the first night we are missing before heading to universal but still can’t wait! We have stayed at Portofino CL before but this will be our first time Disney CL and akl seems unique! Knew this thread would understand my excitement! Open to any tips from akl cl vets :)
I have seen enough chatter to know one difference is Disney CL has alcohol available by request all hours the club is operating. Can you get a mimosa at 7am? Yes. Yes you can! Is it wise? Well, maybe consider coffee at 7am and the mimosa come 7:30am… 😝

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter