• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We arrive in 3 weeks and my 17yo has now decided she wants to join us. I have literally been asking her at least once a week since we booked. Of course flights are almost double now but oh well, I’m just happy for her to be joining us- time with teens is rare lol

We are staying YC and she is vegetarian, is this something I should mention to them? I’ve checked out the app menu for the night we will be there thanks to PPs and it’s pot roast, pulled pork, seafood salad and chicken nuggets. Sounds perfect to me but not a thing for her.

We are staying YC and she is vegetarian, is this something I should mention to them? I’ve checked out the app menu for the night we will be there thanks to PPs and it’s pot roast, pulled pork, seafood salad and chicken nuggets. Sounds perfect to me but not a thing for her.
Yes, I would mention it. They usually have fruit, vegetables and cheese on the buffet, as well as macaroni and cheese or pasta at dinner. Some lounges have also been offering an 'impossible' selection but I haven't paid attention.

I guess I’m lost with what you are saying.
Look at the pics posted in post #37,948 of the YC CL. The way the food is served in those pics = very low risk of cross contamination. The muffins are and orange loaf are served solo with tongs for each item. Other foods are even further away. So it is a tiny possibility a person could mix up the choco chip muffin tongs w/ the orange loaf tongs, but VERY unlikely they'd pull tongs from the meat to serve themselves a muffin. YC has a thoughtful set-up. It is worlds' different from the CR images I posted of the breads/pastries all served together.

Look also at how the juice, cereal and fruit are served in the YC pics. The items are safely apart from each other. The only image with shared tongs is the croissant +bread platters, but that shouldn't be a problem because the ingredients in those three foods are nearly identical.

A person who can't eat pineapple - pretty common- can easily help themselves to grapes or berries. And the fruit is served in ample quantities.

This is part of what I was trying to explain earlier. Someone w/soy or wheat allergy might have trouble at YC, but many other folks w/allergies can self-navigate the YC buffet. Pre-pandemic CR was a much better set up.

yes.
In the past, YC has been great w/dietary limitations/allergies.

The CL that is most vegetarian-friendly though- IME- is Gran Destino, though my most recent stay was 2019. From the pics I've seen though it still appears they offer an array of options.

The staff there was SUPER. The only downside of Grand Destino is it doesn't qualify for the extra PM park hours. Otherwise, the place is top-notch, especially the Grand Destino area of the resort and the pool.

OH- and if you can find out where chef TJ is now working....try to go there. The DISabilities section used to have a whole thread about him. I don't know if it is still active, but he is a really great guy! Prior to the pandemic, I knew a number of great chefs at WDW, but I'm not sure where any of them are now. Many went above and beyond for vegetarian dining. Try looking at recent posts of the vegetarian thread at the top of the dining section for more recent tips.

One other thing to know is that YC and BC are basically one kitchen. If you want TS, and choose to eat at either, you'll be covered by the same chefs as in the CL.

Last edited:

So we have a deluxe club stay coming up at BWI. Today I noticed I could use my Disney+ subscriber discount for

Outer Bldg - Garden Room - Club Level Access​

Now, that’s way outside of the Innkeepers club area, right? So would be a long haul in the morning, etc to try and grab a quick coffee? Not sure it would be worth it, thoughts anyone?

My husband and I received an upgrade from a BWI standard room to one of these rooms back in 2014. I didn’t even know CL existed back then (I see what you did there, Disney!). For 2 able bodied 30-somethings, we didn’t find the walk to the lounge inconvenient, but in fairness, we weren’t expecting having a lounge to walk to at all… The rooms are lovely and quiet. We’ve added a child since then, so those rooms are not an option for us at the moment, but I’d love to stay there again someday.

After three years away, I'm finally heading back to WDW in a few weeks! (Don't worry; I supplemented that time with a couple of trips to DLR!) Anyway ... I'm staying CL at CR, which is new to me and I'm excited to see/experience the Gran Destino tower. I'd love some of your insights into the club level experience there, especially what to expect from the Chronos Club. (Specifically, the food.) Feel free to point me to other posts if I've missed all of this info elsewhere. :)

After three years away, I'm finally heading back to WDW in a few weeks! (Don't worry; I supplemented that time with a couple of trips to DLR!) Anyway ... I'm staying CL at CR, which is new to me and I'm excited to see/experience the Gran Destino tower. I'd love some of your insights into the club level experience there, especially what to expect from the Chronos Club. (Specifically, the food.) Feel free to point me to other posts if I've missed all of this info elsewhere. :)
There is quite a bit of info and photos in this thread. Gran Destino is great, the only downside is that it doesn't qualify for the extra PM park hours. My most recent stay was 2019, but I have read it is much the same now as it was then.

The menu there changes- I think- every 3 days, or at least part of it. Items like the desserts only change every 3 days, instead of every day. We didn't mind though, they were tasty, and it was somewhat nice to know what to expect, but not long enough to get bored. They also have a lots of bottled drink offerings. Seating, decor, and lounge view are excellent! They also had a good deal of vegetarian offerings, and I think they still do.

One thing that surprised me about my recent CR stay was how comparatively skimpy the soft drink offerings still are. The new lounge seating layout is also a bit odd, and the CM's no longer have a desk. They have a podium, and have to stand all shift. The podium was a very cramped workstation. In 2019, all the CL's had a desk. So if you wanted help with check-in or anything you could sit while you were helped, and the CM's had plenty of space. They could do everything, so there was no need to go front desk unless you need after-hours help. We always use gift cards to pay any balances, and in the past CL was able to process, no hassle. Going back many years, it was never a problem. This time, I had to go down to front desk to pay with a gift card. It ended up taking a solid 25-30minutes, so that unexpected half hour nearly cost us a G+ pass!

Meanwhile, the CR lounge has relatively few tables. Some of the evening foods were great. The beef was good, and the shrimp, but they are served like one small shrimp per cup. The new dining plates there are also tiny.

To us, it felt like CR was resisting giving guests food/drink/help from CM's.

Our room was cleaned during our stay, but very late, after 6pm-before 9:30pm.

A plus of CR is the lake side has a great view of the water parade. You'll hear it when it arrives! They added a bonus for the 50th.

Look at the pics posted in post #37,948 of the YC CL. The way the food is served in those pics = very low risk of cross contamination. The muffins are and orange loaf are served solo with tongs for each item. Other foods are even further away. So it is a tiny possibility a person could mix up the choco chip muffin tongs w/ the orange loaf tongs, but VERY unlikely they'd pull tongs from the meat to serve themselves a muffin. YC has a thoughtful set-up. It is worlds' different from the CR images I posted of the breads/pastries all served together.

Look also at how the juice, cereal and fruit are served in the YC pics. The items are safely apart from each other. The only image with shared tongs is the croissant +bread platters, but that shouldn't be a problem because the ingredients in those three foods are nearly identical.

A person who can't eat pineapple - pretty common- can easily help themselves to grapes or berries. And the fruit is served in ample quantities.

This is part of what I was trying to explain earlier. Someone w/soy or wheat allergy might have trouble at YC, but many other folks w/allergies can self-navigate the YC buffet. Pre-pandemic CR was a much better set up.
I know I’d never assume anything when it comes to how another guest uses tongs and serves stuff. That’s a receipe for disaster, if you’ve ever watched guests long enough

One thing to note, you’ve not noted that I’ve seen which CR CL you were at. There are 2 and they are not the same

Chronos lounge is gorgeous💕 They really thought it out. There is seating for arrival & departure days where you just want to relax plus many dining areas as well. Windows? Oh ya! Get a mimosa if inclined and enjoy it. Also their coffee liqueur at Dessert time was delish. I stayed twice in 2019 but not since. I can’t comment of food because many things have changed but I think you will love the towers location. It’s quick from room to bus 👍

CR cl I did Atrium last Oct 1 and Tower Cl in May.

I was disappointed at 1st with new lounge in Atrium. It’s not as unique as before. However the cm’s at CR have always been attentive. That helps to make a great trip.

I liked the beef and would take the veggies from the salmon dish. (Why not? I love snap peas) I enjoy the fruit in the fridge and grab those bags of grapes and apples for when I need a snack in the park.

You can get a carafe and take Nutura water to the room .

Views are great allllll dayyyy long!

I will be back to CR Atrium 9/9-12 if anything specific you want me to check.

Have not seen you on the boards in a while, good to see you back.

Got very busy the last full day, but I crammed my phone in really fast to snap some more grab shots! This was apps last night - the short ribs and curried chicken salad were new since Jan, and yummy! The tuna is also great, and of course - corn dog nuggets, ‘nuff said.

It was nuts this morning, and we were rushing, so no pics - but a great breakfast selection. Cheesy eggs (and I do mean cheesy!), little hash brown potato casseroles, sticky buns, sausage links, fruit, muffins, croissants, and ham and sliced cheese.

Soup the last few afternoon snacks has been tomato something with croutons. It’s too freaking hot for soup, so I passed it by.

I thought RPC was really solid this visit. Well-staffed, great food, generous with the pours. The rooms def need updating, but the lounge is on point.

Finally, I have some late checkout info! Will post separately….

Attachments

• FF05ADA8-B242-4777-B09C-C39C1BE7978C.jpeg
    FF05ADA8-B242-4777-B09C-C39C1BE7978C.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 38
  • F4BD8D8D-6F62-4EA3-B425-B259CCA8A5EA.jpeg
    F4BD8D8D-6F62-4EA3-B425-B259CCA8A5EA.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 38
  • CCABEB1B-927F-4BAF-822F-DFE461CF4563.jpeg
    CCABEB1B-927F-4BAF-822F-DFE461CF4563.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 38
  • E29F49BE-9F21-4433-8FFB-FBA826CDD62C.jpeg
    E29F49BE-9F21-4433-8FFB-FBA826CDD62C.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 5263AE0C-BB98-4853-8B35-3EE16780B56E.jpeg
    5263AE0C-BB98-4853-8B35-3EE16780B56E.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I might have missed this being reported, but wanted to post it here - not sure if it’s a GF thing or RPC thing, so…

I had an early evening flight today and 5-6 hr flight, really wanted to rinse off before my flight. I asked at the concierge desk about a late checkout. I won’t get into the whole conversation, but a request was submitted - I was told that a request up to 1 pm (if accepted) is free. A request to 2 (this was specific to me/us) if accepted, would result in a $300-something (maybe 325-ish?) charge. We had two rooms, one requested 12, one requested 2. We had one room accepted for noon. It was great to have that little grace period, we smacked through DHS by 11:10, and I was able to sort of clean up before my flight.

I hadn’t heard that late checkouts were happening again, so this was a nice surprise! The concierge showed me a list of requestors, and it was long - so request early!

I’m a bit confused. Are you doing a split stay with CR (Contemporary) and CSR (Coronado Springs Resort) -which is where GDT CL (Gran Destino Tower CL) is located? Staying CR CL won’t give you access to GDT CL as they don’t reciprocate benefits amongst Disney CLs.

They have beer out in the cooler for dinner and later. Earlier in the day, you’ll have to ask. They’ll also stop you if you walk out of the lounge with more than two (visible - take your backpack), but we’ve never encountered an issue while enjoying beverages in the lounge.
We never had them stop us at AK or Contemp.

My advice is to request later checkout when you check in.
Agree 100%, but I had no idea they were doing this again! I wasn’t even going to ask, but that August heat followed by a long flight, I had to.

Agree 100%, but I had no idea they were doing this again! I wasn’t even going to ask, but that August heat followed by a long flight, I had to.
I am not sure. I have asked at check in and told to wait for checkout. ??? Hard to plan lol.

This past 12 months I have had 12:30 late checkouts a few times. Sometimes it is not available. Asking the day prior has given me better results.

Would love some opinions from the club level pros! We have our honeymoon booked for next September - a week at the Yacht Club followed by a week at the Wilderness Lodge. I'm considering upgrading one of these to club level as I think it would be a bit too expensive to do both. If you had to pick one of these resorts to upgrade to club, which would you choose?

Would love some opinions from the club level pros! We have our honeymoon booked for next September - a week at the Yacht Club followed by a week at the Wilderness Lodge. I'm considering upgrading one of these to club level as I think it would be a bit too expensive to do both. If you had to pick one of these resorts to upgrade to club, which would you choose?
Both 🤣🤣🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter