• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

4th of July in RPC…
Wrist bands were required and they had security guards on every floor. I guess they needed to protect the hot dogs lol (they had those too but we didn’t eat any so none pictured). The desserts were adorable but not the greatest. The appetizers were good, however! The street corn was the best!

Late reply here, but that's a pretty impressive holiday spread, both with offerings and decorations. Can't really say the same for over at CR, it was more business as usual. Hope y'all had fun!

I have the Honeymoon Room and the Princess 1 bedroom booked same night. I want the suite but its $$$ for 2 people.

I will hope to win the lottery in the next 60 days.

Replying to old posts here... but c'mon... you want the view of the 1BR. :-)

Nothing wrong with that Honeymoon room... but the view only being the marina is a step down from the 1BR TPV.

Another consideration for some is the foot traffic right there. When you're in one of the first floor rooms (like the Honeymoon Suite) you sort of feel people are always walking by/looking in. When on the second floor, you don't have the same feeling.

Anyway, just trying to spend your money. :stir:

Replying to old posts here... but c'mon... you want the view of the 1BR. :-)

Nothing wrong with that Honeymoon room... but the view only being the marina is a step down from the 1BR TPV.

Another consideration for some is the foot traffic right there. When you're in one of the first floor rooms (like the Honeymoon Suite) you sort of feel people are always walking by/looking in. When on the second floor, you don't have the same feeling.

Anyway, just trying to spend your money. :stir:
Yep I canceled the honeymoon room. It’s was only $400 to upgrade to the 1 bedroom suite. I’ll just do less TS to make up for it.

Dd was ok with it but we walked past Tonga so many times this year and kept saying that is not a great spot, so why would I book it?

Also upgraded CR to TPV Atrium but I’m watching for std RPC since soup is back for lunch. I could eat soup everyday and not get bored.

It’s our Nov trip I’m annoyed about, we have CBR because I can’t find any mono 11/17-20. Hopefully the 60 day mark will increase our offerings……TBD

Thx for your input, I actually had remembered your previous posts and that’s what swayed me into keeping it.👍

Looking for some verification do the one bedroom garden suite rooms at CR have access to the lounge?

A PP answered your question, but I just wanted to add that the Garden Wing 'access' rooms have access to the 12th Floor/Atrium Club lounge. I've always wanted to stay in one of those access room categories... I've booked them over the years but always end up changing to the tower at some point. Enjoy your stay in your recently renovated 1BR!

Does anyone have any room suggestions for AKL CL? I'm not sure if one trail is better than the other. This is for a 2 queen bed room.

I could easily go either way, but I'm a little partial to the Zebra Trail side... mainly because it's a bit closer to the pool (we're usually going to the pool a lot), Victoria Falls lounge, the CL lounge elevators, etc - but it's not like the Kudu Trail is all that far away so I'm splitting hairs a bit. Just makes things a tad easier for trips back to the room if you forget your sunscreen, need to grab something, or whatever. But if the pool or Mara aren't big factors in your trip, my observation is less relevant. I've had good and not so good animal viewing on both sides, so sort of shades of grey there IMO, with some decent variability given luck of timing and proximity to feeding stations.

Hey all. I am new to the forum and my family and I are trying club level at the YC for the first time pretty soon. Do I need to check in at the Regatta Club, or am I stuck on the line in the main lobby when I show up? I have seen guidance on both before and I am hoping to not lose time making the wrong choice when I arrive? Can anyone advise? Thanks.

@focusondisney covered all you need to know... I'll just add we've had bad luck with the "try to head to the 5th floor on our own" method as we have historically had rather bad MagicBand access problems at YC. With maybe a few exceptions, our bands just never work right away... so that means back to the lobby to wait in line (assuming a greeter or ipad manager type isn't around).

It's like an ongoing joke in our family... I always want to try direct to the elevator (despite past problems)... DW says "don't you remember last time..."... we try, fail, back to the lobby, rinse cycle repeat next trip. She's always right. :-)

Loved your pictures! We are getting close to our trip there, we have the same room as you. I hope a CM will do a towel animal in our room, my 6 year old granddaughter will love that!!
I just booked a cabana for a day.
It's just about six years since being there and two cancels because of CoVid.
There is no guarantee but we have had better luck if we either left a disney toy on the bed or end table or left my dds many “ears” out. They often use your things to make something fun.

Here is an example.

Also I try to tip early in the trip as well.
F43D977D-365A-48BA-A1D5-E756E5E34745.jpeg

A PP answered your question, but I just wanted to add that the Garden Wing 'access' rooms have access to the 12th Floor/Atrium Club lounge. I've always wanted to stay in one of those access room categories... I've booked them over the years but always end up changing to the tower at some point. Enjoy your stay in your recently renovated 1BR!

I could easily go either way, but I'm a little partial to the Zebra Trail side... mainly because it's a bit closer to the pool (we're usually going to the pool a lot), Victoria Falls lounge, the CL lounge elevators, etc - but it's not like the Kudu Trail is all that far away so I'm splitting hairs a bit. Just makes things a tad easier for trips back to the room if you forget your sunscreen, need to grab something, or whatever. But if the pool or Mara aren't big factors in your trip, my observation is less relevant. I've had good and not so good animal viewing on both sides, so sort of shades of grey there IMO, with some decent variability given luck of timing and proximity to feeding stations.

@focusondisney covered all you need to know... I'll just add we've had bad luck with the "try to head to the 5th floor on our own" method as we have historically had rather bad MagicBand access problems at YC. With maybe a few exceptions, our bands just never work right away... so that means back to the lobby to wait in line (assuming a greeter or ipad manager type isn't around).

It's like an ongoing joke in our family... I always want to try direct to the elevator (despite past problems)... DW says "don't you remember last time..."... we try, fail, back to the lobby, rinse cycle repeat next trip. She's always right. :-)
MB and arrivals.

I swear Poly/CR/GF we could get up by ourselves in the past! Recently however they make you wait for someone to take you up.

In May it took her minutes just to get a key from the back at CR. Why would you make it so hard for your guests?😤

I legit thought she forgot about me it was so long.😅

Poly at least they see you and open door , so no long wait there but gf and Cr can be a bit until they take you up.

AKL this year I also needed to go desk 1st/wouldn’t work on elevator. Bwi did work for the desk/door entrance every time. Maybe because it’s not an elevator they don’t have issues?

Anytime I have to WAIT for a cm to do something = lost magic time. Aka i could be doing something else more fun.

I need to try YC ! Hopefully I can do 1 night and split with mono in Nov. You keep posting nice things about it👍

Yes, you must have not read the post here in this thread. They've reported at the resort that their reno on the CL floor is scheduled for an 8 week period in March/April though they did not have an exact start date. Only that when you see the resort unavailable for a stretch, that's when it is happening. It is not in Jan/Feb.
I did try to read a lot of the posts on this thread but it is impossible to read all the posts since there are 1872 pages of posts.

As you wrote, "they did not have an exact start date", so I was hoping by asking that maybe others had heard something else or have heard about narrowing down the start date; just like I read the BWI wasn't going to start the redo on ESPN until Fall but they have already started on it.

Thank you for your answer still.

I did try to read a lot of the posts on this thread but it is impossible to read all the posts since there are 1872 pages of posts.

As you wrote, "they did not have an exact start date", so I was hoping by asking that maybe others had heard something else or have heard about narrowing down the start date; just like I read the BWI wasn't going to start the redo on ESPN until Fall but they have already started on it.

Thank you for your answer still.
They actually said they won't get one more than likely.
Believe it or not, communication to staff is the least priory.
They were not aware that construction was beginning on ESPN when it did. I was there at the time and it involved jack hammering concrete that rattled all the way up to the 4th floor. And they were not informed it was starting.
Another time I was there when carpet was replaced in the CL lounge and they were not informed that was going to happen. It was done overnight but not complete when they were due to open for breakfast so they couldn't open that day till lunch. Again, no member of staff was told.
They fully expect to show up and just have no guests the next day. That's exactly what happened when they closed for Covid. They were not informed that the resort was closing prior to it being announced in the media. They had guests telling them it was closing and they were totally in the dark. They called their back office only to be told, no, we know nothing about closing. A few hours later they found out officially.
So bottom line, exact word from the staff, including management is, we only know when we see that we can go online and see that the rooms are unable to be booked.

One thing I missed about 7/4 at CR was being able to efficiently 'get around' the resort as the evening progresses. Poly (where we've usually stayed for major holidays) is so darn easy to pop in/out of the Hawaii building, lounge, beach, pool bar, Tambu, recreation, etc. CR evening elevator service on a good day has its limitations, but as the place started to crawl with more people it made it less efficient to move around. We had the CL lounge which was all good, but we didn't partake in as much of the recreation activities and such as we have normally done at Poly.

7:56pm and people already starting to claim spots on the exterior stairway landings.
IMG_6850.jpeg

Harder to see, but here at 8:50pm (still 30 mins to showtime) every landing has people camped out. After the show for whatever reason a lot of those on the landings came inside the building to take the elevator down. There was a massive crowd on 12 waiting on the elevator right after the show. The CMs couldn't figure out why everyone was coming in the building and not just walking down? It was an odd/confusing situation, and part of me didn't totally appreciate a surge of what seemed like non-guests on a restricted floor, but it did eventually clear out. We were pondering quickly hitting MK after the show but waived it off (and opted to keep enjoying beverages in the lounge... lol).
IMG_6893.jpeg

Does the CR CL pipe in the music for the 2nd fireworks show at 11pm?

I’m not there now to know but I was there last year on a Holiday After Hours nights where they were running Enchantment during regular hours then Minnie’s whatever they are called fireworks later that night (after CL hours) and the audio came on right on queue. I’m not sure exactly how the tech works but I’ve always assumed/been under the impression it is relatively automatic with however it’s all wired/the signal comes out to the MK resorts spots that play audio, etc (I of course have no idea, that’s just been my impression).

Not that past performance always represents future results when Disney is concerned, but that was my experience.

Hey, have any of you stayed club level at the Board walk recently? We have not been since Oct 2019 before the pandemic and we were quite close with many of the CMs there. We are trying to get back March 2023. Had to delay many times due to all the covid stuff and being high risk medically. We were very close with Lorenzo, Joe, Anita (who went to the front desk in 2019), Linda... have no idea if anyone of them came back after the pandemic or if it is all new staff there. Anyone know? Thanks :)

Hey, have any of you stayed club level at the Board walk recently? We have not been since Oct 2019 before the pandemic and we were quite close with many of the CMs there. We are trying to get back March 2023. Had to delay many times due to all the covid stuff and being high risk medically. We were very close with Lorenzo, Joe, Anita (who went to the front desk in 2019), Linda... have no idea if anyone of them came back after the pandemic or if it is all new staff there. Anyone know? Thanks :)
I have seen Lorenzo a few times. There is a Brittany that is super nice! Kathy I remember from years past and Lene the manager is still there.

I have been to lots of cls since reopening and many cm's are working at more than one resort to get hours. I keep seeing the same people but different resorts. It is fun that way!

At any rate bwi has a very nice staff currently, I think you'll be happy to make some new friends.

Edited to change Jessica to Brittany. Oops

Last edited:
One thing I missed about 7/4 at CR was being able to efficiently 'get around' the resort as the evening progresses. Poly (where we've usually stayed for major holidays) is so darn easy to pop in/out of the Hawaii building, lounge, beach, pool bar, Tambu, recreation, etc. CR evening elevator service on a good day has its limitations, but as the place started to crawl with more people it made it less efficient to move around. We had the CL lounge which was all good, but we didn't partake in as much of the recreation activities and such as we have normally done at Poly.

7:56pm and people already starting to claim spots on the exterior stairway landings.
View attachment 686741

Harder to see, but here at 8:50pm (still 30 mins to showtime) every landing has people camped out. After the show for whatever reason a lot of those on the landings came inside the building to take the elevator down. There was a massive crowd on 12 waiting on the elevator right after the show. The CMs couldn't figure out why everyone was coming in the building and not just walking down? It was an odd/confusing situation, and part of me didn't totally appreciate a surge of what seemed like non-guests on a restricted floor, but it did eventually clear out. We were pondering quickly hitting MK after the show but waived it off (and opted to keep enjoying beverages in the lounge... lol).
View attachment 686742
I was surprised you said cr for 7/4. I don't think it would be as nice at Poly or GF. Yep I would feel trapped up there!

Thx for the insight. :)

I have seen Lorenzo a few times. There is a Jessica that is super nice! Kathy I remember from years past and Lene the manager is still there.

I have been to lots of cls since reopening and many cm's are working at more than one resort to get hours. I keep seeing the same people but different resorts. It is fun that way!

At any rate bwi has a very nice staff currently, I think you'll be happy to make some new friends.

Lorenzo, that's fantastic. Loved him, he always sang my name lol Nice to know at least one familiar face is still there.

Linda is now retired and enjoying herself! Joe is still there and is mainly working the hall desk. JJ is also still there, but he too is working the hall desk. We love Amanda and see her there. The new cast members I have met have been wonderful too.

Hey there CL experts,
I have a couple of questions regarding CL. Last week I booked a week at the GF CL (1 room for my wife and I and 1 room for my 80yo mom and her friend). She needs a scooter. After reading some earlier posts and looking at other options, I am thinking of changing resorts. I am thinking of changing to the BC because more restaurant options around the that lake versus Bay Lake and easier to get to with a scooter. I was also thinking easier for my mom to get to EPCOT and HS with scooter then trying to get on the monorail. I think she would only have to fight with the scooter when going to MK and AK (2 parks) if staying at the BC versus all four parks if staying at the GF.

Would you stay with the GF CL or change to the BC CL?

Between the YC and BC, is one better than the other?

Do the YC and BC share the same CL lounge?

Am I over thinking and should just stay with the ressie at GF?

Thank you ahead of time for your opinion, advice and help!!
We have stayed at all club levels. We did a 10 day stay at RPC with my grandmother who was 100 at the time and an aunt of mine who required a scooter. I’ve not stayed at beach club or yacht club with anyone requiring a wheelchair or scooter. We haven’t been to Disney at all since 2019 but used to go several times a year- so my opinion may be outdated.

Personally I would stick with RPC. The lounge is larger and easier to navigate with the scooter. Bc and yc cl seems more crowded and much smaller. Others may disagree but I would request the 4th floor and close to the lounge If you do stick with RPC. That’s our preference regardless of who we travel with anyways. To each their own.

If you want to switch to yc cl or bc cl I don’t think there’s much difference especially when it comes to accommodating a scooter. Yc has always seemed a little quieter but the cl lounge gets just as busy as bc cl. They do not share a lounge but offerings will be same/similar.

As far as access to the parks—— it’s quite a walk to Hollywood studios from bc and yc for someone older. Would this be a problem for her friend? If so she would need boat transportation which wouldn’t be more convenient then monorail imo. You can now walk to the magic kingdom from the grand Floridian so could avoid monorail for that park if you wanted to. But again it is not super close.

Overall, it’s really up to you and I think you’ll find all of your options to be manageable and enjoyable.

Linda is now retired and enjoying herself! Joe is still there and is mainly working the hall desk. JJ is also still there, but he too is working the hall desk. We love Amanda and see her there. The new cast members I have met have been wonderful too.
Brittany is also there, she was often filling in for Lene when she is out. I think that's about it for the pre2019 group that I can remember
On our last trip Joe came to the lounge and worked every day or two for a bit. Said he liked to get up and away from the desk

Brittany is also there, she was often filling in for Lene when she is out. I think that's about it for the pre2019 group that I can remember
On our last trip Joe came to the lounge and worked every day or two for a bit. Said he liked to get up and away from the desk
Yes I meant Brittany not Jessica. I keep getting her name messed up however she gets mine right every time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter