Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Poly pool servers at both pools always seemed a little inconsistent pre-COVID - it’s one of the things Poly just has never done that well, IMO… sometimes there, sometimes not… always seems like new people, etc. Post-reopening I haven’t personally seen servers at the Oasis Pool (only the Lava Pool), but it’s very possible my timing has just been off and I’ve missed them. I’m sure others will chime in if they know for sure.
We stayed there quite a few years ago and this was our experience as well. Very inconsistent. That said, I don't mind getting drinks myself at the pools. I like the bar at the main pool. Staff was always friendly and nice to talk to as well. That said. My kids are older and I can walk away for a moment. BC/YC is where servers come I'm handy imo.

Fwiw, I didn't mind the transportation options from WL. We loves the boat to MK and never waited long for busses. Honestly, I prefer the bus to epcot over the monorail, unless going direct from Poly. I find it annoying switching at TTC. Hopefully by then the boat to CR will be running too. Jmo.

Yeah, I’m with you on this. I get why people consider WL transportation’s reliance on the bus as a negative, but I don’t really agree with it personally. It’s a quick route in/out of the resort and you’re on your way on World Drive, usually doesn’t share with another resort, etc - those are positives for me.

On another evening...

Salmon was offered again (this time Herb Roasted instead of Honey Glazed the prior evening), along with Beef Bourguignon w/ Baby Vegetables.
View attachment 626460

View attachment 626459

This will make some folks around here happy...
View attachment 626461

And Tater Tots again. Oh, sorry, I guess on the 14th floor we call these Potato Barrels. :upsidedow
View attachment 626462
Thanks for all of the pics @GADisneyDad14! But I'm just not sure why you would assume that Potato Barrels and Battered Mini Frankfurters are not adult fare :-) :P

Hey guys! So I just got a call from DSS regarding our upcoming CL stay at GDT. She wanted to let us know we’re all set and upon check-in, we can go right up to the CL floor. I thought I’d ask if she knew of any of the offerings yet, as well as if there will be any changes. Here is what she said…

Due to Covid, they are taking a different approach to the Club Level. Instead of it being its typical Buffet type style, it’s going to be mostly individual plates. For breakfast there will be no hot entrées, meaning no Mickey waffles, or scrambled eggs. There will be the usual bagels, muffins, hard-boiled eggs, vegan option eggs, and ham and cheese bites. Snack time will be grab and go, as some of the other lounges are. Items such as Goldfish crackers, Uncrustable’s, fruit, and candy will be out. When it comes to dinner, there will be options such as crudités jars, charcuterie jars, gazpacho, tuna with spicy aïoli, hearts of palm cakes, ribeye meatballs with chimichurri sauce, salmon plate, etc. (she was reading quite fast so I was trying hard to write everything down to relay!) After hearing all this I got nervous and asked if there will be any kids options during evening hours, because everything she mentioned that will be available, I will not eat!!! 😬 She said there will definitely be a kids section and will have items such as mac & cheese and spaghetti and meatballs, however a final menu has not been completed for them yet. Beer and wine will be available upon request all day, and will be out during the evening dinner hours. Hope that helps a little for anyone who was curious for an upcoming stay.
We are arriving next Tuesday at GDT staying at CL, very interested to see how this will play out, when are you down there>

Yeah, I’m with you on this. I get why people consider WL transportation’s reliance on the bus as a negative, but I don’t really agree with it personally. It’s a quick route in/out of the resort and you’re on your way on World Drive, usually doesn’t share with another resort, etc - those are positives for me.
I think my problem with it is that when we stayed there we did have issues, as in buses taking over an hour to come in the afternoons. I remember one day showing up to the bus stop at the resort and there were a ton of really unhappy people standing around, we stood there ourselves for close to an hour when my DH just asked outloud how long we would have to wait before someone showed up (zero buses showed up during this time), and another couple was like "well, we were already here for an hour before you got here...." A bus didn't show up for about another 20 minutes, it was for HS and we were going to Epcot, but we just got on it and went to Epcot from there because we were done waiting. It was pretty much like that the rest of our stay any time between 2-6pm, so we've been weary of staying there because of it.

That being said......I did book WL CL for my trip with my sister. I did tell her that if any discounts come out, and if BWI still has rooms available I *might* change it, but that's a big might and I probably won't. Since we are going in December, and I've yet to stay CL at WL, I thought it would be a great place to stay for our trip. I do like the new rooms, and in the grand scheme of things the transportation won't be a big deal since she has never been to the parks so doesn't have one she wants to focus on. It's my favorite at Christmas time, so I'm pretty excited!

Do the lounges do anything special during Super Bowl? Just realized it will fall on our trip
I was at AK CL on super bowl sunday 2020, they put out the usual football party kinda food (wings and stuff) but also had out some other lounge type food since it ran in to the "dinner" time. I had been at BWI CL that morning and they were discussing with another guests what their plans were for the evening and it sounded about the same.

We are arriving next Tuesday at GDT staying at CL, very interested to see how this will play out, when are you down there>

I was just reading your post and thinking, will be interesting to see what the CL is like and then I realised we arrive next Tuesday as well. The last few weeks have been crazy here and the days are flying past!!

Our bands worked to open the lounge just now, so we walked in and took some pics. It’s our first time here, so I’m not sure if anything has changed. They worked it so we could keep our same room (we are on 15th floor now, same as lounge).

View attachment 630897
View attachment 630898View attachment 630899View attachment 630900View attachment 630901View attachment 630902View attachment 630903View attachment 630904View attachment 630905View attachment 630906

Looks amazing. Have a great trip, thanks for the update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter