• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Are Poly club level theme park view rooms both second and third floor in Hawaii or just third?

Still nothing for Sugar Loaf at GF? Is that the only one left?
I vaguely recall a rumor GF SL was going to be turned into DVC but don’t recall where and Disney hasn’t said anything about it. But it’s very interesting it didn’t make it into today’s batch drop of CLs.

I vaguely recall a rumor GF SL was going to be turned into DVC but don’t recall where and Disney hasn’t said anything about it. But it’s very interesting it didn’t make it into today’s batch drop of CLs.

FYI - that’s Big Pine Key (which is 199 rooms, not an insignificant number, relatively speaking).

Hi Everyone...I'm back and asking for more advice!

A few weeks ago I asked for an opinion on two trips we've planned for next year (if I had to pick one over the other). To make a long story short, we decided to just take both trips :)
This is what we currently have booked:

1. Contemporary Tower Club, King room (end of Feb / early March)

2. BWI Cottage Suite (end of April for my 50th bday)

We have both rooms booked with my DH's CM discount. Anyway, this morning we were looking at some newly released rooms and ended up cancelling the BWI cottage suite and, instead, booked the Polynesian Honeymoon Room. We have never seen that offered with a CM discount before so we quickly made the swap figuring we could swap back to the more-readily-available cottage suite at bwi if we want.

I’ve been doing a fair amount of reading about the Poly honeymoon room this morning (as I didn’t know much about it). I think I have a pretty good idea what it’s like. I just have a few lingering questions:

1. Has the room been renovated lately?

2. Do they still offer the free room service in the Tonga suites building? (And for those who have used it, do you tip the CMs every time you use the room service?) I don’t mind tipping at all, it’s just an extra expense we’d need to consider.

I hope we made the right call in making the switch. I love the Poly and this seems like a fun and different experience. Now that both kids are in college, we are on a quest to stay in all the rooms we can’t stay in when we have the kids along.

If you’ve stayed in the honeymoon room or the Tonga suites I’d live to hear your experience!

I can help here. Tonga was completely renovated along with the rest of the resort and reopened in July. The design of all the Tonga rooms is different than the regular resort rooms, although still has various Moana elements/influences. The design is a pretty dramatic departure from the old style, so old photos/videos of that room are going to be pretty stale. No more four post bed.

They are not currently offering the free in-room dining menu, although presumably that will return at some point (TBD of course). When we stayed in Tonga pre-COVID, we did tip when they delivered food. Side note, I really missed this during our post-COVID Tonga stay. :-(

This pic below is NOT the Honeymoon Suite (it’s the master in the King K Suite), but has some similar design styles/elements to the Honeymoon Suite, so helps give the gist of the look.

5A711E16-7944-4B4F-92F8-B06D370355F6.jpeg

Hope that helps - happy to answer any questions!

Forgive the hyperbole, but I love, love, love the Tonga re-do and personally think Disney really did an excellent job.

We have a 3 split stay over 10 days starting Nov. 24th. Does anyone know if Bell Services will transfer our luggage as they did pre Covid?

We have a 3 split stay over 10 days starting Nov. 24th. Does anyone know if Bell Services will transfer our luggage as they did pre Covid?
Yes, the transfer service still works, they no longer transfer refrigerables due to the items potentially going bad. My son had success in getting them to move over a large pack of bottled water with their luggage.

I can help here. Tonga was completely renovated along with the rest of the resort and reopened in July. The design of all the Tonga rooms is different than the regular resort rooms, although still has various Moana elements/influences. The design is a pretty dramatic departure from the old style, so old photos/videos of that room are going to be pretty stale. No more four post bed.

They are not currently offering the free in-room dining menu, although presumably that will return at some point (TBD of course). When we stayed in Tonga pre-COVID, we did tip when they delivered food. Side note, I really missed this during our post-COVID Tonga stay. :-(

This pic below is NOT the Honeymoon Suite (it’s the master in the King K Suite), but has some similar design styles/elements to the Honeymoon Suite, so helps give the gist of the look.

View attachment 618774

Hope that helps - happy to answer any questions!

Forgive the hyperbole, but I love, love, love the Tonga re-do and personally think Disney really did an excellent job.

Awesome…that does help! The more I read about it, the more I feel we made the right choice. I am really looking forward to the free room service, so I hope that returns. I am a drink-my-coffee-the-instant-I-wake-up kind of person, so I love the idea of having breakfast brought to the room first thing, rather than having to get ready for the day before I head to the lounge for my wake up drink. Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up was able to change my June anniversary trip to YC club level. Can't wait, we've missed it so
Do you mind me asking how much more it cost per night to upgrade? Club level rooms still not showing on Uk site so I’m going to ring later to try and upgrade but it would be helpful if I had an idea of cost beforehand. Prices are so different now from what they were in 2018 when we were last at WDW

AP discounts are out today Jan 2-March 10!!! Can I borrow someone’s AP? 😂😂
I got a discount on 2 nights CSR cl. I had a single I added later when it became available but no discounts for that night, However slim pickings anywhere for a single night 1/14-15.

Happy to save something!
No Poly or CR that I could see.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why the Gran Destino tower deluxe rooms and one bedrooms no longer have the CL designation when you book them? I am currently booked for feb in a normal CL room, but I am scared to upgrade with AP discount when there is no mention of CL on those room types anymore. Oversight or are the changing it?

Does anyone know why the Gran Destino tower deluxe rooms and one bedrooms no longer have the CL designation when you book them? I am currently booked for feb in a normal CL room, but I am scared to upgrade with AP discount when there is no mention of CL on those room types anymore. Oversight or are the changing it?

When CSR reopened for booking Disney moved those rooms out of the CL category since CL wasn’t open (at the time) so they’d be available to book. Once GDT CL reopens in December those rooms will be moved “back” to the CL category. But if you book one of those rooms right now for after the 12/16 date, you’ll have CL access, the website/reservation system just isn’t set up to show it.

They've done the same thing with other “CL access” rooms at the other resorts…. suites, BWI Garden Rooms, etc…. rooms that Disney had made available for booking during CL closure. Within a day or 2 of each CL reopening they tinker with the website/reservation settings and they all go back to their rightful designation.

Hope that makes sense!

When CSR reopened for booking Disney moved those rooms out of the CL category since CL wasn’t open (at the time) so they’d be available to book. Once GDT CL reopens in December those rooms will be moved “back” to the CL category. But if you book one of those rooms right now for after the 12/16 date, you’ll have CL access, the website/reservation system just isn’t set up to show it.

They've done the same thing with other “CL access” rooms at the other resorts…. suites, BWI Garden Rooms, etc…. rooms that Disney had made available for booking during CL closure. Within a day or 2 of each CL reopening they tinker with the website/reservation settings and they all go back to their rightful designation.

Hope that makes sense!

Would my deluxe suite retroactively change to show it as a CL room if I book feb dates now? I may wait until December when things open to decide anyway since have a non deluxe room increases my chances of being on the same floor of the lounge... decisions, decisions :)

Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter