Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

For those who have stayed BWI Deluxe, how much value did you get out of the Deluxe room vs standard? We will have 4 “Adults”, so trying to decide if the space is worth the extra ~$175 night. Looks like there’s an extra section with the sofa, chair, tv etc.
With 4 adults? The extra space would absolutely be worth it to me. Only 1 bathroom, but two TV's, a comfortable living room and balcony. Lots of space.
I've stayed in deluxe with 5 people and the space was nice. I think those rooms also guarantee a BW view.

Last edited:
Though I know this is club level discussion and not dining - I do have a question because I value you guys opinions: has anyone eaten at California Grill since they did the menu change AND switched it to Prix Fixe?

I heard from a friend last night that she went for dinner last night and said that while service was impeccable - and the view of the fireworks was great, she won't be back - that the food was disappointing and the Prix Fixe is just WAY too much food. Now, this is someone that will eat 2 to 4 times at Ca Grill on a trip...

And she also told that anyone sitting at the bar probably has to order the full Prix Fixe menu as well (no confirmation on that - just what she said)

I know this is a favorite spot for some of you (looking at you @GADisneyDad14 ). And while I value her opinion (she has a pretty broad palate), I'd love to hear some other reports.... (I have dinner reservations there on the 17th and 22nd of this month...)

I heard from a friend last night that she went for dinner last night and said that while service was impeccable - and the view of the fireworks was great, she won't be back - that the food was disappointing and the Prix Fixe is just WAY too much food. Now, this is someone that will eat 2 to 4 times at Ca Grill on a trip...
I'm surprised about the quantity. Usually when menus go to prix fixe they adjust the portion size, knowing that everyone will be eating more courses. Really too bad you can't share a meal there; probably would be perfect.

I will say that the food in the CL, all from CG, was trying too hard in some cases. I thought the quality was good overall but some of the taste combinations did not wow me. When I look at the current menu, there are several things I would order.

Can she share any details on the food, her likes and dislikes?

And she also told that anyone sitting at the bar probably has to order the full Prix Fixe menu as well (no confirmation on that - just what she said)

*****I thought I read somewhere on the DIS that they CAN'T get the prix fix menu...that they had to pick from a smaller menu.....???*******

I'm surprised about the quantity. Usually when menus go to prix fixe they adjust the portion size, knowing that everyone will be eating more courses. Really too bad you can't share a meal there; probably would be perfect.

I will say that the food in the CL, all from CG, was trying too hard in some cases. I thought the quality was good overall but some of the taste combinations did not wow me. When I look at the current menu, there are several things I would order.

Can she share any details on the food, her likes and dislikes?

She normally has a very broad palate - from sushi to pork to everything - and does enjoy a cocktail. I looked back at her text message and she said the food was "disappointing" and the portions were "off" AND just way too much food. I just texted her and will report back her clarifications.

*****I thought I read somewhere on the DIS that they CAN'T get the prix fix menu...that they had to pick from a smaller menu.....???*******

THAT's one thing I would LOVE to know!

The verbiage on Disney's website says "Partake in an aperitif prior to dinner at the namesake restaurant or dine in the lounge as space allows."

She said that last night the ONLY lounge seating was the bar....

Though I know this is club level discussion and not dining - I do have a question because I value you guys opinions: has anyone eaten at California Grill since they did the menu change AND switched it to Prix Fixe?

I know this is a favorite spot for some of you (looking at you @GADisneyDad14 ). And while I value her opinion (she has a pretty broad palate), I'd love to hear some other reports.... (I have dinner reservations there on the 17th and 22nd of this month...)

Well, I was there the other day, but before the new menu.

I had the grouper entree and whatever app I had isn’t on the current menu - it was slices of raw tuna, hamachi, probably some others. I had not had either at CG before and loved both. Best meal I had the entire trip.

I still don’t get the prix fixe thing at CG.

I had the grouper entree and whatever app I had isn’t on the current menu - it was slices of raw tuna, hamachi, probably some others. I had not had either at CG before and loved both. Best meal I had the entire trip.

It feels like a money grab from Disney... (sorry, salty day here).

Just got a call from DSS for my GDT CL stay in a couple months! Just the typical ‘we’re here if you need us’ call. I had asked if she had any info on the lounge (specifically if food/drink offerings would be similar to pre-Covid), and she said she felt confident they would be, based on the open lounges so far. Unfortunately, no specific information as of yet. I’m excited :goodvibes

We have an ADR for Cali Grill on the 16th of this month and I have been asking around to see how the new menu is. So far I have heard very little back from anyone.

Last edited:
OK, CL folks--would appreciate your input.

We have 3 nights booked CL deluxe WL this Jan. Would like to add one night beforehand, but CL deluxe WL is unavailable. We haven't been to Poly at all, and that is available, but not CL. BWI CL is available. Have only done BWI CL so far.

Our plan is to arrive on Day 1 around 11 am or so, enjoy Resort 1. Day 2, check out of Resort 1, do Epcot, then check in to WL CL for 3 nights.

Would you book:
1) Poly, to have a chance to stay there or
2) Go with BWI CL?

I'd love it if Poly CL opens in time but am not optimistic. WL CL will be available to use on Day 2 before our 4 pm check in, so I'm weighing how much CL matters for night 1. Dad is older and might not be doing the parks with us, so a lounge in Resort 1 might be good and then we can circle back and grab him from BWI before going to WL. He could also just hang around the Poly or monorail then boat over to WL during the day to check out CL there while we are at Epcot.

WWYD?

We have 3 nights booked CL deluxe WL this Jan. Would like to add one night beforehand, but CL deluxe WL is unavailable. We haven't been to Poly at all, and that is available, but not CL. BWI CL is available. Have only done BWI CL so far.

Our plan is to arrive on Day 1 around 11 am or so, enjoy Resort 1. Day 2, check out of Resort 1, do Epcot, then check in to WL CL for 3 nights.

Would you book:
2) Go with BWI CL?

I'd love it if Poly CL opens in time but am not optimistic. WL CL will be available to use on Day 2 before our 4 pm check in, so I'm weighing how much CL matters for night 1. Dad is older and might not be doing the parks with us, so a lounge in Resort 1 might be good and then we can circle back and grab him from BWI before going to WL. He could also just hang around the Poly or monorail then boat over to WL during the day to check out CL there while we are at Epcot.

WWYD?
I'd probably ask him which resort he prefers. If he is mobile, Poly has nice places to hang out even without CL and monorail access. If he is not mobile, I would pick BWI for the guaranteed CL access that evening. It's much nicer/more convenient than sitting in your room.

For those who have stayed BWI Deluxe, how much value did you get out of the Deluxe room vs standard? We will have 4 “Adults”, so trying to decide if the space is worth the extra ~$175 night. Looks like there’s an extra section with the sofa, chair, tv etc.
That was the room I had last week. It is much roomier in person vs pictures!

The extra tv is nice too.

Best benefit is the water view guaranteed😍

Would you book:
2) Go with BWI CL?

WWYD?
I spoil my family I’d ask Dad . Either is a good option IMO. Can’t go wrong, Bwi easier for Epcot. Would he Ike to just ride the boat or Skyliner?

Let us know what you decide. Happy Planning!

Just got a call from DSS for my GDT CL stay in a couple months! Just the typical ‘we’re here if you need us’ call. I had asked if she had any info on the lounge (specifically if food/drink offerings would be similar to pre-Covid), and she said she felt confident they would be, based on the open lounges so far. Unfortunately, no specific information as of yet. I’m excited :goodvibes
What is the opening date? I missed it.

4 adults, I would say yes. I think the deluxe rooms look bigger in person vs online. I remember being able to spread my arms out and spin in circles between the beds and the couch and I wasn't near either one, I'm pretty tall too. So you get a decent amt of extra space, as well as an extra TV. I wish there was an extra half bath, that would be really nice.

I had that grouper in January and yes, it is great. Definitely one of my favorite Disney dishes ever.

Would you book:
2) Go with BWI CL?

WWYD?

You didn't mention this but just curious, whats the price difference ? That may not be a factor but if CL isn't too much more its nice for a resort day. It does get cold here in January (sometimes) so it will be nice have everything indoors and a place to relax, get a drink or snack. If you were going when it is guaranteed to be warmer then Poly might be a better choice. Plus being at EP, it will probably be easier to get him from BWI vs poly.

Does anyone know if the California Grill is going to do the prix fixe for the whole 18 months?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter