Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I recommend adding a shot of Gran Marnier or Chambord to a hard Cider :) It's always been clear that other than the evening 'happy hour' you have to ask for alcohol, just don't let yourself be embarrassed imo.

I will have to try that! I do love Grand Marnier but have never just had it on its own haha!! And trust me, we weren't shy about asking for a glass of wine at night or for the mimosas in the morning. :)

Our DD is getting married in a few weeks, and one of her "featured cocktails" is called a Blushing Bride which is Prosecco and Chambord, which sounds amazing.

We truly did enjoy our time at RPC., though we did both have to admit it really wasn't worth the cost. Maybe if the midday options had been better with soups being back, etc., we would have felt differently. Cast Members were fantastic, so service was not an issue.

Our DD is getting married in a few weeks, and one of her "featured cocktails" is called a Blushing Bride which is Prosecco and Chambord, which sounds amazing.
How fun?

If you need someone to share pix with PM me. My dd is in the middle of planning stages.

How fun?

If you need someone to share pix with PM me. My dd is in the middle of planning stages.

Will do! This is our second go round of a DD getting married, one of our other DD's got married 3 years ago. We are now expecting our first DGD in December, and I am beyond excited! Things are very busy here obviously but it's all happy things!

DH and I used all the excitement as a good way to justify our CL stay, it's the last bit of peace and quiet we'll have for awhile!!!

AKV-CL: checked in yesterday.
- Delighted to get one of the only two studios on the 6th floor, right next to the lounge. Only the pool view side is open on the 6th floor. Room was ready early. We could see it being cleaned while we waited in the lounge enjoying sangria.
View attachment 607360

-Welcome package scaled way back. One white chocolate bar and a welcome letter providing lounge hours provided for the whole room.
View attachment 607361
- Gone is the CHAI (Afternoon Tea)
-and-
Noticeably scaled back is the KISIKUSIKU (Twilight Offerings). There were no soups and quite light on the buffet appetizers. The hors d'oeuvres station was set up serving two hot items, which tasted excellent; but it was manned by untrained staff, one girl exclaiming as she passed by us that she didn’t know why she was having to do it. She didn’t know how to do it. Six staff at the station trying to get things started in the beginning.
-Wine station was initially set out with left over opened bottles that ran out quickly and too slowly replaced.
-Perplexing comments by a staff member cleaning our dishes about what we were eating-made me feel like that cashier who has to comment on your items at the check out lane. I wondered if she thought I was over-indulging.
-Lounge staff are very good at clearing plates, so don’t everyone leave the table at once to go get more food. We made that mistake to come back to have to stop them from clearing off our whole table.

- Had to approach a staff member to request mimosas this A.M. and, while accommodating, it seemed like it was not her very real pleasure for her to do so. No guests were getting mimosas if they didn’t request them; and we were the first to ask, so there were only 5 individuals, including ourselves, who received one in the course of time we were in the lounge this morning. The table beside us only requested after seeing us get ours.

- Staff. Much of the staff at this time seem either green, slightly awkward, and/or nervous, except for the Chef and the lady who appears to be the manager. She is very hands on and visible during lounge hours.

We are enjoying our stay and nothing so far is so off-putting as to warrant complaint or prevent our return.

Oh this is frightening news about AKL Club. We are suppose to get a 1 bedroom villa on the Savanah view side. Do you have any idea why that side is closed?

An inexperienced staff sounds like a nightmare and no soups? That is just not acceptable. Soups are one of the highlights of a stay there!

I loved being greeted by a Club CM with a mimosa in hand all ready for me!
I know I sound spoiled but that little bit of special treatment is why we book Club!

Oh this is frightening news about AKL Club. We are suppose to get a 1 bedroom villa on the Savanah view side. Do you have any idea why that side is closed?

An inexperienced staff sounds like a nightmare and no soups? That is just not acceptable. Soups are one of the highlights of a stay there!

I know I sound spoiled but that little bit of special treatment is why we book Club!

Did you request a Savanna view? Just curious since savanna view CL DVC is not a bookable category. Or did you book a regular hotel 1 bedroom suite? If you booked a suite then these are not what she's referring to just the 5 DVC rooms on the 6th floor. I do remember people getting calls that were booked AKL CL DVC around the 50th and being bumped to a regular hotel room with CL. So I'm guessing its some sort of maintenance but who knows. If you didn't get a call hopefully that means your stay will be unaffected. 🤞

I booked a DVC 1 bedroom accessible villa with tub rails. The other accessible villa only has a roll in shower. It is on the savannah side not the pool view side. I have booked and received this villa before. It is room 6205.
Staying club level at AKL soon. Any quick thoughts?
We originally had a one bedroom Villa booked that we were later notified would be switched to a one bedroom savanna view suite. There is no such savanna view bookable category for club level DVC villas so it sounds like they have moved you from the 6th floor. .........
Did you request a Savanna view? Just curious since savanna view CL DVC is not a bookable category. Or did you book a regular hotel 1 bedroom suite? If you booked a suite then these are not what she's referring to just the 5 DVC rooms on the 6th floor. I do remember people getting calls that were booked AKL CL DVC around the 50th and being bumped to a regular hotel room with CL. So I'm guessing its some sort of maintenance but who knows. If you didn't get a call hopefully that means your stay will be unaffected. 🤞

Our first CL stay was when DS was 4 (he's now 11) and then later trips when DD came along (I think her first was 9 months).... and other than recent pandemic travels where CL wasn't available, I never looked back. The convenience with little ones is addicting.

Have fun!

Do you mind to elaborate on your experiences? We are taking our four to stay in CL for the first time (WL) in January and I'm excited to see how this could make our trip better. They've all been to Disney once before, but the twins were only 19 months old. They will be 4, 4, 7, and 10. I'm a little worried about our "spirited" crew being obnoxious to all the other CL guests expecting a calming upscale lounge! (They are generally well behaved, but there's four of them, it gets a little loud and exciting when Mickey is involved)

Do you mind to elaborate on your experiences? We are taking our four to stay in CL for the first time (WL) in January and I'm excited to see how this could make our trip better. They've all been to Disney once before, but the twins were only 19 months old. They will be 4, 4, 7, and 10. I'm a little worried about our "spirited" crew being obnoxious to all the other CL guests expecting a calming upscale lounge! (They are generally well behaved, but there's four of them, it gets a little loud and exciting when Mickey is involved)
I’m not who you asked but WL tends to have more kids than other cl;s IMO. There are lots of different spaces at wl. Some seating more enclosed, and other seating out next to the railing with lobby below. You can find out what works best.

No worries.It’s Disney , we expect some happy, lively kids. Makes my trip better to see it. My kids all grown.

We thought the lunch offerings were definitely lacking. I wonder if sending in comments about lack of soup might help change their minds.

I believe they added an extra hot option to breakfast. they had Bobotie ,oatmeal, and a bread pudding.
during dessert they put out mickey ice cream sandwiches. We only stayed 1 night after our cruise but I heard sometimes they have mickey ice cream bars.

SO for AKL, BWI and GF cl's experienced guests have reported a big change mid day aka lunch time.

Hopefully it is temporary and not permanent.

CR never had anything other than snacks so even though we havent heard from there yet, I don't anticipate any change at midday.

Who is our feet on the ground for CR? Been waiting...... :rolleyes1

I have a single night GF RPC this week. I will not be booking at rack rate with no midday soup / sandwiches and scones in the future. Rooms well over $1000 need tea and scones lol.

Ok, good to know.....always learning something new on here. Thank you.

I am having some mobility issues and the last 2 times we were in AKL Club I needed a ECV (scooter). I am in the same boat this time and I will have a scooter with me. I was able to book early enough this time that I had my choice of a villa with a roll in shower or a villa with a tub with rails. I love to soak in a tub so I picked that one this time. There is a studio on the left side and then the villa with the roll in shower and then the 3rd door is the tub with rails villa. It just makes the whole stay easier and safer for me. The view is not great of the animals but they are there.

Now if that whole side is down due to maintenance, then I have no idea where they will put us! That will be a bummer since I enjoy being able to be on the same floor as the lounge. SO far no phone calls but then we are still over 2 weeks out.

We thought the lunch offerings were definitely lacking. I wonder if sending in comments about lack of soup might help change their minds.

I believe they added an extra hot option to breakfast. they had Bobotie ,oatmeal, and a bread pudding.
during dessert they put out mickey ice cream sandwiches. We only stayed 1 night after our cruise but I heard sometimes they have mickey ice cream bars.

An extra hot item at breakfast is great for us. On vacation, we are big breakfast eaters. I found that the lunch time options have always been limited but by late afternoon things were back on the bar. I will miss that. I have learned to schedule a nice lunch ADR and not a dinner one. We traditionally only stay at the resort when I book club. We are moving to Beach Club for our parks part of the trip.

I was just able to book 2 deluxe club level rooms at the Boardwalk for March for Jim and me and my son and his family! Best part was I got my 50% off cast discount for both rooms! I am a very happy person today. Still no discount for February, just the garden cottages available, but now they have club access. Jim has decided we will stay up on the 4th floor and pay rack rate.

There u

There is no lunch…just breakfast-then skips to snacks. The breakfast offerings seemed very close to normal; but the evening was definitely scaled back.

I always called the 2 (which is now 1) between11am-4pm to be "lunch" . I figured we got the bad evening rotation when we went. they had a bunch of Vegetarian options. I thought they used to have Chicken nuggets or meatballs.

I always called the 2 (which is now 1) between11am-4pm to be "lunch" . I figured we got the bad evening rotation when we went. they had a bunch of Vegetarian options. I thought they used to have Chicken nuggets or meatballs.
Be careful no chicken nuggets is as bad (or maybe worse) as no espresso machine.

Club loungers are not that demanding but please have chicken nuggets and cappucino. oh yeah and midday soups, mickey waffles and scones. and champagne/mimosas

I keep adding stuff.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter