• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I think I might go buy a lottery ticket. So I cancelled my AKL CL DVC stay for my birthday the day BEFORE they announced that AKL was indeed opening because I had assumed that it was going to be a long time before they opened it again. For those of you who don't know there's only 5 AKL CL DVC rooms so getting one is nearly impossible. However, I just happened to go look and there it was again! I couldn't believe my eyes, I grabbed it so quick my fingers could barely type that fast. So yay! Back to AKL CL in October. I can't wait to hear all of the reports from everyone that are acting as tribunes to report back on opening day how it is! I thank you for your sacrifice!

Does the Contemporary Club Level have a guaranteed Park View room or only the Park or Lake views? Would like to go for the extra story, but not if I can't be sure it will be Theme Park view.

The Theme Park View (TPV) is bookable for the entire tower including CL. However the Atrium CL and the Tower CL lounges both have balconies that overlook the MK and the Seven Seas lagoon as well as the Polynesian resort and the GF in the distance.

Dave

During the major holidays - ie; July 4, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years - do they do anything special?

Does the Contemporary Club Level have a guaranteed Park View room or only the Park or Lake views? Would like to go for the extra story, but not if I can't be sure it will be Theme Park view.

I may be answering a question you aren't asking, but in case helpful:

"Standard Room - Atrium Club Level" = Atrium Club/12th Floor - all rooms are on the Bay Lake side of the building
"Theme Park View - Atrium Club Level" - Atrium Club/12th Floor - all rooms are on the MK side of the building
"Standard Room - King - Club Level" = Tower Club/14th Floor - there are two of these rooms and they are both on the MK side of the building
"Standard Room - Club Level" = Tower Club/14th Floor - there are three of these rooms, two on the MK side, one on the Bay Lake side, but you can't book your view (it would be request only)
There are various other suites that are bookable on the Tower Club/14th Floor that do provide for booking a specific view

As PP mentioned, both lounges have great MK views.

Hope that helps!

During the major holidays - ie; July 4, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years - do they do anything special?

Depends on the resort/CL. Probably the most substantial CL benefit for 7/4 and NYE is Poly CL as they rope off a dedicated viewing area on the beach. I have the most experience at Poly on these holidays - over the years I've seen special lounge offerings ebb and flow. When I first started going several years ago the whole menu was 'special' for both holidays - but in more recent years it tended to be only slightly modified offerings, maybe some special desserts, maybe some decorations, etc.

I'm sure others can speak to happenings at other CLs on those holidays.

Do they make these at Poly CL?? That sounds amazing.
Not exactly. I made my own. They have pog out so dd and I add it to our wine given midday. Evening hours you can pour own wine so can do yourself.

I also have had them at GF. However they pour the wine so you need to add the Tropical Juice there. End 2019/early 2020 gf did not put out the pog but if you asked they brought it out.

If you really want to look pretty vs just tasting good , dump wine in another cup. Put pog in your glass, tip glass and slowly pour wine in. 👍🥰
Dd and I call sparkling with pog = POGMOSA

Tensions seem to running high around the DIS, in life, etc, again these days - so let's have some distracting fun on our little corner of the Internet. What does everyone think of this modern design style of putting the tub and shower in one large/combined room? FYI, this is the master bath in the new King K suite in the Tonga Longhouse at Poly.

Last edited:
Tensions seem to running high around the DIS, in life, etc, again these days - so let's have some distracting fun on our little corner of the Internet. What does everyone think of this modern design style of putting the tub and shower in one large/combined room? FYI, this is the master bath in the new King K suite in the Tonga Longhouse at Poly.

View attachment 596115

View attachment 596116

View attachment 596117

So that's just 1 big shower room, with the tub in it? Hum, not my speed but then again, unless we get some major pixie dust this is not something that I will ever have to contemplate. Maybe they're appealing to Europeans, isn't that very common to have a wet room as the bathroom? At least the toliet isn't in there too.

Not exactly. I made my own. They have pog out so dd and I add it to our wine given midday. Evening hours you can pour own wine so can do yourself.

I also have had them at GF. However they pour the wine so you need to add the Tropical Juice there. End 2019/early 2020 gf did not put out the pog but if you asked they brought it out.

If you really want to look pretty vs just tasting good , dump wine in another cup. Put pog in your glass, tip glass and slowly pour wine in. 👍🥰
Dd and I call sparkling with pog = POGMOSA
Will you tell me what pog stands for; it's not coming to my brain? lol
Thanks! 😊

View attachment 596115

View attachment 596116

View attachment 596117

It's not the worst set up. We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite at GF DVC in February and it had a bathtub with water jets. We are not bath people, but just to check it out, ran water in it to see how it worked. Well, apparently it runs automatically to drain any leftover water, even as small drops eventually make their way into the drain, which it did in the middle of the night waking us up. After a few times, we called maintenance and his solution was to turn off the power to it at the breaker, which also cut the power to the room next door. So he needed to come back again to straighten it all out.

What does everyone think of this modern design style of putting the tub and shower in one large/combined room?

Well, I love it! When I redid our kids bathroom 8 years or so ago this is what we did. Its so functional, don't have worry about splashing littles, and plenty of room for lots of shower heads. We are at poly in dec but its not even club, let alone Tonga suites :).

View attachment 596115

View attachment 596116

View attachment 596117
OMG if I was there there when my kids were like 6 and8 they would have their swimsuits on in there splashing away!!!

Honestly I think dd26 and I would still put on our swim suits and hang in there. I would put my ipad on that ledge and watch tv.

I say that because we often used the tub in BLT villas as a personal hot tub and watched tv from there. Its easier than going outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter