• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So with the recent announcement, I could use some advice!

We currently have a trip booked over Thanksgiving (10-14 days, haven't decided which one yet). Split between Poly and WL, with me, DH, DS6 and DD1. I was hoping to upgrade to CL if/when it was announced. Now that I know it will not be available for my dates at those resorts, I am considering what our options are.

The biggest benefit of CL for us was:

-guaranteed breakfast and dinner: not having to go to a restaurant for every meal is super appealing with a 1yr old, and the CS meals are great every once in a while but not something we want to eat every meal all trip long
-extra space: with a baby in tow it would be nice to have extra space for when she is napping/sleeping
-coffee, coffee, coffee: easy access to free caffeine all day....nuff said. That espresso machine is a.ma.zing.
-guaranteed floor/building: knowing I won't be stuck on the bottom floor looking at a giant fake rock is great peace of mind (and yes, that was my view at WL one year:scared:)

I am thinking our options are:

-keep current dates and reservations
-keep current dates and hope for a 1-bedroom to open up, do grocery delivery (Dizzy Dolphin has some platters that look interesting. I am not cooking on vacation)
-keep current dates and switch to GF or Contemporary (have never stayed at either, something we wanted to get to someday, just not what we had in mind this trip)
-move dates to the week before Christmas and do just WL CL (this would shorten our trip significantly, but cost more due to room rates being much higher)
-move dates to Spring Break next year: we already have a trip planned to Orlando for Legoland, Universal and KSC, utilizing my parents timeshare at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for half of it. I guess we could do Disney the first part of the week at Disney on site, then switch over the WBC, cutting out some of those activities?

I don't really love any of the options. And with the amount of money a Disney trip costs, I want to love it!

What are your collective thoughts?

does anyone know if there are any wheelchair accessible rooms in the main building at the GF or the club level at the boardwalk? trying to decide if we want to switch our thanksgiving trip from the YC i know the CR has one room but they are third choice 😁 thanks

i looked online and it appears there is only a hearing accessible room at the GF, seems odd and only tubs at boardwalk. looking for confirmation if this is true or not. thanks

another question about the GF....do you think this will include the outer building suites that offered club level before? i know it's all a guess at this point but opinions please will suffice

Any ideas when these will be open to book online? Just searched a bunch of different options for BWI and club wasn't offered at any date.

They are ramping up staffing across the board, and I think at least some of it is to replace the CL staff who were given other assignments. When they go back to CL those other positions will need filling. I will say I’ve never seen so many new CMs on property as on this trip.
Agreed. Have been here since Monday and have seen tons of new CMs and also lots of longer term CMs clearly working in locations where they have not previously worked.

So with the recent announcement, I could use some advice!

We currently have a trip booked over Thanksgiving (10-14 days, haven't decided which one yet). Split between Poly and WL, with me, DH, DS6 and DD1. I was hoping to upgrade to CL if/when it was announced. Now that I know it will not be available for my dates at those resorts, I am considering what our options are.

The biggest benefit of CL for us was:

-guaranteed breakfast and dinner: not having to go to a restaurant for every meal is super appealing with a 1yr old, and the CS meals are great every once in a while but not something we want to eat every meal all trip long
-extra space: with a baby in tow it would be nice to have extra space for when she is napping/sleeping
-coffee, coffee, coffee: easy access to free caffeine all day....nuff said. That espresso machine is a.ma.zing.
-guaranteed floor/building: knowing I won't be stuck on the bottom floor looking at a giant fake rock is great peace of mind (and yes, that was my view at WL one year:scared:)

I am thinking our options are:

-keep current dates and reservations
-keep current dates and hope for a 1-bedroom to open up, do grocery delivery (Dizzy Dolphin has some platters that look interesting. I am not cooking on vacation)
-keep current dates and switch to GF or Contemporary (have never stayed at either, something we wanted to get to someday, just not what we had in mind this trip)
-move dates to the week before Christmas and do just WL CL (this would shorten our trip significantly, but cost more due to room rates being much higher)
-move dates to Spring Break next year: we already have a trip planned to Orlando for Legoland, Universal and KSC, utilizing my parents timeshare at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for half of it. I guess we could do Disney the first part of the week at Disney on site, then switch over the WBC, cutting out some of those activities?

I don't really love any of the options. And with the amount of money a Disney trip costs, I want to love it!

What are your collective thoughts?
I would look into the boardwalk which has one of best food options at CL, plus no clown face nightmares. Mickey and Minnie slide opening face. You are on the boardwalk, walk into Epcot, with the one year old take the friendship boat to HS. You can make the MK a park hopper 2 pm if they still have those rules and make Epcot your first park and take the monorail to MK. We did that a lot. A walk to area to entertain the young one, plus the skyliner. Just a thought!

does anyone know if there are any wheelchair accessible rooms in the main building at the GF or the club level at the boardwalk? trying to decide if we want to switch our thanksgiving trip from the YC i know the CR has one room but they are third choice 😁 thanks

i looked online and it appears there is only a hearing accessible room at the GF, seems odd and only tubs at boardwalk. looking for confirmation if this is true or not. thanks

another question about the GF....do you think this will include the outer building suites that offered club level before? i know it's all a guess at this point but opinions please will suffice
Yes there are wheelchair accessible rooms in the main building at the Grand, I don't know how many though.

I'm surprised that the BC/YC says opening at a later date. I was talking to a couple CMS at the BC and they said they were going to open CL at the BC but not the YC, they thought YC lounge was too small to open. Given that information I'm surprised to see BWI listed since I don't think that lounge is any bigger than the YC and it gets considerable more crowded. I suppose by now I shouldn't be surprised at anything Disney does or doesn't do.:confused3

Rooms 4319 and 4419 are both wheelchair accessible rooms in the main building, but they are both Deluxe rooms that you have to call to book. I’m not sure whether or not there are other HA rooms in the main building, but these rooms are really big and have a lower wet bar area as well as a roll in shower.

Count me as another surprised with the slow roll-out. I would have guaranteed these would be open by Oct 1st. Perhaps the demand for the fall is not as much as we think? Poly trip planned for April so I hope it will be opened by then!

Does anyone see the official post from Disney?
I just thought the same thing. I tried to find something official from Disney so could read the actual wording of the announcement and I can't find it. If anyone has the official Disney announcement can you post it?

Maybe they’re smart. As they have all year, only open a few resorts, forcing folks to book there and keep capacity higher than it would be otherwise. Now, instead of GF for example being it’s normal 50%, it may be much higher. This also helps them as they are short staffed at the moment.

A frustrating part is that aside from holidays, CL has always been discounted ( 20% - 35%). Due to the limited availability, there may not be much left if we wait until discounts come out later in the year - unless they open Yacht/Beach etc...

Love CL, but it’s absolutely overpriced at rack rate, partially because they have constant discounts flowing ala the Sandals/Secrets model. Tough call.

Well this is fun news....Im also glad the first inside information I could provide wasn’t proven wrong immediately 😆...

Any expectations for Poly and Yacht/Beach? Do we think the wording means they will be announced later for Fall/Winter or opening later (2022)?
I just spoke to guest services I was told that the other club level openings will be "announced at a later date" not necessarily that they will open later

Please be extra patient with the Signature Services cast both on the phone and email. Apparently (from a friend of a roommate) they have been swamped with guests who have club level booked asking if they can still help with dining, park pass, etc (which of course they can when your date is up).

I think SL is just temporary, they are starting with RPC and depending on how that goes they will add more CLs. Hoping it all goes well so all CLs are back by fall.

I have RPC booked for 3 nights beginning of October and added 3 nights GV end of September. Hoping to add those 3 nights to RPC if I can get a discount and RPC is open. I'm not willing to pay rack for 6 nights, I probably will for 3 though since we are celebrating a big anniversary...a year late. We had to cancel our trip last October. :sad2:
Oh ok that’s good to know, hopefully it is just temporary. Although, I did think with them taking away BPK for Villas they may just use Sugarloaf as another outer building of rooms. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Happy Anniversary! Hope it all works out for this year and you get to celebrate in RPC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter