• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We are the same kind of travelers - thus why we book concierge/club level whenever it's possible. We ended up opting out of DME this last trip. We usually arrive the night before our trip 'officially' begins (go go west coast travel). Typically, we'd haul our luggage to DME in the morning from the Hyatt and then go park. This year I got a car and do not regret it for one moment. We also got a Lyft to the airport on the way back and it was a nice not having to leave 3 hours before our flight. We have CLEAR and any way I can minimize sitting around the airport twiddling thumbs is good.

How has your experience been with Clear at MCO? I’ve been debating the free trial, but would only be able to use it on the trip home because at JFK they only have it at Terminal 4 and JetBlue is in T5. I’m just trying as much as possible to minimize the pain of MCO (I have Global Entry so use Pre), already not thrilled about having to drop my bag there.

Re: DME lines, I’ve never experienced them but I’m always on the first or second flight out so I tend to arrive before the midday rush. JB did change my departure time on me this morning but I should still be arriving before 10am. My last pre-Covid trip there were all of 2 other groups on the bus to BC/YC/BWI/CBR at like 8am.

How has your experience been with Clear at MCO?

I know your weren’t asking me, but I have Clear and have had great experiences with it. The MCO line is almost always nonexistent, in my experience

Probably debatable whether it actually saves any time over just pre-check at MCO under normal conditions (it absolutely does at my home airport though, usually), but I’ve enjoyed the service.

You probably know this but the Clear line feeds into the pre-check security line, so all you’re really skipping is the ID/Boarding Pass check (replaced with a finger scan at the Clear kiosk).

How has your experience been with Clear at MCO?

It's been pretty good. This last time they didn't have the non-pre check line open (I haven't done the global entry stuff yet and am loooong overdue) but we were able to use Clear at pre-check and just guided to a different line to get through the of security. Still saved me time in the end. I'd estimate 20-30 minutes. Now at Seatac? It saved us over an hour of wait.

I have Clear because it's cheap with my Amex and totally worth it to skip lines. I'm definitely one of those throwing money at a line problem people so to me, there is value there even if I only use it a couple times a year.

Anyone who'd wait in a line even 1/2 that has to be insane. At the very least I'd head back upstairs to the food court and sit back with a drink while waiting for that line to drop.
I was in that line. An hour after joining the end of the line I was already in my room. The line moved Very quickly and buses were waiting. My bus only dropped at one resort also which saves you from multiple stops.

How has your experience been with Clear at MCO? I’ve been debating the free trial, but would only be able to use it on the trip home because at JFK they only have it at Terminal 4 and JetBlue is in T5. I’m just trying as much as possible to minimize the pain of MCO (I have Global Entry so use Pre), already not thrilled about having to drop my bag there.

Re: DME lines, I’ve never experienced them but I’m always on the first or second flight out so I tend to arrive before the midday rush. JB did change my departure time on me this morning but I should still be arriving before 10am. My last pre-Covid trip there were all of 2 other groups on the bus to BC/YC/BWI/CBR at like 8am.
FWIW I did the free trial in January. A lady pulled me out of a huge line and signed me up👍

I thought about it and since DH has precheck I’d rather get that. I had zero issues canceling the service, a charge did not show up on my account. Oh you cancel online too, no phone calls.

It's been pretty good. This last time they didn't have the non-pre check line open (I haven't done the global entry stuff yet and am loooong overdue) but we were able to use Clear at pre-check and just guided to a different line to get through the of security. Still saved me time in the end. I'd estimate 20-30 minutes. Now at Seatac? It saved us over an hour of wait.

I have Clear because it's cheap with my Amex and totally worth it to skip lines. I'm definitely one of those throwing money at a line problem people so to me, there is value there even if I only use it a couple times a year.
Is this an option not to go through the full body scanner? I have problem with my ankles that is now starting to show up on these scanners and pat downs are painful and embarrassing, even if quick. I'd go with TSA pre-check, but I've heard they still do pat downs.

Is this an option not to go through the full body scanner? I have problem with my ankles that is now starting to show up on these scanners and pat downs are painful and embarrassing, even if quick. I'd go with TSA pre-check, but I've heard they still do pat downs.

It is not, unfortunately. What Clear does is enable to you to skip the ID check portion of security. It gives you no advantage when it comes to going through the carry on check/scanners :(

Does anyone here do both DVC and club level? I am not talking about the AKL dvc club level rooms, but rather those who own DVC but still do club level for some trips or parts of trips.

We did club level once for a long weekend pre-covid and loved the convenience with small children. But we are considering getting into DVC for the 1-2 bedrooms as the kids get older.

I am torn between the larger villa sizes and the convenience of club level, and was wondering if anyone had experience with both to compare!
CL is what kept me from buying DVC for so many years. I am truly a CL kind of gal. We did finally purchase AKL...in order to get CL. Then Covid came along. We have stayed in 3 different DVC resorts obviously without CL (also none at our home resort) and I have really enjoyed it. The extra room in a 1 bedroom is phenomenal. I do have a CL DVC reservation at AKL in March 2022...hoping it is back and running by then!

Looking for input from those who might have recent experience with Universal HRH CL (the lounge, offerings, rooms, etc). I posted on the HRH thread, but thought I'd ask over here as well, just in case some who frequent here but not over there have any recent experience, opinions, tips, etc. TIA :flower3:

Looking for input from those who might have recent experience with Universal HRH CL (the lounge, offerings, rooms, etc). I posted on the HRH thread, but thought I'd ask over here as well, just in case some who frequent here but not over there have any recent experience, opinions, tips, etc. TIA :flower3:
LOL me too! I am still waiting for CURRENT info for PBH cl.

Come on people help us out:flower3:

I was in that line. An hour after joining the end of the line I was already in my room. The line moved Very quickly and buses were waiting. My bus only dropped at one resort also which saves you from multiple stops.
That is so great to hear! We arrive mid-day on a Saturday and that post made me very nervous. Luckily we have nowhere to be that first day - will probably just hang at Disney Springs - but it's always frustrating to have a long wait start off the trip. And rental car prices are really high right now too :(

We've stayed at HRH a couple of times over the past year but not CL. We wanted to wait until things were "back to normal " before we gave it a shot. I can tell you about the hotel in general though. The location is similar to CR to MK. You will come in on the US side so its a bit more of a walk to go to IOA. The rooms are nice but like CR the bathroom is not super user friendly. So its at an angle which makes for a quite small toliet and shower area. As in you can't be sitting on the toliet and close the door because there's literally centimeters of space to spare. That's my biggest and only gripe of the whole resort. Other than that, we really love it. The pool area has a very much fun, party vibe to it. We haven't had issues finding chairs, the drinks are always very good. The food at the hotel is good from what we've had. The rooms themselves have good space. Theres a k-cup, along with regular and flavored creamers. You get 2 free small waters, Fiji water is not free. We hide those so our kids don't accidentally open one. If you have any other questions please let me know. We have yet to stay at PBR but I think the best way to compare the 3 EP hotels is that HRH is similar to CR, PBR is like GF and RPR is like poly. Given slightly different themes but the vibes are similar. Except I would say HRH is a lot more party vs CR.

A few weeks back in this thread @GADisneyDad14 mentioned staying at the Four Seasons for a few days - and that they had housekeeping, etc.

I wanted to circle back around and share some brief info about staying at the new JW Marriott Bonnet Creek since I just returned last night from a seven night stay. It's definitely a 1st class hotel with impeccable service.

It is "on property" but it is NOT within walking distance to anything. It's the VERY last hotel on the "Bonnet Creek Resorts" road. They do have a shuttle to the parks which I did not use since I spent most of the trip with friends who had a vehicle. If you are curious, you can see the info for shuttles as well as menus, activities, etc. : https://jwbonnetcreek.ipoolside.com/

--hotel is beautiful - very modern and high end finishes abound.
--rooms are lovely - large rooms, stand-alone shower with separate tub, small entry way with space for leaving keys, magic bands, etc. I am Platinum with Marriot and was upgraded to one of their Executive Suites which has a King bedroom, full walk-in closet, living room with sleeper sofa, and an extra 1/2 bath. These Executive Suites connect to a regular room with 2 queen beds for a full 2-bedroom suite and is a bookable "room"
--daily housekeeping was standard and I was told at check-in I didn't need to opt-in, but would need to "opt out" if I didn't want it. Housekeeping was stellar with lots of attention to detail. They fully cleaned my room, including replacing the bath mat part way through the stay. SO nice to come back to a clean and tidy room.
--I was greeted upon arrival by valet/bellman. He unloaded by bags, waited while I got checked in, and took my bags up to my room. And ensured I knew the lay of the land before he left.
--They had several restaurants/lounges open. Including a breakfast buffet (included for up to 2 Marriott Elite guests or $29/per adult) and it was EXCELLENT. The employees serve you from the buffet and it includes an omelette station.. Their daily hours for the rest of the restaurants varies based on occupancy. They have dinner room service daily and breakfast room service on the weekends.
--There are two pools separated by a bar area - a large family pool and a smaller adult pool. There are also activities on their 6th floor roof - 9 holes of mini-golf, a climbing wall open on the weekends, and a kids play center (which is supervised only right now)
--They do offer an AP rate (Promo Code QWH ) which made the basic view room $179/night. There is a daily $25 resort fee. But that's still far less than any of the deluxe hotels on property. Parking is $29/self-park. Some packages include parking.

While there is no club lounge, this was definitely a 1st class experience. My last day was rainy, so I elected to stay at the resort all day rather than go into the parks. And it was SUCH a relaxing day. And I will be game to stay there again for sure.

Poly should be available for dates as of July 19th. I just did a quick search and even found the Ambassador Suite available for July 19 - 25.

Dave

We've stayed at HRH a couple of times over the past year but not CL. We wanted to wait until things were "back to normal " before we gave it a shot. I can tell you about the hotel in general though. The location is similar to CR to MK. You will come in on the US side so its a bit more of a walk to go to IOA. The rooms are nice but like CR the bathroom is not super user friendly. So its at an angle which makes for a quite small toliet and shower area. As in you can't be sitting on the toliet and close the door because there's literally centimeters of space to spare. That's my biggest and only gripe of the whole resort. Other than that, we really love it. The pool area has a very much fun, party vibe to it. We haven't had issues finding chairs, the drinks are always very good. The food at the hotel is good from what we've had. The rooms themselves have good space. Theres a k-cup, along with regular and flavored creamers. You get 2 free small waters, Fiji water is not free. We hide those so our kids don't accidentally open one. If you have any other questions please let me know. We have yet to stay at PBR but I think the best way to compare the 3 EP hotels is that HRH is similar to CR, PBR is like GF and RPR is like poly. Given slightly different themes but the vibes are similar. Except I would say HRH is a lot more party vs CR.

Thank you so much for this! Your comparison of the Universal resorts to the Disney resorts gives me good idea of what the Universal resorts are like. It's a short trip as we'll only be there 2 nights, but I'm looking forward to our stay. Thanks again :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter