Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Do the math and make sure you go the deal you think you did. I'm DVC so don't have a clue what the price difference between a Club room and a regular standard room would be, but a refund of just $100 a night sounds like Disney didn't offer up any discounts.
Hi Twinklebug - Thanks for the concern! I wasn’t expecting a discount. I was just hoping for a refund on the difference (which it was) between CL and non CL room. Based on what I had been reading on the boards lately Disney didn’t seem to be offering refunds and instead were placing people at different resorts like the Contemporary (non CL room) while keeping the amount paid the same. In this case I was happy to stay at the Gran Destino Tower with the price adjustment.

Hi Twinklebug - Thanks for the concern! I wasn’t expecting a discount. I was just hoping for a refund on the difference (which it was) between CL and non CL room. Based on what I had been reading on the boards lately Disney didn’t seem to be offering refunds and instead were placing people at different resorts like the Contemporary (non CL room) while keeping the amount paid the same. In this case I was happy to stay at the Gran Destino Tower with the price adjustment.
Got'cha. I was aware Disney was pulling what you described on DVC owners, moving folk to other resorts, but not offering points returned. I was not aware they were doing the same to cash guests.

We had a Gran Destino Tower standard CL room booked for this November for 5 nights. I called knowing that CL was pretty much not happening. We were moved to a regular standard room at Gran Destino Tower for the same dates with a refund of $500.
There is really nothing really special about a Std CL room at the GDT. They are scattered over the building and floors. Only real major difference is CL lounge access. Pricing of CL can range from $100-$250 per night depending on season.

Now the $$$ difference in a CL Suite downgrading to a Std room is larger price savings.

Dave

Hi - I wanted to share my recent experience...
We had a Gran Destino Tower standard CL room booked for this November for 5 nights. I called knowing that CL was pretty much not happening. We were moved to a regular standard room at Gran Destino Tower for the same dates with a refund of $500. I don‘t know if we would have been offered another option as I was so surprised they offered the refund I took it before they offered anything else.
Nice to hear! That offer actually makes sense.

Ok silly question, but I’ve never done it , so wanted to ask. If I already have a 12 day trip planned around thanksgiving. Can I book a separate , day 8 day trip during the same time at a different resort ....without messing with my original reservation ?? Then I plan to cancel whichever one won’t work by mid October.

When you book AKV on DVC this warning comes up now:
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures. Follow all posted instructions while visiting Walt Disney World Resort. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. View important details.
Kilimanjaro Club Concierge rooms at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House are available for booking. Note that Club Level Amenities, services, and Cast Members are not currently available. A date has not been determined when those amenities will reopen. Should these amenities remain unavailable during your stay, you will be refunded the vacation point difference between the room type booked and the comparable Standard View room after check-out.

We have taken enhanced health and safety measures. Follow all posted instructions while visiting Walt Disney World Resort. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. View important details.
Kilimanjaro Club Concierge rooms at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House are available for booking. Note that Club Level Amenities, services, and Cast Members are not currently available. A date has not been determined when those amenities will reopen. Should these amenities remain unavailable during your stay, you will be refunded the vacation point difference between the room type booked and the comparable Standard View room after check-out.
Now that makes sense! Finally 🙄

1. I've noticed a lot more inventory of the AKL club level rooms today than I have seen recently! I've been stalking for Jan, but there are lots of dates that just opened up for Sept - Dec today!

2. I think this update that you post, seems fair, but I would really like to hear others weigh in. In the end of June we had AKL CL DVC booked and I think the trade they offered us was "not fair". We booked AKL CL studio, and they wanted to upgrade us to a 1BR (no CL). In my opinion a studio CL is much better than a 1BR (no CL), even though the 1BR is more points. I feel like a refund of the additional points is a much better option! Let me make sure I understand the comment. Does this mean that if I book a AKL CL studio room, and CL is not offered when I arrive, then I get a refund of points between AKL CL studio (about 20 points) and a AKL standard studio (about 12 points), so I would get 8 points back per night if CL is not offered when I arrive. I think that is very fair if that is what they mean! But please tell me if I am missing something.

1. I've noticed a lot more inventory of the AKL club level rooms today than I have seen recently! I've been stalking for Jan, but there are lots of dates that just opened up for Sept - Dec today!

2. I think this update that you post, seems fair, but I would really like to hear others weigh in. In the end of June we had AKL CL DVC booked and I think the trade they offered us was "not fair". We booked AKL CL studio, and they wanted to upgrade us to a 1BR (no CL). In my opinion a studio CL is much better than a 1BR (no CL), even though the 1BR is more points. I feel like a refund of the additional points is a much better option! Let me make sure I understand the comment. Does this mean that if I book a AKL CL studio room, and CL is not offered when I arrive, then I get a refund of points between AKL CL studio (about 20 points) and a AKL standard studio (about 12 points), so I would get 8 points back per night if CL is not offered when I arrive. I think that is very fair if that is what they mean! But please tell me if I am missing something.
That’s what I interpret it to mean as well. The only issue I could see is if you are traveling close to the end of your use year - how would they handle the expiration of those returned points?

That’s what I interpret it to mean as well. The only issue I could see is if you are traveling close to the end of your use year - how would they handle the expiration of those returned points?

I would think they’d work with you, but then again, I keep hearing different ways situations are presently being handled... some good - but others are being told sorry - RCI only. These are questions I’d definitely be asking!

Can someone tell me what deluxe hotels were in the AP offer and what % the discount is. I can't see them because my pass isn't activated yet. I'm also currently away at Lake George so my husband will kill me if I call😆🤣

Can someone tell me what deluxe hotels were in the AP offer and what % the discount is. I can't see them because my pass isn't activated yet. I'm also currently away at Lake George so my husband will kill me if I call😆🤣

It’s 40% for the AP offer. GF, CR, and YC (as they are the only open or about to open Deluxe resorts). Based on current announced resort info, those are the only Deluxes that will be open during the offer period (through 12/25).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter