Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I hope you have a wonderful stay. The club level there is so relaxing and the resort is breathtaking. It is definitely on our list to do again.

Thank you! We've stayed at AKL in the past but never CL, so I'm excited to try it. We're not planning to do any parks this trip, so we'll have plenty of time in the lounge :).

We stayed Club Level at BWI Jan 6-8. We're six, so we had a Deluxe room, #3255, with a view of Crescent Lake and the Boardwalk. Loved it. Wonderful service beginning with Jackie at check in and, on a trip where I had lots of good food, my favorite items were the polenta, shrimp scampi, and chicken Alfredo I had at the Innkeeper's Lounge. I had Domaine Ste. Michelle champagne with everything except afternoon snack time, where I had lemonade. My kids loved making snack bags, and my DD's eyes popped out for the candy bar. (She liked the cheese and olives on offer, too.)
We had travel size H2O+ toiletries, as we did at Art of Animation earlier in our trip, but these also included a body lotion that AoA did not get. Six months ago, DSS got me our desired TS reservations and a PPO BBB ressie. So I consider the CL part of our trip to be a worthy splurge, considering I got it with a goodly AP discount.
AMA! (Ask me anything.)

Glad you had a great time :goodvibes.

Here is our #3255 morning view. We took the stairs up and down the one flight to the main floor (which is the second floor at BWI) or to the lounge on the fourth floor. I liked skipping the elevators.
View attachment 464404

Beautiful view :cloud9:

I LOVED the homemade potato chips made fresh.

OMG I love those chips!! :goodvibes

None of my pours at Poly CL this past week were small. Granted I did pour them myself. 8-)

But they have stopped leaving beer and wine out once apps are over at 7pm. They used to leave the beer in the fridge and wine out all the way through 10pm. Not anymore. It’s by request, which at Poly isn’t usually a big deal since CMs are pretty accessible. But a change, nonetheless.
When GF changed that last year I noticed it right away. The cms were exhausted. All they did was fetch beverages from 7-10!

They increased the prices by the $100's so why so stingy???

My next stay is at RR and I can have wine and mimosa's whenever I want without a wait! Actually looking for ward to that!

Hello! In previous trips we've stayed CL at AKL (very nice), the YC (first time was great, second was meh), and a few times at BWI (our favorite CL experience by far!). This year, with a 3 yo, we're planning on booking at the GF SL, mainly because our park focus will be MK. I would love to hear recent experiences about the SL lounge and staff (good and/or bad) as we plan for another hopefully amazing trip!

Thanks!
Please let me know what info you would like! I just returned on Monday and we had a fabulous first stay at SL! I had read some pretty "mediocre at best" reviews, and I was so worried that we wouldn't love it, we have stayed CL several times before and I am pretty picky. We LOVED SL! The food was fantastic, the lounge was relaxing and never crowded, the staff were attentive and friendly, the location is great. I am not sure what specifics you are looking for, but ask any questions and I'll be happy to answer them for you. Our stay was perfect and I would love to stay there again.

Please let me know what info you would like! I just returned on Monday and we had a fabulous first stay at SL! I had read some pretty "mediocre at best" reviews, and I was so worried that we wouldn't love it, we have stayed CL several times before and I am pretty picky. We LOVED SL! The food was fantastic, the lounge was relaxing and never crowded, the staff were attentive and friendly, the location is great. I am not sure what specifics you are looking for, but ask any questions and I'll be happy to answer them for you. Our stay was perfect and I would love to stay there again.
Thank you and glad to hear you had a wonderful experience! I haven't seen a lot of glowing reviews recently on the Grand in general but this is certainly encouraging. Got to run now but thank you for being available for questions! I'll pass your feelings regarding SL on to my DD and DSIL and I'm sure we'll have a few.

They removed CL from the BC Deluxe Rooms, not BWI. That is probably what you read, I’m guessing.
Had a quick question for you. On another thread you said you didn't care for the BWI. Can I ask why? I have it booked for the summer and I'm afraid we won't like it. I'm already thinking of switching lol.

We have only stayed at Wilderness Lodge CL and Gran Destino CL so far. We are looking into Boardwalk Inn CL but wondering how it compares to the others we have experienced. The food offerings at WL were a big hit for my kids. How are the offerings at BWI for hot apps? Also what is the beer/wine/champagne selection like?

We decided to go BC CL instead of AK CL. It is my sons favorite resort and pool. Although we will miss the animals I like that we can get to two parks and back easily. I also know the lounge is close to the rooms. Also, important to us to have other food options nearby (albeit quick service at BC is bleh to me) like at Epcot or YC and BWI. Our last experience maybe two years ago BC CL was ok. Not great but pretty good. I hesitate this time because prices have gotten so high IMO but I’m also after a more relaxing trip with sleeping in and more resort time. Any recent experiences or pics of BC CL welcome. Just not to negative, lol! 😉😅

I’ll be there this weekend, I’ll try to remember to take some pics

Too busy in the BC CL to really get any pics of the food without people in the way, but I took notes...

Sat breakfast
Bacon Egg & Cheese frittatas
Oatmeal
Pastries, muffins, toast, bagels
Fruit
Yogurt and granola
Ham & Roast Beef
Cheeses
Hard-boiled eggs

Sat evening appetizers
Chicken nuggets
Pulled pork sliders
Beef & Onion Jam Crostinis
Roasted Cold Vegetables
Farro wheat salad
Chickpea salad with feta & roasted garlic
Cheese and crackers
Tomato soup
Apples & Caramel

Sun breakfast
Biscuits & gravy
Oatmeal
Fruit
Yogurt and granola
Ham & Roast Beef
Cheeses
Hard-boiled eggs

Sun evening appetizers
Buffalo Chicken cutlets with blue cheese aioli
Mac & Cheese
Shrimp & Avocado toast
Tomato & Mozzarella salad
Roasted Cold Vegetables
Thai beef salad
Make your own PB&J
Olives
Cheese and crackers
Minestrone soup

Lunch snacks (both days)
Chips (old bay & plain on Sat, pita on Sun)
Mini Pitas
Veggies (tomatoes, carrots, broccoli)
Garlic ranch dip
Roasted red pepper Hummus
Cookies (choc chip, oatmeal, sugar)
Gummy bears, trail mix, Cheese whales, Key lime yogurt pretzels
Leftover meats, cheeses, pastries from breakfast

Other stuff:
Regular water in dispenser (no bottles)
Perrier in fridge along with coke, Diet Coke, sprite, club soda, tonic, grapefruit juice, tomato juice
Extra drinks in dispensers at breakfast and lunch (cranberry, Stormalong Bay Breeze, iced tea, lemonade, milk, choc milk at various points)
Coffee/tea available all day
Ice cream (choc & vanilla) & lemonade bars in freezer all day

Didn’t notice specifically what wine, beer & liqueurs, but they did have Angry Orchard Cider, Baileys, Frangelico

There was enough food available that we only spent $5 on food all weekend, and that was waffle fries at SAB, only because we didn’t want to leave the pool and hike upstairs to grab a snack.

If people have specific questions, I’ll try to answer. :-)

Too busy in the BC CL to really get any pics of the food without people in the way, but I took notes...

Sat breakfast
Bacon Egg & Cheese frittatas
Oatmeal
Fruit
Yogurt and granola
Ham & Roast Beef
Cheeses
Hard-boiled eggs

Sat evening appetizers
Chicken nuggets
Pulled pork sliders
Beef & Onion Jam Crostinis
Roasted Cold Vegetables
Farro wheat salad
Chickpea salad with feta & roasted garlic
Cheese and crackers
Tomato soup
Apples & Caramel

Sun breakfast
Biscuits & gravy
Oatmeal
Fruit
Yogurt and granola
Ham & Roast Beef
Cheeses
Hard-boiled eggs

Sun evening appetizers
Buffalo Chicken cutlets with blue cheese aioli
Mac & Cheese
Shrimp & Avocado toast
Tomato & Mozzarella salad
Roasted Cold Vegetables
Thai beef salad
Make your own PB&J
Olives
Cheese and crackers
Minestrone soup

Lunch snacks (both days)
Chips (old bay & plain on Sat, pita on Sun)
Mini Pitas
Veggies (tomatoes, carrots, broccoli)
Garlic ranch dip
Roasted red pepper Hummus
Cookies (choc chip, oatmeal, sugar)
Gummy bears, trail mix, Cheese whales, Key lime yogurt pretzels
Leftover meats, cheeses, pastries from breakfast

Other stuff:
Regular water in dispenser (no bottles)
Perrier in fridge along with coke, Diet Coke, sprite, club soda, tonic, grapefruit juice, tomato juice
Extra drinks in dispensers at breakfast and lunch (cranberry, Stormalong Bay Breeze, iced tea, lemonade, milk, choc milk at various points)
Coffee/tea available all day
Ice cream (choc & vanilla) & lemonade bars in freezer all day

Didn’t notice specifically what wine, beer & liqueurs, but they did have Angry Orchard Cider, Baileys, Frangelico

There was enough food available that we only spent $5 on food all weekend, and that was waffle fries at SAB, only because we didn’t want to leave the pool and hike upstairs to grab a snack.

If people have specific questions, I’ll try to answer. :-)
So they had Perrier in the fridge? I asked Disney Signature Services over email if the they had sparkling water available and was told no. Ha! Let's hope it's still there when we come in a couple of weeks! Thanks for all the info!

So they had Perrier in the fridge? I asked Disney Signature Services over email if the they had sparkling water available and was told no. Ha! Let's hope it's still there when we come in a couple of weeks! Thanks for all the info!

It was there yesterday. Don’t know if it’s always there, but it was definitely there this past weekend.

Personally, I find DSS pretty useless. I contacted them about a few things prior to this trip, such as marathon road closures and pool/restaurant hours, and every answer was “ask the front desk when you get to the resort”

Hello! In previous trips we've stayed CL at AKL (very nice), the YC (first time was great, second was meh), and a few times at BWI (our favorite CL experience by far!). This year, with a 3 yo, we're planning on booking at the GF SL, mainly because our park focus will be MK. I would love to hear recent experiences about the SL lounge and staff (good and/or bad) as we plan for another hopefully amazing trip!

Thanks!
I stayed there twice this summer, and while the first trip we had horrible service the trip two weeks later was awesome. I had been in contact with the CL manager at GF, and they were working on making changes, and it sounds like they worked since I've only heard good things since then. It's not really a lounge you can really relax in, more just for eating, but it does the job and the food is pretty good. My girls liked that the pool is right outside the building, and the kiddie pool isn't that far either (although my girls are too big for that one, yours is just the right age). It was super convenient to take the monorail over to MK every day, and then we usually took the boat back for our midday break which was really nice. I think DD8 could live off of their mac n' cheese that she had twice while there, and DD11 loved walking right around the corner of the building to watch HEA fireworks the evenings we were at the resort. The rooms are very pretty, good size, and mousekeeping was always wonderful and left great surprises for my girls. Aside from my bad CM experience that first trip this summer it really is a pretty good CL.

Happy Monday everyone!

Question not CL related but I know you guys always seem to point me in the right direction. 🙂 🙂
Travelling with a friend next week and she has the MDE app as well. I booked everything for us, so on my app it says she is managed by me. How do I connect her so she can see what I am seeing?

Thanks....

Happy Monday everyone!

Question not CL related but I know you guys always seem to point me in the right direction. 🙂 🙂
Travelling with a friend next week and she has the MDE app as well. I booked everything for us, so on my app it says she is managed by me. How do I connect her so she can see what I am seeing?

Thanks....

Hi there!

Go to the MDE App. On the bottom right, click on the three lines.

Scroll down to MY PROFILE.

8E789B38-55A2-426A-B802-02846BE87E07.jpeg

Then on the Top Right click on: FAMILY AND FRIENDS LIST.

41CDB422-C44B-4EF5-898C-642757A7502E.png

Then go to: ADD A GUEST.

F2DC7713-3E47-4826-A792-7A3F7A2601C4.png

Fill in their information and it will send them a message. Once she approves you, you should be able to see her name. Then, click on her name and you will see this. Click on which option you would like to share with her. After that you guys should be able to see each other’s plans. Good luck!

EBD4ADA5-A110-41E9-BCF9-11F87C15D97A.jpeg

Good luck!

Last edited:
Hi all, I just booked AKL CL for a March trip with DH. I've never stayed at AKL and am looking forward to it. I usually travel with DD and we are commando type park hoppers, so BWI and YC work best for us. This will be a little slower and laid back. I've enjoyed reading about the AKL CL experiences and look forward to hearing more. Any tips are appreciated.

Hi there!

Go to the MDE App. On the bottom right, click on the three lines.

Scroll down to MY PROFILE.

View attachment 464864

Then on the Top Right click on: FAMILY AND FRIENDS LIST.

View attachment 464866

Then go to: ADD A GUEST.

View attachment 464867

Fill in their information and it will send them a message. Once she approves you, you should be able to see her name. Then, click on her name and you will see this. Click on which option you would like to share with her. After that you guys should be able to see each other’s plans. Good luck!

View attachment 464868

Good luck!
Okay awesome! Thank you!

Does anyone know if the AK CL has Frangelico? I thought there used to be a specific thread for AK CL, but couldn't find it. I read in post 26,268 that BC CL has it and Baileys.
I don't think all the club levels have the same liqueurs. I sure would like AK CL have Frangelico when I am there in July. I have read of people requesting things, do you think I could proactively reach out to them and ask them to have it?

Last edited:
Had a quick question for you. On another thread you said you didn't care for the BWI. Can I ask why? I have it booked for the summer and I'm afraid we won't like it. I'm already thinking of switching lol.

Dang...busted speaking ill of BWI CL outside of this thread! Lol....

So your question... I sort of chalk it up to one of those things that proves life wouldn’t be any fun if we all agreed on everything or had the same travel opinions/preferences. I am certainly in the minority around here when it comes to BWI, so I’m the oddball.

I think most of it is that BWI as a resort just doesn’t speak to us all that much. Love the location, the theme and layout isn’t my favorite. The pool is fine, we just like others better. No zero entry pool and no true kids splash pad are dings (my kids are younger). I’m not one to be too concerned with room style, but the rooms are sort of Grandma’s house’ish for my taste (love you Grandma!).

While this can happen anywhere, we had a bout of crowded lounge conditions during our stay. Seemed like every time we tried for evening apps there was nowhere to sit. In fairness, this was during the Princess Half Marathon weekend, which I sometimes think inspires more folks hanging around the lounges given early wake up calls.

Food and beverage were great and worthy of the high praise they consistently receive on the thread. I did find the cooking odors in the evening odd (it’s pretty overpowering all over the halls depending on what’s cooking), but I don’t really count that as a big deal.

We didn’t experience any CM interactions or attentiveness that were different than any other CL (if anything it might have been below-average), but that is also often mentioned as a major highlight around here.

I love this thread, but sometimes I think I let the chatter build expectations too much in my head for some CLs before trying them. I think it happened to us for BWI, like it happened for GF RPC. Both nice resorts and CLs... but at the end of the day, just Disney CLs - complete with their various pros and cons.

Full disclosure - we only have one BWI CL stay, Feb 2018, so that has some age to it. We were there for an adults only trip and were really excited to try it as we had a vision that it would be a great spot with no kids, but left with the conclusion that we just like other places better. I think one stay isn’t enough to make a fair assessment so I do hope to return someday, just haven’t found the right trip to do it again.

Sorry that was TLDR!

To note regarding BWI CL cooking odors since it's been mentioned a few times recently. A few visits ago they started pulling a majority of the cooking out of the lounge. They still do assembly and stuff like adding the sauce to pasta, maybe giving finish to a steak to give it some heat but the bulk of the cooking is no longer done right in the lounge. Only a few things here and there

Does anyone know if the AK CL has Frangelico? I thought there used to be a specific thread for AK CL, but couldn't find it. I read in post 26,268 that BC CL has it and Baileys.
I don't think all the club levels have the same liqueurs. I sure would like AK CL have Frangelico when I am there in July. I have read of people requesting things, do you think I could proactively reach out to them and ask them to have it?

I've never seen Frangelico at AKL CL, however, that doesn't mean it's not been there before. Maybe someone there now can give input. As for requesting things, I think that's referring to requesting items or beverages that they already have on hand but just not out, such as the Sangria or certain types of beer. I will say that you will LOVE the lounge and all of the offerings at AKL. It's my home resort for a reason. :lovestruc

Hi everyone!

I have another question that I don't even know where to ask it, so please direct me to the right spot if you don't know the answer. 🙂

My travel companion is training for a half marathon and on one of our days she needs to do a long run. We are staying at Poly. Does anyone know where I might could suggest to her to run?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter