Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So I’ve been watching and reading reviews of WL CL and other CLs, and it almost seems like each CL is run by a different company!

They do seem to have their own way of doing things. We were at WL CL for four nights then moved to BC CL for two nights and there were a lot of differences between the two. For one thing, WL CL had Coke Zero but the BC CL did not have it. They had Diet Coke instead.
To some degree they are run by different companies. By that I mean each CL manager has a whole lot of leeway in what they request and how they operate their "domains"
I'm sure the overall Resort Manager has a lot to do with things too.
So while it's all Disney and there are sets of minimums they have a lot of room to be different too.
So that's why BWI has a chef and just installed filtered and sparkling water on tap and why WL has beer on tap and YC has ice cream freezers, and other resorts don't have those things
It can be good or bad I think, since it's great that they are all a little different but bad in that when you have something you love (like the beer tap for us) it would be great if they all had that

We just got back last night from a 4-night(Wed.-Sun.) CL stay at the new CSR Gran Destino Tower. It was just DH & me this time for a little get-away trip. We’re very familiar with CSR & have previously stayed there about 7 or 8 times over the years(including the old Business Class). However, in recent years we have mainly switched over to deluxe resorts except for the occasional one-night CSR add-on here & there. Because it has always been our go-to moderate, I was quite curious about the new CL & very excited to try it out so soon after opening.

I know this was long, but I also know that some of you are hoping for details like I was.:) I’ll do a separate post on the actual lounge itself tomorrow. If you have any questions, I’ll be glad to answer them if I can.

Thanks for your review and pics. Looking forward to your review of the lounge :flower3:.

I know I mention this often but the bus to MK is way faster than the boat when time is important,

I agree ;)

I just got back from a stay at GF Sugarloaf CL and I hate to say it but the entire experience was probably the worst on-site WDW resort experience I have ever had. That being said the mousekeeping staff in Sugarloaf were absolutely wonderful, they greeted us cheerfully as we passed and always did fun things in our room for DD(8) which she absolutely loved. She has medical issues and some sensory issues, and can come off looking a bit disheveled even when I spent half an hour trying to to combat the craziness that is her hair, but she was treated so well by them when they saw her that it really made both of our trips awesome. The club level staff and other staff around the resort were the exact opposite though. We encountered issues around every turn, all of which should not have happened in the first place and were the result of people not doing their jobs they way they should, and I had to take time out to stop by and get them resolved which usually ended up with other issues popping up as a result. DD always had a hard time waiting for me to do this and it really took a lot of time out of our days on an already short-ish trip. Bell services were also horrible, I watched them bend over backwards for some guests, rushing around to meet their every need, and when I needed my bags I was met with "well it looks like there might be a storm coming so you will have to wait." and then at check-out the girl at the desk told me I couldn't get my bags from her that I had stored (one backpack with stuffed animals in it, one small carry-on suitcase, and a disney shopping bag with a Pokemon in it, not a large order to carry out) and that I had to go out to valet to get it and they would take it to my car. I didn't have a car. It was an hour until the ME came and I just wanted to get my change of clothes for the plane out and change, and DD really wanted to get her hands on her stuffed animals so we were going to want them in the building while we waited. Instead I had to march out to the valet desk with an upset DD who didn't understand why the lady wouldn't give her our bags, and then walk all the way back inside. I was then watched like a hawk by GF staff like I was doing something I should't be, every move I made two staff members followed me and even quickly came in to inspect a shopping bag on the floor that I had just emptied out as I transferred the contents to my case (I was looking for a trashcan so I stood up and walked a few steps to look around, dude comes over and looks in the bag and back at me like I had stolen something). We ended up going outside to sit and wait because they were making me so uncomfortable and so I could more easily hide the fact that I was crying because of their behavior. I also noticed certain club level staff talking bad about other staff members, one even visibly making fun of the way one of them walked saying she waddled around like a walrus and even did a big dramatic waddle walk and mocking voice right there in the lounge in front of me while talking to the other CM. The next morning, while hanging in the lounge before having to go get our bags and leave, I overheard several CMs again bashing other staff members and even talking badly about guests.....within earshot of several CL guests in the lounge. This is also after I had my full breakfast cleared from my table yesterday morning when I got up to go grab DD something. Full bowl of oatmeal untouched, full cup of coffee with only a sip taken from it, and DDs food (she had gotten up to follow me to make sure I got the right food she requested) all just gone and I was only up from the table for a moment. She told me maybe I should think about leaving a personal item at the table so next time that doesn't happen -_- . I only had my phone on me and if she thought I was just going to lay my phone on the table and walk away she's crazy. Of course usually I was pretty much ignored by the staff, like I had been branded with something telling them I wasn't supposed to be there. I was always nice, always calm when I talked with them, but I guess I just don't look rich enough for them to care.
Overall it just left a horrible taste in my mouth for GF CL, which I have stayed at previously and loved, and unfortunately for the whole resort as a whole. It's also unfortunate that I have it booked to go back to with DD(11) in 1.5 weeks, I would love to change it but she is dead set on staying there and already told me she would die if I changed it (a little dramatic).
I'm so sorry this happened to you. Please reach out to Disney and let them know about your experience. You don't want to have the same experience next week.

Just so everyone knows (don't want to go back and copy all the stuff, I'm feeling a tad lazy lol) I did reach out to Disney after leaving the resort on Sunday evening, and I conveniently had a resort survey waiting in my inbox right after post here that I filled out. I really hate complaining to them because I know everyone has off days, but in this case it was like the whole resort was having an off week so I just can't let it go. Really not looking forward to my stay next week, I even tried to change it to another CL but there doesn't seem to be anything available during our stay :(

I'm sorry that you had such a disappointing experience. It's completely unacceptable for any Cast Members to make fun of or speak about guests in a rude or derogatory manner. I agree that you should email WDW Guest Services.

A few things:
The point about the CM at the front desk being unable to retrieve your bags is true. She was doing her job correctly. Front desk staff do not have access to the bag stored by Bell Services. And to my knowledge, if you checked the bags into Bell Services yourself you are the one that must request them from Bell Services when you need access to them.

Also, the CM in the lounge was also doing her job in clearing the tables. Many times I've seen guests leave near-full plates on the tables as they depart the lounge. The CMs are responsible for keeping the tables clear. It's unfortunate that she cleared away your breakfast, but if the table is unoccupied they will typically clear quite quickly.

From personal experience, I've never felt like my family has received much attention from the lounge CMs. I've always had to track one down to request a mimosa etc. I've never had them proactively offer me things etc.
It was the girl at bell services that wouldn't retrieve my bag, NOT the front desk (I never actually spoke to anyone at the front desk my entire trip since I did online check-in and my room was paid off already prior to arriving I didn't feel the need), I watched her retrieve someones bags right before helping me who then went out and got in a taxi so it's not like they don't retrieve bags at all for people when they are checking out. Also when I called to get my bags from bell services after going to my room I called bell services and they answered as such, I've done this rodeo before and know what I'm doing (I'm also the only one in my party who would request them since I clearly stated that I was alone with my DD -_- ). The CM who cleared the table also had seen me just put my food down as she cleared a table next to me, she knew it, she looked right at me and then proceeded to clear it as soon as I left to get my DD more food, if I'm alone with my child how on earth am I supposed to show I'm coming back, make an announcement?! I know they aren't going to offer me things, but when I approach them for something and they look at me and walk away that's a problem. I generally like being left alone since I'm generally an introvert, but this was just plain people being rude. I can't type everything that happened in my post because it would be a novel, but if you had been there you would have seen it was obvious that they were ignoring certain guests.

To further expand on the bold, as we use this a lot on our trips at departure
I believe the PP meant she approached the Bell Services desk inside to retrieve their stuff at departure, not Front Desk.
But yes, when you are departing, the Bell Services will tell you to go outside to request your bags. It's just the process they do. Arrival you get it inside, departure outside. Even if you aren't leaving yet, you go outside, get the bags and then either to go ME, Ride Share or leave. This is how we've had to do it every resort, every trip. Left last night and that was our exact process too. So yes, they were doing their job following the process as it's set up.

They quickly cleared about one of my plates left unattended at BWI yesterday. I had my iPad at the table but had sat it in the chair and it wasn't noticed. But they do clear them quickly and a full plate of food means nothing since unfortunately, many guests will fill plates and never eat it and just walk out.
When I dropped my bags off the CM told me I could retrieve them there or outside if I was getting them directly before leaving, but if I needed the bags sooner I could retrieve them inside so that's what I did. I've done it before while staying there since I generally need something inside the bags well before leaving, a change of clothes or a phone charger, something like that. I wouldn't have minded if I was leaving directly because I would have passed by them anyway, but I had almost an hour to kill. They shouldn't tell people one thing and do another. I've also retrieved my bag from the inside bell services at nearly every deluxe and they always give it to me right there and never say anything about going outside.

I am putting together a list of pros and cons for the two resorts on our list for our next trip.
We are thinking of WL CL now instead of CR CL due to budget...and we only had one experience with CL before when we were pixie dusted during our 5th anniversary (Poly) we got MK view Hawaii building, third floor...spoiled! It’s been a desire to stay CL again ever since.

In some ways, each CL is unique, but in other ways they are all quite similar. All of them are nice. Food is a tricky subject, because it is highly subjective, and because the CL food offerings change a bit randomly over time.

In my opinion, most CL breakfast offerings are very similar, except they never used to have eggs and only GF had cold cuts. BWI now- from what I have read- has some unique offerings, and AKL has some slightly unique offerings. IMO though, white bread is white bread, and muffins/pastries are pretty much muffins/pastries. The exact flavor isn't important. All CL's have breads, pastries, fruit, yogurt, often oatmeal, and assorted beverages.

It is the evening appetizers that vary the most between CL's, and vary the most over time. Between CR and WL, WL's are a little bit heartier and I like them better. CR tends to be more towards appetizer-style foods.

For desserts:. Again, WL tends to be a little heartier. I can't say for sure what you'll get, but they used to offer cobblers pretty often. Where CR's desserts tend to be a little fancier- more like little tarts, petit-four sized cakes, and shot glasses of layered cream style desserts (like mousse) with extra fancy chocolate sprinkles. Both are great, but I slightly prefer CR's.

WL -as a resort- has more fanciful theming and pool. WL feels like a great lodge in a national park. When I'm at CR, I know I'm in a hotel near MK. CR is a short walk to MK, WL is a bus or boat ride away. A fun boat but it takes a little longer than walking. Though CR's theming isn't exciting, IMO, it is very tranquil. It also has a nice view. A few WL tables are near a big window, but not as many.

Of the lounges, Poly, CR and the new CSR have the best theme park views. GF-main building has some partial view of MK and many windows. BWK, YC, AKL, GF-outer building, and BC don't offer much/any outdoor view. (BC has windows, but no real view of anything exciting.) AKL, WL, and GF-main building overlook (+ have nice view) of their hotel lobbies. GF-main has live music part of the day. I think all of the CL's have tv's. Sometimes they run cable news (ugh!), sometimes they run the WDW calendar, Disney cartoons, local news AM), weather, or something else (HGTV at BC).

Staff at all CL's are usually professional and quite nice, but this is also highly personal and subjective. Some are stellar, some are less personable, a few are maybe a little over-eager at times. (like clearing dishes too quickly as described above.)

All the CL's are worth a stay! That's perhaps the biggest risk; getting spoiled for CL!

Ok:tigger::mickeyjum:goofy::donald:
I finally have my resorts finalized!!
I have snagged a split of Beach Club Garden view 10/9-19/13 then Beach Club Club Level
10/13-10/15 ! No switching resorts and a taste of Club Level. All with Passholder discounts.
Now I want to add dining to first resort stay .
Hopefully that will go smoothly.

It was the girl at bell services that wouldn't retrieve my bag, NOT the front desk (I never actually spoke to anyone at the front desk ….
thanks for all the details. Sorry, you had such a negative experience.

As I iust posted- overall- we feel the CL CM's are usually very good, sometimes stellar- but we've also encountered a few CM's that were less than super over our stays.

For us, I'd say most of the REALLY-less-than-professional CM's have been in the parks.

That said, we had one CL stay that was a bit of a bomb (long list of problems), and another that was a quite a mixed bag. It can happen.

Quick question for everyone:

Do any of the CLs “lock up” at 10 pm or can you walk in after hours to get a soda or water etc? Do any of them leave light snacks out after “close”? I watched a review that stated WL locked up with a big chain and gate...but the review was from 2015.
We usually take a little food back and put it in the fridge incase we want a snack after the lounge closes. We usually stay at the Poly and they have lunch meat and cheese along with croissants out for breakfast that make good sandwiches. They also have cut up fruit that is good. During snack time they have chicken or shrimp lettuce wraps. We also bring a drink back to have in the fridge for late night. We don't often make it to the lounge to get food during the day so we just get a few snacks incase someone is hungry late at night.

If you decide to book WL CL then you just need to remember to grab a few cans of soda or containers of milk when the lounge is open. And don't forget to get some cookies, too, so they will be in your room if you come back after 10pm, when the lounge is closed. :) One nice thing about WL CL is that they have bottles of Desani water available. :)

They do seem to have their own way of doing things. We were at WL CL for four nights then moved to BC CL for two nights and there were a lot of differences between the two. For one thing, WL CL had Coke Zero but the BC CL did not have it. They had Diet Coke instead.
Can I ask what the dinner offerings where at Beach Club? I have stayed at YC CL and the dinner offerings were usually seafood and chili, or soup or pulled pork . I have the option of both again and my husband is a fussy eater so most of the fancy seafood probably won’t appeal to him. Just wondering what Beach Club had. Thx

Ok:tigger::mickeyjum:goofy::donald:
I finally have my resorts finalized!!
I have snagged a split of Beach Club Garden view 10/9-19/13 then Beach Club Club Level
10/13-10/15 ! No switching resorts and a taste of Club Level. All with Passholder discounts.
Now I want to add dining to first resort stay .
Hopefully that will go smoothly.

Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

Can I ask what the dinner offerings where at Beach Club? I have stayed at YC CL and the dinner offerings were usually seafood and chili, or soup or pulled pork . I have the option of both again and my husband is a fussy eater so most of the fancy seafood probably won’t appeal to him. Just wondering what Beach Club had. Thx

At least one night per week they have meat skewers. I recall chicken skewers with dipping sauces. Cheese and veggie platters are standard fare, as is some kind of salad. Though the type of salad varies.

One night they had some kind of cone concoction. I don't recall exactly what was in the middle, some kind of classic mayo type salad (maybe chicken? maybe seafood?). It was supposed to look like an ice cream cone, but the cone was really a mild flavored wafer in cone shape. They tasted better than they looked, but I don't recall exactly what type of meat salad it was.

Otherwise, BC share YC share one centralized kitchen. Offerings are slightly different between the two, but similar. Of the two, I like BC slightly better, but YC is also nice.

My most recent BC stay was fairly short, so we only saw a few nights, but we have stayed at both multiple times.

Hi again! Here’s a review & run-through of our lounge experience at Gran Destino CL from our recent stay, 7/17-7/21.

• First impression of lounge was great! Greeted by 3 friendly CMs at desk by door upon check-in. Door is glass with a glass surround. Magicband scanner is on adjacent wall for entrance. (Note: Lounge does lock up at 10 each night. Opens at 6:30 for coffee.)
  • The lounge is just as big as it looks in pictures. Maybe bigger! The large wall of windows made it feel so spacious.
  • There was plenty of seating, both tables and couches/chairs with tables. We never had a time when we couldn’t easily find a place to sit at many different times of day. The seating is also laid out in a way that doesn’t feel cramped.
  • The decor of the lounge is just beautiful and very tastefully done. It’s a space that I *wanted* to make time to be in during our trip.
  • There are 2 bathrooms in the lounge—for ladies & gentlemen.
  • The CMs were very attentive and helpful, whether working the desk or the food. There were often 2 at the desk and sometimes managers were in & out. I witnessed one manager walk around & speak to every family in the lounge before he left one day. Very cool! Some were extra friendly & others had a genuine, quiet kindness that made for a very pleasant atmosphere. They were excellent at their jobs!
  • The view was amazing! We did watch fireworks from there one night, which was fun. I think my favorite, though, was watching the afternoon rain storms! It was pretty amazing to watch the palm trees sway below as the rain moved its way from one park towards another. One CM remarked that it was like their very own weather station!
  • The kids’ corner is really nicely done. There was a trunk stocked with games & toys for little ones. Also lots of books for everyone to enjoy!
  • Pretty sure a computer was also added to that area while we were there.
  • Now to the food...
    • Breakfast was a very nice spread that stayed the same each day. Bacon & scrambled eggs, oatmeal, fruit(melons, pineapple & blueberries), banana bread, blueberry muffins, chocolate chip muffins, bagels, various other breads, meats, smoked salmon, cheeses, cereals in the plastic bowls, etc...OJ & Cranberry juice out every day as well as coffee.
    • The coffee machine there is awesome! So simple to use & so many fun varieties to choose from. DH said he wants one! ;)
    • (And the Mickey sugars are there!)
    • The drink fridge was very well stocked. We don’t drink but lots of beer was out for people to choose from.(Wine was also out on the counter in what I think were cute little wine coolers.) In addition to sodas, there were juice boxes, large & small Dasani waters & Smart Water. The Smart Water went fast so sometimes we had to ask for it. There were no milks or chocolate milks. I did ask for a cup of milk one night & they gladly brought it in a to-go cup.
    • A fun addition to the tea section was a few varieties of cold brew tea infusions by Twinings.
    • Snacks were light and stayed the same each day: homemade chips, olives, sun butter and banana bites, goldfish, trail mix(really yummy!!), carrot & celery sticks, cauliflower, tomatoes, yogurt cucumber dip, curry lentil hummus, oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip cookies, & sugar cookies.
    • A fun thing that’s always out is 2 huge vases of Ghirardelli chocolates along with a couple of lovely vases of hard candies & 3 different varieties of Kind bars. Such a nice touch!! The last day M&Ms also made an appearance in a jar.
    • Apps were different each evening. The day we arrived I asked if they knew what they were having each night bc we had a few dinner reservations but also wanted to sample the nightly offerings if at all possible. I was shown a paper schedule & told that each night had a certain meal plan. For example, what was served last Wednesday night when we were there, would also be served this Wednesday night. (I totally should’ve asked to take a picture but didn't think of it til much later.) Over our 4 nights, we sampled some things that we loved and some things that were just not our taste. We weren’t fans of a lot of the plant-based “meats”—except the “meat”balls; they were great!! However, I understand that it’s a great option for some people to have. The lamb chops & lion fish nuggets were a hit with DH and the shrimp paella was very good to me. I also really enjoyed a few of the apps presented in the pastry cups. (Our favorite offering nights were Wednesday & Saturday.) Evening apps were always plentiful here, but we honestly didn’t always love them. I know that I’m probably going to be in the minority from what you’ll read, but we prefer the evening food at AKL & YC over this. Does that mean we won’t stay again? Nope; we definitely will & have a current reservation for the whole family for October, but we’ll probably be skipping most evening offerings & making reservations instead.
    • Desserts were the same each night, but I really enjoyed them. (DH isn’t eating sugar so I was the one consuming these!) There was a nice variety of macarons each night, which I love. There were also 2 Mickey desserts, a selection of truffles and jars of things like white chocolate(or yogurt?) pretzels, taffy, trail mix, peppermint, etc., and the cookies from snack time. Don’t know about the evening drink offerings.
    • The only food photo I took was of my dessert plate in the room on the last night. I’ll attach it at the end.
  • Overall, it was a great experience and I would tell people who like CL to try it & see what they think. Although we enjoyed it and are amazed that a moderate has done such an excellent job with such great prices, it wasn’t our favorite CL so far in our CL experiences—but that is honestly more of a resort preference than a lounge preference. We are very glad we went and look forward to returning with our teens to see what they think. :)
  • Yumminess below:B96C2653-78B8-4B1C-9620-98F091A56332.jpeg

Yes thanks so much for the review of Gran Destino CL. It has peaked my interest. I’m just worried about the size of towers and resort. I love how wilderness lodge is just one building .

Yes thanks so much for the review of Gran Destino CL. It has peaked my interest. I’m just worried about the size of towers and resort. I love how wilderness lodge is just one building .
But if you book CL you’ll be in the Tower, never the out buildings. As I understand it

But if you book CL you’ll be in the Tower, never the out buildings. As I understand it

Correct, the booking category is Gran Destino Tower (standard or water view) -Club Access. You’re definitely in the tower if you book club level (although your room may not be on the same level as the club).

You’re very welcome. :) We were impressed with how quick the elevators were, even when busy. The way you are actually assigned to an elevator after choosing a floor seems to help with that. And because the elevators are fast, getting to & fro around the resort is very easy. Although I never actually timed it, even from our room on the 14th floor, I would estimate that it only took about 3-4 minutes to get to the bus stop out front as well as to get to the Cafe Rix & gift shop in El Centro.(We are fast walkers, but still, it wasn’t far.) That walkway to El Centro (with Cafe Rix, etc...)from the tower is covered, which makes for a pleasant, air-conditioned walk in the heat or rain as well. As far as uncovered areas of the resort go, the pool is also just a short walk from the tower, and the new bridges that lead to Three Bridges on Lago Dorado do help with connecting the resort. In addition to all of that, our CL room was also way closer to the lounge than either of the AKL CL rooms we’ve had. Hope that eases your mind in case you ever decide to try it.:) And as an aside, WL is on my list of resorts to try one day; we love to visit there, but have never stayed.

[QUOTE="WalkDisneyWorld, post: 60868291, member:

I did ask a CM in the lounge about CL Access rooms. She said that they could be anywhere in the tower, and that they currently had someone on the 5th floor with CL access. She said they did try to get them higher up if at all possible, so I was especially glad we got 14th floor because it was the one time ever that I didn’t request a thing. She did note that all of 15th Floor is CL, with lots of suites.

Thank you, I was waiting for this.
Do you remember seeing any stairs access?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter