• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We just got back from a lovely, long Easter weekend at GF-RPC. The resort was decorated for Easter with amazingly detailed chocolate Easter Eggs, our room was comfortable and quiet, and the transportation and location can’t be beat! The lounge was beautiful and relaxing, and there were always bottles of water to grab. My husband really enjoyed all the food offerings, but I have food allergies and had a much harder time.

I stopped by the concierge desk after we checked in to let them know about my allergies and I was told there would be plates of safe food prepared for me and waiting in the back at the appetizer and dessert services. However, there seemed to be a major communication disconnect between the concierge desk, the employees in the lounge, and the kitchen, and, as a result, when I went to the lounge there wasn’t anything available for me. After some back and forth and promises of food, I finally found a manager who showed me the allergy charts for each service so I could see what was safe. Unfortunately, the standard offering often did not work for my combination of allergies and some days, crudité were the only safe food. Breakfast was the only time I could safely eat in the lounge each day because there were always allergy friendly bread items available for request, but I feel like the rest of the day was a complete loss. I eventually quit asking about the availability of safe food because it felt like I was imposing on the CL staff anytime I tried to ask a question.

We stayed at BWI-CL in January and I was blown away by how willing and eager everyone was to answer questions and find something safe for me – I always had more than I could possible eat. Maybe they just spoiled me!
How odd. So you can't speak to the kitchen staff, or rather the staff in charge of putting foods out, at GF? This is why it worked well at BWI, I have witnessed how they do their allergy guests and you are able to speak with the people responsible for the food directly. You aren't relegated to pass it along 3rd, or more, hand.

Did BWI even have the food there waiting for the times you just happened to be there to eat or did you speak to them each time you came so they could retrieve what you needed, when you needed it. I wouldn't think they'd just have it on hand at all times on the off chance you came to that meal service. But maybe the shelf life on these items is different?

We just got back from a lovely, long Easter weekend at GF-RPC. The resort was decorated for Easter with amazingly detailed chocolate Easter Eggs, our room was comfortable and quiet, and the transportation and location can’t be beat! The lounge was beautiful and relaxing, and there were always bottles of water to grab. My husband really enjoyed all the food offerings, but I have food allergies and had a much harder time.

I stopped by the concierge desk after we checked in to let them know about my allergies and I was told there would be plates of safe food prepared for me and waiting in the back at the appetizer and dessert services. However, there seemed to be a major communication disconnect between the concierge desk, the employees in the lounge, and the kitchen, and, as a result, when I went to the lounge there wasn’t anything available for me. After some back and forth and promises of food, I finally found a manager who showed me the allergy charts for each service so I could see what was safe. Unfortunately, the standard offering often did not work for my combination of allergies and some days, crudité were the only safe food. Breakfast was the only time I could safely eat in the lounge each day because there were always allergy friendly bread items available for request, but I feel like the rest of the day was a complete loss. I eventually quit asking about the availability of safe food because it felt like I was imposing on the CL staff anytime I tried to ask a question.

We stayed at BWI-CL in January and I was blown away by how willing and eager everyone was to answer questions and find something safe for me – I always had more than I could possible eat. Maybe they just spoiled me!

Sorry to hear that. I’m quite surprised they didn’t accommodate you. When we were there 2 years ago, I called ahead of time to let them know my DS’s peanut and egg allergies. When I arrived, I went to a CM working in the lounge and put me in direct contact with the Chef. They made sure every morning there was something for him to eat, and they let us know what he couldn’t have from what was already out. Every evening there was always a kid friendly option that he could eat, so that wasn’t an issue, but desserts were. At night, they gave him allergy free cookies, which he loved. Next time, I’d definitely ask to speak to the Chef to make sure you have options. I hope next time you have a better experience.

How odd. So you can't speak to the kitchen staff, or rather the staff in charge of putting foods out, at GF? This is why it worked well at BWI, I have witnessed how they do their allergy guests and you are able to speak with the people responsible for the food directly. You aren't relegated to pass it along 3rd, or more, hand.

Did BWI even have the food there waiting for the times you just happened to be there to eat or did you speak to them each time you came so they could retrieve what you needed, when you needed it. I wouldn't think they'd just have it on hand at all times on the off chance you came to that meal service. But maybe the shelf life on these items is different?

At GF, I spoke with the concierge desk twice, with the kitchen once, the concierge spoke to the kitchen several times, and I spoke the lounge staff. I seemed to be getting different information each time - it was just a little strange. It was almost like the kitchen didn’t want to do what the concierge and club were asking. I eventually got so frustrated that I just gave up. For me, it became a matter of needing to ‘let it go’ so I could enjoy all the other aspects of our vacation, because I would have gotten too worked up if I kept focusing on it.

At BWI, I spoke to the concierge at check in and then communicated directly with the Chefs in the kitchen via email. After the initial conversations, I was able to just sit back and enjoy the rest of our stay. Breakfast at BWI was similar, there allergy friendly bread items available for request and several times they offered to go downstairs and get fresh baked GF scones! At appetizers, the staff knew the allergy information for all the offerings and the Chefs in the lounge were able to modify the hot items on the spot. And every night at desserts, there was a specially made dessert waiting with my name on it, plus some pre-packaged items from Erin McKenna’s. It was totally amazing!!!!

Sorry to hear that. I’m quite surprised they didn’t accommodate you. When we were there 2 years ago, I called ahead of time to let them know my DS’s peanut and egg allergies. When I arrived, I went to a CM working in the lounge and put me in direct contact with the Chef. They made sure every morning there was something for him to eat, and they let us know what he couldn’t have from what was already out. Every evening there was always a kid friendly option that he could eat, so that wasn’t an issue, but desserts were. At night, they gave him allergy free cookies, which he loved. Next time, I’d definitely ask to speak to the Chef to make sure you have options. I hope next time you have a better experience.

I did speak to the kitchen, but something got lost in the process. There were pre-packaged allergy cookies, but I was told by the Concierge Desk that there would be plates from the kitchen brought up and there never were. Maybe the Concierge Desk just didn't know the full process and it was a matter of unrealistic expectations. I don't know if it was because it was a holiday weekend or what, but it was very confusing and frustrating so I quit trying. I probably could have pursued it further, but it was taking too much time and energy and I wanted to enjoy my vacation.

My best guess based on many trips is that when there are holidays the regulars are "off" and temp people fill in. They tend not to know what the regulars do. I have seen this at poly , cr and gf. I have been there for holiday and non holiday times. In general the non holiday trips are "better" due to staffing.

Just my guess however, who knows for sure?

Sorry they didn't get it right.

My best guess based on many trips is that when there are holidays the regulars are "off" and temp people fill in. They tend not to know what the regulars do. I have seen this at poly , cr and gf. I have been there for holiday and non holiday times. In general the non holiday trips are "better" due to staffing.

Just my guess however, who knows for sure?

Sorry they didn't get it right.

I was wondering if this might be the case. Either way, next CL trip we will be at BWI!

I was wondering if this might be the case. Either way, next CL trip we will be at BWI!
And good news, they had their regular staff all on hand all during the Holiday weekend. No temp/fill in people.
It was our 3rd, I believe, Holiday to be in the lounge and they've never used fill-ins or temps. Always the normal staff

We just returned from a wonderful stay at the Grand. When we went to check in, instead of going straight to our room, I approached the desk and kindly asked if there was anything else available. I did this because we subscribe to touring plans and every time, we look at room views and request what we want and the last three times, have gotten the exact room. This time however, when the text came in, our view was going to be looking at the back side of a palm tree. Not optimal so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

The CM looked around, and made two offers. One, a theme park view at the end of Conch, and a one bedroom suite in Big Pine Key. I chose the suite, not really realizing what that actually included. After I made my choice, she handed me a piece of paper that included details to the club level....because apparently all one bedroom suites are automatically a part of concierge level.

We've stayed club level before, but stopped after being disappointed in the breakfast lack of protein offering.

This time, however, we were very pleased. The food was GREAT and that one bedroom suite was a amazing. Two bathrooms! Even the toiletries were incredible! For the week of Easter, rack rate was $2330! WHO pays that?? What a fantastic pixie dust moment!

At GF, I spoke with the concierge desk twice, with the kitchen once, the concierge spoke to the kitchen several times, and I spoke the lounge staff. I seemed to be getting different information each time - it was just a little strange. It was almost like the kitchen didn’t want to do what the concierge and club were asking. I eventually got so frustrated that I just gave up. For me, it became a matter of needing to ‘let it go’ so I could enjoy all the other aspects of our vacation, because I would have gotten too worked up if I kept focusing on it.

At BWI, I spoke to the concierge at check in and then communicated directly with the Chefs in the kitchen via email. After the initial conversations, I was able to just sit back and enjoy the rest of our stay. Breakfast at BWI was similar, there allergy friendly bread items available for request and several times they offered to go downstairs and get fresh baked GF scones! At appetizers, the staff knew the allergy information for all the offerings and the Chefs in the lounge were able to modify the hot items on the spot. And every night at desserts, there was a specially made dessert waiting with my name on it, plus some pre-packaged items from Erin McKenna’s. It was totally amazing!!!!

I did speak to the kitchen, but something got lost in the process. There were pre-packaged allergy cookies, but I was told by the Concierge Desk that there would be plates from the kitchen brought up and there never were. Maybe the Concierge Desk just didn't know the full process and it was a matter of unrealistic expectations. I don't know if it was because it was a holiday weekend or what, but it was very confusing and frustrating so I quit trying. I probably could have pursued it further, but it was taking too much time and energy and I wanted to enjoy my vacation.

I’m really sorry to hear that. I hope you have a better experience next time.

Not allergy-related, but I found the BC CL staff to be much more helpful and accommodating than the GF SL staff earlier this month. IDK if I just think GF should be the best at everything because it is the flagship? Sadly, there are times where it falls short of other deluxes.

And good news, they had their regular staff all on hand all during the Holiday weekend. No temp/fill in people.
It was our 3rd, I believe, Holiday to be in the lounge and they've never used fill-ins or temps. Always the normal staff

I'll be there in September for my birthday, and I am very excited to return!!

I’m really sorry to hear that. I hope you have a better experience next time.

Thank you! It wasn't the end of the world, but it was disappointing.

Not allergy-related, but I found the BC CL staff to be much more helpful and accommodating than the GF SL staff earlier this month. IDK if I just think GF should be the best at everything because it is the flagship? Sadly, there are times where it falls short of other deluxes.

That's exactly what I was thinking... "if BWI was so great, then GF must be super amazing." And while it was really beautiful, it just didn't measure up.

I’ll be staying BW CL next week. My brother and SIL are Orlando residence. They have AP and will be in EPCOT while I’m at MK. Can I meet them at hotel and bring them to CL lounge for coffee and dessert or is that not allowed. I’m sure we could sit in my room, but that feels weird. Ty

I’ll be staying BW CL next week. My brother and SIL are Orlando residence. They have AP and will be in EPCOT while I’m at MK. Can I meet them at hotel and bring them to CL lounge for coffee and dessert or is that not allowed. I’m sure we could sit in my room, but that feels weird. Ty
We were there the first week in April to attend a wedding, I was the matron if honor. The bride and groom met us there one day before the wedding and came up to the lounge and sat with us to enjoy a glass of wine. I did ask if it was okay, and was told no problem. It was not crowded at the time and they did not eat anything, but they were offered something by the chef.

I'm sorry about the trouble you had with the food offerings. Aside from those troubles, I hope you had a nice trip overall :).

We just returned from a wonderful stay at the Grand. When we went to check in, instead of going straight to our room, I approached the desk and kindly asked if there was anything else available. I did this because we subscribe to touring plans and every time, we look at room views and request what we want and the last three times, have gotten the exact room. This time however, when the text came in, our view was going to be looking at the back side of a palm tree. Not optimal so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

The CM looked around, and made two offers. One, a theme park view at the end of Conch, and a one bedroom suite in Big Pine Key. I chose the suite, not really realizing what that actually included. After I made my choice, she handed me a piece of paper that included details to the club level....because apparently all one bedroom suites are automatically a part of concierge level.

We've stayed club level before, but stopped after being disappointed in the breakfast lack of protein offering.

This time, however, we were very pleased. The food was GREAT and that one bedroom suite was a amazing. Two bathrooms! Even the toiletries were incredible! For the week of Easter, rack rate was $2330! WHO pays that?? What a fantastic pixie dust moment!

Congrats on the suite/CL. Glad you had a great time :goodvibes.

I'll be there in September for my birthday, and I am very excited to return!!

Hope you have a great return trip to BWI CL :wizard:.

That's exactly what I was thinking... "if BWI was so great, then GF must be super amazing." And while it was really beautiful, it just didn't measure up.

BWI CL is amazing! Sad that RPC seems to have a habit of not being as good or better than others :sad2:.

Oh, goodness I wouldn't sit in a room. Just in case you need some alternatives-
I've gone for dessert with a local friend to Big River Grille. They don't have a large dessert menu, but it was good, an easy walk-up and they didn't rush us.
Another option is Ample Hills Creamery.

It's not allowed to just bring them or anything but ask. I'm sure they'll let you bring guests t up unless the lounge is simply overly full (which is not unheard of at BWI)

Oh, goodness I wouldn't sit in a room. Just in case you need some alternatives-
I've gone for dessert with a local friend to Big River Grille. They don't have a large dessert menu, but it was good, an easy walk-up and they didn't rush us.
Another option is Ample Hills Creamery.
Or Belle Vue. Grab something and take it up to Belle Vue lounge, if it's not pleasant enough to sit outside.

So when we did both SL and RPC, we found the staff at each to be complete opposites!!!

RPC staff was AMAZING, went above and beyond, especially for my son and his allergies. Always greeted us and came to ask if we need anything. Always asked my kids how their day was. One CM made my son a ‘special’ drink every day and had it ready for him when we arrived each morning (or asked when he got there in the evenings if he’d like another). I really can’t say enough great things about them.

SL, not so much. Barely said hello back when I greeted them! The person at the desk never picked their head up to welcome us or say hello. No one ever asked if we needed anything. When asking for a beer or glass of wine, it seemed like something they didn’t want to be bothered with me. Just felt like a cold atmosphere.

That’s just my two cents, but I do agree with you.

Back to Moana...

In addition to @AngiTN's good suggestion of bringing something down to BelleVue Lounge, there is also AbracadaBar. Their drink list sounds rather fun!
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/abracadabar/

Oh, and if you are not too big a group, since it's single file seating and hard to visit with each other, the bar at Flying Fish is walk up seating. Great desserts too.

Ty all for your suggestions. I thought about Abracadabra but was concerned there is little sitting. I’m sure we’ll find some nice cozy place if they are not allowed in lounge. At BC they have that beautiful atrium that never has people sitting there. Maybe outside BW on balcony will have empty seats. Thanks again for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter