Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

What he seemed to be trying to politely say that, at least at the time of my trip, there wouldn’t be any “special” way for CL guests to access the SWGE area or the rides, stores, etc. If there’s a line to get in, like there was at Universal for the HP opening months, then we gotta wait in it. The recommendation was to access the EMH, like all other resort guests.

Now, will they come up with some way to part us from additional money to see/ride with less wait? Of course. But I didn’t get the impression that info on those options would be available in time for my trip.
Ah, ok. I'd never heard of a CL special access to a park or land so I guess I'd never thought that could be something he would have been talking about. EMH will be the best way to get in, like it was with Pandora, I'm sure.

Ah, ok. I'd never heard of a CL special access to a park or land so I guess I'd never thought that could be something he would have been talking about. EMH will be the best way to get in, like it was with Pandora, I'm sure.

I specifically asked. At the point I sent the email, it was before most of the info came out, particularly the no FP and the fact that DL would have a reservation system for admissions but WDW wouldn’t. My optimism was generating visuals of some kind of paid FP to skip the line into the SWGE area as well as for the ride itself. Sadly for me, nada at this point. I’m sure they’ll eventually have a VIP tour similar to the AK Ultimate Nights one. We’re debating waiting for that on a future trip. We’ll likely go over to look at the crowds, but I don’t know if we’ll venture inside this trip. Huge crowds are not our favourite thing.

What he seemed to be trying to politely say that, at least at the time of my trip, there wouldn’t be any “special” way for CL guests to access the SWGE area or the rides, stores, etc. If there’s a line to get in, like there was at Universal for the HP opening months, then we gotta wait in it. The recommendation was to access the EMH, like all other resort guests.

Now, will they come up with some way to part us from additional money to see/ride with less wait? Of course. But I didn’t get the impression that info on those options would be available in time for my trip.

I went through something similar on Thursday, except that I thankfully learned there wouldn't be any FPs *before* I booked. I was listening to the shareholders meeting and afterwards I was looking at the CL options for the CLFP. While I was trying to decide between BWI and BC, I saw that someone posted that there wouldn't be FPs. So, I didn't get as far as booking.

I have to admit, I was really excited about booking for SWGE, but after Thursday, I'm having difficulty just trying to picture if we want to go. I get that it's huge and they want to observe how things go operationally without FP before making changes to include it the rides in the FP system, but that makes it really tough to plan. That means that they won't start to make the decision to restart FP until September at the earliest, and potentially later, since they are not currently planning on offering FPs for RotR either, (and I can't imagine they'll run one with a FP and the other one without). I just really can't imagine it will be pleasant waiting in a line to get into the land and then waiting in a SB line.

I wish we would know what they are planning to offer for upcharge experience (in terms of the offering, cost, when it would start, etc.) so we can plan accordingly. We have 3 other trips this year *before* SWGE opens, so if we go back in the Fall it is specifically for SWGE, but the disclaimers all over the website that staying onsite or being DVC or being AP is not a guarantee to see SWGE are such a buzzkill.

Ok, rant over! Someone needs to post CL food and wine pics to take our collective minds off SWGE.

Last edited:
I think no FP is a good thing. It puts everyone on the same level. FP means you have to get a FP to get the golden ticket or you are screwed. Now, without FP, everyone is even. I think the line/wait time will be better overall. I'm actually happy about it.

I also think folks are jumping to the conclusion that it's going to be a paid system way too soon. Why are folks doing that? I'm not getting it. I mean sure, we know the hotel, when it opens, will have that. But what before that is just an assumption?

I think no FP is a good thing. It puts everyone on the same level. FP means you have to get a FP to get the golden ticket or you are screwed. Now, without FP, everyone is even. I think the line/wait time will be better overall. I'm actually happy about it.

I also think folks are jumping to the conclusion that it's going to be a paid system way too soon. Why are folks doing that? I'm not getting it. I mean sure, we know the hotel, when it opens, will have that. But what before that is just an assumption?
I think they are going to monetize it, but I agree with you that it won't be for a while. It took a long time for the Frozen and Pandora upcharge experience. Took less for TSL upcharge experiences, but it wasn't from the beginning either.

I think they are going to monetize it, but I agree with you that it won't be for a while. It took a long time for the Frozen and Pandora upcharge experience. Took less for TSL upcharge experiences, but it wasn't from the beginning either.
Oh, folks mean like EMM, DAH or a tour? I was getting the impression that people are expecting a paid or nothing experience for this one, meaning you will pay for a FP or tour or never get anything but stand by. I wasn't sure why they thought that and may have just been me taking things wrong.

Will there eventually be EMM, DAH or the like, sure. At least I hope so. I'd be all over something like that. The Ultimate tour like at Pandora, not so much. That's way too expensive for what they offer, even for us, who are willing to pay for a lot of extras.

Back again!

So in sum, here's what I'd say about our BWI/GF SL split stay...

I wish we could take the food from the GF and have it served in the BWI lounge, because then we could stay in a garden cottage at the BWI on all of our adults-only trips and have the perfect stay. For us, as shy introverts, we really prefer the quiet and privacy of the garden cottage, and we also prefer the quieter, more intimate setting of the BWI lounge. But...I think we also prefer the CMs at the BWI because they always manage to pull us out of our introverted shells...so many of them are just so sweet and gregarious and friendly and folksy that we just can't help but open up a little and act like regular humans, lol. There was nothing wrong with the CMs at the GF...they were perfectly competent and polite...but they never tried to talk to us or engage with us other than "may I take away your plates?" (and there were a lot of those!). And that's fine...perhaps they were "reading the room" and realizing that we are shy and quiet and and uncomfortable with anything more than that. But it's the little things about the interactions with the BWI CMs that just really made us feel like wanted guests instead of customers being served...does that make sense? For example, one day I was wearing my "#ROBBED" with a fleur-de-lis in the place of the "O" t-shirt (if you are a New Orleans Saints fan you will understand!!!), and one of the CMs came and high fived me and we had a conversation about the non-call and the game (H and I saw the game in person at the Dome on the day which will live in infamy). Another CM noticed my H had an obscure Star Wars reference on an Etsy shirt I'd bought him and started talking to him about SWGE, and it was a real conversation like you'd have with a friend. Everybody we encountered there was super cool and friendly and just regular folks, KWIM?

And I don't mean to knock the food at the BWI...it's delicious, and Chef Redgie is amazing. But in terms of sheer variety and amounts served, and for us as vegetarians, the BWI doesn't compare. We could (and did) make full breakfasts out of the CL offerings there, and sometimes lunches, but not really dinners...which is fine, and we appreciate that CL isn't intended to be a meal replacement. And in a weird way, we actually really like that about the BWI offerings, because we weren't too stuffed to eat at our ADRs, which we really look forward to.

We did stay in the Deluxe King rooms in the GF's main building about 15 years ago (I think they were called the honeymoon rooms back then...they had a jetted tub), and we'd consider staying in one on our next trip, but last time it still didn't have the same sense of peace and quiet and being in a home that the BWI cottage did. Sooo...all that to say, I think it's the BWI for us from here on out for the adults-only trips! My H actually said, "Let's never stay anywhere else." Ummm...done, lol.

Oh, and @QueenElinor ...you were right about what you said about those first class seats...currently plotting how we can swing them for our next trip, and all the ones thereafter... :rolleyes1
So glad to see that we have another BWI CL lover! My son and his girlfriend stayed in the garden cottage rooms and loved that they had the pool and hot tub to themselves in the evenings! My husband and I just love the quiet pool as well. You stated it perfectly when you called the BWI CL CM family. Some how they come across that way to their guests and I am always so impressed with that. We have been staying their for years and always feel like we are truly coming home. My husband is a little on the shy side with strangers but within a very short time Pete (who is now retired) had him talking cars and they seemed like old friends! I don't feel like I'm bothering them if I have a question or request and they always try there best to help me, sometimes before I even know I need help. As an example the day before we checked out one trip I mentioned to Lorenzo that we had a later flight home the next day and checked to make sure it was ok to come back at 5 pm to have a quick snack and drink before our town car picked us up at 5:30 pm. I was assured it would be fine. When we arrived at the lounge around 4:45 they wine was already out and they were setting food out already. I was told with a smile that they didn't want us to have to rush to eat and quickly opened a bottle of beer for my husband. I was so touched. They did the same for my son and his girlfriend when they stayed. Just first class all the way.

So glad to see that we have another BWI CL lover! My son and his girlfriend stayed in the garden cottage rooms and loved that they had the pool and hot tub to themselves in the evenings! My husband and I just love the quiet pool as well. You stated it perfectly when you called the BWI CL CM family. Some how they come across that way to their guests and I am always so impressed with that. We have been staying their for years and always feel like we are truly coming home. My husband is a little on the shy side with strangers but within a very short time Pete (who is now retired) had him talking cars and they seemed like old friends! I don't feel like I'm bothering them if I have a question or request and they always try there best to help me, sometimes before I even know I need help. As an example the day before we checked out one trip I mentioned to Lorenzo that we had a later flight home the next day and checked to make sure it was ok to come back at 5 pm to have a quick snack and drink before our town car picked us up at 5:30 pm. I was assured it would be fine. When we arrived at the lounge around 4:45 they wine was already out and they were setting food out already. I was told with a smile that they didn't want us to have to rush to eat and quickly opened a bottle of beer for my husband. I was so touched. They did the same for my son and his girlfriend when they stayed. Just first class all the way.
...and yet one more BWI CL lover. Just returned from our trip last month and have a Bounce-Back booked for the end of September. EVERYONE was gracious and helpful without it seeming like "just a job". That is a unique characteristic in anyone working in the hospitality industry. We have stayed in all the deluxe hotels and have stayed twice in 2 CLs. BWI just feels like "home" KUDOS to everyone there; we can't wait to go back!

Just returned from our trip last month and have a Bounce-Back booked for the end of September. EVERYONE was gracious and helpful without it seeming like "just a job". That is a unique characteristic in anyone working in the hospitality industry. We have stayed in all the deluxe hotels and have stayed twice in 2 CLs. BWI just feels like "home" KUDOS to everyone there; we can't wait to go back!

Congrats on the BB! I agree about BWI CL. We are trying YC CL in June, but BWI is definitely on the list for another trip. We had a such a great stay last year that I can't wait to go back. Have fun planning your return trip to BWI CL :wizard:.

Beyond excited to have booked a last minute trip to WDW over spring break. We had originally booked BWI standard CL for 3/24-3/28, then DH decided we should book an extra night & head home on Friday. I fell into a great rate for a single night at Poly CL. Looking for any tips on room requests or must see/do at either resort, as we have never stayed at either one. It will be DH, DD 11, DS 5 & me. TIA!

ADVICE PLEASE!!
So I just booked a last minute spring break trip CL at Beach Club! This is our first time going to Disney without my DH and I will have our 3 DD's so I am looking for any input on the resort as a whole, The lounge and room suggestions! We don't mind the noise from the lounge and like to be close to everything. If anyone has any reviews they could tag me in that would be awesome! Thanks so much!

Anyone have an idea how Coronado Springs Resort Tower CL is going to be like? This is the first moderate resort with a CL so I’m not sure if it’s worth booking or not...

Things always change but I know my mom got coffee at 6:30 for a few resorts and brought me coffee in bed. (Since I paid for the trip I didn't feel bad lol)

That was poly 2014 and gf 2017.

Can anyone comment if at the Poly the Nespresso machine is available when the lounge isn't officially open? I recall reading that sometimes the fridge with a few sodas is, but not sure about the Nespresso machine.

The Nespresso machine was usable at 4:00 am last Nov.

Just to clarify, in the case of at least some of he other resorts, Nespresso starts around 7am.

At CR, I was only able to get regular coffee at 6:30am. The Nespresso machine was turned on some time between 6:30-7am, but closer to 7am.

I'm also rather certain at WL there was only coffee with cream at 6:30am. I think the CM's let me use the Nespresso machine slightly before 7am, but said food didn't start until 7am, so I think they asked me not to get in the way of staff setting up, and not to take food before 7am. I didn't notice the exact time, but few other people were around before 7am.

Just to clarify, in the case of at least some of he other resorts, Nespresso starts around 7am.

At CR, I was only able to get regular coffee at 6:30am. The Nespresso machine was turned on some time between 6:30-7am, but closer to 7am.

I'm also rather certain at WL there was only coffee with cream at 6:30am. I think the CM's let me use the Nespresso machine slightly before 7am, but said food didn't start until 7am, so I think they asked me not to get in the way of staff setting up, and not to take food before 7am. I didn't notice the exact time, but few other people were around before 7am.
Yes, I imagine the layout of the lounges would have a lot to do with what is and isn't available during off hours. Like you said, I remember our WL trip last June had coffee out in the hall area while they were setting up the food.

Yes, I imagine the layout of the lounges would have a lot to do with what is and isn't available during off hours. Like you said, I remember our WL trip last June had coffee out in the hall area while they were setting up the food.

WL does put the coffee urns and cream/sugar out in the hall at 6:30am while they are getting things ready to open the door to the food and Nespresso machine at 7:00am :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter