• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Oh good I had forgotten to pack some paper money for mousekeeping!:earsboy: We have only tipped in the morning when we leave, and never thought about evening peeps....now if they leave no chocolate then that would a deal breaker.:earboy2:

A couple of questions.
1. If it is just DH and I on a CL reservation at disney what category would we need to be booked for the CL to get one of the cottage rooms. (I assume it is just luck because it doesn't appear to be a bookable category) are they all club level?

2. At any of the club levels are beer and wine only served during the dinner time course or are they available other times as well?

A couple of questions.
1. If it is just DH and I on a CL reservation at disney what category would we need to be booked for the CL to get one of the cottage rooms. (I assume it is just luck because it doesn't appear to be a bookable category) are they all club level?

2. At any of the club levels are beer and wine only served during the dinner time course or are they available other times as well?

I’m not sure about the first question, but for #2, yes you can ask for beer and wine anytime of the day! Enjoy!

A couple of questions.

1. Cottages are a bookable category and they are all CL

2. Answered a couple pages back
All resorts have juice (type can vary) and sparkling wine (usually Procesco not Champagne but that too can vary) and all resorts offer any beverage at all hours they are open, no matter if they are out or not. If they serve it at ANY time of day, they'll get it for you if you ask.
Want Baily's with coffee at 6 AM, ask.
Want mimosas at 10 before bedtime, ask
Want wine with lunch, ask.
Want beer for breakfast, ask.

hi folks! I have a question / need opinions about staying CL and having the Disney Dining Plan.

I stayed CL 10 years ago at the GF for a Thursday to Monday stay and didn't have any dining plan. We took full advantage of the morning breakfast offerings and one day had the afternoon snacks. Due to it being a short trip and rather park intensive, we didn't get to enjoy the evening offerings as I'd hoped.

Move ahead to 2011 and I stayed a week at CSR (no club level) with the Deluxe Dining Plan and really enjoyed all that dining plan offered.

This year I am debating booking a CL room for our week at the end of July but I'm wondering if the Dining Plan vs Deluxe Dining plan would work for us or no dining plan at all since CL....save a little money and not waste food too!

I'd love to hear opinions if you do a dining plan when you stay CL.

TIA!!!
We have considered this many times in our planning and after doing math we just couldn’t justify paying for the DDP. We always eat breakfast in the lounge and if it’s a pool day will come back around for snacks and go get dinner out of pocket. Always cheaper for us. We love to not feel locked in to a reservation and trying new places to eat. Ones we may have never ventured to had we planned ahead.
Keep in mind we are not big eaters and two of my children are young so not big eaters at all. It’s really going to depend on what and how much you like to eat :mickeybar

Question about how I should word this to DSS...

I'm staying at CR CL with theme park view.
I assume theme park view is the entire length of the resort on that side correct?
Well I am visually impaired so where I'm located will have a great impact on how well I will be able to see the park.
How can I word that I'd like the closest room to MK with 2 beds?
Should I just explain I'm visually impaired so the closer to the park I can get the more chance I h ave at being able to enjoy the view?

I assume theme park view is the entire length of the resort on that side correct?
Well I am visually impaired so where I'm located will have a great impact on how well I will be able to see the park.
Should I just explain I'm visually impaired so the closer to the park I can get the more chance I h ave at being able to enjoy the view?

Letting them know of your impairment is a good idea. I think any of the rooms on the north side should be good, but request as close to the north end as possible is maybe what you specifically want.

Random question....at the WL does anyone recall the size of the room safes? Are they large enough to hold a nice camera with protruded lens Nikon type? I never have used one but DS wants to bring his along on this trip for use during a tour and not the rest of the time....thanks.:wave:

Random question....at the WL does anyone recall the size of the room safes? Are they large enough to hold a nice camera with protruded lens Nikon type? I never have used one but DS wants to bring his along on this trip for use during a tour and not the rest of the time....thanks.:wave:

I’m questioning my life decisions given the fact that I even have a pic of this handy, but this was the safe in a WL Deluxe room. I don’t know if it’s the same kind as in a regular room, but I assume it’s probably the same or close.

It’s a wall-mount style that is not very big. You’d have a hard time fitting much in here. FWIW, you can always ask the front desk to store valuables in their hotel safe if needed.

IMG_0905.jpg

Exactly like that.
It's a very common request at CR, to be on the MK end of the resort. So you want the end opposite of CM.
And any additional information you give can help, as long as you aren't trying to get too specific with rooms. And you aren't. I would say that due to limited vision you would greatly appreciate a room on the end nearest to MK, with 2 beds.

Thanks much GADad and Mrsap......guess he doesn't need to put his whole bag in there....and since I still use phone or a point and click I had not considered removing lens but yes I think that would work! :thanks:

@tinkwings If I am remembering correctly, I think the type of safe at WL has an actual key instead of a self-entered code. I don’t tend to lose things, but an actual key to keep track of always makes me a little bit nervous. When I stay in a room with that kind of safe, I usually choose to just lock our valuables in my suitcase.

Last edited:
Not necessarily CL related but seeking some advice from the pros who travel with large groups and are the “planner” for the entire party.

Currently working on a trip involving multiple families/rooms. I’m responsible for booking everything. Kind of a complicated setup, different dates for different families, individuals coming not totally ironed out yet, etc.

I currently have multiple seperate reservations under my name. I assumed once we had everything figured out I’d call and switch/add the right names to the right reservations.

Am I thinking about this wrong or did I create a problem with having all of the reservations currently under my name?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I’ve never had to book multiple rooms for other parties before so not sure I have a good grasp of the big picture.

Appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Not necessarily CL related but seeking some advice from the pros who travel with large groups and are the “planner” for the entire party.

Currently working on a trip involving multiple families/rooms. I’m responsible for booking everything. Kind of a complicated setup, different dates for different families, individuals coming not totally ironed out yet, etc.

I currently have multiple seperate reservations under my name. I assumed once we had everything figured out I’d call and switch/add the right names to the right reservations.

Am I thinking about this wrong or did I create a problem with having all of the reservations currently under my name?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I’ve never had to book multiple rooms for other parties before so not sure I have a good grasp of the big picture.

When we had our group of 18 over the summer, everyone booked their own rooms. I was constantly checking for discounts for them and they were responsible to change to the discount if they wanted to. Because we stayed at Copper Creek, we had some stay at WL main building and one group even stayed at Boulder Ridge. They all chose what price range was best for their family. Since you already booked for them, I can’t see the harm in just changing names... just extra work for you. If you need any help, don’t hesitate to ask :-)

The only potential hurdle may be, can you remove your name from the rooms once you know who is where? I am not sure (like with ADR you can't for certain).
Otherwise, there isn't a problem with all of the reservations being on your account. I've had multiple rooms on several occasions. Even had me in 2 rooms a few times, for a variety of reasons. It was never an issue.

The only potential hurdle may be, can you remove your name from the rooms once you know who is where? I am not sure (like with ADR you can't for certain).
Otherwise, there isn't a problem with all of the reservations being on your account. I've had multiple rooms on several occasions. Even had me in 2 rooms a few times, for a variety of reasons. It was never an issue.

We were able to do this about two years ago. My husband had his name on three rooms until the people who were coming with us could figure out what they wanted to do, and then he removed himself and added them. He had to call but it was possible. Obviously when talking about Disney IT and phone reps YMMV.

I very well could be wrong, but I always thought that you could not change the lead guest on a reservation. You can change and add the other guests, but had to leave the lead alone? The problem with just adding people if the lead isn't going to actually be in the room is if that would put you over room occupancy on paper, or if it puts you over 2 adults and triggers the additional adult fee. When I made rooms for my MIL I put her name on the room but just used our address and cc info.

I very well could be wrong, but I always thought that you could not change the lead guest on a reservation. You can change and add the other guests, but had to leave the lead alone? The problem with just adding people if the lead isn't going to actually be in the room is if that would put you over room occupancy on paper, or if it puts you over 2 adults and triggers the additional adult fee. When I made rooms for my MIL I put her name on the room but just used our address and cc info.

I was able to change lead names two years ago for our friends who were traveling with us. They did not give me a hard time about it at all.

I have a split stay coming up with the first half of the stay being a TPV room in the main tower at CR and the second half of the stay being a CL room at GF. I just received a call from Disney Signature Services to introduce me to their program, and I talked to the CM about our dining reservations. When I originally made the two reservations, which are linked on my MDE account, the CM that made the reservations was very clear in telling me that when my 180 day window opened up for my CR reservation, that I would be able to book ADRs for the length of my stay. In other words, the system would recognize our split stays and allow me to book for all 8 days, instead of just the first 5 days at CR. He said the same thing would be true for FP reservations. Once the 60 day window opens for our first stay, we could make FPs for the length of both stays.

However, the DSS CM told me this was not true and that I would have to book my ADRS for CR stay at 180 days out from that check-in date, and then my GF ADRs at 180 days out from the date of check in there. She said the same thing would happen with FPs. I would have to book twice. Obviously, this would put me at a big disadvantage because it is much easier to get some ADRs and FPs at 180+5 (or 60+5 with FP) than it is to get them at 180+1, etc.

I'm hoping this CM was just really uninformed and gave me the wrong info, but I'm starting to wonder. What have your experiences with split stays been? Does your ADR and FP window open for the entire length of stay or do you have to book separately for each resort reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter