• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

FWIW in case you see old references to this, the 'reserved nighttime viewing' component that was a part of the original program was taken away back around Sept 2018, otherwise the program is continuing for the time being for at least 90 days out where we have confirmed reports of booking. I've always worried this 'trial' could go the way of the Disney Express Bus (for example) and someday quickly disappear, or be modified, but for now it's still available. I'm personally skeptical it will last in its current form come Star Wars Galaxy's Edge time, but that's just me totally guessing.

Hi.

For our October trip we did end up booking CL @ BC anyways but having those extra (paid) FP+s would be awesome.

After booking yesterday, I received a call from DSS as a thank you and to let me know my date for booking ADRs and to reach out to them with whatever questions and needs that I may have for my stay.

She did tell me that the FP+ was still a trial program and to check back in a few months to see if it's still going on.

Of course I have you all here @ DIS so I can continue monitoring the program's life cycle here. :-)

Kind of hard to peg a time in my experience. I've had turndown service anywhere from 5pm (GF) - 9:30pm (CR). We've had more 5-6:30pm(ish) times in recent travels, which IMO is on the too early side as with our typical schedule we're more often in/around the room at that point. When they come early we usually just say we're good for the night and don't get service. YMMV with the above based on the order they service rooms, staffing, etc.

Thanks for your reply! Yes, it was early for us at GF, too.
To chime in to some of the recent discussion, we've booked three CL stays now (although we did end up cancelling one), and we have not received a call/ email/ postcard/ etc. from any of them. No welcome gift @ GF SL or RPC a year ago, either.

Yeah, I guess I don’t mind volunteering that we’ll often tip both (obviously a highly personal choice to even tip any to begin with), but we also tend to be ‘around’ more afternoon/late day, have been at the pool, showered, messed up the room a bit, etc. That’s not going to apply to many I suspect. We certainly at times have some days where we haven’t been back to the room at all.

But anyway, I always cringe at tipping discussions since it's so personal, and here I've gone and started one. Doh! ;)

So, you're going to switch YC CL to BWI CL? Can't pull yourself away? :-)

Not to cause any "tipping fights" but we also have been known to tip twice a day. Perhaps not as much to the P.M. housekeepers because less is done. I just like to give encouragement to the housekeeping staff, and they seem to appreciate being praised, thanked or noticed.

We always tip twice a day. It is a different housekeeper at night. Hi grannyminnie :wave2:

We’ve always left our tip in the morning, but I’d like to leave an afternoon tip, too. Around what time would we do that? TIA!

We leave a tip whenever we go back to the room after it has been serviced in the morning. There is no set time when they do turndown. Most of the time they come too early...while you are trying to get ready for dinner...I either let them in to do their thing or just collect the chocolates at the door. I only want the chocolates anyway.

I can live on chocolate alone!! That’s a nice stash he had! lol

Me too, well chocolate and coffee.

Thanks for your reply! Yes, it was early for us at GF, too.
To chime in to some of the recent discussion, we've booked three CL stays now (although we did end up cancelling one), and we have not received a call/ email/ postcard/ etc. from any of them. No welcome gift @ GF SL or RPC a year ago, either.

I have never received a call from DSS and only once got a card from them out of many CL stays since they took over. You can call or email them anytime if you want them to do something for you.

Sounds like you got your call, but just wanted to chime in on your question in that I've been reading this thread for several years now and WL CL is the only CL where I've seen recent regular/routine reports of guests being contacted directly from WL CL CMs (not DSS) in the days leading up to arrival. This seemed to start in the last year(ish) or so. I haven't stayed WL CL since 11/16 and they weren't doing it back then, but several posts over the last year suggest the practice is pretty consistent (although I'm sure there are exceptions).
One of the downsides of the centralized DSS vs individual CL IPOs from back in the day is a loss of a more intimate connection with the actual resorts.

Like with anything Disney, that practice could go away as quickly as it came... so who knows! :-)

Hope you enjoy WL CL.

Thanks GADisneyDad.....yes must be inconsistent at best....but actually I DID get both an email and phone call in 11/16 from the Old Faithful Club IPO Castmembers....and that was first year for both contacts in this manner for me....in past I got email and something in snail mail from the CL.....nice formatted things earlier on letterhead and folders themed to WL. This year I only have received a phone call thus far, I got two general emails from Disney Destinations but you hit the nail right on the head on the loss of a more intimate connection with resorts....and funny too that the CM I spoke with yesterday gave me the phone number and said I could email or call them.....I said and text right? She said yes....after I hung up I realized I didn't have the email address....might still be in my old emails....but made me laugh a bit. I recall its at least one of their jobs to carry that CL phone around and respond. SO what year did DSS become a thing? 2017? Ha I have an old passport style WL booklet they used to hand out LONG ago....these little details DO matter!!!:-)

I did ask about changing fastpasses I purchased and she said I had to contact DSS for that....but she could change ones I made through MDE....of course I can do that myself.....Its nice to have someone to bounce questions off of who is actually working in resort and specifically that floor. BTW she also did mention I was entitled to the $99 upgrade to CL for the last few days that I couldn't get a ressie there but still at WL. She said they would try to make my whole stay at CL but of course can't promise. Nice to know someone is at least aware I want that....:smooth:

MANY MANY THANKS FOR THE CHOCOLATE to DisneyLife!!!! :thanks:

SO what year did DSS become a thing? 2017?

If my memory is correct, the IPOs went away late 2016. There was a 3(ish) month period in between the IPOs and DSS where there was nothing and we were all sitting around the thread like "huh?". DSS was then introduced in the first few months of 2017.

I'd need to go back to posts at the time to confirm what I'm saying is accurate, but I 'think' that was roughly the timeline.

Yeah, I guess I don’t mind volunteering that we’ll often tip both (obviously a highly personal choice to even tip any to begin with), but we also tend to be ‘around’ more afternoon/late day, have been at the pool, showered, messed up the room a bit, etc. That’s not going to apply to many I suspect. We certainly at times have some days where we haven’t been back to the room at all.

But anyway, I always cringe at tipping discussions since it's so personal, and here I've gone and started one. Doh! ;)

So, you're going to switch YC CL to BWI CL? Can't pull yourself away? :-)
At least it's just a do you/don't you/when do you discussion, vs should you, or worse, how much.

I'm not sure if we'll switch or not. It's really hard to leave the staff at BWI. They are like family, truly.
We are already skipping BWI in Feb just to save a few $$
We're back in April though. Cost between YC and BWI is so similar it doesn't count so it's just pure preference really. Part of me thinks I need to do YC just to finally cross the last CL off our list. DGD doesn't really care that much (this will be "her" trip) She still loves Disney but is at the age "shudder" where Universal holds a bit more pull. She's asked for a longer stay there. We used to do a 4/8 split but this time is 6/6

Thanks GADisneyDad.....yes must be inconsistent at best....but actually I DID get both an email and phone call in 11/16 from the Old Faithful Club IPO Castmembers....and that was first year for both contacts in this manner for me....in past I got email and something in snail mail from the CL.....nice formatted things earlier on letterhead and folders themed to WL. This year I only have received a phone call thus far, I got two general emails from Disney Destinations but you hit the nail right on the head on the loss of a more intimate connection with resorts....and funny too that the CM I spoke with yesterday gave me the phone number and said I could email or call them.....I said and text right? She said yes....after I hung up I realized I didn't have the email address....might still be in my old emails....but made me laugh a bit. I recall its at least one of their jobs to carry that CL phone around and respond. SO what year did DSS become a thing? 2017? Ha I have an old passport style WL booklet they used to hand out LONG ago....these little details DO matter!!!:-)

I did ask about changing fastpasses I purchased and she said I had to contact DSS for that....but she could change ones I made through MDE....of course I can do that myself.....Its nice to have someone to bounce questions off of who is actually working in resort and specifically that floor. BTW she also did mention I was entitled to the $99 upgrade to CL for the last few days that I couldn't get a ressie there but still at WL. She said they would try to make my whole stay at CL but of course can't promise. Nice to know someone is at least aware I want that....:smooth:

MANY MANY THANKS FOR THE CHOCOLATE to DisneyLife!!!! :thanks:
This is why I won't do the purchased FP and quite honestly, I gotta be honest, am shocked that it's even popular here. That's a huge PITA and know you have to miss out on things in the delay of time it takes to get in touch with them.

We always do the CL upgrade at WL. Heck, on all our stays it was cheaper to book standard and add on CL than it was to book CL. And I wouldn't get stuck with a balcony I can't stand.

hi folks! I have a question / need opinions about staying CL and having the Disney Dining Plan.

I stayed CL 10 years ago at the GF for a Thursday to Monday stay and didn't have any dining plan. We took full advantage of the morning breakfast offerings and one day had the afternoon snacks. Due to it being a short trip and rather park intensive, we didn't get to enjoy the evening offerings as I'd hoped.

Move ahead to 2011 and I stayed a week at CSR (no club level) with the Deluxe Dining Plan and really enjoyed all that dining plan offered.

This year I am debating booking a CL room for our week at the end of July but I'm wondering if the Dining Plan vs Deluxe Dining plan would work for us or no dining plan at all since CL....save a little money and not waste food too!

I'd love to hear opinions if you do a dining plan when you stay CL.

TIA!!!

hi folks! I have a question / need opinions about staying CL and having the Disney Dining Plan.

I stayed CL 10 years ago at the GF for a Thursday to Monday stay and didn't have any dining plan. We took full advantage of the morning breakfast offerings and one day had the afternoon snacks. Due to it being a short trip and rather park intensive, we didn't get to enjoy the evening offerings as I'd hoped.

Move ahead to 2011 and I stayed a week at CSR (no club level) with the Deluxe Dining Plan and really enjoyed all that dining plan offered.

This year I am debating booking a CL room for our week at the end of July but I'm wondering if the Dining Plan vs Deluxe Dining plan would work for us or no dining plan at all since CL....save a little money and not waste food too!

TIA!!!

IMO especially staying at the Grand I wouldn’t do any Dining Plan, any meals you’d want pay out of pocket. I would calculate how many places you actually want to eat at and what it may cost vs a Dining Plan.

For our park/resort style (trips a few times per year, usually only eat lunch a out in the parks and an occasional dinner out, don’t really need or want all the snack credits, etc), CL and any of the dining plan options have not made sense for us, both from a $ perspective and practical use of time/meal credits perspective. I’m sure it might make more sense for certain party sizes and dining habits, but not for us.

TIA!!!
The deluxe dining plan plus CL is A LOT of food. Only you know how your family eats, but the time we did it, we ended up bringing home essentially a suitcase full of Disney snacks, lol. At the end of our trip, we combined various snacks to use our remaining meal credits. Not the best use of deluxe dining plan credits, but better than wasting them at least. My daughter at least was so excited to bring the Mickey shaped veggie chips in her school lunch for about a month, lol. Kind of like how I get excited about bringing Disney toiletries in my gym bag! It keeps the vacation magic alive. :)

These days what I do is figure out where we’re likely to eat, do some math, and decide if the (standard) dining plan makes sense. Sometimes it does as my DD really loves the character meals. If we’re doing a few of those, especially at dinner, it often makes sense for us to do the dining plan. And at the end of our trip, we take the remaining snack credits and bring home Mickey shaped veggie chips, lol.

TIA!!!

I completely agree with everyone. I’d do one or the other. I’m a horribly picky eater and I’m still full after breakfast or evening apps at the lounge. Good luck deciding!

I personally have never found the dining plan to be a good choice for us.....even when I priced in out.....we are not huge eaters anyhow, and trying to figure all that out to me is rather bothersome.... When you prepay for packages or plans you usually end up paying more for convenience period. Sure it works for many people? I use my Disney Reward dollars for most or all of food....but as for the Club Level offerings, yes because I am paying to stay up there we opt in a trip to eat dinner there a couple nights....usually when its a day we plan to return to another park for later hours as a break, and also to break up the larger meals from the nicer restaurants. Every morning we eat a healthy breakfast there and that is both for convenience, time management....but also because its a hot meal of oatmeal which is what I want anyhow which makes it feel more like home to just walk down the hall and eat breakfast and depart. We also use the desserts, snacks and beverages...I like that I can get fresh fruit and veggies which are missing from many meal options in the parks....or harder to come by anyhow. Gives me better balance.... :rolleyes1 One trip we all shared a virus....and it was such a blessing to have simple foods available nearby during those days. The other thing I love about club level is that hands down it is quieter....this fairy is an ultra light sleeper.:ssst::tink:

Bottom line is you have to not only look at the perks....which are very nice to have, but if your budget is number one issue then the total cost vs benefit should be considered.:thumbsup2

TIA!!!

We stayed GF CL about a year ago with the dining plan as we wanted to do daily character dining. We don’t regret it, but we would never do it again. It was WAYYYY too much food, and we weren’t able to take advantage of the CL offerings. We are planning another GF CL trip, and we plan on just quick service lunches and maybe one character meal the whole time.

TIA!!!
If you want to spend almost every waking moment eating, then book CL and a dining plan.
Us, no way. We barely buy any food when we stay CL.
Breakfast, covered in the lounge
Lunch, maybe 50/50 covered in the lounge. If we can get back by about 1:00 for our swim/break time then we will eat in the lounge. If not, we book a TS
Dinner, covered in the lounge. We always plan to stay at the Resort will 5:00, grab food in the lounge, and head back to the parks.
The one meal we routinely skip in the lounge is desserts. We are not big fans.
So, short answer, we eat lunch a few days out, the rest is all in the lounge. And we are big eaters in general, still have no problems with sticking to what's offered in the lounge. Heck, many times we are so full from the breakfast we pass lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter