Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I can’t help with your specific view questions... but DSS can only add room request notes/comments to your reservation, they are not room assignors (and frankly do not tend to know the resorts/CL rooms particularly well). The room assignors are a separate group (at the resort, I believe, but not totally sure about that). They take your reservation - along with any notes (could be from calling, DSS, or a TP fax, etc) - and work their Tetris magic to slot you in.

Hope that makes sense.
Thanks.... I'll try the fax.

Thanks.... I'll try the fax.

Cool, good luck.

I’ve never tried TP room requests but people seem to do it all the time based on comments around the DIS and they have a pretty loyal following for that service.

I’ve only ever e-mailed DSS with my requests. On occasion I’ve had to discuss our room upon check-in and the CM has read to me what’s on their screen (which has been nearly verbatim what I had e-mailed DSS), so that could also be an option for you too if for some reason you don’t want to use TP.

Enjoy YC. Was just there early Oct and really enjoyed it.

Cool, good luck.

I’ve never tried TP room requests but people seem to do it all the time based on comments around the DIS and they have a pretty loyal following for that service.

I’ve only ever e-mailed DSS with my requests. On occasion I’ve had to discuss our room upon check-in and the CM has read to me what’s on their screen (which has been nearly verbatim what I had e-mailed DSS), so that could also be an option for you too if for some reason you don’t want to use TP.

Thanks... This is my first YC stay - have been to BC (not CL) several times and BWI CL, as well as POFQ. Love these EPCOT resorts!!!

I've used TP with pretty high success rate... not always exactly what I was requesting, but close enough. I do try to word it fairly generically - "Close to elevator" or "ground floor" or "close to transportation"... and it seems they usually try to accommodate, but I just didn't know if the same room assigner did the CL rooms.... I'll probably try a combination of TP, DSS and called in room requests... Not that there are THAT many SV rooms at YC CL, but it never hurts to ask for what you would like. :)

Cool, good luck.

Same here, but replace emailed DSS with TP Fax service. Matter of fact, when we walked in at BWI earlier this month the CM said "your room isn't ready yet but you'll love it, it's exactly what you requested"

And I'm pretty sure you are right that the room assignors are at the individual resorts (in the "back room")
I had an email from the assignor at CBR a couple years ago. We'd booked Preferred and requested a building that was being removed from the Preferred category so they contacted me to let me know. Her contact info said she was at CBR, not just Disney reservations in general. I know when I've asked for a room to be moved or asked for any room available, the front desk CM goes into a closed door to get the room info. I sort of assumed that's where they are located.
And when we checked in to Poly one time when the systems were out they had to go back to the back room to get every room number

Same here, but replace emailed DSS with TP Fax service. Matter of fact, when we walked in at BWI earlier this month the CM said "your room isn't ready yet but you'll love it, it's exactly what you requested"

And I'm pretty sure you are right that the room assignors are at the individual resorts (in the "back room")
I had an email from the assignor at CBR a couple years ago. We'd booked Preferred and requested a building that was being removed from the Preferred category so they contacted me to let me know. Her contact info said she was at CBR, not just Disney reservations in general. I know when I've asked for a room to be moved or asked for any room available, the front desk CM goes into a closed door to get the room info. I sort of assumed that's where they are located.
And when we checked in to Poly one time when the systems were out they had to go back to the back room to get every room number

Yeah, the few times I’ve had to get a room assignor involved I’ve been at the CL CM desks (not the main lobby) and they pick up the phone and call. It’s often been a pretty chummy conversation - “hey Chris, it’s Stacy over in Hawaii” - it has ‘sounded’ more internal than the way different departments speak to each other. I also had a Poly room assignor call me one morning the day of check in (I was still at home!) and I was nosy and asked... he told me he was at Poly (although I know they’d likely say that even not at the resort). But he did speak with a knowledge of the resort that I think would be hard to do from an off-site center, which led to think he probably was. Could be way off though.

We have been booked CL at the GF for several months and arrive in 25 days and have not gotten a call from DSS. I am a little disappointed, but I actually do not need them for anything. I think it is more that this is a very special trip and was just thinking a call would have made it feel even more special. I guess the one plus is that my kids have no idea we are going, so if they happened to call at a time I had my kids with me, I would have not really been able to talk anyway :rolleyes1

I called in today to add that we were celebrating my kiddo's birthday during our visit, and they told me that DSS is SUPPOSED to contact us around the 180 day mark, if not a few days before. I may reach out to them closer to that date, which will be around Thanksgiving. Will let you know if I hear from them!

DSS has been hit or miss as far as reaching out to guests lately, as others have said already. You can contact them if you’d like especially if you would like to notify them of anything you might be celebrating or any other requests you may have.

Tip: Relax and Enjoy the beautiful resort, wander around a bit if you get a chance!!!!!

We have 2 full days to relax and enjoy the resort in between our park days! :)

Ok so I called DSS and was not overly impressed with the service.....she just kept waiting for me to ask questions and was not forthcoming with information unless I asked specific question, so nothing like my experience last few trips with IPO. They said the WL concierge is only during my stay.
I think I still have their cell phone somewhere and may attempt to ring them up. Then called to modify my reservation and was successful keeping my GOM discount but not able to modify remainder of stay. She suggested right now its blocked out, not that it is reserved, but taken out of inventory.
Just maybe they are doing subtle refurb where they take a block of rooms out at a time on Club Level. Will keep checking but meanwhile if I choose to purchase my CL extra FPP I will have to pick and day I had not intended....may have to rearrange my park days but having my ADR's all set will mean a bit of work. So wings crossed I will get my CL visit whole trip.....looking at my plans, I cannot move my DHS day which is outside my CL stay.....got Hoop De Doo that night and really DHS was to obtain all the toy story attractions FP.....HOPING that my days will become available CL before the 60 day mark and I can snag them. Hey I did at least get an official 90 day mark and because my CL is first part of my stay, I can call earlier. :earsboy:

Ok so I called DSS and was not overly impressed with the service.....she just kept waiting for me to ask questions and was not forthcoming with information unless I asked specific question, so nothing like my experience last few trips with IPO. They said the WL concierge is only during my stay.
I think I still have their cell phone somewhere and may attempt to ring them up. Then called to modify my reservation and was successful keeping my GOM discount but not able to modify remainder of stay. She suggested right now its blocked out, not that it is reserved, but taken out of inventory.
Just maybe they are doing subtle refurb where they take a block of rooms out at a time on Club Level. Will keep checking but meanwhile if I choose to purchase my CL extra FPP I will have to pick and day I had not intended....may have to rearrange my park days but having my ADR's all set will mean a bit of work. So wings crossed I will get my CL visit whole trip.....looking at my plans, I cannot move my DHS day which is outside my CL stay.....got Hoop De Doo that night and really DHS was to obtain all the toy story attractions FP.....HOPING that my days will become available CL before the 60 day mark and I can snag them. Hey I did at least get an official 90 day mark and because my CL is first part of my stay, I can call earlier. :earsboy:
They are doing way more than a subtle refurb at WL. Complete redo of all the rooms

They are doing way more than a subtle refurb at WL. Complete redo of all the rooms

I thought that got pushed out and they had not begun yet.....do you know for certain it has started? I know it is coming but......pray that they keep a nice level of theming. They already replaced the hall carpet I think when they finished the lounge in 2017.

So I reached out to DSS, who informed me that they do not proactively reach out to CL guests if they've booked through a travel agency. (Which I did.) Wondering if this is why many guests do not have them reach out to them when staying CL? In any event, they were super helpful and answered all of my questions. I knew a little about the extra FP for purchase, but I wasn't fully aware with the program, so now that I know a little more about it, I am pretty sure we're gonna go for it!

So I reached out to DSS, who informed me that they do not proactively reach out to CL guests if they've booked through a travel agency. (Which I did.) Wondering if this is why many guests do not have them reach out to them when staying CL? In any event, they were super helpful and answered all of my questions. I knew a little about the extra FP for purchase, but I wasn't fully aware with the program, so now that I know a little more about it, I am pretty sure we're gonna go for it!

Interesting response, but it makes sense as the TA owns the reservation until you check in so DSS would only have the TA info ahead of time.

I currently have 2 CL trips booked, Thanksgiving and Christmas both booked through Disney and unfortunately I have never received a call, email or postcard from DSS. For the trial extra FP+ program for the Christmas trip I called them and all went well but I was already familiar with the program as we did it in August. I also sent an email them to add my dd's birthday to the reservation and make a room request but never got a response.

Last edited:
Gwynne did you actually get duplicates when you called or was that something you modified later on your MDE? I have read someone did that before but unsure on the ratio of success.....any trip I can get on BTM for 2-3 times in one day makes me:dumbo:
I made sure the 3 CL fast passes were the first 3 of the day. Then the last 3 are regular ones I can easily modify.
i did not ask for duplicates when I called. I didn't have a firm plan for the last three fps of the day, my plan sort of evolved as I spaced our days out.

Last edited:
Interesting response, but it makes sense as the TA owns the reservation until you check in so DSS would only have the TA info ahead of time.

I currently have 2 CL trips booked, Thanksgiving and Christmas both booked through Disney and unfortunately I have never received a call, email or postcard from DSS. For the trial extra FP+ program for the Christmas trip I called them and all went well but I was already familiar with the program as we did it in August. I also sent an email them to add my dd's birthday to the reservation and make a room request but never got a response.

It’s because you have a lot of posts on the DIS and they are :magnify: you.

Just kidding.

Kind of... I swear my run of good luck with room requests totally changed since becoming a Moderator here! :rotfl:

But in all seriousness... that’s weird you never got a response back to your e-mail - that’s not normal. I assume you’ve checked spam, different e-mails, etc?

Also, that is interesting about TAs. I’ve been reading this thread for a few years and don’t think I’ve ever seen those two concepts put together. Could be legit?

I generally don't hear from them either after I book. I do get in touch with them for questions or room requests.
You might email or call to make sure they have your requests. It isn't normal for them to not respond to phone calls or emails.
Your upcoming trips sound wonderful! What a great way to enjoy the holidays.:flower:

I would try reaching out to them again! I e-mailed them earlier today and got a response within an hour! We are super excited. Hope you enjoy your trips!

Ok so my latest query for those of you who already did the CL FPP....were you calling first thing on your 90 day out mark? Or around that day....thinking someone will be here for first 40 minutes after 9:00 that day and I assume there isn't the rush of CL peeps hogging all the fastpasses....just curious on your experience at booking and its timing. Guess I could try emailing them prior as suggested above by some, and then calling when the coast is clear if I don't see them already loaded....:smooth:

I made sure the 3 CL fast passes were the first 3 of the day. Then the last 3 are regular ones I can easily modify.
i did not ask for duplicates when I called. I didn't have a firm plan for the last three fps of the day, my plan sort of evolved as I spaced out day out.

Thanks so much Gwynne....sounds like a plan!

Ok so my latest query for those of you who already did the CL FPP....were you calling first thing on your 90 day out mark? Or around that day....thinking someone will be here for first 40 minutes after 9:00 that day and I assume there isn't the rush of CL peeps hogging all the fastpasses....just curious on your experience at booking and its timing. Guess I could try emailing them prior as suggested above by some, and then calling when the coast is clear if I don't see them already loaded....:smooth:

You can book them 90 days from your check-out date (sorry if you know that). I booked mine at the 90-day mark via phone, took 20-25 mins (it helps if you already have mapped out what you want). Some people have e-mailed their FPs as well.

There is not a massive amount of people booking these CL FPs so you really don’t need to worry to much about booking right at 90 days from check-out.

A regular guest with a two week stay can book 60+14... so 74 days out from their check-in (for example). That gives you around 2 weeks of run time from your check-out date to book the trial paid FPs without much risk of interference from traditional FP bookings.

So, bottom line... do it at 90 from check out or within a week or so and you’ll be totally fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter