Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Agreed! The plates were very tiny bites. We just got home yesterday and while we were there, they ran out of some of the food at least two nights.

How can they possibly explain or justify running out of food at that price point? That doesn’t make sense at all. I know certain people over indulge or whatever but that simply is not acceptable on Disney’s part imo. Were they actually telling paying CL guests “sorry but we are out of food”?!?!

How can they possibly explain or justify running out of food at that price point? That doesn’t make sense at all. I know certain people over indulge or whatever but that simply is not acceptable on Disney’s part imo. Were they actually telling paying CL guests “sorry but we are out of food”?!?!

I know at WL on the 4th they ran out of "specific types" of items-. For example, the patriotic mini cupcakes or the patriotic sprinkled cookies, or the made up keylime dessert cup. But, then they replenish it with a different style, in this case these regular sized cupcakes and chocolate chip cookies. So something, but you may have missed that specific version. I feel like this happens alot because at snack time sometimes later in the day, the specific items may somewhat change like that, ie., Vanilla mini cupcakes where it was the berry chocolate one earlier.. different chips, etc.,

I’m really struggling with a hotel pick. We will stay the first three night club level at AKL. Then we add two to our party so we “outgrow” a standard club level room at AKL. Our party consists of 3 adults and 2 children(both will be 6). I have considered the 1 Bedroom Savanna view Club Level
Suite at AKL but I cannot seem to find any information on where these rooms are located. All the information I can find is regarding the DVC suites. Does anyone know the location of these rooms. Or does anyone have a recommendation of another Club Level stay. We stayed Poly the last two trips. We do not like the Poly that well and after this trip said we would not go back.

Does anyone know if food offered at GF CL taste similar to those offered at Citricos??? I am choosing between California Grill and Citricos. I can get 10% off with my Disney Visa at Citricos but am afraid that food at Citricos would taste like that offered in the GF CL where we will stay for 4 nights....

I’m really struggling with a hotel pick. We will stay the first three night club level at AKL. Then we add two to our party so we “outgrow” a standard club level room at AKL. Our party consists of 3 adults and 2 children(both will be 6). I have considered the 1 Bedroom Savanna view Club Level
Suite at AKL but I cannot seem to find any information on where these rooms are located. All the information I can find is regarding the DVC suites. Does anyone know the location of these rooms. Or does anyone have a recommendation of another Club Level stay. We stayed Poly the last two trips. We do not like the Poly that well and after this trip said we would not go back.

Have you checked out Touringplans?? The room location finder is very useful. It shows you exactly where the rooms are located for each corresponding category! https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge

Checked into BC yesterday for part two of our stay. We got Deluxe Room 1557. I was initially disappointed with a ground floor room (especially after our room issues at CR), but we had already been waiting until well after 3pm and wanted to just get into our room already. A quick stop at the CL desk just to ask about a room on a higher floor, but they were booked solid. The room is lovely, though, and actually quite handy to be able to send the kids out the patio slider to the quiet pool and for easy access to the laundry room. The room has 4 HUGE floor to ceiling windows but gets completely blackout dark when you pull the curtains. The patio is small, though, and faces the quiet pool. 3/4 windows face the quiet pool courtyard and one faces Crescent Lake. This room is SO much nicer than the Tower Club room at CR. It's also larger, and cost $100 less. When we arrived here my husband said "now I feel like I'm at Disney World." Epcot resorts are our "home." Just LOVE the BC. This room has a TON of storage space and is much more functional for our family. The beds confirm that we did indeed have double beds at CR. My feet weren't hanging over the end of this one when I lay down...there's a good 6 inches extra at the foot of the bed.

We arrived around 12:30 and were taken right up to the 5th floor to check in. The staff was all VERY friendly and check in was quick. We did have a snafu with our magic bands not being coded to give us 5th floor access in the elevator, which resulted in an awkward situation where we were "stuck" in a non moving elevator for a few minutes until someone pushed the call button and we went back down. We ended up getting back to the 5th floor when a gentleman going up there anyway let us ride along. A quick stop at the desk fixed the issue. Had to do with being at CR CL prior. Our bands were still coded for that CL.

We only did afternoon snacks yesterday but they were plentiful (larger selection than CR). I really enjoyed the special lunch drink they had. Seabreeze or something like that. Kids liked the ice cream. :)

I will say, though, the lounge was crowded and rowdy. We were in there about 1.5 hours total while waiting for our room after lunch at Ale & Compass (food good, service awful). There were a couple families in there who were acting like the lounge was their personal living room and just being loud, obnoxious, and rude (standing in front of the food and eating out of the bowls like it was a party). Just boorish behavior. That was a stark change from the Tower Club lounge, where we were usually the only ones there. Gotta get used to it, I guess. I did like the lounge renovation and think it looks great.

Going to check out breakfast here shortly and look forward to seeing what is on offer tonight. We missed last nights 5-7 service because we had FP+ for Slinky Dog Dash. It POURED all night at DHS and the ride was down due to lightning for the majority of the evening but we finally rode in the rain around 9:30. It's a FANTASTIC ride! Super fun. TS land is awesome. The park CLEARED OUT last night and everything had less than 30 min waits. We did the Alien Saucers standby and waited only 20 min. Even Midway Mania was only 40 min all night.

Checked into BC yesterday for part two of our stay. We got Deluxe Room 1557. I was initially disappointed with a ground floor room (especially after our room issues at CR), but we had already been waiting until well after 3pm and wanted to just get into our room already. A quick stop at the CL desk just to ask about a room on a higher floor, but they were booked solid. The room is lovely, though, and actually quite handy to be able to send the kids out the patio slider to the quiet pool and for easy access to the laundry room. The room has 4 HUGE floor to ceiling windows but gets completely blackout dark when you pull the curtains. The patio is small, though, and faces the quiet pool. 3/4 windows face the quiet pool courtyard and one faces Crescent Lake. This room is SO much nicer than the Tower Club room at CR. It's also larger, and cost $100 less. When we arrived here my husband said "now I feel like I'm at Disney World." Epcot resorts are our "home." Just LOVE the BC. This room has a TON of storage space and is much more functional for our family. The beds confirm that we did indeed have double beds at CR. My feet weren't hanging over the end of this one when I lay down...there's a good 6 inches extra at the foot of the bed.

We arrived around 12:30 and were taken right up to the 5th floor to check in. The staff was all VERY friendly and check in was quick. We did have a snafu with our magic bands not being coded to give us 5th floor access in the elevator, which resulted in an awkward situation where we were "stuck" in a non moving elevator for a few minutes until someone pushed the call button and we went back down. We ended up getting back to the 5th floor when a gentleman going up there anyway let us ride along. A quick stop at the desk fixed the issue. Had to do with being at CR CL prior. Our bands were still coded for that CL.

We only did afternoon snacks yesterday but they were plentiful (larger selection than CR). I really enjoyed the special lunch drink they had. Seabreeze or something like that. Kids liked the ice cream. :)

I will say, though, the lounge was crowded and rowdy. We were in there about 1.5 hours total while waiting for our room after lunch at Ale & Compass (food good, service awful). There were a couple families in there who were acting like the lounge was their personal living room and just being loud, obnoxious, and rude (standing in front of the food and eating out of the bowls like it was a party). Just boorish behavior. That was a stark change from the Tower Club lounge, where we were usually the only ones there. Gotta get used to it, I guess. I did like the lounge renovation and think it looks great.

Going to check out breakfast here shortly and look forward to seeing what is on offer tonight. We missed last nights 5-7 service because we had FP+ for Slinky Dog Dash. It POURED all night at DHS and the ride was down due to lightning for the majority of the evening but we finally rode in the rain around 9:30. It's a FANTASTIC ride! Super fun. TS land is awesome. The park CLEARED OUT last night and everything had less than 30 min waits. We did the Alien Saucers standby and waited only 20 min. Even Midway Mania was only 40 min all night.
Glad your feeling "home" now. Sorry about the rude guests. Maybe they are the same families that were at CR when we were there last week after BC. The CM had to tell teenagers to keep their hands out of the food and that dipping food into sauces, dips was not how it was done :crazy2:. A family with younger kids coughed all over breakfast too (thankfully after we got our plates...no going back after that )
Your room sounds lovely! I did laundry over there, and it was quiet.
Glad you were able to enjoy TSL even in the rain and hot your breakfast and park today go awesome!!
We miss BC!!

Ugh I’m so fed up with Signature Services. This truly is not the CL experience that I was used to in the past. They push back on every request and I’m not asking for anything out of the ordinary. ADRs, information on tours and such. They send me to the Disney webpage :sad2:

I just went an email asking for a ADR for Candlelight Processional and they told me I could go online on the 11th and make that! Am I missing something??????

Yes, both GF and the food offerings are said to be the same, but IMO, nothing can compare to a stay in the main building.

I agree! :thumbsup2

We (family of four, kids 8 and 3) were at Poly CL last week, then moved over to YC CL for one night. We had never been to YC CL before, so it was an entirely new experience.

Maybe we just really enjoyed the change of scene after several days at Poly, but we left saying we will absolutely be back. Everything about the setup, the location, the rooms, the lounge style, etc definitely worked for our style. Obviously one day isn't enough to see a whole "body of work" for any given CL, but we were definitely impressed.

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great time and enjoyed YC CL :).

I didn't get a pic of the shower - but it's a shower, no tub. Dual shower heads, one is the "rain" style.

I didn't know any rooms had just a shower, good to know ;).

Breakfast this AM....

Evening apps last night.

Love all the food pics! YC CL hasn't been on my list of CLs to try, but after seeing pics of the lounge and offerings, I'm thinking it might be one to try ;).

Ok, can't all be winners. The Mac & Cheese was extremely runny... but the kids didn't seem to care.

Looks more like soup than mac & cheese :rolleyes1.

Last post... desserts...quite abundant here.

They all look delicious ::yes::.

OY, my husband and I are checking into the YC in about a week for our anniversary and I have been thinking about upgrading to CL, it looks fantastic from your pictures. Decisions decisions.

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I can't help with the AKL suites, but for other suggestions, GF RPC and BWI CL are both great, IMO :goodvibes.

Checked into BC yesterday for part two of our stay. We got Deluxe Room 1557. I was initially disappointed with a ground floor room (especially after our room issues at CR), but we had already been waiting until well after 3pm and wanted to just get into our room already. A quick stop at the CL desk just to ask about a room on a higher floor, but they were booked solid. The room is lovely, though, and actually quite handy to be able to send the kids out the patio slider to the quiet pool and for easy access to the laundry room. The room has 4 HUGE floor to ceiling windows but gets completely blackout dark when you pull the curtains. The patio is small, though, and faces the quiet pool. 3/4 windows face the quiet pool courtyard and one faces Crescent Lake. This room is SO much nicer than the Tower Club room at CR. It's also larger, and cost $100 less. When we arrived here my husband said "now I feel like I'm at Disney World."

Sounds like a great room! Have a great time and enjoy the BC :).

The CM had to tell teenagers to keep their hands out of the food and that dipping food into sauces, dips was not how it was done :crazy2:. A family with younger kids coughed all over breakfast too (thankfully after we got our plates...no going back after that )

:sad2:

One of the cast members in the lounge actually told me to grab what was left ( pork loin) because all that was left were pot stickers and they ran out of the other food. And yes that is very surprising. Maybe GADisneyDad14 can chime in on this one because I know he just left also but there were a LOT of people at Polynesian these past two weeks and I hope I’m wrong when I say this but I believe it’s possible people sneak into the lounge who are not CL guests.

For the simple reason that some guests are treating the evening service as alternative / replacement for "Dinner" and not drinks and light appetizers. Club level was / is not designed as a replacement for a full service: Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner offering.

Dave

For the simple reason that some guests are treating the evening service as alternative / replacement for "Dinner" and not drinks and light appetizers. Club level was / is not designed as a replacement for a full service: Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner offering.

Dave

I believe this to be true both from reading this thread and listening to guest comments.

i have been reading through this thread all day trying to figure out where in the world to stay. I thought I had settled on Beach Club or Yacht Club but I can't find any availability. I had this trouble the other day with AKL but a couple of days ago the standard club level rooms finally started showing up. Is it really possible that Beach Club/Yacht club level rooms that sleep 5 are already booked up for the summer? I am wanting to go Saturday before Memorial Day and stay that week but I even tried playing around with some dates and I can't get anything to show up. Any thoughts?

Dave
True except I do feel it could definitely replace breakfast. Not lunch or dinner. We are not big eaters but on most nights had a late dinner after drinks and evening apps. I saw people asking for paper plates and loading them up with food after dumping all the little plates out onto the plate and leaving a stack of them behind!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter