Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So beyond excited to be staying in a Deluxe CL room at BWI from November 24-Dec. 1 with my husband, parents and my two boys (12 & 9). This is my mom's dream trip location (other than Poly) and adding CL was an added bonus! This will be our first time seeing Epcot's Holiday Festival and Pandora! Love all of the information I have seen in this post! Thank you!

Disney during the holidays is amazing, you will love it! Enjoy the rest of your planning. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Congrats and I'll see you in the Club Lounge - although my aunt and I won't get there till 11/26! ;)

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

Thank you. So far very happy with WL CL. We were met at the front desk when we arrived and got a tour of the offerings and brought to our room. The selections have been great. All the CM's very pleasant. We are here until Monday when we switch to BC CL so if anyone has any questions about WL just let me know.

You're welcome! Glad you are enjoying WL CL. Hope you have a great time at BC CL :).

Thank you. So far very happy with WL CL. We were met at the front desk when we arrived and got a tour of the offerings and brought to our room. The selections have been great. All the CM's very pleasant. We are here until Monday when we switch to BC CL so if anyone has any questions about WL just let me know.
Please let us know how BC CL compares...

Please let us know how BC CL compares...
Definitely will. I am a little concerned BC CL is not going to compare well to WL service. But will keep an open mind, we wanted to try an Epcot resort. As to your question about AKL CL or WL CL, we did AKL CL two years ago. We liked AKL but it was a long walk from the room and then up an elevator to the lounge, of course depends on the room you get. At WL it is a very short walk to the lounge. You can see the fireworks from the lounge balcony which I forgot to mention. Also there seems to be more room in the lounge at WL as it is more spread out. My two cents.

Definitely will. I am a little concerned BC CL is not going to compare well to WL service. But will keep an open mind, we wanted to try an Epcot resort. As to your question about AKL CL or WL CL, we did AKL CL two years ago. We liked AKL but it was a long walk from the room and then up an elevator to the lounge, of course depends on the room you get. At WL it is a very short walk to the lounge. You can see the fireworks from the lounge balcony which I forgot to mention. Also there seems to be more room in the lounge at WL as it is more spread out. My two cents.
Are the DVC units the only rooms on the actual CL floor at AKL?

Yes, I would love to hear about BC CL offerings / details as we will be there in August. Thanks for reporting it here:-)

When should I expect to hear from DSS for a split stay (CR CL/BC CL) beginning 7/3?

When did you book?

Some people get a phone call, some people get a post card, some people get both, some people get nothing - with no apparent logic to the pattern.

I’ve consistently been getting the postcards, and sometimes - but not always - get a call. The call usually comes sometime within a week(ish) of booking. Note, my reservations are generally made less than 180 days out.

Hope that helps!

(BTW, CR for 7/3 and 7/4 is going to be awesome!)

Also BTW, I wouldn’t worry too much about being contacted or not from DSS - reach out to them if you need anything. You don’t need to wait for them.

When did you book?

Some people get a phone call, some people get a post card, some people get both, some people get nothing - with no apparent logic to the pattern.

I’ve consistently been getting the postcards, and sometimes - but not always - get a call. The call usually comes sometime within a week(ish) of booking. Note, my reservations are generally made less than 180 days out.

Hope that helps!

(BTW, CR for 7/3 and 7/4 is going to be awesome!)

Also BTW, I wouldn’t worry too much about being contacted or not from DSS - reach out to them if you need anything. You don’t need to wait for them.

Booked in October. Have not heard a thing.

So, you have to do a DVC rental to stay on the lounge floor of AKL? That kind of sucks.
We are staying CR due to proximity to MK with our 4 y/o DGS. But planned 4 park days 4 resort days. Since we're planning only 2 days MK (with the 6 fast passes it should work well, IF the offer is still available) one day HS, and one day AK, I was thinking AKL would be great for a 4 y/o.
But, if WL CL is that much better, that would be a better choice.
Tia

So, you have to do a DVC rental to stay on the lounge floor of AKL? That kind of sucks.
We are staying CR due to proximity to MK with our 4 y/o DGS. But planned 4 park days 4 resort days. Since we're planning only 2 days MK (with the 6 fast passes it should work well, IF the offer is still available) one day HS, and one day AK, I was thinking AKL would be great for a 4 y/o.
Tia

There are very few rooms on the 6th floor with the lounge, they are all DVC units and the only DVC-CL option, I believe that the regular club level rooms are all on the 4th floor but as I have never stayed in one I could be wrong. I have only stayed club level at AKL so I have nothing to compare it to, and I have obviously only stayed on the 6th floor, but I absolutely love the lounge, food, and CMs at AKL CL. Hopefully someone who has stayed at both will be of more help to you.

AKL CL or WL CL
and Why???
Tia

Hmmm....hard question as we liked both! Food was good and plentiful at both and CM at both locations were super nice. At AKL you can have a great savannah view with the animals and at WL you can get a room which allows you to see the MK fireworks. We give a slight advantage to WL as we are more epcot and MK visitors and transportation options were not limited to just the bus.

Tia

I am very much a “close to the lounge” kind of guy. With the kiddos we’re sort of constantly back/forth and I find it just makes things more convenient. That statement has usually been a part of my requests at most resorts.

I knew rooms at AKL were further from the lounge / not on the same floor and frankly I was a bit skeptical going in.

BUT - I was WAY wrong. Our room last week was consistently 3+ minutes room to lounge. But here’s the thing...it did not bother me ONE BIT. The walk was lovely. There are little nooks and crannies all over the place...places to stop and look out at the Savannah, places to look out over the pool, places to look out over the lobby. I did not mind the walk at all. In a weird way, I almost looked forward to it.

Sure, it’s not conducive to just “popping in” the lounge for a quick beverage like it might be at, say, Poly, GF, or CR.

It was a really different CL experience than I’m used to, but honestly, we loved every bit of it. I can see how it might not work for some folks, but zero complaints here.

Just checked into the Polynesian for my first ever Club Level stay and first time ever at Polynesian, and this is not considered theme park View!!!! I’m in heaven right now!! Can’t waot to watch the fireworks from my balcony and I can cross that off my bucket list!!! :)

Attachments

• A9F81657-319E-4D59-9F71-A419C33797C0.jpeg
    A9F81657-319E-4D59-9F71-A419C33797C0.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 69
Just checked into the Polynesian for my first ever Club Level stay and first time ever at Polynesian, and this is not considered theme park View!!!! I’m in heaven right now!! Can’t waot to watch the fireworks from my balcony and I can cross that off my bucket list!!! :)

Sweet, nice view! What view category did you book? When you get back, would love to know what room # / floor that is.

Have fun!

IMG_0150.JPG IMG_0154.JPG
I am very much a “close to the lounge” kind of guy. With the kiddos we’re sort of constantly back/forth and I find it just makes things more convenient. That statement has usually been a part of my requests at most resorts.

I knew rooms at AKL were further from the lounge / not on the same floor and frankly I was a bit skeptical going in.

BUT - I was WAY wrong. Our room last week was consistently 3+ minutes room to lounge. But here’s the thing...it did not bother me ONE BIT. The walk was lovely. There are little nooks and crannies all over the place...places to stop and look out at the Savannah, places to look out over the pool, places to look out over the lobby. I did not mind the walk at all. In a weird way, I almost looked forward to it.

Sure, it’s not conducive to just “popping in” the lounge for a quick beverage like it might be at, say, Poly, GF, or CR.

It was a really different CL experience than I’m used to, but honestly, we loved every bit of it. I can see how it might not work for some folks, but zero complaints here.
I was hoping you'd feel that too!

I totally didn't mind the walk.

@Gryhndmom
@GADisneyDad14
Thank you both for your great replies. I have pre booked through a TA AKL for the 2nd part of our Split stay, and I think I'm going to keep it that way. We are already staying at a MK Resort, so will have 4 days of Fireworks prior to AKL.
I think AKL will be great for resort time and @GADisneyDad14 allayed my too far to the lounge with a 4 y/o fears...
I can't believe I have to wait until next February! Lol
Thanks also to @trishadono for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter