Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So quick question for all you WDW vets...
Would it be less expensive for just me to get an AP, then arrange my CR CL room for 5 (4 adults, 1 little) with a possible room discount (February 2019), or is that not a good plan?
Truthfully I would not get a lot of mileage from the AP except for room discount. I don't go often enough to warrant it for DH AND myself.
ETA: Then if I purchased a TIW card, would it apply to all our meals or only mine? TIA
And last, how far in advance if my trip should I get it? I want to take advantage of the extra FP program. (If it's still available)

I'll say something similar to @Maxie86 - I'd just wait and get the lay of the land once discounts come out. AP discounts are fickle things, they can work in your favor or be frustratingly hard to find to make work with your dates, room type, resort, etc. It really just depends. FWIW, AP discounts in Feb 2018 were 10% higher than the general public discount, but that can change too.

Most people will generally tell you to get an AP to save on park trips, not necessarily resort or other discounts. Those just help ease the pain a touch, but aren't major movers (typically).

And lastly - APs are addicting. Be careful.

Here are pictures of the drinks in the Old Faithful lounge. Someone had asked about bottled water. The Dasani was available at all times of day. Beer fridge during 5-7 pm time. Cordials out 8-10 pm. One draft beer was different (no pic, sorry). No more Widmer Brothers Hefe, it has been replaced with Elysian Dragonstooth Stout. The other draft was the same, Elysian IPA. All of the beer is Pacific Northwest brew.
Nice upgrade! You had me at stout. Good gravy I haven’t had a stout in a CL lounge since BC years ago when they ordered it special for us. Beer me!:drinking1

Hi, All! I have been back a week now from our WL CL Easter weekend trip. Apologies on the delayed report. I will give some basic details in this post and then try to get some food and beverage pics posted later today.

Trip dates: March 29-April 2
Booked: WL Standard Club Level Room

An Old Faithful Club cast member sent a personal email to me about a week out from the trip to double check room requests, ask about allergies, and confirm our arrival time. It was a nice surprise.

I attached the CL schedule and a picture of the items left in our room when we arrived. The chocolate gift from The Ganachery is the same as last year. Very nice.

Our room. You guys, we recieved some major pixie dust. We were placed in a two-bedroom, two-bathroom villa at Copper Creek! It was a beautiful space. The size of three standard rooms. It did create a hiccup with CL access, as our magic bands wouldn't open the magic door that connects that side of the lodge to the lounge. After a quick trip to the front desk, they issued us each a plastic card that gave us access to the lounge.

Lounge service was excellent. Friendly and attentive staff for the most part. It felt more busy this time, maybe due to the holiday weekend. Overall great experience again. Definitely worth putting on your CL list if you have never tried it.

Thanks for your review and all of the pics. Congrats on the upgrade! Glad you had a great time :wizard:.

Just to follow up. You are correct about WL CL making an extra effort. We are arriving tomorrow. They called me today to see if everything is all set and if I had any other requests. He was able to confirm that we will have bunkbeds, kids will be happy. On the flip side, still nothing from BC CL.

Have a great time! :yay:

So beyond excited to be staying in a Deluxe CL room at BWI from November 24-Dec. 1 with my husband, parents and my two boys (12 & 9). This is my mom's dream trip location (other than Poly) and adding CL was an added bonus! This will be our first time seeing Epcot's Holiday Festival and Pandora! Love all of the information I have seen in this post! Thank you!

So beyond excited to be staying in a Deluxe CL room at BWI from November 24-Dec. 1 with my husband, parents and my two boys (12 & 9). This is my mom's dream trip location (other than Poly) and adding CL was an added bonus! This will be our first time seeing Epcot's Holiday Festival and Pandora! Love all of the information I have seen in this post! Thank you!

Congrats and I'll see you in the Club Lounge - although my aunt and I won't get there till 11/26! ;)

Did anyone here ever get any insight on why BWI has no Boardwalk or Waterview CL rooms to book now? I've talked to them at the TA booking Dept (since I have to call them for changes with our Bounceback booking) and they tried to find out and couldn't. Clearly the rooms are not gone and they aren't converted to Deluxe, they have sitting rooms in them, so not really possible to reconstruct the rooms. They did say that based on everything they saw they are not included with Standard and they are removed from booking. I know they are not leaving them empty all this time. So, anyone know what's up?

I think we will actually take a cab / bring our own luggage too. Did you just leave it with Bell Services or did CL CM's put it in another place? Would love to have a room ready for us but definitely not expecting it. It's not our first split stay, but it's our first split stay with CL, so just wondering if it is any different. Thanks for your reply.
We just left it at Bell Services. We needed to get something out of one of the bags then return it a short time later. The CM's were great. They even took us back to where they store everything and we got what we needed. Very easy.

Did anyone here ever get any insight on why BWI has no Boardwalk or Waterview CL rooms to book now? I've talked to them at the TA booking Dept (since I have to call them for changes with our Bounceback booking) and they tried to find out and couldn't. Clearly the rooms are not gone and they aren't converted to Deluxe, they have sitting rooms in them, so not really possible to reconstruct the rooms. They did say that based on everything they saw they are not included with Standard and they are removed from booking. I know they are not leaving them empty all this time. So, anyone know what's up?
Sent you a PM

I've been curious too - there only seemed to be a standard option. I'm supposed to be there in a few days...

@TheFloatingBear

I hope your trip goes fabulously!!!
Sending pixie dust for your father's recovery!

Enjoy your trip!

NonnaT

Oh man. So sorry to hear about your dad! Glad he’s stabilizing a bit and you’ve got support around you to help/him out. Hope he continues to improve!

I am glad your dad is doing better. It is great that you get to go. It will give you a time to recharge for when you get back. Please come back and let us know how your vacation goes.

Thank you all for the well wishes! It's been a bit of a fluid situation but I think we have a good plan in place so fingers crossed! I truly appreciate your kind words!

Hello CL experts! I changed our ressie from BC CL I mentioned a month ago to now a split stay BWV/AKV-CL. I have a question regarding the CL Viewing area for HEA at MK. Do all CL guests have access to that area even if I don't purchase the extra club level fastpasses?

Thanks for your review and all of the pics. Congrats on the upgrade! Glad you had a great time :wizard:.

Have a great time! :yay:
Thank you. So far very happy with WL CL. We were met at the front desk when we arrived and got a tour of the offerings and brought to our room. The selections have been great. All the CM's very pleasant. We are here until Monday when we switch to BC CL so if anyone has any questions about WL just let me know.

We are on our 4th trip in a year and hoping for an AP TSL preview before our passes expire at the end of June.
Same here! We have a June trip on the books and hoping for TSL. Good luck!

We will have eeked out 6 trips on APs. In justifying the AP I thought at best I could do 4. I’m delighted to have managed to fit in 2 more. Addicting is right!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter