Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Morning all. Sadly, rounding third on a week at AKL CL. First time here. Just wanted to pop in and say that we have thouroughly enjoyed everything about this trip.

I don’t quite know what I was expecting with AKL CL... it doesn’t get discussed all that much around here and sometimes has some pretty negative reviews. But this has hands down been one of the best resort and CL combinations in our travels. We have been impressed by nearly everything. Great welcome/arrival (for the first time in forever), abundant food offerings, wonderful CMs, nice large lounge. The resort overall is fantastic for our family and touring style.

We’ve been cancelling plans right and left in order to spend more time around the resort.

Really just can’t say enough good things about this place - both from a resort and CL perspective.

Anyway, full report to come when we return - just wanted to get that off my chest. :-)

Hope everyone is having a great week!

I am glad you are enjoying it! It is the only CL in WDW that we have tried, as we can use our AKV DVC points, but we have really enjoyed it over the past ~9 years. They had a really rough couple of years there (around 2015) where there were fewer offerings, and a significant lowering in service by the CMs, but our 2017 and 2018 stays have been great, with 2018 being the best yet. I am hopeful that they keep up this level of service.

@mickeyluv’r - was the viewing area for HEA actually seating or was it an area where you stand to view HEA? Could you describe the area size, was it crowded?

Thanks
I describe it in detail in the other thread on this subject.

It is a roped off area of the hub. It has some concrete pathway, but also some (fake) grassy area. The CM's try to keep a pathway open along what I'd call the front of the area, though folks kept trying to stop along that path. (Why? I don't know?)

Though there were approximately 40names on the CM's list, only about 10 people, including us, were actually in the roped area both nights. Lots of free space when we went, but maybe we were a bit lucky.

The first night we sat, because we could. The second night we stood. If you sit, even though we had plenty of personal space- the rest of the hub is an ocean of folks holding up cell phones or toddlers (on their shoulders). There's also a few light poles and shrubs that slightly obstruct the view. When we stood, we stood beside the shrubs, so we very much weren't blocking anyone's view.

I'll add though, the hub cleared out quite a bit before the castle projection show, Once Upon a Time, started. While we could have stayed put, we instead moved closer to the castle and a had a somewhat better view.

If you aren't paying attention, then the ground in the hub area appears to be flat. It isn't. (at least not since they re landscaped it.) The ground is slightly sloped. The new FP reserved area is kind of back by Casey's, but you get the advantage of the sloped ground. It = a better view overall, but you can't quite see the very bottom of the castle. Overall, the view was great though! Much better than you'd normally get if you stand in the crowd, unless you are a toddler perched on a very tall parent's shoulders! :)

Hope that makes sense.

I describe it in detail in the other thread on this subject.

It is a roped off area of the hub. It has some concrete pathway, but also some (fake) grassy area. The CM's try to keep a pathway open along what I'd call the front of the area, though folks kept trying to stop along that path. (Why? I don't know?)

Though there were approximately 40names on the CM's list, only about 10 people, including us, were actually in the roped area both nights. Lots of free space when we went, but maybe we were a bit lucky.

The first night we sat, because we could. The second night we stood. If you sit, even though we had plenty of personal space- the rest of the hub is an ocean of folks holding up cell phones or toddlers (on their shoulders). There's also a few light poles and shrubs that slightly obstruct the view. When we stood, we stood beside the shrubs, so we very much weren't blocking anyone's view.

I'll add though, the hub cleared out quite a bit before the castle projection show, Once Upon a Time, started. While we could have stayed put, we instead moved closer to the castle and a had a somewhat better view.

If you aren't paying attention, then the ground in the hub area appears to be flat. It isn't. (at least not since they re landscaped it.) The ground is slightly sloped. The new FP reserved area is kind of back by Casey's, but you get the advantage of the sloped ground. It = a better view overall, but you can't quite see the very bottom of the castle. Overall, the view was great though! Much better than you'd normally get if you stand in the crowd, unless you are a toddler perched on a very tall parent's shoulders! :)

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks very much for the description. It sounds like we could stay in the roped off area following the show until some of the crowd has dispersed without getting swept up. My DH is visually impaired and we need to stay connected in crowds. It’s very helpful to get first hand experiences.

I hope your right. I have to say when I read the news my heart sank. We are finally staying RPC at the Grand Floridian ( our dream resort) May 16-May 23.. I’m praying the refurb will be after that. I’m just not wanting more people in the lounge area than are supposed to be there by booking an actual room in the main building. Is there anyone we can contact to find out more information about this?

The amount of crowding would still only be relative to the total number of rooms that are booked.

There's approximately 175 RPC rooms and 90 SL rooms.

If SL is being renovated, then I'm sure the SL occupancy rate would be very low, and that time of year isn't peak season, so RPC probably won't be at capacity either. (except maybe Mother's day weekend.I'm sure GF's CL's are very popular every Mom's day!)

I'd happily go then: one of our CL stays overlapped with a hotel renovation, and I'll just say that the CL staff took good care of us that trip! :)

Further, keep in mind, MOST of the Grand Floridian's food ALL comes from the hotel's ONE central kitchen. Even most of what Narcoosee's serves! So the kitchen won't have any trouble keeping up. they should also have plenty of available staff, too.

Thanks very much for the description. It sounds like we could stay in the roped off area following the show until some of the crowd has dispersed without getting swept up. My DH is visually impaired and we need to stay connected in crowds. It’s very helpful to get first hand experiences.
Absolutely! They will let you stay there after the show.

I mostly booked the deal for the FP. We often stay at CR, so we usually prefer to see the MK fireworks from CR.

We were pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed the reserved area. IMO, it was a treat to be in the hub and have so much personal space!

The first night we had a FP for Buzz that was about to expire, so we had to hightail it over that way after the fireworks.

Morning all. Sadly, rounding third on a week at AKL CL. First time here. Just wanted to pop in and say that we have thouroughly enjoyed everything about this trip.

I don’t quite know what I was expecting with AKL CL... it doesn’t get discussed all that much around here and sometimes has some pretty negative reviews. But this has hands down been one of the best resort and CL combinations in our travels. We have been impressed by nearly everything. Great welcome/arrival (for the first time in forever), abundant food offerings, wonderful CMs, nice large lounge. The resort overall is fantastic for our family and touring style.

We’ve been cancelling plans right and left in order to spend more time around the resort.

Really just can’t say enough good things about this place - both from a resort and CL perspective.

Anyway, full report to come when we return - just wanted to get that off my chest. :-)

Happy to hear you and the family are enjoying it - and sorry you have to leave soon! It set the bar high for me as my first CL experience last March. I've actually been trying to convince my DH to go there instead of the Poly one time - he loves the monorail resorts, though, so no luck yet. I'll just have to go back without him. :upsidedow Have you run into Sue (one of the CMs in the lounge)? I read recently in this thread that she's retiring soon, but I don't think the date has passed yet. She was so pleasant to chat with when I was there!

QUOTE="mickeyluv'r, post: 59048954, member: 81578"]The amount of crowding would still only be relative to the total number of rooms that are booked.

If SL is being renovated, then I'm sure the SL occupancy rate would be very low, and that time of year isn't peak season, so RPC probably won't be at capacity either. (except maybe Mother's day weekend.I'm sure GF's CL's are very popular every Mom's day!)

I'd happily go then: one of our CL stays overlapped with a hotel renovation, and I'll just say that the CL staff took good care of us that trip! :)

Further, keep in mind, MOST of the Grand Floridian's food ALL comes from the hotel's ONE central kitchen. Even most of what Narcoosee's serves! So the kitchen won't have any trouble keeping up. they should also have plenty of available staff, too.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your comments and reassurance. The only thing that still concerns is me is that GF does not have any rooms available the dates we are there.

Maybe I'm wrong about how full GF will be.

We've only experienced construction a few times, but when we have, we've always felt that WDW made a considerable effort to limit the impact. It may well be that in addition to SL rooms, they've also blocked out a number of RPC rooms as well. At WDW deluxe hotels, part of the price is the view, right? A number of RPC rooms face towards the SL building, plus the closest road access to the SL building is the cul-de-sac that sits kinda between the marina and the convention building. So it seems likely to me that all the marina facing rooms are off-line during that time.

I'm often impressed with how well WDW handles large groups of people.

It also just doesn't seem to me that GF would let their highest paying GF club level guests have a miserably over-crowded experience.

The amount of crowding would still only be relative to the total number of rooms that are booked.

Further, keep in mind, MOST of the Grand Floridian's food ALL comes from the hotel's ONE central kitchen. Even most of what Narcoosee's serves! So the kitchen won't have any trouble keeping up. they should also have plenty of available staff, too.

Wow, I did not know SL had less rooms than RPC did, I would have thought the opposite. So thanks for that reassurance. But personally, I’m not worried about the amount of food provided, but more about the seating & possible crowding there. Although maybe they will bring in more seating if they will have SL guests in the RPC lounge. I can’t imagine many people will take food back to their room in SL but most would stay in the lounge. The big draw for me is sitting in the lounge enjoying the atmosphere from the lobbb below. Having no place to sit & needing to take my foods back to my room would defeat the purpose of staying RPC to me. Ugh. Guess I’ll just have to watch for reports & see what happens when things get started.

Maybe I'm wrong about how full GF will be.

We've only experienced construction a few times, but when we have, we've always felt that WDW made a considerable effort to limit the impact. It may well be that in addition to SL rooms, they've also blocked out a number of RPC rooms as well. At WDW deluxe hotels, part of the price is the view, right? A number of RPC rooms face towards the SL building, plus the closest road access to the SL building is the cul-de-sac that sits kinda between the marina and the convention building. So it seems likely to me that all the marina facing rooms are off-line during that time.

I'm often impressed with how well WDW handles large groups of people.

It also just doesn't seem to me that GF would let their highest paying GF club level guests have a miserably over-crowded experience.

I experienced the announcement & ensuing chaos with the construction at CBR. So I guess I am a bit more jaded knowing how that was handled. :crazy2:

But I sure hope you’re right with that last thought!

I just had a feeling!!

That is great to know. We are hoping to stay there over the summer and can't wait. We always loved the AKL. We usually eat there 2 or 3 times each time we are in DW and love the resort. I can't wait for your pictures. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

That will be our next CL AFTER February 2019 CR CL... It sounds exactly like what we want, almost total immersion in a wonderful resort.
Thanks,
@GADisneyDad14

Has anyone used Amazon Prime Now? We are staying Poly CL and arriving next weekend. I would just be getting a case of water and Gatorade. I wasn't sure what address to use and wondering if the items will just be placed in the room or if I'll need to call somewhere.

@mmtwinmama Last year we ordered as well and as stated previously, either go to the front desk or bell services once you have a notification that it was delivered. I used the following:

Guest: YOUR FIRST, LAST NAME c/o Disney's Polynesian Resort
RM ####
Arrival Date: mm/dd/yyyy
1600 SEVEN SEAS DR
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL 32830-8423
United States

Glad you love it! It was our first CL experience 2 summers ago, and Id go back in a heartbeat. Love the mornings there, esp. (in the whole resort). CM's were great and food too! The only reason were doing WL CL this year is because I want to go to pretty much all the resorts!

I was able to score two nights in June at the AKVs in club level with my DVC points today. We have never stayed CL and it has always been a dream of mine to do so. So I re-arranged my entire 4-night trip for these two nights in CL. We will be there the 18th-20th in a CL room, and on the 20th we move to a value stuido, but we can still use the lounge till mid-night on the 20th, correct?

I was able to score two nights in June at the AKVs in club level with my DVC points today. We have never stayed CL and it has always been a dream of mine to do so. So I re-arranged my entire 4-night trip for these two nights in CL. We will be there the 18th-20th in a CL room, and on the 20th we move to a value stuido, but we can still use the lounge till mid-night on the 20th, correct?

YES, although on occasion we will have an issue with our bands working in the elevator after we check out/back in (we have done a few similar type split stays where we stay at AKL but check out of the CL room) and we have been given cards either by the CL staff or the front desk to allow for the elevator to access the 6th floor. I usually test this by staying upstairs while my husband tests the elevator and he texts whether our bands are still working after checking out/back in, if the bands don't work in the elevator during his test then I am already in the CL lounge to speak with the CL staff and get the cards.

I hope you have a great stay! We have used our AKV points to stay CL every year for the past ~9 years and our best stay yet was this past January!

YES, although on occasion we will have an issue with our bands working in the elevator after we check out/back in (we have done a few similar type split stays where we stay at AKL but check out of the CL room) and we have been given cards either by the CL staff or the front desk to allow for the elevator to access the 6th floor. I usually test this by staying upstairs while my husband tests the elevator and he texts whether our bands are still working after checking out/back in, if the bands don't work in the elevator during his test then I am already in the CL lounge to speak with the CL staff and get the cards.

I hope you have a great stay! We have used our AKV points to stay CL every year for the past ~9 years and our best stay yet was this past January!
I am so excited. I feel like I found a unicorn today landing those two nights, at first I just thought it was an IT error on Disney's part, but it wasn't.

I have spent a little bit of time searching for standard room availability at SL and from early June to late August I have only seen outer building Suites available which doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a SL room as they have given Club access from other buildings, which is usually to RPC, maybe they are blocking out the rooms for availability period and no significant change in crowd levels are to be expected and possibly because of this the overall resort occupancy maybe down during this period?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter