Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I think someone already answered but yes, I've done it MANY times. You will still have lounge access even after you check into your new room. I always ask as we are leaving what to do if the elevator won't let us up and the response has always been....it will let you up..... and it always has.

@cadawson , this was one of the responses.

To add to a PP, the top floor in the pic below is the lounge and that’s the balcony.

Honestly, I wasn’t totally sure if you were allowed to go out there. One morning fiddled with the lock to open one of the doors and my DW yelled at me to quit it because I’d get in trouble!! The tables are sort of in front of some of the doors, so it’s a bit awkward.

We were there for desserts one night and there was only one other couple there. They told us they were waiting for the fireworks to start (it was cold) and then we all went out on the balcony. I wouldn't have realized it was there until they told us.

To add to a PP, the top floor in the pic below is the lounge and that’s the balcony.

Honestly, I wasn’t totally sure if you were allowed to go out there. One morning fiddled with the lock to open one of the doors and my DW yelled at me to quit it because I’d get in trouble!! The tables are sort of in front of some of the doors, so it’s a bit awkward.

Hope that helps!

View attachment 311278

Oooh, cool! Always ready with a visual aid, thanks! I can handle awkward!

Overheard at the BW lounge..."Look, there's that guy who's always taking picture of the refrigerator and buffet! What's he doing? Is he breaking into the Forbidden Balcony?? Somebody stop him!"

We were there for desserts one night and there was only one other couple there. They told us they were waiting for the fireworks to start (it was cold) and then we all went out on the balcony. I wouldn't have realized it was there until they told us.

I guess it wasn't as silly of a question as I thought, lol! I would think it is an amazing view so that's good to hear you can take advantage of it from the lounge, even if it's just for a few minutes. One of the things I like about the YC lounge is that it has outdoor seating. I mean, you're only looking at the parking lot, but it's peaceful out there in the morning! Doesn't look like you can sit on this balcony, but I'm happy just to hang out for a few either in the morning or evening!

Here we go again! Took the fam on their first WDW F&W trip last year with a week at BC CL and we all want to go back to F&W :) Changing it up and doing a standard room at BC for half the trip (CL was a bit much when F&W was our concentration) then garden view Poly CL for the other half of our trip! It will be our first time at Poly (or any monorail resort for that matter)! Now to see if I can russle up another $600 *faint* to add this new FP thing in the next few months. I’m thinking I would love to not have to get up before 4am (CA here) twice (split stay so gonna have to book FPs for each stay separately I think- gotta research that!). Our CL stay is only 3 nights so I’m just not sure much of anything good will even be open at my booking mark... Gah, decisions!! But you know, the fun kind!

Great split, best of both worlds! The Poly is amazing! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Re: Poly CL doesn’t close

That’s so exciting!! Drove us bonkers how often it felt like BC CL closed last year during the day. We just had bad timing for that I think!

I'm with you! I prefer the CLs that the lounge is accessible all day/night, even outside food service times. I love having a place to go sit and relax other than in my room ;).

DD and I are staying at AKL CL in August for her 10th birthday for 2 nights. I'm so excited for our first CL stay. The summer discount made it crazy not to take advantage.

AKL is a beautiful resort and I am always reading great things about CL. Hope you have a great time :goodvibes.

I'm very sorry that my search skills stink. Does anyone know where there is a listing of the room categories at the Swan and Dolphin that qualify for the extra fastpass purchase option?

I'm very sorry that my search skills stink. Does anyone know where there is a listing of the room categories at the Swan and Dolphin that qualify for the extra fastpass purchase option?

You may want to ask over on this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/club-level-fastpass-purchase-logistics.3657573/

There were some recent posters there who had booked S/D elgible rooms and had signed up for the trial program.

Also, I’m not sure how active this thread is, but maybe someone there will know: Walt Disney World SWAN & DOLPHIN RESORTS Information & Questions

Sorry I can’t be more help!

Last edited:
DD and I are staying at AKL CL in August for her 10th birthday for 2 nights. I'm so excited for our first CL stay. The summer discount made it crazy not to take advantage.
There is usually a sheet of animals you can see with a spot to check off when you see it. Ds at 6 loved it and again last year at 19 he still found it fun. If you don't find one on the desk area ask the maid. It's a cute way for kids to entertain themselves and learn.

I have noticed that a couple of people have posted "menus" of the nightly offerings in the various lounges. Does Grand Floridian RPC post such a listing or are the nightly offerings random?

Thanks.
Seems to be a mix. I have done sl and rpc and have similar ones but they keep changing the menu.

I went online today to drop the dining plan, since we are staying CL. It ended up changing my reservation date to today, and now it wants to charge the parking fee. So annoying!
Hopefully this is an easy fix when I call tomorrow. My resort, dates, and tickets all stayed the same, so I don’t know why it would change that.

CL benefits and potential EMH have swayed me to change our 4 night BC/3 night Poly CL to a 3/4 split for more Poly time. I justified it that Fri might be EMH at MK so it's a better switch day than Sat and we didn't plan on F&W on Fri anyway :rolleyes1 ...but let's be real- I just saw too many wonderful reviews and beautiful Poly pics and before I knew it :idea: 3 nights just weren't enough!

I went online today to drop the dining plan, since we are staying CL. It ended up changing my reservation date to today, and now it wants to charge the parking fee. So annoying!
Hopefully this is an easy fix when I call tomorrow. My resort, dates, and tickets all stayed the same, so I don’t know why it would change that.

Did u get a new reservation number? If number stays the same, you should b fine, as per my TA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter