• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Also adding... though not club specific, we did the Wanyama Safari last night. It’s not restricted to those staying at AKL, and it’s open to everyone. If you have an extra afternoon/evening to spare (runs from about 3:45-7:30, including dinner at Jiko), DO IT. For sure it was one of the best things we’ve ever done at Disney World!

Up close and personal with the baby giraffes.

671D4E62-B93B-4D13-9794-45C7C869A818.jpeg
Mama giraffes and other adults:
CCE869CF-0FF3-457E-902A-4F6ACFF30C05.jpeg
C19CCBE5-EB50-461A-AFEA-86E9BA295C6D.jpeg
96A39749-679A-4986-A4E3-5AEDB01B3DCE.jpeg
19BED08B-7A0D-4C18-B94F-57524F566EDB.jpeg

I want to do something cheap for my kids when we’re staying CL at beach club in April. Any ideas what I can ask the concierge for/to do/give them???

We have done mini tier cakes for our kids on multiple stays. They are usually about $35-40 dollars and they deliver them to your room. We have had them delivered while we are out at the parks so it is a nice surprise when we get back to the room. We have also done balloon bouquets and gift cards that we ordered through the Disney Floral and Gifts website (http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/home.do?rel=https://www.google.com/).

Actually I like to book a single cl room either at the start or end. It's cheaper and you enjoy it more knowing it's now or never!

I have 7/4 cl then move to a std after, I love cl but sometimes it's nice to do a dinner or bar like Tambu for appetizers instead of the same cl appies .

I was looking at prices and seems like $1,000 for one night may be hard to justify. Please tell me what would make it worth that much.

I want to do something cheap for my kids when we’re staying CL at beach club in April. Any ideas what I can ask the concierge for/to do/give them???

Years ago, people asked the club level CMs to shop for gifts & leave in the room. And the guest would leave a credit card to pay for those things. Anything that was "given" to guests was just pixie dust, nothing that was asked for or arranged in advance. I haven't read anyone doing that in quite awhile. As the previous poster said, Disney florist has celebration packages that they can set up in your room. You can call Signature Services & ask if they will still shop & leave gifts in the room for you. But I would expect to pay for any merchandise they get for you.

Last edited:
Also adding... though not club specific, we did the Wanyama Safari last night. It’s not restricted to those staying at AKL, and it’s open to everyone. If you have an extra afternoon/evening to spare (runs from about 3:45-7:30, including dinner at Jiko), DO IT. For sure it was one of the best things we’ve ever done at Disney World!

View attachment 308078
View attachment 308079
View attachment 308080
View attachment 308081
View attachment 308082

Love these photos and so glad you enjoyed your trip!! We also did the Wanyama Safari in July and thought it was extremely worth it!! To see the animals from our AKL room after that made it all the better, especially knowing their names and personalities! How did you enjoy your dinner at Jiko?

How much of a discount have they given on CL rooms in the past? I know discounts for September do not come out until next month.

CL room discounts will be the same % as the discount at that particular resort for any given offer. It will vary by resort, and of course availability of a discount to any given room category can vary as well. FWIW, here's my cheat sheet of room only discounts YTD 2018 for the Deluxe Resorts. Per Mousesavers, 2017 fall discounts that covered Sept were 15-30% (that statement would apply to all resort categories).

2018 YTD Discount Comparison_2-13-2018.png

Could you truly enjoy the CL “experience” if only staying for one night?

Debatable, for sure. It's can be a good chance to try a place you might not otherwise try - just to get a feel for it before spending more on an extended vacation later. Might make more sense if you're arriving early on check-in day, leaving late on check out day, or both.

I was looking at prices and seems like $1,000 for one night may be hard to justify. Please tell me what would make it worth that much.

Most CL rooms aren't quite that expensive. But for the ones that are, to me it depends on which resort and which room type. Better be something super special! :-)

Last edited:
Love these photos and so glad you enjoyed your trip!! We also did the Wanyama Safari in July and thought it was extremely worth it!! To see the animals from our AKL room after that made it all the better, especially knowing their names and personalities! How did you enjoy your dinner at Jiko?
Thanks!! The dinner was fantastic. We liked it even more than the regular dinners we’ve had there in the past. It was waaayyyyy too much food as well. Even the pre-safari snack was really good! They were also excellent with my wife’s sesame and fennel seed allergy, and replaced some things we wouldn’t have thought would contain either with other items that she REALLY enjoyed.

Thanks!! The dinner was fantastic. We liked it even more than the regular dinners we’ve had there in the past. It was waaayyyyy too much food as well. Even the pre-safari snack was really good! They were also excellent with my wife’s sesame and fennel seed allergy, and replaced some things we wouldn’t have thought would contain either with other items that she REALLY enjoyed.
Disney is absolutely seemless with allergy stuff!
Sounds like you guys had a great time, loved the pics!

I just booked a few nights in the Polynesian CL for a solo trip in September and I can't wait!!

But I was wondering if anyone has had recent experiences with the club lounge offerings and food allergies (I'm allergic to wheat and peanuts)? I am used to dealing with allergies at the restaurants, but I would appreciate any advice for handling food allergies in the lounge. Many thanks.

I isauuly use
TA

GP discount

APdiscount

Or Travelocity/orbitz/Expedia.

I don't pay that much.

My poly price with tax for a holiday is $637. Pricey but I'm paying $443 for 2 more nights std after. I get to use lounge all day 4th since I arrive at 10am and until midnight the day I transfer to std.

If it's $150-200 more for cl I find I save $$. It really adds up if you gets drinks by the pool and at evening.

I didn't do cl this whole trip because part I'll be alone and then only dd with me. I figure myself I can spend less than the price difference vs when 3 or 4 of us come.

Last edited:

View attachment 308078
View attachment 308079
View attachment 308080
View attachment 308081
View attachment 308082
That looks amazing!! Were you really that close to the animals? That's so amazinng!

Is there any known end date for purchasing the club level extra fast passes/special viewing areas? We're supposed to be there this week enjoying this but due to a serious foot injury we wound up rescheduling to the Christmas holiday time period -- but we've booked a non-club level room.

If this was still offered in the Christmas time frame it might be a deal breaker for us as far as whether we opt to switch to a club level room or not. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Is there any known end date for purchasing the club level extra fast passes/special viewing areas?

I don't think anyone knows yet how long it will be offered. I spoke with a cast member from DSS earlier this week and I asked her about the availability for September. She said that this is still a pilot program, so there is no guarantee that it will still be offered at that time. But she did give me the information about how it works and how to go about purchasing/scheduling in the event that the program continues. I'm just crossing my fingers that I will be able to take advantage of it.

Is there any known end date for purchasing the club level extra fast passes/special viewing areas? We're supposed to be there this week enjoying this but due to a serious foot injury we wound up rescheduling to the Christmas holiday time period -- but we've booked a non-club level room.

If this was still offered in the Christmas time frame it might be a deal breaker for us as far as whether we opt to switch to a club level room or not. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

@squeezle is correct, no announced end date so far. Like with any Disney trial program, it could quickly go away, so hard to really say. Looking at you Express Bus transportation. My guess is it'll be around for a 6-12 month window, but I am totally speculating there.

I'm sorry you've had to reschedule your trip, but I hope you recover from your injury quickly. You are probably all over this, but just making sure you need to manually notify DSS to cancel your Extra FP reservation (sorry if that's obvious, just don't want you to lose your money).

I can't justify CL prices: they are ridiculous. You will tend to get more 'value' for your dollar if you spend time at your resort and have breakfasts and cocktail hours there. Otherwise there is 'less value'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter