Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Quick answer
You are welcome to post any pictures I shared
We just boarded the Wonder and I don’t do WiFi on cruises so I will be home in a week and upload anything else I have !

Thanks!

Wishing you smooth sailing and a great cruise!

:sail:

So many and helpful pages of posts!

@trishadono LOVE the photodoc of AKL. My fave and what fun too see. Cheers!

You may have even convinced @GADisneyDad14 to give AKL a try. 2018 is your year to branch out! Thanks for all the BWI pics. I don’t think I’ve ever really seen pictures of the lounge and that was awesome to get a sense of it (and reaffirm NMS). Glad you got to report for us.

Thanks @ohMom for your pictures too. Enjoy your cruise.

Happy glorious Sunday. :sunny:

We checked in to the BWI late last night. When I booked this short trip I couldn't book the first night in CL and since we we're arriving so late I booked a standard BWI room with the plan of switching to CL first thing Sunday morning.

Imagine my surprise when I received the room ready text that showed that we we're in a CL room the first night! So when we showed up and checked in last night my MB worked on our CL room inside the Innkeepers door. Just what I requested. What an upgrade!

Breakfast this morning was so good with made to order omelettes and endless mimosas for me and a Bloody Mary for the hubby along with all the other goodies. This evening Reggie was making fish tacos with all the fixings and had a large pan of mussels simmering as well. Wine and beer was self service. My husband brought a bottle of Sam Adams back to the room to put in the fridge for later.

All in all a lovely first day. If anyone has any questions ask away. For the wine I had a nice Riesling but didn't check out the rest but I will try tomorrow. So glad to be home again at my happy place!!

We are staying this May at YC CL. I was just looking through some post on the club offerings. I enjoy drinking light beer but not Bud light. Are they able to get Miller light or Coors light if you ask? I not a big deal but I was just wondering.

We checked in to the BWI late last night. When I booked this short trip I couldn't book the first night in CL and since we we're arriving so late I booked a standard BWI room with the plan of switching to CL first thing Sunday morning.

Imagine my surprise when I received the room ready text that showed that we we're in a CL room the first night! So when we showed up and checked in last night my MB worked on our CL room inside the Innkeepers door. Just what I requested. What an upgrade!

Breakfast this morning was so good with made to order omelettes and endless mimosas for me and a Bloody Mary for the hubby along with all the other goodies. This evening Reggie was making fish tacos with all the fixings and had a large pan of mussels simmering as well. Wine and beer was self service. My husband brought a bottle of Sam Adams back to the room to put in the fridge for later.

All in all a lovely first day. If anyone has any questions ask away. For the wine I had a nice Riesling but didn't check out the rest but I will try tomorrow. So glad to be home again at my happy place!!
Sounds like your hotel's CL is the deluxe that has a hot brunch set up on Sundays in the Epcot area! Glad that mystery has been solved for me:). Also sounds like the kitchen is open to guests' view. How do you like the looks of the private dining menu?

The fish tacos were delicious! Reggie said they were tilapia from LwtL. We had an amazing first day as well. We were so full from the apps, we hardly could eat anything for our dinner reservation at Trattoria! My husband is a hard to please Disney skeptic, but he has been very impressed with the CL at BWI and says he'll come back here any time and not do the parks, lol!

The fish tacos were delicious! Reggie said they were tilapia from LwtL. We had an amazing first day as well. We were so full from the apps, we hardly could eat anything for our dinner reservation at Trattoria! My husband is a hard to please Disney skeptic, but he has been very impressed with the CL at BWI and says he'll come back here any time and not do the parks, lol!
I'm glad your having a good time here at the BWI CL! We have learned to eat lunch out but use the lounge as a nice light meal before we head back out to the parks for the evening. The BWI really is a special place for us and we could easily spend a couple of days here and skip the parks.

I have another question- last time we stayed Club we got a form to fill out. Have they done away with those? It normally lists when arriving, and special requests, etc. Do I just e-mail them with special requests or am I supposed to fill out a form of information?

We are staying at the Poly. I'd like to stay away from the lounge, but there's not that option on the online check in.

I want to say the forms are a thing of the past, but it's been quite awhile since my last CL stay, so I could be wrong. Hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

Just returned from fun stay at GR SL - not a magical trip but nice. Didn't care for the curbside check in for concierge - liked it better sitting in SL lounge with cocktail while checking in. :) Food offerings were the usual but did have a chef making beef pasta one night - delicious. Also one morning making Mickey pancakes. Nice! Dinner at Narcoosies was great - food delicious - love the waitress and bartenders.

We were celebrating our 55th wedding anniversay - kind of disappointing - didn't receive a card or chocolates - not even a Happy Anniversary from SL cms. The 3 girls in our party were celebrating their Sweet Sixteen birthdays - no card or recognition either.

Kitchen staff were very friendly and helpful, concierge staff: seemed like they were just doing their job - helpful but not friendly, not many smiles. We had the two rooms right behind the lounge - 6117, 6118. thought they would be noisy but didn't have a problem. One day didn't get room serviced until 5:00 PM - difficult to get 7 people ready for a 7:00 PM dinner reservation. Rooms were very clean but we did have to ask for more toiletries - each room only received 1 shampoo and 1 conditioner for 4 days.

All in all - nice trip not as great as last visit. Will probably try Yacht Club or Boardwald CL next time

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry your GF SL experience wasn't the best, but glad you had a nice trip overall :).

I just wanted to check in and say we checked in to BWI this morning around 9am. Everything went so smoothly, a man met us at the valet and once I told him we were club level, we were never without a CM to help us. He had someone unload our car to store our luggage, accompanied us to pick up my mom's ECV, got the CM (Jim) to walk us to CL, bypassed the check in desk outside CL and took us to the standing desk right outside the innkeeper's club. Family was allowed to go in and start breakfast while I checked in. We don't have our room yet, but we had a great breakfast, mimosas, walked down to rent a surrey bike on Boardwalk, did a little shopping, now back in the lounge to rest a bit. Impressive so far!

Glad you are having a great time so far and enjoying BWI CL! Enjoy the rest of your stay :wizard:.

We just boarded the Wonder and I don’t do WiFi on cruises so I will be home in a week and upload anything else I have !

Hope you have a great cruise! :boat:

Congrats on the upgrade to CL for your first night! Have a great time :goodvibes.

Sounds like your hotel's CL is the deluxe that has a hot brunch set up on Sundays in the Epcot area! Glad that mystery has been solved for me:). Also sounds like the kitchen is open to guests' view. How do you like the looks of the private dining menu?
With all the food available in the lounge I have never looked at the private dining menu. Yes the BWI CL does the Sunday morning brunch with an omelette station set up in the lounge and then they also have Reggie who used to work at the Flying Fish cooking for us at night. He really is a jewel! Talking to him last night he no longer works at the Flying Fish but is here in the lounge every night.

At least in the times that my husband and I have been in the lounge it has been very quite. Right now at about 8:15 am there is only two other couples having breakfast. As usual when we are here there is much more of an adult feel to this hotel. I have only seen one couple with small children. There are a couple of groups of younger adults that I think are with wedding parties and I spoke with one woman last night who had been upgraded to CL so maybe the CL was not fully booked this week.

With all the food available in the lounge I have never looked at the private dining menu. Yes the BWI CL does the Sunday morning brunch with an omelette station set up in the lounge and then they also have Reggie who used to work at the Flying Fish cooking for us at night. He really is a jewel! Talking to him last night he no longer works at the Flying Fish but is here in the lounge every night.

At least in the times that my husband and I have been in the lounge it has been very quite. Right now at about 8:15 am there is only two other couples having breakfast. As usual when we are here there is much more of an adult feel to this hotel. I have only seen one couple with small children. There are a couple of groups of younger adults that I think are with wedding parties and I spoke with one woman last night who had been upgraded to CL so maybe the CL was not fully booked this week.
Say hi to everyone for me! Where is Redgie working now? Let him know Kerry misses his wonderful food!

Say hi to everyone for me! Where is Redgie working now? Let him know Kerry misses his wonderful food!
Hi Kerry! When I talked to Reggie he said that he loved working at the BWI with the lower stress level and more individual one on one and that Disney offered him the option of just working in the lounge instead of at the Flying Fish to. I will have to ask him if he is working anywhere else. This is just a short trip for us but we hope to be back in October for our anniversary.

Are you able to take food and beverages with you from the lounge or do you have to enjoy them there? How are the views from the AKL CL rooms? Where are the CL rooms and which savanna do they overlook?

These are good questions. Our first CL was also at AKL!
Yes, you can take food and beverages to your room. the most significant concern WDW CL staff has ever expressed to us when we asked was regarding specialty dishware taken out of the lounge. As in, taking a basic coffee cup to your room is no big deal. Taking four espresso cups to your room might = a shortage of expresso cups for other guests to use, if you don't bring them back.

If possible, all CL's have paper cups available. They aren't always in plain sight, so just ask if you don't see any.

Second, no glassware is allowed near any pool. If you wish to take any adult beverages to the pool, they (more or less) have to be in paper cups. Soda cans are okay by the pool. (During snack time, we love that CR now offers pretty little plastic bags for portable personal snack mixes.)

Perhaps the other caveat is that pretty much all CL's only have tiny little plates, at least during appetizer hour. Well that, and at AKL, your room might be a bit of a ways from the lounge. Some foods, like warm fried appetizers aren't quite as appetizing once they get cold and congealed. Other CL foods, like whole fruits, are easily portable. (FYI, last summer, a non-WDW hotel, where we stayed actually had a small sign requesting guests to eat all food in the lounge. Mind, they offered paper cups and items like individually packages cookies. I didn't see anyone taking dishes out of the lounge, but individually packaged cookies? C'mon. I mention this mainly to say that CL lounge etiquette isn't totally universal, sometimes you have to ask.)

We've always had nice views when staying at AKL CL. Otherwise, I'm probably not much help. I don't get too caught up in particular room view preferences. In my opinion, a more important consideration is the timing and amount of sun our balcony gets. My recollection is that our AKL balconies tended to be sunny in the morning. Sunny hours are preferable in winter months, but undesirable in summer months.

A few CL's have inconsistently offered us a printed list of lounge rules at arrival during a few of our stays. Generally: children have to be accompanied, cover-ups required, NO wet bathing suits, pajamas/bathrobes are frowned upon, and ALWAYS use utensils when serving yourself from the line.:scared: Gross, but I've periodically seen folks grabbing food with their bare hands.

Last edited:
These are good questions. Our first CL was also at AKL!
Yes, you can take food and beverages to your room. the most significant concern CL staff has ever expressed to us when we asked was regarding specialty dishware taken out of the lounge. As in, taking a basic coffee cup to your room is no big deal. Taking four espresso cups to your room might = a shortage of expresso cups for other guests to use, if you don't bring them back.

If possible, all CL's have paper cups available. They aren't always in plain sight, so just ask if you don't see any.

Second, no glassware is allowed near any pool. If you wish to take any adult beverages to the pool, they (more or less) have to be in paper cups. Soda cans are okay by the pool. (During snack time, we love that CR now offers pretty little plastic bags for portable personal snack mixes.)

Perhaps the other caveat is that pretty much all CL's only have tiny little plates, at least during appetizer hour. Well that, and at AKL, your room might be a bit of a ways from the lounge. Some foods, like warm fried appetizers aren't quite as appetizing once they get cold and congealed. Other CL foods, like whole fruits, are easily portable. (FYI, last summer, a non-WDW hotel, where we stayed actually had a small sign requesting guests to eat all food in the lounge. Mind, they offered paper cups and items like individually packages cookies. I didn't see anyone taking dishes out of the lounge, but individually packaged cookies? C'mon. I mention this mainly to say that CL lounge etiquette isn't squarely universal.

We've always had nice views when staying at AKL CL. Otherwise, I'm probably not much help. I just don't get too caught up in particular room view preferences. In my opinion, a more important consideration is the timing and amount of sun our balcony gets. My recollection is that our AKL balconies tended to be sunny in the morning. Sunny hours are preferable in winter months, but undesirable in summer months.

A few CL's have unevenly offered us a printed list of lounge rules at arrival. Generally: children have to be accompanied, cover-ups required, NO wet bathing suits, pajamas/bathrobes are frowned upon, and ALWAYS use utensils when serving yourself from the line.

This is helpful - thanks!

Is it better to do online check in or not in club rooms? What should be the expectation about getting the packet of information about the resort?

Last time we did Club we did online check in and went straight to the room but never got the list of activities or anything. (that was at Sugarloaf). We are staying at the Poly this time. What should I anticipate on arrival? Should I do online check in?
We've gone back and forth on this subject where it specifically relates to CL's.
The one big thing I've noticed about WDW's online check-in is that they require guests to put a CC on file. Many folks are fine with doing that, but my personal experience with WDW was less than perfect.

I further dislike that WDW no longer gives us a paper copy of the bill at check out. I like getting the paper reminder to check my bill for errors. Without that, I make things easy for myself: no room charges = no errors.

You can always stop by the CL desk for information, including paper guides. Online check-in can be a timesaver if you wish to go directly to a park upon arrival.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter