• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Long time lurker, first time poster. My sister and I are booked for Poly garden view club level in January. We've been to WDW many times, but it's are first time back at Poly since DVC construction completed and first time staying club level there. I have stayed club level at BWI and YC. Super excited to to be coming back to Poly. Any suggestions for room requests? I know we will want 3rd floor for balcony.

Long time lurker, first time poster. My sister and I are booked for Poly garden view club level in January. We've been to WDW many times, but it's are first time back at Poly since DVC construction completed and first time staying club level there. I have stayed club level at BWI and YC. Super excited to to be coming back to Poly. Any suggestions for room requests? I know we will want 3rd floor for balcony.

Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

Then email IPO with that request. They are usually pretty good with requests.

Have fun!

Very cool! If you don't get a third floor room, would you rather have first floor vs second floor since you would have an outdoor patio space on the first floor? If that's the case, I would ask for a third floor room as your first priority and first floor room as your second priority. Sometimes I also request to be "close to the lounge" as a secondary priority but that's not really that big a deal from my perspective - we just use the lounge a lot and enjoy being a few steps closer - but Hawaii really isn't that big the even the further room isn't 'that' far from the lounge.

Hope that helps!

Welcome!!! At Poly, the balcony request is so important to us that we just note "balcony" as our only request. Our youngest son has disability-related needs that make this important, so Disability Services also makes a note on our reservation. We've always received a 3rd floor room at Poly, except once. When we booked Poly GV CL last year, they offered us a 1st floor LV CL upon check-in. We declined (both CMs at the CL desks were pretty shocked) and asked if we could wait for a 3rd floor room to become available. Turns out they were booked and the only room they could offer was the first floor. But when a particular request is important, I usually make it our only request. If it's just something we'd prefer, then I add other requests along with it.

~Its been a while since I have had any DIS time and I am enjoying catching up....especially here..lots of good info...I find there is always something new to learn..no matter how many visits to the world that we have experienced....

Anyone at the BWI CL today? I just read on the BWI board that they are supposed to be updating the food offerings today. It sounded good and I was hoping that someone could confirm it for us.

Looking forward to hearing about that too....We are very recent BWI fans..have been fortunate enough to have visited a few times in the last year..and enjoyed each every stay! :goodvibes

Do you all tend to email or call your room requests to the IPO in addition to online check in? I haven't checked in yet but we are getting close, but my Dad has some mobility issues so I wanted stress being close to the elevator/lounge, since he is not leaving the resort. We are staying Yacht club for just two nights. I guess I am worried because we get in very late at night and think I'll be left with a "leftover" room! (last time I stayed YC with my daughter we were almost at the end of the hall, fine for us but it was just too far for my Dad for sure).

We always do both..list our requests on our reservation thru CRO and also contact IPO to reiterate those requests....

Me too Oct. 10, 2014...not quite 2 years but I miss him every single day. I am a "Daddy's girl" and there has not been a day that I haven't missed him so much. I had 5 quilts made from his shirts (one for Mom, me and 3 brothers). Looking at it makes me sad but it also makes me happy remembering each shirt on it.

The person that made them for me put pieces of all his shirts on each quilt but each quilt has a different design.

So sorry for your loss.

Those quilts are such a very lovely way to honor and remember your dad....:hug:

I have historically e-mailed my requests to IPO and have not done online check-in - mainly just old fashioned I guess and prefer the actual check-in experience, CM interaction, etc. For my trip a few weeks ago at CR I had e-mailed my requests ahead of time AND did online check in a few weeks before just because I wanted to try it. In that circumstance, I received the room ready text around 4pm when I got off the plane. I liked knowing my room number in advance so I could do a quick map check to see if I liked the room location or needed to be gearing up for a "conversation" when I arrived.

FYI, I believe Disney actually assigns rooms around 5 days out, not the day of, so your arrival time (under normal circumstances) shouldn't necessarily impact your original room assignment. I'm sure there are exceptions to this but at least I think that's how it works.

We have always been told that rooms are assigned 5 days out also...and that that is when the details are forwarded to the resort....Wanted to add that in trying to catch up I read your detailed report on your CR stay..and really enjoyed it..:thumbsup2

Trish
Thanks for that WL video...the temporary lounge actually looks really nice to me too....MickeyNut has recommended it many times over the years :goodvibes....maybe one day we'll give it a try...Glad that you have a family trip planned...it will be just the right thing to help you through the grieving process....::yes::

pas Did I miss your most recent post..was reading and skimming ..so much to catch up on...lol...I feel like there is a change coming???????????? :upsidedow:goodvibes

Well....you guys are probably going to be surprised because you know how much I've been looking forward to RPC for our next Easter week stay. I got a PIN code that covered Easter so I quickly logged on and thought this was the day I'd book RPC!:cheer2: Until I saw the price. $1600 per night before the tiny 20% discount which hardly makes a dent. :crazy2:

So onto Plan B. First, I thought I'd book the Cabins. Then my DD said what if a clown gets in our Cabin since we'll be in remote woods? We had a long discussion about these clown stories -- rumors are spreading all around the schools and it's frustrating. Anyway, I ditched that idea for various reasons, and next priced out AoA suite -- the total cost for 6 nights at AoA was about the same as 2 nights at RPC!! But I couldn't pull the trigger on that one either. Almost booked CR CL but wasn't sure if we'd feel Easter-ish there. Couldn't book BC CL because we need both a balcony and a daybed and rarely get both. We just stayed at Poly CL and BWI CL, so those are out.

So where did we end up? The place where my DH really enjoyed 3 years ago, especially the food -- WL CL, except this time we're staying in a deluxe CL room. We did not love the small regular rooms and the closed panel balconies. So the deluxe room will fix both of those problems. Except we won't be on the 7th floor, but we all have fitbits and love stairs so I think we'll be ok :thumbsup2. A big selling factor for me is the new lounge is supposed to have an MK view, so that will be awesome! I will be stalking these threads to keep track of the progress.

I still may change to a split stay with RPC depending on the AP discounts....

As to why I get these PIN codes when we've been AP holders for 13 years....I think it's because somehow my email is still associated with my maiden name and parents' home, even though my email is also connected to me now with my married name and current home. I will say that last Easter I booked with a PIN code too but then ended up modifying it when the AP rates came out because AP rates are usually a little better than the PIN's.

Well....you guys are probably going to be surprised because you know how much I've been looking forward to RPC for our next Easter week stay. I got a PIN code that covered Easter so I quickly logged on and thought this was the day I'd book RPC!:cheer2: Until I saw the price. $1600 per night before the tiny 20% discount which hardly makes a dent. :crazy2:

So onto Plan B. First, I thought I'd book the Cabins. Then my DD said what if a clown gets in our Cabin since we'll be in remote woods? We had a long discussion about these clown stories -- rumors are spreading all around the schools and it's frustrating. Anyway, I ditched that idea for various reasons, and next priced out AoA suite -- the total cost for 6 nights at AoA was about the same as 2 nights at RPC!! But I couldn't pull the trigger on that one either. Almost booked CR CL but wasn't sure if we'd feel Easter-ish there. Couldn't book BC CL because we need both a balcony and a daybed and rarely get both. We just stayed at Poly CL and BWI CL, so those are out.

So where did we end up? The place where my DH really enjoyed 3 years ago, especially the food -- WL CL, except this time we're staying in a deluxe CL room. We did not love the small regular rooms and the closed panel balconies. So the deluxe room will fix both of those problems. Except we won't be on the 7th floor, but we all have fitbits and love stairs so I think we'll be ok :thumbsup2. A big selling factor for me is the new lounge is supposed to have an MK view, so that will be awesome! I will be stalking these threads to keep track of the progress.

As to why I get these PIN codes when we've been AP holders for 13 years....I think it's because somehow my email is still associated with my maiden name and parents' home, even though my email is also connected to me now with my married name and current home. I will say that last Easter I booked with a PIN code too but then ended up modifying it when the AP rates came out because AP rates are usually a little better than the PIN's.
Those clowns lol!

Sounds like a good plan! These tiny discounts for GF and Cr are frightening.

Im with you, still curious what AP will be? Maybe like the extra food and merch discounts AP holders are getting, they saving the good discounts for us!

A girl can dream, right?

Those clowns lol!

Sounds like a good plan! These tiny discounts for GF and Cr are frightening.

Im with you, still curious what AP will be? Maybe like the extra food and merch discounts AP holders are getting, they saving the good discounts for us!

A girl can dream, right?

I really hope so! I'm so curious what they'll do for the next round of AP discounts. You know what I can't believe is the Dooney bags on the Disney shopping app gives the 20% AP discount! I thought for sure the 20% would have exclusions and so I tested it expecting to see just 10% off, but it is indeed 20%. So here's to hoping they give us a good room discount too! If so, I'll most likely split our WL stay with RPC :cloud9:.

I

I nearly choked on my wine at that price.:) That seals the deal for us, we will never be staying at the RPC again! Ten nights at the GF RPC would be a nice down payment on a house. Just for kicks what kind of room was that anyway. Ifmy beloved BWI ever gets that high life at Disney will be done for this family. Great to see you back on the boards BlueSkies.

I

I nearly choked on my wine at that price.:) That seals the deal for us, we will never be staying at the RPC again! Ten nights at the GF RPC would be a nice down payment on a house. Just for kicks what kind of room was that anyway. Ifmy beloved BWI ever gets that high life at Disney will be done for this family. Great to see you back on the boards BlueSkies.

It's just a standard RPC room! Granted, it's Easter week so full price is jacked way up....that's why a 20% discount won't even entice us to bite. We'll see what AP discounts bring. Otherwise, we're pretty excited to try out the new WL lounge, but I'll have to keep a watch on that progress. If it doesn't look promising, I will switch resorts.

Might I suggest you avoid room 3534
IMG_8067.JPG

This was our view :sad2:
Inspite of our stunning view we throughly enjoyed ourselves
Wishing you Pixie Dust

@TJA Ooh thanks for the shopping tip!

I was trying to explain to dh why I was so excited now for my WL CL trip. I think I will boat over that morning and give him a quick tour. He hasn't stayed CL there. My guys only at BLT the weekend then have a ME at 10am the day of my transfer.

I love that boat from Cr TO WL anyways and get a CL breakfast that am will be fun!

My siblings have all departed so I am staying home today for a cleaning day. It will be nice to be alone and think of my Dad::yes::

We are booked deluxe club level at the Boardwalk Inn next month. Could anyone tell us what makes it deluxe as opposed to standard club level? Thank you so much.
You may want to head over to the Boardwalk thread for more info. 1st page:daisy:

Basically the room is longer. There are the regular 2 queens then a sleeper sofa and a 2nd tv seating area.(sleep6)

Some rooms are not on the CL floor.

For me the best perk is the guaranteed water view!:worship:

I haven't stayed there but I always dream....:cloud9:

OMG I thought I had sticker shock when I saw the RPC rates for the beginning of April. It was only $1200...before taxes...I booked the YC instead with the Disney Visa code. The Epcot resorts went up a lot as well, it's almost double what we paid in February. :sad2::eek::faint: . I only got one pin code many years ago...wish I knew the secret...I keep hoping...

Hi Blue:wave2:

I find there is always something new to learn..no matter how many visits to the world that we have experienced.

I agree :).

the temporary lounge actually looks really nice to me too....MickeyNut has recommended it many times over the years :goodvibes.

The WL really is a great resort. Hope you are able to try it sometime :wizard:.

Congrats on the PIN. I understand holidays are more expensive, but $1600/nt is just crazy! :eek:

I didn't know the new lounge was going to have a MK view. I'm thinking we'll have to get back there for another stay soon. I hope you enjoy the deluxe room :goodvibes.

So here's to hoping they give us a good room discount too! If so, I'll most likely split our WL stay with RPC :cloud9:.

That would be a great split ::yes::.

It's just a standard RPC room! Granted, it's Easter week so full price is jacked way up....that's why a 20% discount won't even entice us to bite.

Crazy! :faint:

I love that boat from Cr TO WL

Me too :goodvibes.

My siblings have all departed so I am staying home today for a cleaning day. It will be nice to be alone and think of my Dad::yes::

:hug:

You may want to head over to the Boardwalk thread for more info. 1st page:daisy:

Basically the room is longer. There are the regular 2 queens then a sleeper sofa and a 2nd tv seating area.(sleep6)

Some rooms are not on the CL floor.

For me the best perk is the guaranteed water view!:worship:

I haven't stayed there but I always dream....:cloud9:
As @trishadono says, the rooms are long. They are spacious, 600+ square feet.
There is no partition or door between the bed area and the seating area.There is a little living room area near the door to the balcony, and the views are of Crescent Lake. Beautiful!
The rooms are either on 4th (CL) or on 3rd. There is a back stairwell that guests can take from 3rd up to 4th to get to the lounge, much quicker than trying to use the elevators.

:faint: Those rates are crazy..as is the itty bitty discount...lol...The room rates have really sky rocketed in the last few years! We have recently become very big fans of the split stays (MK and Epcot resort splits for us..)....and with MK resort rates..most especially at the GF ..being what they are...sounds like it would be a good way to get a few nights in RPC...but enjoy another WDW resort..and not break the bank!

We are booked deluxe club level at the Boardwalk Inn next month. Could anyone tell us what makes it deluxe as opposed to standard club level? Thank you so much.

I know that others have already answered your question..just wanted to say that you are in for a treat..BWI CL really is superb! :thumbsup2

Might I suggest you avoid room 3534
View attachment 199467

This was our view :sad2:
Inspite of our stunning view we throughly enjoyed ourselves
Wishing you Pixie Dust

Hmmmm.....A foliage view....lol..well at least you had privacy on your balcony! ;)

@TJA Ooh thanks for the shopping tip!

I was trying to explain to dh why I was so excited now for my WL CL trip. I think I will boat over that morning and give him a quick tour. He hasn't stayed CL there. My guys only at BLT the weekend then have a ME at 10am the day of my transfer.

I love that boat from Cr TO WL anyways and get a CL breakfast that am will be fun!

:hug:

OMG I thought I had sticker shock when I saw the RPC rates for the beginning of April. It was only $1200...before taxes...I booked the YC instead with the Disney Visa code. The Epcot resorts went up a lot as well, it's almost double what we paid in February. :sad2::eek::faint: . I only got one pin code many years ago...wish I knew the secret...I keep hoping...

Hi Blue:wave2:

Maxie!! Hey you! :wave2: We do get the pin codes from time to time :wizard:....not sure why..they are generally better than the GP offer...but..not as good as the AP offers...so...I will use Disney logic here...the best thing to do to get a good Disney discount is to be an AP holder....:cool2::goodvibes :upsidedow...lol...

disneytam Thanks for the welcome back! :goodvibes Look forward to seeing you at the BWI in December!

MickeyNut I'm still getting used to the Poly on occasion as opposed to the GF...lol...But I am WL intrigued! :teleport:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter